The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Rock Star-Supernova (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=27693)

Livia 08-08-2006 02:28 PM

^^^ Right on, Dave!

DavidMn 08-08-2006 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red
Dilana. There is only Dilana. Why talk about anyone else??

I havent seen enough of the show. Which one is she again?

BTFLCHLD 08-08-2006 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMn
I havent seen enough of the show. Which one is she again?

http://i5.tinypic.com/242c27q.jpg

JazmenFlowers 08-09-2006 08:43 AM

last night was BORING...at least to me. I actually only liked Lukas' performance and maybe a couple others, but I was daydreaming half of the time.

bikerchic 08-09-2006 08:51 AM

There is a billion songs out there, why do they repeat songs from last season? We are the Champions? I mean, come on. Boring!

JazmenFlowers 08-09-2006 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bikerchic
There is a billion songs out there, why do they repeat songs from last season? We are the Champions? I mean, come on. Boring!

exactly! and I wasn't really all that impressed with her vocal on that song.

why does Storm remind me of Stockard Channing's Rizzo from Grease? :shrug: :laugh:

golden braid 08-09-2006 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers
exactly! and I wasn't really all that impressed with her vocal on that song.

why does Storm remind me of Stockard Channing's Rizzo from Grease? :shrug: :laugh:

I think she looks like Stockard too.

I do like Storm a lot but her singing last night was just ok.

Even Dilana didn't wow me last night.

I think Lukas will definitely get the encore tonight. He was good but I still wasn't in awe of his performance.

gldstwmn 08-09-2006 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golden braid
I think Lukas will definitely get the encore tonight. He was good but I still wasn't in awe of his performance.

It was too short to do the actual song any justice.

Livia 08-09-2006 10:30 AM

I was kinda bored as well. Ryan's entrance was just weird - Zayra was stupid, as usual, even though I loved her top hat and stripper shoes - I'll have to watch Lukas' performance again, I only heard it from another room. I liked Dilana's chemistry with Gilby! However, I can't believe she's never heard that song and had to download an MP3 of it.

I voted for Patrice like 10 times. I also voted for Lukas and Dilana.

gldstwmn 08-09-2006 10:45 AM

I think Zayra is going home tonight.

skcin 08-09-2006 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gldstwmn
I think Zayra is going home tonight.

I hope you're right.

Beachwood Mac 08-09-2006 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gldstwmn
It was too short to do the actual song any justice.

As is he....:lol: I did like his performance though but I'm not a fan. Too Eddie Munster for me.

Josh looked petrified when Tommy Lee said he was going to join him on his song. He sang scared as well. He could go. I think they will keep Zayra around a little longer just to see what she does. I hate to admit I look forward to it as well.

Jill finally didn't look like she was performing a rock song for her talent portion of the Miss USA pageant.

Dilana fits this band and I only hope the hype doesn't turn fans away from her. With Dilana she commands the stage and the focus will be on her. With Lukas, it's just another band.

Terry

Rickypt 08-09-2006 12:48 PM

The only way I can watch this show is by taping it and zapping through 75%.

Random comments:

Dilana -- the song wasn't great for her, but she still mesmerizes me. I would pay to see her in concert and I plan on following her career. I found it interesting when one of Supernova said something like this is the first week they can see a woman fronting their band. Just shows what a disadvantage women have in this world, they have to perform their asses off for several weeks just to get to the point where men can envision working with a woman.

Lukas -- the first performance I loved by him. Now I get it. Still don't like him as a person, though. I no longer think Dilana has a lock on the win, especially if the guys want to play it safe and go with a guy.

Jill- snooze and will be gone tonight.

Patrice -- I really want to get into her, but just can't. She's talented, but doesn't move me.

Toby -- I'm with Dave on this one, great performance until he brought out the stupid megaphone. Didn't like that trick with JD and didn't like it last night.

Ryan -- Um, Halloween is three months away. I've hated him since he trashed Dana.

Zayra -- she will not go this week. I think the producers have ensured that she stays as along as possible because she is good for ratings.

Storm -- snooze

Josh-- weak

skcin 08-09-2006 01:28 PM

Dilana - not her best performance, but still the best of the bunch. And ita Ryan - this is the first week they thought maybe a chick could front the band? Wow. :shocked:

Lukas- He reminds of of someone, I can't figure out who. It may not be anyone famous, I might be thinking of someone I've met in person. This week was miles better than last week.

Toby - I loved his performance & didn't mind the megaphone at all.

Patrice - I thought she was awesome this week. :shrug:

Zayra - it's so obvious they're keeping her around to see what she'll be wearing. I didn't think it was possible for me to hate All the Young Dudes more than I already did., but after her performance, I do.

The rest - forgettable. Josh & Ryan are interchangable. Jill's annoying me. Storm - get back on the rock songs, babe.

Beachwood Mac 08-09-2006 01:42 PM

Magni is so under the radar he failed to make any of our recaps from last night. He has improved week by week but if we don't remember him I hope he has a fan base deep enough to make it out of the bottom 3. SN seems to like him so they can probably carry him to the finals if they need to.