PDA

View Full Version : Question on Chris Coco's "Next wave" album with PG

wetcamelfood
08-31-2002, 03:20 PM
I just read in "Record Collector" magazine how Peter has RE-RECORDED "Albatross" for Chris Coco's "Next wave" album (Distinctive Breaks Records, catalog number: DISNCD78, to be released on 9/2/02).

Coco is a DJ but it did say "re-record" and not a "re-mix" so that's why I'm interested in it. :)

Anyways, I checked at amazon.com and they have 2 listings for this album, the UK version which has 14 songs, NONE of which are titled "Albatross" on the tracklisting they have so I checked the Japan version which is listed as having "extra bonus tracks" but this page ALSO only lists 14 tracks and there may be a few title differences but still, this page doesn't list "Albatross" within the tracklisting either.

So what's the deal? Mario? Anyone? Any info would be great as I don't know where else to try on this one.

John

Mario
09-01-2002, 05:12 PM
Ok.

I already got my own copy of Chris Coco's "Next Wave" as it was out in Uk and Europe on last 24 August 2002.

Albatross is track n.14. I think I have the Uk pressing.

So see at www.amazon.co.uk

Maybe both the Usa and the Japanese pressing have different track listing.

Peter recorded all his guitar parts on 24 June 2002 with a pink Fender Stratocaster and , in my opinion, did it well.

You can listen to a sample of the track at www.distinctiverecords.com

Also have a look at Chris Coco's website www.chriscoco.com

That's it.

Stay Green,

Mario.

wetcamelfood
09-02-2002, 10:05 AM
According to amazon.com, it doesn't appear as though this album will be released in the US but I could be wrong. It just looks like they have the Japan version & (possibly) the UK version but neither lists "Albatross" so to make sure, I should probably order my copy from amazon.co.uk huh?

I just got an e mail back from Chris Coco (who I had e mailed about this) and he said that it is on the UK version, it was added at the last minute so that's probably why amazon.com didn't have it listed on there. He did say though that "the album version was an edit of the full length 11 minute, 40 second epic sunset mix which will be coming as a single soon".

So, since it's really Greeny's guitar part on here that we are most interested in, should we assume from this statement that all of the guitar stuff that Peter had recorded for this will be on that "single" version? Maybe I should just wait for the single and get that instead? If it is all messed around with like most "mixes" are though (since he referred to it as the "epic sunset mix" then maybe the album version would be the better, more straightforward version to have of the two? Oh whatever, I'm glad we've got it sorted out now anyways, that's the main thing! :)

John

Mario
09-02-2002, 04:27 PM
Yes,

I did email Chris Coco some time ago - in order to get more details on the "Albatross" session and update my Greeny Sessionography - and he told they were remixing the whole track and a full lenght version will be available on single soon.

Another one to try and get!

Most important thing is that Peter recorded all his guitar parts by himself, no members of the Splinter Group were involved in the session.

A big step forward in Peter's musical recover.

Cheers,

Mario.

kowk
03-03-2007, 07:30 AM
Yes,

I did email Chris Coco some time ago - in order to get more details on the "Albatross" session and update my Greeny Sessionography - and he told they were remixing the whole track and a full lenght version will be available on single soon.

I have a single CD CHRIS COCO feat. Peter Green - ALBATROSS from 2002 by Distinct'ive.
There are 4 versions of Albatross:
1. 00's Radio Edit - 03'22
2. 60's Radio Edit - 02'55
3. Hybrid Mix - 08'14
4. Alpinestars SkiMix - 05'21

This CD isn't included on http://www.fmlegacy.com/PGguests.html - where are a lot of ( not all? ) CDs (LPs) with Peter's Guest Appearances.

BTW Mario - are you going to publish your Greeny Sessionography ? I think it would be a big treasure for every Greeny fan :)))

Regards
Krzysztof

Mario
03-07-2007, 03:46 PM
I have a single CD CHRIS COCO feat. Peter Green - ALBATROSS from 2002 by Distinct'ive.
There are 4 versions of Albatross:
1. 00's Radio Edit - 03'22
2. 60's Radio Edit - 02'55
3. Hybrid Mix - 08'14
4. Alpinestars SkiMix - 05'21

This CD isn't included on http://www.fmlegacy.com/PGguests.html - where are a lot of ( not all? ) CDs (LPs) with Peter's Guest Appearances.

BTW Mario - are you going to publish your Greeny Sessionography ? I think it would be a big treasure for every Greeny fan :)))

Regards
Krzysztof

Yes it would be great, but there are still too many mistakes on it I'm afraid!
I think that the C.Hjort book, which I just got will be helpful......

Mario.;)