PDA

View Full Version : Album Survivor- Round 2

Hawkeye
03-13-2003, 06:26 PM
There was 4 way tie. But i gave Pious bird the boot because of the fact it's really just a compilation of previous albums. so PBOGO is gone.

chiliD
03-13-2003, 07:02 PM
Ok, NOW jettison Penguin

Man! A vote for English Rose? :eek: That's one damn fine album!!

Stop Messin' Round
Jigsaw Puzzle Blues
Doctor Brown
Something Inside Of Me
Evenin' Boogie
Love That Burns
Black Magic Woman
I've Lost My Baby
One Sunny Day
Without You
Coming Home
Albatross

If it only had Peter's "If You Be My Baby", "Trying So Hard To Forget", or "Lazy Poker Blues" (which were on Mr. Wonderful) instead of Jeremy's "Evening Boogie", it would be close to perfect!! Danny's contributions (in blue) are just fantastic! (Peter's in, apropriately enough green, Jeremy's in red)

Cristian
03-13-2003, 07:36 PM
Penguin... again.

The interesting fact about the previous post was the fact that I realized that I actually have all of those songs in several compilations and/or MP3's, and I like almost all of them! So yes, English Rose is a terrific album. I would have voted the Dog & Dustbin album first, but oh, well... Penguin is not that bad, but still... the worst of the bunch.

Song of the moment - What's The World Coming To

macfan 57
03-13-2003, 07:39 PM
Well, it's between the Dog and Dustbin album & Penguin. I again voted for the Dog & Dustbin album. I'm not ready just yet to see Penguin go. There are 3 great Christine songs on there plus Bob Weston's terrific instrumental at the end.

Hawkeye
03-14-2003, 11:25 AM
OMG, WHO WHO voted for Bare Trees:eek: :mad: :laugh:

macfan 57
03-14-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Hawkeye
OMG, WHO WHO voted for Bare Trees:eek: :mad: :laugh:

I thought the same thing. It MUST be a mistake. Someone must have hit the wrong one.:laugh: :laugh:

chiliD
03-14-2003, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by macfan57
I again voted for the Dog & Dustbin album.

Originally posted by Cristian
I would have voted the Dog & Dustbin album first...

What is it about the Dog & Dustbin album that made you want to or did vote to throw it off over the other albums??

My Heart Beat Like A Hammer
Merry Go Round
Long Grey Mare
Hellhound On My Trail
Shake Your Moneymaker
Looking For Somebody
No Place To Go
My Baby's Good To Me
I Loved Another Woman
Cold Black Night
The World Keep On Turning
Got To Move

Peter Green's tunes are as strong as anything he did the rest of his tenure and Jeremy's tunes were more varied than on his next two album's contributions.

Again Peter's tunes in green, Jeremy's in red.

Originally posted by Hawkeye
OMG, WHO WHO voted for Bare Trees

Do you really think the person who DID would really cop to it? :laugh: (if it WASN'T a mistake, that is. Which I kind of think it is; but, hey, two people have already admitted that they DID or WOULD'VE voted off Dog & Dustbin, so ANYTHING is possible!!! ;) :laugh: )

wetcamelfood
03-14-2003, 01:12 PM
Wasn't me, I picked "Penguin" though it's gonna start gettin' pretty tough in the next round. :)

John

chiliD
03-14-2003, 01:51 PM
It's not like voting off ANY Fleetwood Mac album is "easy". Even for as much as I think Penguin is the weakest of ALL Fleetwood Mac albums, there's really only ONE track on it that I find unlistenable ("Roadrunner")...the rest stand up against the rest of the band's output. And, on the blues era stuff, sure, Jeremy's Elmore James type send-ups are really great taken one at a time, but more than two per album (as on Mr. Wonderful or Pious Bird... ) get redundant...but, still doesn't make the album "unlistenable". And, with all the changes in personnel, with such a wide variety of singers/songwriters/guitarists/etc, one could conceivably listen to nothing BUT Fleetwood Mac and hear almost every subgenre of rock music.

wetcamelfood
03-14-2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by chiliD
It's not like voting off ANY Fleetwood Mac album is "easy"...

...with all the changes in personnel, with such a wide variety of singers/songwriters/guitarists/etc, one could conceivably listen to nothing BUT Fleetwood Mac and hear almost every subgenre of rock music.

Oh I know, I agree completely! :)

I guess that's why FM is my fave band too. :)

John

macfan 57
03-14-2003, 04:23 PM
What is it about the Dog & Dustbin album that made you want to or did vote to throw it off over the other albums??

I voted for the Dog & Dustbin album mainly because I'm just not a big fan of Jeremy, although I have to admit that "Hellhound On My Trail" is actually starting to grow on me. Peter's tunes are fine. "I Loved Another Woman" is terrific and I also like "The World Keep On Turning". I agree that Penguin is by far the weakest of the Bob Welch albums, but I love Christine's songs and "Caught In The Rain". So, I love more songs on Penguin than on Dog & Dustbin. But, there is always something on every Fleetwood Mac album that I like. And, I agree, no album is unlistenable.

Cristian
03-14-2003, 07:54 PM
The Jeremy contributions, probably... it's not that I don't like them, but they do not pair the job that Peter did to his songs... But that's going to be my next vote... Penguin got this one... I agree, "(I'm A) Roadrunner" is almost unlistenable as "Family Man", so that's one of the reasons why I'm throwing the Penguin out (the album, that is), first.

Song of the moment - What's The World Coming To