PDA

View Full Version : Lindsey Interview from 1992, BBC Radio One

nodmod
01-04-2003, 06:13 PM
After searching for an age for this interview, I managed finally to locate an audio tape on Lindsey only UK appearance in promotion of OOTC in 1992 at BBC Radio One.

I have transcibed the article and posted it here - http://www.fleetwoodmac-uk.com/articles/FMart103.html

It makes quite interesting reading, especially the comments on BuckinghamNicks being released on CD, the guitar technique used for Countdown and how much of his 3rd solo album was used for Tango.

Mike B
01-04-2003, 07:23 PM
Great interview, thanks for transcribing it for us, Neil.

I do think it's funny (and sad for all of us!) that way back then LB was so sure that Buckingham Nicks would be out on CD soon. He and Stevie said the same thing in '97 and I can already hear both of them saying it in the next few months when the interviews begin.

I still think it is such a shame that OOTC didn't do better commercially. The guy was at the top of his game and deserved alot better.

Mike B.

David
01-05-2003, 11:54 AM
Thank you for posting the article, Neil! You do an excellent job of tracking down some esoteric stuff & sharing it with the cyberworld.

nodmod
01-05-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by David
Thank you for posting the article, Neil! You do an excellent job of tracking down some esoteric stuff & sharing it with the cyberworld.

It's a pleasure, expect the Lindsey 'Out Of The Cradle' Press Kit to be posted soon, hopefully by next weekend. :cool:

seteca
01-05-2003, 09:24 PM
Yes, thanks so much Neil! I'm really glad you managed to track this interview down after so many months of looking for it!

I just read it and it's funny when you read Lindsey-isms on "paper" rather than hearing them....they become even more apparent!:laugh:

Thanks again! (You deserve to be knighted for the huge amount of effort you put into your site!!!)

:wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

Les
01-06-2003, 02:32 PM
Thank you so much for the transcription Neil!

wondergirl9847
01-06-2003, 10:22 PM
Thanks and WOOHOO to the OOTC press kit!! :blob1::blob2:

Barbara
01-07-2003, 12:13 PM
Thanks Neil . . .I love reading "new" stuff. Yes, Lindsey keeps saying he'll get to work on re-releasing Buckingham Nicks and never seems to get around to it. . .maybe he's saving it to fund his and Stevie's IRA. :laugh:
Barbara

seteca
01-07-2003, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Barbara
...Lindsey keeps saying he'll get to work on re-releasing Buckingham Nicks and never seems to get around to it...

A quick reminder, for anyone who hasn't already signed it....SIGN THE PETITION to release the CD!!!

http://www.petitiononline.com/bncd/petition.html

Let's get Buckingham Nicks released ASAP!!!:nod:

:wavey: :wavey: :wavey: