PDA

View Full Version : Lindsey Buckingham at 98.7 WLLZ, Ultimate Sports Bar, Pontiac Michigan 7/6/92 Posted

nodmod
07-03-2002, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by bjk3047
I'd have it up on AudioGalaxy in a jiff but as we all know...:( Anyone have about 30 meg of space they're willing to temporarily donate for the show? Anyone? COUGHneilCOUGH :D Just an idea... hehehe
-Brian

As requested the first three tracks have been posted on http://www.fleetwoodmac-uk.com

To follow in weekly intervals will be the remaining tracks, here is a complete list of the tracks that will be posted

Lindsey Buckingham at 98.7 WLLZ, Ultimate Sports Bar, Pontiac Michigan 7/6/92.
The full track list is as follows
1) This Nearly Was Mine, 2) Street Of Dreams, 3) Power of Threes, 4) Holiday Road, 5) Heartbreak Hotel, 6) Louie Louie, 7) The Weatherman, 8) Second Hand News, 9) Who's Dog Was That, 10) Instrumental, 11) Pretty Damn Good, 12) Go Your Own Way

Thanks again to Brian for giving us all these tracks
:nod:

Les
07-03-2002, 02:57 PM
Thank you!

wondergirl9847
07-03-2002, 04:45 PM
Neil and Brian RULE!! THANKS MUCH!!

seteca
07-03-2002, 06:08 PM
Thanks a million, (as always!), for this Neil and Brian!

I look forward to hearing the tracks!:)

:wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

sodascouts
07-03-2002, 09:08 PM
Thanks SO much for posting these, Neil and Brian!

Now, is it just me, or does Lindsey sound a little funny when he's introducing "This Nearly Was Mine" - very, very, very slightly slurred speech? Perhaps he made good use of his locale. :-)

Les
07-03-2002, 09:29 PM
Thanks to Brian too. Forgot to say that the first time. :)

Nancy, along the same lines, I thought his voice sounded a little deeper than usual. I was thinking that maybe the recording was just a tiny pinch slower than real life. That might explain both things. Just a thought.

wondergirl9847
07-03-2002, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by sodascouts
Perhaps he made good use of his locale. :-)

ROTFLMAO!! :laugh::laugh: That is HILARIOUS! Velcome to the borts spar, thish ish from my new labum, Oot of the Craple, Thish Nerdly Was Fine. LOL :D LINDSEY RULES!!

Skylark
07-08-2002, 02:10 PM
;) Hickkkkk! Love that Gatorade! LOL!!!

:blob2: LINDSEY RULES!:blob2:

I agree 133% about Our Guitar Man!:cool:
Luv Ya' Christy & All Lindsey Fans!, Sky:)

Barbara
07-08-2002, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Les
Thanks to Brian too. Forgot to say that the first time. :)

Nancy, along the same lines, I thought his voice sounded a little deeper than usual. I was thinking that maybe the recording was just a tiny pinch slower than real life. That might explain both things. Just a thought.

The recording sounds slow.
Barbara

wondergirl9847
07-13-2002, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Skylark
;) Hickkkkk! Love that Gatoraide! LOL!!!

:blob2: LINDSEY RULES!:blob2:

I agree 133% about Our Guitar Man!:cool:
Luv Ya' Christy & All Lindsey Fans!, Sky:)

WAHAAHHAA!! I love Lemon-lime Gatorade, I drink it constantly!! I am seriously loving listening to Lindsey speak with this silly interviewer. BTW, here's one of his questions...

Interviewer: "So, you loved your dad alot?

Lindsey: "Uh, yeah sure."

Nope, hated his guts...what the heck do you say to that!!! LOL Big dummy.

seteca
07-13-2002, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by wondergirl9847
Interviewer: "So, you loved your dad alot?

Lindsey: "Uh, yeah sure."

Nope, hated his guts...what the heck do you say to that!!! LOL Big dummy.

LOL!:laugh: Exactly..!!

Have you noticed though how the interviewer sounds like he's (for some reason) in constant fear or something talking to Lindsey...? It's like he's taking caution with everything he says to LB...probably resulted in him asking stupid questions like that!!

:wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

nodmod
07-14-2002, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by nodmod

To follow in weekly intervals will be the remaining tracks, here is a complete list of the tracks that will be posted

Lindsey Buckingham at 98.7 WLLZ, Ultimate Sports Bar, Pontiac Michigan 7/6/92.
The full track list is as follows
1) This Nearly Was Mine, 2) Street Of Dreams, 3) Power of Threes, 4) Holiday Road, 5) Heartbreak Hotel, 6) Louie Louie, 7) The Weatherman, 8) Second Hand News, 9) Who's Dog Was That, 10) Instrumental, 11) Pretty Damn Good, 12) Go Your Own Way

Next four tracks posted, will be availble till Saturday 20th July

Les
07-15-2002, 10:35 AM
In one of these new clips, it's ever so slightly uncomfortable to hear the DJ ask Lindsey about his family. Not that it was an inappropriate question. It's just that you can tell Lindsey hasn't quite figured out how to talk about Greg's passing yet. He says he's got two brothers but really pauses a lot and seems to be trying to figure out what to say when the DJ asks what they do. There's a sense of relief when the DJ takes off with something he said about Jeff so that they can leave that topic behind.

Thanks again Neil.

AliP
07-15-2002, 06:42 PM
So have the first three tracks been posted and taken off already? I think they were This Nearly Was Mine, Holiday Road, and Street of Dreams. I totally forgot about downloading them when the ledge was closed. Would anyone be willing to send them to me or will they be posted again? Thanks

wondergirl9847
07-15-2002, 08:25 PM
I noticed that also, him stammering to find words to speak about his family, it's such a touchy subject still with Lindsey I think. I still cannot get over the fact that Lindsey was at a sports bar for a radio interview!! I would have been sitting at his feet just listening to every word and note on that guitar!! LOL

ERigby818
07-16-2002, 10:25 AM
Thanks so much to Brian and Neil for these. I can't stop listening to them.
Yes, it is sad to hear Linds talk about his family a little awkwardly...poor guy.
But I don't think the DJ is intimidated or a "big dummy" at all! If anything I thought it was sweet when he said "so you loved your dad a lot?" I think that was in response to hearing Street Of Dreams. And when the DJ got all choked up after the song I thought that was very sweet. I thoroughly am enjoying this interview and I can't wait to hear the rest! :thumbsup:
-Sonia

nodmod
07-20-2002, 02:36 PM
Just to let you know, the last five tracks from the Lindsey interview have been posted as well as The Dance and Trouble In Shangri-La Press Kits at http://www.fleetwoodmac-uk.com

Hope you enjoy

:wavey:

wondergirl9847
07-20-2002, 02:48 PM
HUGE THANKS to you and Brian for this, I am enjoying hearing Lindsey in an interview, which is something we Lindsey fans RARELY get!! :( I love the fact that the interviewer keeps saying, "Just one more..." like 50 times! :laugh: I would have been the same way, please, just one more Lindsey..... oh, you know what I would LOVE to hear.....wait, OMG, I just thought of another song I HAVE to hear!!!! LOL :nod:

Skylark
07-22-2002, 10:33 PM
:wavey: Thanks! I got to copy the last part but missed the first!
Where is the part about his family please? That's what I get
for going away! Can you help me? This is fun! :D
Thanks so much! :) Bye,Sky:)

bjk3047
07-23-2002, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Barbara

The recording sounds slow.
Barbara

Sorry, I've been away for a while. I never kep the mp3's that I made for Neil, but I just downloaded Second Hand News to check.....sounds pretty normal to me....not slow at all...:confused: Is there something wrong with the first few and not the next few???
-Brian

nodmod
07-27-2002, 09:58 AM
This download is now all finished. Hope you all enjoyed the MP3s, thanks again to bjk3047 for providing the source :nod:

Replaced with a new 17 track set from the Rumour Mill live complilation. ;) 2 tracks posted this week

BLY
07-27-2002, 10:13 AM
Thanks so much Neil! All of these great rarities makes the wait for the new music that much more exciting.

Barbara
07-28-2002, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by bjk3047

Sorry, I've been away for a while. I never kep the mp3's that I made for Neil, but I just downloaded Second Hand News to check.....sounds pretty normal to me....not slow at all...:confused: Is there something wrong with the first few and not the next few???
-Brian

Hey Brian - I was specifically referring to This Nearly Was Mine and the comment Les made that it sounded like it might have been recorded a little slow. To me, the guitar sounds too twangy and the vocal sounds a little flat. I don't think all of the interview clips sound this way, however Holiday Road might be a little draggy too. But I'll take 'em however they come! :nod:
Barbara

bjk3047
07-28-2002, 09:04 PM
They may sound flat or what have you, but all the files come from one uniform show. The only variations in speed that could've been were due to the way Lindsey performed the songs. It wasn't a product of the recording in any way.
-Brian