PDA

View Full Version : Thanks

chiliD
01-27-2003, 05:03 PM
Just want to say "thanks" to those who've just in the past few weeks made the "Pre-Rumours" board noisy. It's nice to finally see that there ARE people who 1) have been Fleetwood Mac fans for longer than since 1975 and B) have discovered that incarnations of Fleetwood Mac WITHOUT Lindsey & Stevie (and Peter Green for that matter) DO have their merits and made really quality music, too.

wetcamelfood
01-27-2003, 08:32 PM
I say thanks too, we always love to see ALL the boards jumpin', not JUST the "usuals". :)

John

Cristian
01-27-2003, 09:37 PM
...the opportunity to learn (if not always discuss) surrounded by all the people who have something to add in the discussions. With every thread I believe I know more about Fleetwood Mac and this section of The Ledge, more than any other, works out well in that way. :)

Thanks.

Song of the moment - Sweet Girl

macfan 57
01-28-2003, 07:39 AM
I feel the same way. Although the Rumours era lineup is still sort of my favorite(and that is starting to change), I love the Bob Welch era of Fleetwood Mac especially and I love to learn anything new about this time. I am very happy to see this particular board get more activity-I hope it continues. Same with the post-Rumours board. I really like the Rick/Billy era of Fleetwood Mac too. And, after changing the running order of the tracks on Time & playing it more and giving it more of a chance, even that album is now starting to grow on me. So, I just wanted to say thanks and I hope to learn more about the overlooked eras of Fleetwood Mac.

Doctor Brown
01-28-2003, 01:55 PM
Well, I'm enjoying this. It kind of gives me a chance to talk about how cool it was growing up in the 60's. And about how cool the place where I grew up was. And to finally be able to relate this cool stuff to people who want to hear it.

Hey, if you were listening to Fleetwood Mac back then, you had to be cool. When that stuff came out it was called "Underground Music". It was being played on a "new" thing called FM Radio, which was what the cool people listened to. The college students and the hippies. The type of people that you would see at The Grande Ballroom, or the Fillmore.

That AM top 40 stuff was on it's way out. That's why Fleetwood Mac wasn't known to more people. Their music was never "kid's stuff". It was more a music with artistic, rather than commercial value.

Doc

Mac Fan
01-28-2003, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by thewhitewingedd
I'm not nearly as informed when it comes to pre 75, details wise, but, I love to talk about the music and the impact it has had over the years...I have been waiting for a long time to get some conversations going on this part of the board...Lets keep it up..
Adam

Same here. I'm becoming more of a Pre-Rumours fan now, although it's not the type of music I'd usually listen to.
Sofie

Blue Horizon
01-28-2003, 03:57 PM
Yep, I fully endorse what all of you are saying.
From a personal stance I consider myself so fortunate and lucky to have seen most of the incarnations of Fleetwood Mac, having been a fan since 1967. My one wish though would be to transport all of you back to 1969/70 to witness the band live with Peter,Jeremy, Danny,John, and Mick. At this point in time they were at the top of their game, so to speak. The impact of their live performances have never been bettered by ANY other group or artist that I have seen since then. All of the line-ups have had that 'little bit of magic' running through them since their inception, and you guys and girls seem to appreciate and acknowledge the contributions all members of this group have made over the years.

God bless you all, and lets keep this board a'bouncing!!

Blue Horizon.

P.S. I will post soon regarding meeting Danny back in 69.

iamstevienicks
01-28-2003, 05:45 PM
I want to educate myslef in all ways of the mac :-D

wondergirl9847
01-28-2003, 10:16 PM
Blue Horizon, you met Danny!!!! OMG!! COOL!! Can't WAIT to hear about that!!!! :blob1::blob2::blob1::blob2:

I'm always open to new music and old music I've never heard before, so YAY to the pre SnL Mac!! :thumbsup:

iamstevienicks
01-29-2003, 06:28 AM
P.S. I will post soon regarding meeting Danny back in 69.

I should pay more attention!!!

POST ABOUT IT NOW!!!!

Mac Fan
01-29-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by iamstevienicks
I want to educate myslef in all ways of the mac :-D

Same here, but according to someone on another forum, I know too much for my age.
Sofie

Denmeister99
02-06-2003, 02:27 AM
Your Welcome!

I started listening to Fleetwood Mac's
"Then Play On" in high school, and have
been a fan of the ORIGINAL Fleetwood Mac
ever since.

--------------------Alamo City fan