PDA

View Full Version : Question about release dates...

Lisa44
08-20-2002, 01:29 PM
Hi guys! I was just wondering something. If Fleetwood Mac releases their Greatest Hits album sometime around November or December would the record company really follow up with a new studio album in only 4 or 5 months after that? That seems awfully close together to me. Wouldn't Reprise or whatever it is want to put more time between the releases in order to give the first release time to sell as many copies as possible without any competition? I don't know much about the music biz so any replies will be appreciated.

wetcamelfood
08-20-2002, 02:25 PM
The only thing I can think of is that the new album will be on a different label (and we have been hearing rumors that they may very well be with a new label but I still don't know if the new record will be on Reprise yet or not) as naturally a competing label would want to cut in to the sales of a rival you know what I mean? That's the only thing I can think of anyways so I hope that's of some help. Any other ideas anyone?

One thing is for sure though, if the new album is on a different label, I'm going to bug Rhino until they release the FM WB back catalog (as they will THEN be able to "touch" them but ONLY then) with bonus tracks! :)

John