PDA

View Full Version : Camper Van Beethoven records cover of TUSK CD.

Justine
09-10-2002, 02:41 PM
Hi -
in case you haven't heard or if it is not posted elsewhere, I heard that the alt-rock band Camper Van Beethoven has recorded a cover version of the Fleetwood Mac CD "TUSK" (covering ALL the songs!)

there are some articles on this ,but I can't find them at the moment. Just moved and have been busy. Go to Yahoo (or similiar site) and type in something like "Camper Van Beethoven AND Tusk" or "Camper Van Beethoven AND Lindsey Buckingham" in the Search box (use quotes) and you should be able to find some of the recent news articles on this. Justine :)

DownOnRodeo
09-11-2002, 01:41 AM
Thanks Justine. I think most Ledgies already know about that.
I can't wait to get it! If I had a credit card I would have already but I gotta use my parent's:s Apparently it's really well done. And of course they have such good material to work with!!

jeffles
09-13-2002, 10:57 AM
The album is great. I wasn't all that surprised since Camper is a great band and the material on Tusk is great.

Mari
09-22-2002, 10:26 AM
Hmm.. well, maybe it's one of those albums you have to hear a couple of times before you like it? I got it but I don't really like it. was kind of disappointed actually.
wasn't familiar with Camper vb, they're pretty unknown here (netherlands), so I didn't really know what to expect of it.
I do like the covers on Patron Saints, it's not that I don't like covers per sé.