PDA

View Full Version : Given Thing

DownOnRodeo
10-31-2002, 11:23 PM
I've decided that Given Thing is a given thing for the new album. First of all, the album might be called Gift of Screws - so why not have at least one track referring to 'gifts/giving', if not two! lol!

But seriously, I listened to the 'brushes' version of NGBA that Neil posted on his site. It is so different, and, well.. a bit lamer/weirder than the final cut. I always thought Given Thing was such a cool song, but now I can really see him doing something with it beyond its current raw state to make it a favourable track on the new album!

DownOnRodeo
11-01-2002, 10:34 PM
"Why yes DownOnRodeo it is a rather catchy little tune isn't it?"

;)

bjk3047
11-02-2002, 02:39 AM
Lol reaching out for approval are we? I actually disagree, as long as the actual brushes were juust a little softer, I like the original with the added parts better. It flows better I think. Also, I happen to think that Given Thing is kinda lame. Of course...there's not much to listen to. Maybe that's why.
-Brian

tuigirl
11-02-2002, 01:49 PM
Whaaaat!! "Given thing" isn't lame, it's just one of those kooky songs that we love to hear Lindsey doing....What with that and "Teen Beat", he could do a whole album of stuff and we'd still buy it (at least me and Down on rodeo would!!) I'm sure there's a whole lot more songs like those two wev'e never even heard of.:D

tuigirl
11-02-2002, 05:17 PM
Actually I've just thought.. maybe it's our Antipodian mentality that makes us enjoy this kind of stuff ( hehehehe:laugh: )

wondergirl9847
11-02-2002, 06:47 PM
I'd buy Lindsey singing the freakin' alphabet or children's songs!! He's just THAT good to make them interesting!!
:nod::laugh: I haven't listened to Given Thing in awhile, but this weekend, I've been watching the Dance, and listening to Stevie solo albums (a kind of rare occurence. LOL) so ANYTHING goes this weekend!! FM WEEKEND at Christy's HOUSE!! YAY! Okay, I'll stop being wierd. Sorry. :shrug: