PDA

View Full Version : "Have No Heart" demo...?

Ghosty
06-27-2002, 08:43 AM
Does anyone know what the deal is about this song? Or what it's about? I know sometimes she writes about fairytales or myths, but I have no idea what this song is about. And it's kind of weird...

Anyone have any thoughts?

FiercestCalmSea
06-27-2002, 05:04 PM
Well i have no idea..but that is why it is one of my favorite songs...cause it is not obvious who it is about...so it really gives you alot more room to use your imagination....

Johnny Stew
06-27-2002, 06:34 PM
Read this, and all will be revealed...
;)

Oscar Wilde's 'Birthday Of The Infanta' (http://eserver.org/fiction/birthday_of_the_infanta.html).

Johnny Stew

jwd
06-27-2002, 07:05 PM
I'll come back later when I have more time.... ;) :laugh: Thanks for posting it Brian...I'm sure it will be worth the reading.

Joe

FiercestCalmSea
06-27-2002, 09:29 PM
Wow...that is very cool.What a good read..i've never read too much Wilde before..his way of writing just sort of captures you...anyway...it's cool to actually know what the song is based on...

Ghosty
06-28-2002, 08:53 AM
Thanks for posting that! It all makes sense now.

rhiannon1119
06-28-2002, 12:16 PM
What a great story.. thanks for posting it Johnny Stew. Wow.. it all makes sense to me now. Oscar Wilde totally captured my attention all the way through to the end.

:) Michelle

BellaDonnaGypsy
06-28-2002, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Stew
Read this, and all will be revealed...
Thank you so much for posting that... the meaning behind that song has been irritating me some for time, and now I get it. :nod: Although the song makes me sad now... :distress:

Laura.

Ghosty
06-29-2002, 09:50 AM
Ya, it's kind of a creepy little song, isn't it? But now I see why. Because it's about a creepy little story. Not one of my favorite demos of hers. But very interesting to hear. Do you think she kind of put some of her own life, or wisdom into her song with it? It seems it...