PDA

View Full Version : Law and Order press kit...........

nodmod
06-27-2002, 03:46 PM
Transcibed on my site, under the articles section, enjoy :nod:

Link - http://www.fleetwoodmac-uk.com

:wavey:

Les
06-27-2002, 04:28 PM
Thanks Neil.

For some reason, I'm awfully fond of I'll Tell You Now and his vague explanation of the sort of ambiguous emtional stance of it makes me like it more. It's not the kind of thing one would normally write about in this way.

nodmod
06-27-2002, 04:33 PM
I am just about to put Law and Order on the CD for another listen, havn't done this in ages :)

Barbara
06-27-2002, 08:22 PM
What a GREAT website! I loved reading the Law & Order press release and I'm going to revisit when I have time to explore!

To me Law and Order has that great "cooped up kid finally gets to go out and play" feeling. I thought the variety of songs made a great first solo album. :thumbsup:

Barbara

BellaDonnaGypsy
06-28-2002, 06:15 PM
I am addicted to Law And Order... to the point that I scare myself sometimes. ;) I was listening to it for more than two hours today on the way to and from school. And... well, you all know about those wonderful noises Lindsey makes near the end of Johnny Stew... I was sat on the bus desperately trying to control my laughter, because it cracks me up everytime! :laugh: This poor woman in the seat opposite me was looking at me with such fear... :D

Laura.

bjk3047
06-28-2002, 11:41 PM
"JOHNNY STEW" (Buckingham) - "The Boris Karloff stuff on the vocals in the break section has a bit of humor to it - I just started clowning around in the break section while I was doing the lead vocal, probably just to relieve the tension that sometimes builds in the studio. This time it added a different dimension to the tune. When good accidents such as this happen, you leave them in."

I just love that piece. How absolutely random (and appropriate for that matter)! Johnny Stewwww....ssstewwww.......mmmmmmm.....ARRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHH.....
Hehehe
-Brian

wondergirl9847
06-28-2002, 11:49 PM
I LOVE Johnny Stew and the whole "caveman" grunt thing going on! LOL I love the guitar solo after he does that! Great song. :thumbsup:

Les
07-02-2002, 11:27 AM
About Satisfied Mind he says -- "One of my father's all-time favorite songs, and it's for him."

It's interesting to notice of how much his father creeps into his work...

I've always imagined that So Afraid might touch on his feelings after his father's passing.

Tusk is dedicated, in part, to his dad.

Satisfied Mind, September Song, It Was I, all seem to stem from his childhood rememberances of his father's music, plus the sound of the whole album was shaped by his dad's collection.

DW Suite is overtly about the Wilsons, but I think there are undertones about his father's passing in this one too.

Family Man would seem to touch on what he feels family is about, inspired, no doubt, in part by his father.

This Nearly Was Mine was recorded for his father. Street of Dreams is about dad. Turn It On is evidently about his brother and maybe specifically for his brother's son trying to cope with losing his dad, it seems equally applicable again to Lindsey and his dad. The whole Cradle album is sort of shaded with aspects of his father and family.

I find myself wondering if parts of Say Goodbye are about dad again.

Except for Rumours and maybe Mirage, it seems like there is a song or two on every album he's done that touch on his father. Though I even waiver a bit on Mirage. He said he wrote the "shadow on daddy's stone" section of Street of Dreams in the early 80s, about some of the desperate "conversations" he had with his dad back then about the direction of his life. I sort of see echos of that in Can't Go Back and Book of Love where he's looking for escape and guidance.

Anyway...just an observation. Though it appears like it's still somewhat painful to discuss his dad's passing in interviews, he surely appears to have tried to do a lot of coping through his work.

nodmod
07-02-2002, 04:27 PM
The final section of the press kit which was a very long interview with Musician Magazine from Jan. 1980 has now been added.

Thank God for OCR software :laugh:

Stevie's Wild Heart and The Dance press kits to follow :nod:

sodascouts
07-02-2002, 06:09 PM
That longer interview with Lindsey, before the Live album was released, was really interesting. I learned some new things, like:

1) Lindsey was actually glad they did the Live album

2) Stevie said recording Tusk was like being held hostage in Iran with Lindsey as the Ayatollah! I can't believe she said that! That's hilarious. I always love Lindsey's reaction - "She only came in once a WEEK! Hostage?!" lol

3) Lindsey actually sounds, here, to ENJOY and APPRECIATE being in a band as opposed to being solo...an attitude he rarely exhibits, but seems to have here, and that pleased me. It makes him seem less elitist to know that he valued input from the other members and didn't just tolerate them until he could get home, hole up, and beat on his garbage cans or something!

4) Lindsey's comment about how Stevie would want everyone to notice her walking down the street and dress to draw attention to herself, but HE wouldn't want to be known for his chiffon gown. Now, now, Lindsey! Harsh! Payback for the Ayatollah? lol

Skylark
07-02-2002, 07:18 PM
:wavey: Hi Les and Nancy!Good Lindsey Responses!!! :)
Lindsey has always made very interesting observations
about his music! He says he wants the true meaning
of his lyrics to be personal but yet accessible to the
listener...to fit their own life situation!:D

Lindsey obviously misses his Dad terribly!!! It is Sad!!!
He really chocked up on his BTM! Lindsey's happy picture
with the brothers is fun to see!!! He honored his brother
in a wonderful way by Naming his SON...William Gregory!
Lindsey loves his family life and holds it close to his heart!

About Stevie and chiffon...he said if you wear chiffon
to the grocers...sure everyone knows ...its YOU!
He could go there and buy steaks and no one cared!
He had no fan club...he was just an ordinary guy!:eek:

That must have been before Jessica and US FANS!;) Sky:)