The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   In My World - 1st Buckingham/McVie single (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57064)

jbrownsjr 04-13-2017 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 (Post 1206681)
p.s. - it's ABOUT stevie and, more pointedly, aimed AT her.

that will teach her!! :lol:

ps the bass and drum intro sounds like dreams

elle 04-13-2017 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamsunwind (Post 1206677)
If it wasn't for the vocal filter thing particularly how it sounds on the chorus I'd like it more. It's kind of a basic Lindsey song but I just don't like the sounds he does on this type of thing. It gives me the same vibe as his most recent solo albums which I didn't exactly love for that reason-- all the sounds. I agree, considering the lack of Christine harmonies, it's more a teaser but then why would they pick it as the lead single.

interesting to see what different people hear or pick up. this is nothing like his most recent solo albums, to me. but a lot like his EOTS stuff.

John Run 04-13-2017 10:54 PM

As a 21 year ledgie....Let me say Christ on a Stick people, do you all way over analyze, emote, and complain. 70 year old musicians are creating new music. Be happy your favorite group not only is upright but some of its members are capable of actually making new, well crafted pop songs. It is a catchy, fun melody, with some pointed lyrics. Enjoy. You all are not going to get too much more new music from these folks.

secondhandchain 04-13-2017 10:58 PM

It's up here in Los Angeles on i tunes!:blob1: i really like it. Love the middle break where he hums instead of a lead guitar. Very melodic. Got a great FM vibe to it but I just wish Chris was on it and I don't think she is. As much as I like it I wish they would have picked a duet song to lead. Funny somebody mentioned a Straight Back vibe, don't get that AT ALL. I think before the release on June 9th a Chris song will be available! YAY! It has a vibe of other songs but melodically sounds nothing like I've heard before and that's good! When PeaceKeeper came out I cringed at the similarity to Kodachrome.

dreamsunwind 04-13-2017 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1206687)
interesting to see what different people hear or pick up. this is nothing like his most recent solo albums, to me. but a lot like his EOTS stuff.

I'm not really good at explaining things but I kind of mean how the same way I felt about a lot of songs off Seeds We Sow and the others, I feel about this song. There's just something about the sounds I don't like. I really can't explain it but the This is 40 songs didn't have that and I liked them a lot more.

FuzzyPlum 04-13-2017 11:05 PM

Is it now fair to say there isn't an accompanying music video with this single? If so, they'd be unlikely to release one with any future singles. That's a real shame- I'd at least like to have had some artistic footage of them in the studio or something.

elle 04-13-2017 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Run (Post 1206691)
As a 21 year ledgie....Let me say Christ on a Stick people, do you all way over analyze, emote, and complain. 70 year old musicians are creating new music. Be happy your favorite group not only is upright but some of its members are capable of actually making new, well crafted pop songs. It is a catchy, fun melody, with some pointed lyrics. Enjoy. You all are not going to get too much more new music from these folks.

lol. welcome to TL! that's what we do!! :wavey:

while i'm extremely happy they are releasing this album, i reserve the right to not like everything they release, and to express it too :lol:. and i'm also still unhappy that this was not released back in 2014. we could have had 2 albums from them by now if they haven't waited for the person this song is pointed at. and from what we hear now when they got over the wait, they both are planning on releasing more albums, some possibly even this year. so yeah, very excited about actually hearing and getting all this new music, finally!

elle 04-13-2017 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1206696)
Is it now fair to say there isn't an accompanying music video with this single? If so, they'd be unlikely to release one with any future singles. That's a real shame- I'd at least like to have had some artistic footage of them in the studio or something.

good point. Lindsey had that for SWS songs, on his website, and it was cool. would be really nice to have some footage of them in the studio! who knows, maybe closer to the album release date?

jbrownsjr 04-13-2017 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1206697)
lol. welcome to TL! that's what we do!! :wavey:

while i'm extremely happy they are releasing this album, i reserve the right to not like everything they release, and to express it too :lol:. and i'm also still unhappy that this was not released back in 2014. we could have had 2 albums from them by now if they haven't waited for the person this song is pointed at. and from what we hear now when they got over the wait, they both are planning on releasing more albums, some possibly even this year. so yeah, very excited about actually hearing and getting all this new music, finally!

You will just not take 5 minutes to stop blaming Stevie. :lol::lol:

LB Freakazoid 04-13-2017 11:16 PM

I like it!! Catchy, breezy, and easy to enjoy....

secondhandchain 04-13-2017 11:17 PM

Curious as to why you think this is about Stevie? I get the dancing, spinning, singing part obviously. ha ha

elle 04-13-2017 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1206699)
You will just not take 5 minutes to stop blaming Stevie. :lol::lol:

don't blame me, blame Lindsey. i just listened to the song and that's what he says. :angel:

SorcererJP 04-13-2017 11:18 PM

Listening to it right now for the first time, earl in the morning.

Very very very recognizable as a solo Lindsey-song. A bit of the Big Love voice-samples in the middle. This song could have perfectly fit on Out of the Cradle. No sign of Christine though ...

jbrownsjr 04-13-2017 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1206703)
don't blame me, blame Lindsey. i just listened to the song and that's what he says. :angel:

He sure did. Where's all those damn shippers.. barking about how everything's about her. Well, this one is.

.........or maybe it's about Kristen.. we hate her!! (including the cover of this new album) she ruined everything...

bwahahahahahahhaahah

bombaysaffires 04-13-2017 11:19 PM

GLARING absence of Christine.

Disappointment.....:(

I hope Chris wasn't so excited to get back to recording that she didn't put the brakes on some of his excesses...........