PDA

View Full Version : Rick's solo albums

Mac Fan
11-09-2002, 04:27 PM
Are they any good?

wetcamelfood
11-09-2002, 05:22 PM
I think so, I've posted some reviews for them at the discography if they're of any help. :)

John

chiliD
11-10-2002, 12:24 AM
ARE THEY ANY GOOD?!?!?!?!?

Uh..YEAHHHHHHH!

Not to step on John's toes, but, here's my admittedly EXTREMELY biased :laugh: reviews.

"King of Hearts"...more "pop" than his bluesier later albums...most of the songs on here would've been INCREDIBLE "Fleetwood Mac" songs. Personal faves from the album: "I'll Never Leave This Love Alive", "I Still Have My Guitar", "Intuition", "Honey Love". Downside: programmed drums...all these songs needed a live drummer.

"Pink & Black"...a swing blues album. Really starts to show his guitar handiwork moreso than the previous album. Not a weak song on the album. My faves: "I Loved Another Woman", "Homework", "Wouldn't Lay My Guitar Down", "Lazy Love"...oh, hell, I can't just mention a few, they're ALL good.

"Lucky Devils"...starts with a 4 second guitar riff...just takes off from there. Probably my favorite WHOLE album of his.

"Crazy Cool"...opens with "Mr. Lucky" his tribute to John Lee Hooker, who'd just recently passed away while he was recording the album. More fun swing blues type tunes...album closes with Rick's own revamped version of "Love Is Dangerous" (which I like better than Fleetwood Mac's version) Highlights: title cut, "Money & Love", the aforementioned "Love Is Dangerous".

Mac Fan
11-10-2002, 05:40 AM
Thanks. I might get one of his albums soon.

nodmod
11-10-2002, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by Mac Fan
Thanks. I might get one of his albums soon.

You can pick up Rick's later albums 'Crazy Cool' and 'Little Devils' in most UK CD retailers. For a complete list of online retailers in the UK see this post on another board :-

http://www.fleetwoodmac-uk.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=non-rumours;action=display;num=1036704667

Let us know what you think of them

Mac Fan
11-10-2002, 09:28 AM
I'll let u know what I think of them.

wetcamelfood
11-10-2002, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by chiliD
Not to step on John's toes

No problem for me, I was looking forward to seeing what you had to say about these albums as I had a hunch you'd be all over this topic! :)

John

Michele
11-18-2002, 08:58 AM
Hi there!

As the proud owner of ALL Rick's solo albums, I can also say they are TERRIFIC!! :nod: He is one extremely talented man!

I got his first album "King of Hearts" from GEMM.com

www.gemm.com

I bought "Pink & Black" from Rick himself, "Lucky Devils" from The Penguin, and "Crazy Cool" from Rick himself.

He always autographs the cds! He is a real sweetheart! :D

If you are able to get your hands on all of them, they will be a WELCOME addition to your record collection!

Good Luck!
Michele :wavey: