PDA

View Full Version : On my trip to Cleveland this past Saturday....

Rumours
06-13-2002, 07:22 PM
I was so excited, I just had to come here and share with you all (only I couldn't get onto The Ledge until today)....

I went, for the third time, to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame........I got to see, amongst other things, Stevie's dress from the Rumours cover and one of her dresses from the Rock A Little Tour..........it's about time they had some of her outfits there--there weren't any on my last trip to the Rock Hall.
We went to the Hard Rock Cafe too--I got the "O" in R-O-C-K pin.......it is DEFINITELY her....no doubt about it!!!! She's hanging from my visor in my car now!!!! And they still had the Mac stuff hanging on the walls, so I actually brought my camera and took pictures of some of the things this time. Stevie's autographed guitar that she wrote the songs from The Wild Heart on......an autographed velvet cape she wore back in the 70's.....some photos, buttons, backstage passes, magazines, tourbooks, tour itineraries, a gold record award for Rumours selling over 1,000,000 copies......really cool stuff!!! I wish I had a scanner or some way to get them on the computer, I'd post the pics.....maybe one of these days! It was such a nice trip. I wish I could have taken some Ledgie friends along with me!! :laugh:
:woohoo: :blob2: :blob1: :thumbsup:

Stephanie

estranged4life
06-13-2002, 10:42 PM
ya had fun on your trip. I went on one yesterday to downtown OKC to see the new arena, All I can say is the Mac don't have any excuse to avoid OKC anymore...The Eagles and Britney Spears have "Sold Out" their respective shows, And Cher & the Rolling Stones are almost "Sold Out" also...But I'm waiting for the Mac, lol...Brian

laurarox
06-14-2002, 07:01 AM
Cool, I wish I would have known - I would have met you down there.
I haven't been there since they put the dresses on display! Were they very tiny?

Rumours
06-15-2002, 08:31 PM
Brian,
Sounds like things are looking promising for you seeing the Mac in OKC!!!!! Yes, definitely, wait for them to come......good lord, stay clear of Brittany!!!! LOL :laugh:

Laurarox,
Oh my goodness, it totally slipped my mind that you live right up there!! That sucks, cuz you bet we could have met up and checked everything out together!!!! I was there with my friend, her sister and their mom (mom's never been to the Rock Hall before, so she got to take a little birthday trip there with us!!). That would have been really cool to have had you join us.
You are exactly right--those dresses were really tiny!! In fact, when I was hovering around and staring at (:eek: ) and ogleing and drooling over her outfit from the Rock a Little tour, I thought to myself "man, look how small that dress is" and some woman next to where I was standing told the person she was with "look, that's Stevie Nicks' dress.....it's really tiny....she was small back then". LOL This is actually something I noticed about a lot of the artists outfits......many of them looked awefully tiny.....don't these rock stars eat!!!!!??
And of course there was a little kid there telling her mother "this says STEVE....that's a dress.....why was STEVE wearing a dress.....that's a boy, not a girl....girls wear dresses!!!" To which the mother replied "no, that's STEVIE Nicks, she is a girl...." :rolleyes: LOL (Sigh) There's a child that needs a lesson in Mac 101!!!!!!

Stephanie