The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Fleetwood Mac and Eagles planning New York and L.A. festivals for 2017 (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=56896)

jbrownsjr 03-29-2017 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisterNightroad (Post 1204903)
I'm honestly always baffled (if not else) by the fact that Fleetwood Mac members are considered an example of debauchery for the fact that some members slept with other members/members of the crew/members of other bands when all the other bands from the same period slept with countless groupies while simultaneously jumping from girlfriend to new girlfriend and frequently also saw hookers on the side. I guess it's because the other bands were made of men.

I do hate the double standard. Especially at this time. I don't judge Stevie for sleeping around. I think they all dipped their toes in 'ho' land. I know a few Christine stories, too. Sex, drugs, and rock and roll. Not many people immune to that. Men and women alike.

SisterNightroad 03-29-2017 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1204904)
I do hate the double standard. Especially at this time. I don't judge Stevie for sleeping around. I think they all dipped their toes in 'ho' land. I know a few Christine stories, too. Sex, drugs, and rock and roll. Not many people immune to that. Men and women alike.

A lot of time ago I had started to read a biography about Led Zeppelin, they passed groupies to each other like a stress relief method, sort of like "No no now go with him, he's stressed and he needs it more" and were disgusted by the fact that one of those girls didn't wash herself between a guy and the other and it took quite a lot of time for someone to gather the courage to say that to her even if in the meantime that didn't stopped them from anything.
I also read the very disturbing fact that apparently Axl Rose liked to film himself when he was with groupies and humiliated them with sexual acts that comprehended urine and feces.
And finally Motley Crue between a girl and the other put their genitals inside hot tacos to conceal the fact that they just had another sex encounter (I still have to understand that to this day).
The fact is that the rock scene, especially before the spreading of AIDS, is a whole another world made of money, substances and entitlement.

HomerMcvie 03-29-2017 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisterNightroad (Post 1204907)
The fact is that the rock scene, especially before the spreading of AIDS, is a whole another world made of money, substances and entitlement.

You took it right where I was going. I've been jealous in the past, of the freedoms that they had back in the 70s. When a shot of penicillin could pretty much fix anything you contracted. AIDS changed all that. For gay and straight.

Wdm6789 03-29-2017 03:59 PM

Setlist speculations?

FuzzyPlum 03-29-2017 04:04 PM

Who is playing last? Fleetwood Mac or Eagles? Or will they split it at the two venues? (night one FM, night two Eagles at the first venue. Vica versa at the second venue)

tothegypsy 03-29-2017 04:18 PM

Fleetwood Mac plays the 2nd night on both coasts.

dontlookdown 03-29-2017 04:18 PM

The Eagles headline the first night, Fleetwood Mac headlines the 2nd night.

dontlookdown 03-29-2017 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wdm6789 (Post 1204910)
Setlist speculations?

It'll be exactly what you expect -- the same tired setlist of greatest hits.
There won't be much time to rehearse, so I'm sure they'll go with what they're used to.

tothegypsy 03-29-2017 04:25 PM

My hope is that each of them does one track that wasn't done on the last tour. For Stevie, I'm hoping for Angel :)

sywlindseyfan 03-29-2017 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dontlookdown (Post 1204915)
There won't be much time to rehearse, so I'm sure they'll go with what they're used to.

I disagree! At this point in time, Chris and Linds will have their own personal setlist down, and if the rest of the band allows, they may play one of their new tunes!

dreamsunwind 03-29-2017 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisterNightroad (Post 1204903)
I'm honestly always baffled (if not else) by the fact that Fleetwood Mac members are considered an example of debauchery for the fact that some members slept with other members/members of the crew/members of other bands when all the other bands from the same period slept with countless groupies while simultaneously jumping from girlfriend to new girlfriend and frequently also saw hookers on the side. I guess it's because the other bands were made of men.

IA but for Fleetwood Mac it probably looked weirder to people that it was all intermixed within each other/their people. Stevie and Lindsey, Stevie and Mick, Mick and Sara, John and Christine, Christine and Curry, Stevie and Curry, Lindsey and Stevie's hairstylist etc.

I just wish Stevie could've found a real relationship.

jmn3 03-29-2017 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dontlookdown (Post 1204915)

I have to agree with you. I'd be surprised if it was anything different from the last tour at all. The Chain/YMLF/Dreams/Rhiannon/Everywhere/Tusk/Big Love/Landslide/GDW/ISA/GYOW/Don't Stop/Songbird/Silver Springs. Fill in 8-9 in between...

button-lip 03-29-2017 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamsunwind (Post 1204897)
Mick was not attractive ever. He was ugly from day 1 and looked like he smells too.

There are some pics out there back in the 70's that made him look hot. But I have a thing for drummers, so don't listen to me. :lol:

button-lip 03-29-2017 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tothegypsy (Post 1204916)
My hope is that each of them does one track that wasn't done on the last tour. For Stevie, I'm hoping for Angel :)

Angel has been endlessly asked by fans and that wish was never granted. No idea why, but I doubt they will do it now after so many years.
I'm also hoping for Angel. And Fireflies. :)

SteveMacD 03-29-2017 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1204924)
Angel has been endlessly asked by fans and that wish was never granted. No idea why,

Because their voices can't handle it anymore :shrug: