The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Is this fair? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57989)

HomerMcvie 07-24-2018 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1232944)
I call BS. I don’t believe for a second that you would have cared about the damage to their legacy if they had FIRED Stevie for not participating on what became LBCM.

I mean, you didn’t buy EP, which was like 75% Lindsey. You didn’t like SYW much and seemed pretty neutral about LBCM. So, exactly how are you THAT put off by them parting ways with Lindsey? It doesn’t appear you’ve liked his work with them over the past 20 years, so it’s clearly not about anything new. Maybe that’s kind of why they’re going in a different direction, that they’re not digging his direction anymore, either.

So, you’d rather they be a cash-grab oldies act than get a very different setlist and possibly new music? Not the legacy I want.

Finally home...

Firing Stevie is something they should have done 30 years ago.Without beating a dead hor.....goat, I LOVED her back when she was good. I loathe her now.

The EP. I had 3 friends tell me that it sucked, and to not waste my money. I'm a busy MF, and when people guide me towards(or away) from something, I often heed their advice.

I don't like SYW, so what? But you're WRONG about LBCM. I f*cking LOVE that album, and most of the people here would tell you that I love it. I listened to it in it's entirety 2 days ago. It's the best thing since Mirage.

Anyone with any sense of music can tell you that LINDSEY is the sound behind the band -that made them a household name(AFTER the PG 1960's).
His production style and guitar playing is THEIR SOUND.

That said, I have always preferred the group sound over just LB solo, as I like the blend of voices better, and the mix of songwriters coming together.

They would have been has beens years ago, if it weren't for him.

These f*ckers are OLD. YES, I'd rather have them go out being what we know and(most) love, than turn it into a f*cking karaoke machine.

And BTW, why are you so pissed?

HomerMcvie 07-24-2018 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1232946)
:]:]:]:]

The minion is waiting for the Master to answer.

That's all you can come up with? Really?

Glad to see at least you learn to quote. Finally! I know sometimes age is a inconvenience.... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Don't waste your time responding to the herd, my friend. Because they're B'aaaaahhhhhhhhhdddddddd.
An oldie but a goodie.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGBqB_k84Ms

iamnotafraid 07-24-2018 02:59 AM

Speaking of Stevie Haters...

Where is Elle?

I'm thinking she might have jumped back on
the FM wagon. Bet she's even got tickets to
a few shows on the upcoming tour but is too
embarrassed to talk about it.

I have to say, I couldn't admit to something
that egregious either.

mitzo 07-24-2018 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamnotafraid (Post 1232956)
Where is Elle?

that egregious either.

Maybe she finally took my advice and got help.

jbrownsjr 07-24-2018 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1232950)
I'm on a party night away from home, and will answer when our driver gets me back to town.
Carry on, in the meantime. Or not...

I love In The Meantime!!!

jbrownsjr 07-24-2018 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamnotafraid (Post 1232956)
Where is Elle?

that egregious either.

I believe she's vacationing overseas... She will be back soon I hope.

HomerMcvie 07-24-2018 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1232964)
I believe she's vacationing overseas... She will be back soon I hope.

Well, she's also not been very happy here, lately. I suspect that's a part of the reason for her absence, too.

sasja 07-24-2018 10:53 AM

I am just back from vacationing overseas (Netherlands), where I found the interest in this Mac incarnation without Mr. Buckingham to be about -0- . In my neck of the woods. :thumbsup:

SisterNightroad 07-24-2018 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sasja (Post 1232974)
I am just back from vacationing overseas (Netherlands), where I found the interest in this Mac incarnation without Mr. Buckingham to be about -0- . In my neck of the woods. :thumbsup:

In most of Europe the interest about any FM incarnation is about zero. This band is a very American entity, they're not so well known outside of the English speaking countries.

button-lip 07-24-2018 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitzo (Post 1232958)
Maybe she finally took my advice and got help.

Well, if it didn't work for you.... :]:]:]:]

secret love 07-24-2018 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1232948)
And it didn't take long for you either. :p

:lol::lol::lol:No, thanks, you are no rival enough for me. :angel: And I've better things to do than answering your nonsenses.

Let SteveMacD and Homer talk without you adding fuel to the fire.

Man, I seem to have a knack for creating threads that turn into disagreements that have little to do with the original post!

Carry on your bickering, friends, it is most becoming of you.

HomerMcvie 07-24-2018 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secret love (Post 1232984)
Man, I seem to have a knack for creating threads that turn into disagreements that have little to do with the original post!

I'm quite certain they needed your permission. :lol:

button-lip 07-24-2018 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secret love (Post 1232984)

Yes, your two creations were certainly the only two threads where people have disagreements.
Why do you think that because people talk through a disagreement it means they're fighting?

It's also most becoming of you to come here and judge. Take some time and read your own thread. You will see that many people here have instigated a disagreement, but of course you always choose me or Homer.

dreamsunwind 07-24-2018 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisterNightroad (Post 1232978)
In most of Europe the interest about any FM incarnation is about zero. This band is a very American entity, they're not so well known outside of the English speaking countries.

People say this a lot and I don't understand it. They've played plenty of shows all across Europe on most of their tours since Rumours. They've played Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, France and more. So there clearly has to be SOME interest in them there lol.

mitzo 07-24-2018 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sasja (Post 1232974)

They will love it when Lindsey's solo tour bewitches the continent's packed arenas.