PDA

View Full Version : after seeing the recent pic of christine......

tyshiria
07-18-2002, 12:42 PM
on the rumours board and reading that she got her degree, i think that's awesome btw, i couldn't help but wonder.....

what year was stevie in when she dropped out of college?

for some reason i keep thinking she was a sophmore or a junior, but i don't think she got that far. does anyone know the answer?

mimi:)

sisterofthemoon
07-18-2002, 01:29 PM
I'm not sure at all...but I think she was in college for a bout a year before dropping out. Don't quote me on that, though (unless I'm right :D)

BellaDonnaGypsy
07-18-2002, 04:17 PM
I thought she almost made it to graduation... :confused:

Laura.

rhiannon1119
07-18-2002, 04:42 PM
I thought she almost made it to graduation too!

:) Michelle

FiercestCalmSea
07-18-2002, 04:45 PM
I think i read somewhere that she had 6 months til graduation..

kristin
07-18-2002, 08:27 PM
I thought she dropped out first semester of her senior year....I'm pretty sure this is right, b/c I think I remember just this past year thinking to myself....geez, this is when Stevie called it quits for music....after all that work!!

**kristin**

kristin
07-18-2002, 08:28 PM
It was either first semester senior year, or second semester junior year....now I can't remember.

**kristin**

tyshiria
07-19-2002, 08:22 AM
i can't believe she dropped out when she was almost done. i wonder if she ever regrets that, or just wants to have it. oh of course now she doesn't NEED it, but the achievement is a great one. to me, dropping out when your about to walk is a waste of time!

mimi:(

kristin
07-19-2002, 08:35 AM
Haha...but lets all be honest here....if Lindsey Buckingham circa 1970ish (or any era LIndsey for that matter) had come knocking on your door to make beautiful music with him, would ANY of you have said no?? HECK NO!!! lol.

Kristin

tyshiria
07-19-2002, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by kristin
Haha...but lets all be honest here....if Lindsey Buckingham circa 1970ish (or any era LIndsey for that matter) had come knocking on your door to make beautiful music with him, would ANY of you have said no?? HECK NO!!! lol.

Kristin

girl i could have graduated college, made music, and slept with him every single night! now that's life!!!!! :nod:

highpriestess53
07-20-2002, 04:55 PM
after seeing the recent pic of christine......
on the rumours board and reading that she got her degree, i think that's awesome.....

MMmm....not to put a damper on Chrisitine's achievements .....but this was an honorary Doctorate GIVEN to her by the University for her achievements in music...this is not something that she had to knuckle down and study for she gained it by merit......but all the same a GREAT achievement.

:nod: :nod: :nod:

BellaDonnaGypsy
07-20-2002, 06:59 PM
Christine has some kind of art qualification in sculpture anyways, right?

Laura.

highpriestess53
07-20-2002, 07:02 PM
I believe she studied art to degree level...

:nod: :nod: :nod:

FiercestCalmSea
07-20-2002, 08:52 PM
but this was an honorary Doctorate GIVEN to her by the University

True that....i have always thought it was sort of amusing that they do that...i think there are some artists who really deserve something like that(such as Christine)..but it seems some total wahoos(of course i can't think of any off hand right now) get awarded them too..and it is just kind of like o....k...

Jessica Leigh
07-23-2002, 01:27 AM
just to clear up some confusion... yes, christine already has a degree for some art thing or something... she has a masters in fact. and stevie had about one semester left until graduation.

tyshiria
07-23-2002, 07:42 AM
thanks jess

ricohv
07-23-2002, 12:42 PM
from the Nicksfix/ Ask Stevie section (for the person that was wondering how far Stevie went in school):

Question 60 - from Heather Koch:
Stevie,
I'm a high school English teacher. Is it true that you initially were planning for a career as an English teacher, and if so, what would have been important for you to get across to your students?

I went into education so that I could hopefully reach others, inspire, and make a difference. You (allegedly) put your teaching plans aside for bigger dreams...and in having done so, you reach and inspire others such as myself every day...thank you!

Stevie's answer:

It's true, I did go to school to become a teacher. I only had one semester left before graduating. I was a Speech Communication major with a Psychology minor.

Don't you guys think it's wild how critics have always bashed Stevie for 1) being too poetic...lyrically vague sometimes, and for 2) being kind of a kook that they couldn't figure out...and here she was studying Speech Communication and Psychology?