The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   What are you listening to right now? ....part 76 err..3 (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=16513)

SuzeQuze 03-11-2005 01:20 PM

Guilty, by La Raitt

GypsySorcerer 03-11-2005 01:59 PM

Silver Springs, original

ryan8472 03-11-2005 02:00 PM

Sweet Girl

SuzeQuze 03-11-2005 02:17 PM

Angry Smile at You.

CreepingDeath 03-11-2005 02:32 PM

Led Zeppelin- No Quarter

next: Keith Urban- Be Here

SuzeQuze 03-11-2005 02:34 PM

One More Big Time Rock and Roll Star ("just what I need" :rolleyes: )

Moony 03-11-2005 08:33 PM

Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want -the Smiths

amber 03-11-2005 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moony
Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want -the Smiths

retro emo. :lol: :xoxo:

DrummerDeanna 03-11-2005 08:41 PM

Night Wind Sent - Blondie (you guys are rubbing off on my I'm afraid :xoxo: ;) )

amber 03-11-2005 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna
Night Wind Sent - Blondie (you guys are rubbing off on my I'm afraid :xoxo: ;) )

:woohoo: :woohoo:
good! that song is gorgeous! :) :xoxo:

dissention 03-11-2005 08:49 PM

Quote:

Best song on No Exit, Deanna. :woohoo:

DrummerDeanna 03-11-2005 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dissention
Best song on No Exit, Deanna. :woohoo:

:nod: I LOVE this song...I'm still in awe that I"ve had this album for 5-6 years and haven't listened to it all the way through until recently :eek:

amber 03-11-2005 08:57 PM

I just want to pop in and recommend an album - Peace Beyond Passion by Me'shell - it's really good, she's highly underrated in my opinion. She plays bass, which is really cool - but the album is good - it's all groovy yet funky yet mellow yet "up" yet thought provoking...she has one song on there called "faggot" that is really good (in a deep, pro gay way, of course!) the lyrics are all really nice and deep, and her voice is silky/throaty. :) :woohoo:

Moony 03-11-2005 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amber
retro emo. :lol: :xoxo:

:) The Smiths are one of my favorite bands!!

dissention 03-11-2005 09:04 PM

Quote:

:nod: I LOVE this song...I'm still in awe that I"ve had this album for 5-6 years and haven't listened to it all the way through until recently :eek:

It's a perfect album. :nod: Everything flows superbly. It was certainly a treat after so many years, that's for sure. I love Night Wind Sent simply for her voice and the lyrics, they're stunning. And I think it sounds like soemthing Stevie could have written. But strike my comment about it being the best song on No Exit, that would have to be Forgive and Forget. My favorite song of all time. :laugh:

amber 03-11-2005 09:05 PM

Quote:

:) The Smiths are one of my favorite bands!!

I know, sweetie, I was just making a joke. I liked them for a minute when i was about 14...it's too down for me, but I know a lot of people love them. And i have to say, the lyrics are really good. :nod: Just a bit depressive for me. :)
Love ya! :xoxo:

skcin 03-11-2005 09:07 PM

Enchanted Disc 1 - OTR

DrummerDeanna 03-11-2005 09:07 PM

Quote:

It's a perfect album. :nod: Everything flows superbly. It was certainly a treat after so many years, that's for sure. I love Night Wind Sent simply for her voice and the lyrics, they're stunning. And I think it sounds like soemthing Stevie could have written. But strike my comment about it being the best song on No Exit, that would have to be Forgive and Forget. My favorite song of all time. :laugh:

It was totally a treat :D I rediscovered this album at a time when I was SO sick of all my cds - but couldn't really think of anything new I wanted - so I dug through my collection and listened to stuff I own but NEVER listen to :D

I like Night Wind SEnt - but I'm still partial to Maria - I think that's my fave on the album - it has great memories for me :D

amber 03-11-2005 09:08 PM

Quote:

Do you like the song with Coolio rapping? that song really grew on me. But the whole album is excellent, and what a nice suprise. I'm always stoked when an actual whole album is great... :nod: Maria is my super fave, though...

Moony 03-11-2005 09:09 PM

Quote:

I know, sweetie, I was just making a joke. I liked them for a minute when i was about 14...it's too down for me, but I know a lot of people love them. And i have to say, the lyrics are really good. :nod: Just a bit depressive for me. :)
Love ya! :xoxo:

That's precisely why I like them! :woohoo:
:xoxo:
Danny "dark and moody" T.

amber 03-11-2005 09:11 PM

Quote:

That's precisely why I like them! :woohoo:
:xoxo:
Danny "dark and moody" T.

:lol: :laugh: :lol: :thumbsup:
oh, you deep, deep boys... :) :xoxo:
Amber "tries to avoid darkness and is moody enough already TYVM!" G.

DrummerDeanna 03-11-2005 09:16 PM

Wicked Little Town - Hedwig and the Angry Inch Soundtrack :thumbsup:

dissention 03-11-2005 09:18 PM

Quote:

It was totally a treat :D I rediscovered this album at a time when I was SO sick of all my cds - but couldn't really think of anything new I wanted - so I dug through my collection and listened to stuff I own but NEVER listen to :D

I like Night Wind SEnt - but I'm still partial to Maria - I think that's my fave on the album - it has great memories for me :D

The bells, dude, the bells. :thumbsup: They make Maria for me. And her voice, that chorus is a killer. Even better live when she stretches it out at the end, I love it.

You should hear the acoustic version of The Dream's Lost On Me from Live By Request, it kicks the album version out of the water. :nod: And there's an outtake called Hot Shot that should have made the album, I'll upload it for ya if you want to hear it. :wavey:

DrummerDeanna 03-11-2005 09:26 PM

Quote:

The bells, dude, the bells. :thumbsup: They make Maria for me. And her voice, that chorus is a killer. Even better live when she stretches it out at the end, I love it.

You should hear the acoustic version of The Dream's Lost On Me from Live By Request, it kicks the album version out of the water. :nod: And there's an outtake called Hot Shot that should have made the album, I'll upload it for ya if you want to hear it. :wavey:

yeah - I'd totally be interested in hearing that! I'm still getting acquianted with No Exit...but it kicks some ass for sure...I don't even mind Coolio - and that's saying something!

amber 03-11-2005 09:27 PM

Quote:

yeah - I'd totally be interested in hearing that! I'm still getting acquianted with No Exit...but it kicks some ass for sure...I don't even mind Coolio - and that's saying something!

I love the Coolio song! but, then, when Debbie raps, I'm all aflutter... :laugh: :p

dissention 03-11-2005 09:29 PM

Quote:

You should have seen when they played No Exit at the American Music Awards. Debs looked HAWT and kicked that sucker. According to the papers the next day, Celine Dion and Billy Joel were freaked out by the whole performance. :laugh: I should find a photo of her from it, she was the sexiest I've ever seen her.

DrummerDeanna 03-11-2005 09:34 PM

Quote:

You should have seen when they played No Exit at the American Music Awards. Debs looked HAWT and kicked that sucker. According to the papers the next day, Celine Dion and Billy Joel were freaked out by the whole performance. :laugh: I should find a photo of her from it, she was the sexiest I've ever seen her.

One of my regrets in life: After No Exit came out - I was living in Albuquerque, and Blondie was coming to Santa Fe (an hour away) and playing at this great ampitheater...

My friend and I were going to go...well the day of the concert - he calls...he's sick :mad: So I just didn't go *kicks self repeatedly*

amber 03-11-2005 09:36 PM

Quote:

One of my regrets in life: After No Exit came out - I was living in Albuquerque, and Blondie was coming to Santa Fe (an hour away) and playing at this great ampitheater...

My friend and I were going to go...well the day of the concert - he calls...he's sick :mad: So I just didn't go *kicks self repeatedly*

Oh. My. Gaw. I'm so mad you didn't go!!! :laugh: :mad: :laugh:

dissention 03-11-2005 09:41 PM

Quote:

:shocked:

NEVER pass up Blondie, silly! :lol: Their energy live is astounding. They'e not like the Mac where they take a short pause between songs, they play one after the other at a breakneck pace. Clem Burke is amazing, you can't take your eyes off of him.

Here's Hot Shot: http://s23.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3...534P6Q4SX6GSUF

And a killer pic of La Debs from the AMA's. When she came out and dropped that huge coat off her body, I lost it. :laugh:

http://www.geocities.com/rnareau/51623631.jpg

DrummerDeanna 03-11-2005 09:41 PM

Quote:

Oh. My. Gaw. I'm so mad you didn't go!!! :laugh: :mad: :laugh:

Me TOO!!! :mad: Actually I need a full-out tantrum smiley ;)

Yeah - it's one of my regrets...I can't believe I didn't just go - I was younger and had a thing about going to places alone I guess....:rolleyes:

dissention 03-11-2005 09:44 PM

Quote:

Yeah - it's one of my regrets...I can't believe I didn't just go - I was younger and had a thing about going to places alone I guess....:rolleyes:

Eek, I forgot you're in New York! She hosted a Tsunami benefit with the Talking Heads in NYC the other night. I would have loved to have gone... :cool:

And she's headlining the GBLT parade in West Hollywood this summer, too. I might just have to jettison myself out there for that one.

DrummerDeanna 03-11-2005 09:46 PM

Quote:

Eek, I forgot you're in New York! She hosted a Tsunami benefit with the Talking Heads in NYC the other night. I would have loved to have gone... :cool:

And she's headlining the GBL parade in West Hollywood this summer, too. I might just have to jettison myself out there for that one.

Oh man....a couple of weeks too late - I'm going to NYC next weekend :mad:

Last time I went to NYC - I missed Peter Green by ONE NIGHT :mad: lol...my timing is always off...

amber 03-11-2005 09:47 PM

Quote:

I understand. Sometimes these things happen. :xoxo: I'm an only child, and am used to being solo, but that still could've happened to me...I dunno, though, Blondie? :shocked: You'll get another chance, and this time you will appreciate it so much more. BTW, I also love "Debravation", one of her solo albums...if you want to get any more... :thumbsup: I haven't seen her either, but rest assured, i will be there next time they play near me. :nod:

dissention 03-11-2005 09:49 PM

Quote:

Oh man....a couple of weeks too late - I'm going to NYC next weekend :mad:

Last time I went to NYC - I missed Peter Green by ONE NIGHT :mad: lol...my timing is always off...

Timing is your worst enemy, dear. :laugh:

Lemme know if Hot Shot went through okay, my browser timed out in the middle of the upload.

Moony 03-11-2005 09:50 PM

All this Blondie talk makes me wanna groove to Rapture!

Fab five freddy told me everybody's fly, DJ's spinning I said, my my...

:woohoo: :laugh:

amber 03-11-2005 09:52 PM

Quote:

All this Blondie talk makes me wanna groove to Rapture!

Fab five freddy told me everybody's fly, DJ's spinning I said, my my...

:woohoo: :laugh:

Sesly, you should. Rapture? that's hot. Want more stuff?

Moony 03-11-2005 09:53 PM

Quote:

Sesly, you should. Rapture? that's hot. Want more stuff?

Just put it on :) I have the Best Of. :nod:

DrummerDeanna 03-11-2005 09:54 PM

Quote:

Timing is your worst enemy, dear. :laugh:

Lemme know if Hot Shot went through okay, my browser timed out in the middle of the upload.

Um ..where did you send it? I've got nothing in my e-mail inbox...

amber 03-11-2005 09:56 PM

Quote:

Just put it on :) I have the Best Of. :nod:

good, but I meant more stuff. No Exit, Curse of, etc. let me know. I love best of. I have a super soft spot for "Call Me" and "Atomic". I can't get enough...did you know Call Me was originally offered to Stevie?

dissention 03-11-2005 09:56 PM

Quote:

Um ..where did you send it? I've got nothing in my e-mail inbox...

A page back, dear. :wavey: