PDA

View Full Version : PGSG Japan bonus tracks note & question

wetcamelfood
10-28-2002, 08:47 AM
Well I finally tracked down a Japanese copy of "Hotfoot powder" for the Japan only bonus tracks ("Terraplane blues" & "Honeymoon blues") but after listening to them, I noticed with disappointment that these 2 are simply lifted from the "Soho Sessions" double live CD so I just wanted to pass this on to anyone that still may be looking for a Japan copy of this that if they have "Soho sessions", then they already have the bonus tracks on this and don't need to bother continuing their search.

I've got the Japan "Destiny road" for "The brave" & "Gambling man" and I think those are real highlights and I don't think these 2 great tunes should've been left off the other versions of the album! :)

Now, this leaves the 1997 PGSG album, I'm still looking for a Japanese copy of it for "The green manalishi" but I fear that this may also be from the "Soho sessions" album. To anyone that has the Jap PGSG 1997 album: Could you tell me if this version of GM is from the "Soho sessions" album (or if it is available anywhere else already etc.)? It may not be as I assume that the Soho gig that was recorded for the "Soho sessions" set was from after this album would have been released in Japan but I just wanted to check to see if I need to continue my search for this and if it turns out that I do, can anyone recommend any good Japanese CD importers to me?! :)

So, thanks for your time and I hope the above was of help to somebody out there and I hope to hear from someone soon on the latter topic. :)

John

chiliD
10-28-2002, 09:57 AM
John,

I haven't heard the first album's version of "Green Manalishi", but I can safely say that it's NOT the "Soho Sessions" version. The album was out (in Japan, too) nearly a year & half before the "Soho Sessions" show was even PERFORMED.

wetcamelfood
10-28-2002, 12:20 PM
Yeah I figured it HAD to be something like that so that's cool. Thanks Chilid and I'll keep the search up for an elusive Japan copy of the 1997 PGSG album w/GM and post about it here whenever it is that I do locate a copy of it. I'm really interested to see how it compares to the SS version. Hopefully I'll get it before too long. :)

John

Mario
10-28-2002, 03:14 PM
The japanese pressing of the 1997 PGSG live album, has a version of "The Green Manalishi" taken from one of the four December 1996 they did record to release the album.

Not particulary a great version, but interesting to hear Cozy Powell's drums work on it.

Stay Green.

Mario.