The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   The OFFICIAL Oscar Results poll (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=31466)

rbs3676 02-26-2007 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livia (Post 654019)
Diane Keaton looked fantastic! And finally, NO GLOVES!

For the first time in a long time, Diane looked great. Gloves freak me out.

Favorite Female: Reese Witherspoon. Gorgeous from head to toe.
Favorite Male: Daniel Craig. It doesn't get much hotter.

I give Ellen two thumbs up for a great job hosting.

I think Helen Mirren is friggin' hot. Just a class act.

What the hell is wrong with Meryl Streep? Did she just attend a Southwestern Craft Show down the street???

Phillip Seymour Hoffman needs some help. Seriously. He was looking like that whacked out Nick Nolte mug shot -- get a comb and throw away that crack pipe, damnit!

And once again, Sally Kirkland proved that she's a complete nut case.
WTF???

rbs

Beachwood Mac 02-26-2007 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbs3676 (Post 654035)
I think Helen Mirren is friggin' hot. Just a class act.

I just watched her on the Barbara Walters special. She said she doesn't wear slacks because (in her most proper English accent) "I have an enormous bottom". She's great!

Quote:

Phillip Seymour Hoffman needs some help. Seriously. He was looking like that whacked out Nick Nolte mug shot -- get a comb and throw away that crack pipe, damnit!

I couldn't figure him out either. From the back it almost looked like he was trying to grow dreadlocks.

Quote:

And once again, Sally Kirkland proved that she's a complete nut case.
WTF???

I'll never forget the year she climbed over the barriors to get to the red carpet. How does she get in?

The Tower 02-26-2007 01:12 AM

Freeeeking Meryl Streep was unbelievably gorgeous!!!

I thought I was going to faint during the Dreamgirls number. Beyonce Knowles in "Listen" was other-****ing-worldly..... :shocked:

Were any other singers out there stunned at how Jennifer Hudson did the high harmony on that deal?? (I ain't yet seen the film- kill me)

Peter O'Toole shoulda won, but Forrest Whittaker had the best acceptance speech of the night.

The Foley Choir was great- hello, people- talent. Craft. Dedication.

Gypsy-Rhiannon 02-26-2007 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beachwood Mac (Post 654041)
I just watched her on the Barbara Walters special. She said she doesn't wear slacks because (in her most proper English accent) "I have an enormous bottom". She's great!

I love Helen!!

danax6 02-26-2007 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna (Post 654007)
Diane Keaton, as always, looks classy and beautiful. Jack Nicholson? Very very bald.

I thought they looked cute together. :p

I love me some Diane Keaton, it was a lovely surprise to see her. :nod:

GypsySorcerer 02-26-2007 08:59 AM

I think Ellen did a great job as host. I hope she'll be invited back. Loved the Al Gore line and her interactions with Scorsese and Eastwood in the audience.

Helen Mirrern - simply gorgeous and a class act.

Helen, Reese and Cate Blanchett all looked beautiful. Kate Winslet looked great, but I didn't care for the mint green color. Same for Beyonce. And how about Diane Keaton?!?! That's the best I've seen her look in years. As for the guys, my votes go to Daniel Craig and Leo (who has never been that attractive to me, but he looked great.) And Ken Watanabe is incredily sexy. :nod:

I haven't seen The Last King of Scotland, and I thought Forrest Whitaker's speech was wonderful.........but I felt so bad for Peter O'Toole. He looked crushed. :(

And I'm with Towie - Beyonce in "Listen" rocked my socks.

strandinthewind 02-26-2007 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Tower (Post 654046)
. . . Were any other singers out there stunned at how Jennifer Hudson did the high harmony on that deal?? (I ain't yet seen the film- kill me) . . . .

Yep - and JH has a power house voice as opposed to Beyonce, who has a great voice with tons of power, but it is more pop than JH's Broadway Belter, Southern Baptist revival showstopper. Yet, both worked in this song and there was no upstaging between them. It was a delight to watch.

strandinthewind 02-26-2007 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna (Post 654003)
. . . Oh and Jack Nicholson...bald...what's up with that?

I know. AND - he kept mumbling while Keaton was reading the nominees. He looked a little sick if not whacked out drunk, which arguably one might have to be in anticpation of waling out with Annie Hall come 2007 a la Lola with the same tired drag, which Keaton THANK GOODNESS left at home. Actually, I thought she looked splendid.

shackin'up 02-26-2007 10:11 AM

I went for the little miss, although I think best masculin leading role should have been:

Garrison Keillor in A Prairy Home Companion.

gldstwmn 02-26-2007 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livia (Post 653925)
Good for Jhud.

How freakin' handsome does George Clooney look? Drooool...

He looks fantastic. Also it seems that slicked back is the latest trend in men's hair. Clooney and DiCaprio wore it well.

gldstwmn 02-26-2007 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ontheEdgeof17 (Post 653927)

She looks a little Stevie-ish there.

strandinthewind 02-26-2007 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gldstwmn (Post 654126)
She looks a little Stevie-ish there.

She could soooo play her!

Also, I have been slicking my haor back since the 80's -- so Clooney is following me, as it should be :thumbsup:

gldstwmn 02-26-2007 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nixxxed (Post 653932)
...and the wingnuts go crazy... :lol:

I clapped so hard my hands hurt. :laugh:

Red 02-26-2007 11:57 AM

OMG, I can't believe I'm the only person that has voted for Babel. That was a flawless film. The stories were woven together so perfectly while still being entirely believable. Has no one seen it??

gldstwmn 02-26-2007 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nixxxed (Post 653993)
"Somebody dropped their rolling papers..."

:lol:

WHY didn't they let Ellen do gags all night long? This show has been Dullsville.

It's the dullest one I can recall for a while.