PDA

View Full Version : Edge Of 17 ...Live

thewhitewingedd
01-09-2003, 10:03 PM
There are a few Stevie singles that have LIVE versions of Edge Of Seventeen...Anyone know where they came from???

Edge Of Seventeen - 45 (1982)

Edge Of Seventeen - 12" single (1982)
-Contains Two Live Versions
-8:07
-5:57

I Can't Wait - 45 (1991)

David
01-09-2003, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by thewhitewingedd
There are a few Stevie singles that have LIVE versions of Edge Of Seventeen...Anyone know where they came from???

Edge Of Seventeen - 45 (1982)

Edge Of Seventeen - 12" single (1982)
-Contains Two Live Versions
-8:07
-5:57I have these. They are the Fox Wilshire 12-13-81 recordings, the shorter one is edited & the longer one is ... well, longer. Like the video.

I don't know anything about the one from a 45 in 1991. Maybe that's "Edge" from Red Rocks '86?

I'm trying to remember all the "Edge" performances that were officially recorded & broadcast: the one in 1981 for the video, the one at Red Rocks in '86 for video, the one in Weedsport in '86 for radio, the one in Houston in '89 for radio, the one at the Whiskey in '91 for radio, the one in Los Angeles in '94 for radio, the "Storytellers" in '98, & I think that's about it. We didn't get radio shows of the Enchanted tour or the Shangri-La tour, oddly enough.

That might make a useful database ... all the Fleetwood Mac or Stevie Nicks songs that were officially recorded for something & released for something (as opposed to all the audience recordings).

Johnny Stew
01-09-2003, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by David
I don't know anything about the one from a 45 in 1991.The 1991 UK re-release of "I Can't Wait," features the same edit of the Wilshire "Edge Of Seventeen" that can be found on the b-side of the 1981 "Edge" 7" single and 12" single.

That re-release is the only official place you can find the edit in CD format.
The full-length version is officially available on CD on the 'Enchanted' boxed-set, of course. :)

Originally posted by David
That might make a useful database ... all the Fleetwood Mac or Stevie Nicks songs that were officially recorded for something & released for something (as opposed to all the audience recordings). I'm working on it actually! I just need to stop procrastinating, and finish it! :D

Johnny Stew

David
01-09-2003, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Stew
The 1991 UK re-release of "I Can't Wait," features the same edit of the Wilshire "Edge Of Seventeen" that can be found on the b-side of the 1981 "Edge" 7" single and 12" single. That re-release is the only official place you can find the edit in CD format.That's funny you mention that, Johnny Stew, because I think I have that thing. It's a CD with a nice pic of Stevie twirling her hair on it, & it has "Battle of the Dragon" & "Sleeping Angel."

Now to go find it .... my CDs usually don't go far.