PDA

View Full Version : Album date rumour

nodmod
06-01-2002, 06:13 PM
Found on another board :-

Another rumour or confirmed date, take it anyway you wish. Check out - http://www.pauseandplay.com/cdfront.htm
Where TBA by Fleetwood Mac is slated for a Spring 2003 release. Gift Of Screws is also listed as being released in Spring 2003. Both albums still on the Reprise label.

Any thoughts

:distress: :mad:

Hawkeye
06-01-2002, 06:32 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad::distress: :distress: :distress: :distress:

Barbara
06-01-2002, 07:34 PM
Any thoughts

None I can put in writing. :distress:

Barbara

greatdarkwing
06-01-2002, 08:11 PM
BOTH "Gift of Screws" and the new album, something is wrong there, because Lindsey can't tour for both!!!!!!!!!!!

~Alex:distress:

Emmeline
06-02-2002, 02:57 AM
TBA????!! What does that mean?

~Emma~

Gypsy-Rhiannon
06-02-2002, 03:25 AM
Possibly a double album eh??? Actually I don't mind waiting a bit longer on the financial front. Gives me longer to save up for the tour. But that does sound a long way off considering Stevie gave the impression before that it was almost finished!

Pip

chiliD
06-02-2002, 03:38 AM
Let's not forget that Lindsey said at the BEGINNING of "The Dance" tour, that HIS album (the since named "Gift Of Screws") was 95% finished. In that light, Stevie's comment that the album's almost finished carries no weight in my mind whatsoever. Plus, I think "Spring 2003" is OVERLY optomistic.

Jeez, with the news item that Lindsey's working on (co-producing?) the new Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers album, Stevie playing seemingly every benefit show, either under her own name or "hangin' with Sheryl" :rolleyes: , Mick doing guest shots on "American Bandstand" anniversary shows, it doesn't seem like Fleetwood Mac is really working hard on being Fleetwood Mac these days, now does it? :nod:

Emmeline,
"TBA"= to be announced

Les
06-02-2002, 10:25 AM
I'm not really sure that I think the band is in charge of this stuff as much as we like to think they are. Stevie told the Sept. 2000 AHI audience that her album was done, but it wasn't released until what? April/May(?) 2001. The marketing dept. at the label has theories about when to release certain kinds of albums and that can be the source for delays quite often.

Any idea how old or new this Pause & Play listing is? Their mixture of info about FM and Lindsey seems a little odd. At the beginning last Fall when Mick began giving some interviews, he mentioned a double album being possible, but nothing much was said in subsequent interviews. I just wonder how recent this info is.

Karen
06-02-2002, 12:06 PM
Someone posted a link to Pause & Play back when the ledge was reopened in the vBulletin format. It also listed a release date for Lindsey's new album, but I can't remember the date. I do remember that the date was eventually postponed, as usual. In other words - Don't hold your breath.

-Karen

Emmeline
06-02-2002, 12:29 PM
Thanks ChiliD :) Of course....*feeling stupid*

~Emma~

Barbara
06-02-2002, 02:16 PM
Having absolutely no idea what else to do, I emailed Mick from the "coming soon" website at www.fleetwoodmac.com. Told him about the pauseandplay notice and that there were 1,014 fans here waiting on a release date for the new album.

Maybe if he got an email from everybody?? :laugh:

Barbara

Jo and Jensen
06-02-2002, 08:20 PM
With LB working with Tom Petty and Stevie doing benefit stints, etc. and her words that the album was almost done, it seems that by now it probably is done and Reprise is holding the ball...stalling and stalling until they ruin the thing. :-(

Jo and jensen

estranged4life
06-03-2002, 05:32 PM
Fleetwood Mac and Lindsey both release albums at the same time? That sounds very strange to me...Brian

Cristian
06-04-2002, 10:10 AM
I also agree that the members of the band in general have shown no appreciation for the fans at all. Most all of the artists in the actuality let their fans at least know what they're doing, and the only one attempting to do so in the past time is Stevie, saying we're doing this, they're recording that, I'm adding my vocals, the album will be ready... etc. And now she is quiet and does not say a thing. Lindsey could come up and officialy say "well we won't be releasing the album yet because it needs more production" or "because of label problems" or just say something and stop the speculations about something we've been waiting for all this time.

I don't see however a Fleetwood Mac and a Lindsey solo album coming at the same time. I just happen to have a very sad premonition about the lateness in this whole thing. It might be because I'm a little mad at this (as someone said, a Stevie solo album could have been finished between TISL and now), but... I'm just hoping that someone says something about this. First it was Christine's abscence, now we know she's not retired of the music business, only she won't be involved with Fleetwood Mac anymore. Then it's the unique system of recording songs they chose (Stevie lend the guys demos and they worked on her songs separately... remember that this was during the TISL tour, and during the Grammy Awards nomination ceremony she announced that some of her songs were ready
:confused: :confused: ). And now nobody says a thing.

See, I'm confused and have, again, very sad premonitions about the thing. Let's hope I'm wrong. :(

Lisa44
06-04-2002, 02:57 PM
Maybe this is where my dj got his information. Anyways, do you guys think that maybe Reprise wants a summer tour in order to make the most possible money? I wonder if FM is already finished and the company is making them and the fans wait.

jwd
06-04-2002, 03:25 PM
I was thinking that maybe they want Fleetwood Mac to release their album the same time that the Eagles release theirs'...early next year....and then tour together. I don't know...just a thought.

Joe

witchywoman
06-04-2002, 07:18 PM
My guess is that in the absense of any real information,
on the new album, someone has just made an assumption
and printed something incorrectly. However...this is not
to say that Reprise hasn't drug their feet over releasing
a new album before. After all, if it doesn't make $$$$ we
all know where they can end up! It isn't always the artists
that have control over the release of an album, it's the
people who control the purse strings! If they don't
see an opportunity to make a profit, they'll wait until they
see a window of opportunity to do so.
It's a bummer...but it's a business!
I can't say I'm suprised we haven't heard anything from
anyone on it though. Can you imagine how annoyed you
would be? To put all you heart and soul into a project, only
to have it shelved till the, "powers that be", deemed it fit
for release??!! I, for one, would be ticked as hell, and probably
wouldn't talk about it either!
Granted this is just spectulation on my part, but we've all seen how these music companies operate.

witchywoman (with my 2 cents) :)

sulamith
06-04-2002, 07:21 PM
Well I certainly hope not!!!

Remeber what Lindsey said about the Eagles Reunion vs The Mac Reunion?
He said that the Eagles coming together wasn't as truthful and healing, not as pure, and blah, blah, blah....
Also, in the AHI photos from the last two years, Linds looks like he's smelling something bad whenever Don's around....

I just don't think the two groups mesh well together anymore, and I don't want anything messing with the vibe, ya know?

There needs to be LOTS of positive flow in the air for the Tour!!
No negativity should be around Linds and Stevie or the music will sound like dog mess!

Where the heck is the flow now? WHAT the heck is the flow now??

I'm getting discouraged, too, guys....

Wait, Wait, Wait!!!
Hurry up and WAIT some more!

I agree about Stevie being the only one to say anything lately.
What about Mick? Why is he so quiet? He is usually all over saying all kinds of things.

AND, BTW - WHY isn't FM doing this party at the Palace thing for the Queen?
They are a British based band, and Lindsey is a Buckingham, after all, and Stevie was the first unofficial Mrs. Buckingham...

I think they should be doing stuff like this to get themselves back into the spotlight, PLUS it would give our much-neglected Brit Ledgies a good dose of Mac.

I should manage this band.

jmn3
06-04-2002, 08:38 PM
I like the Eagles, but YUCK on them touring together with Fleetwood Mac. The Eagles in live form to me sound way too much like The Eagles in the studio. Wouldn't want that with the Mac! Like someone else said, the two groups just don't mesh.

Cristian
06-04-2002, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by sulamith
There needs to be LOTS of positive flow in the air for the Tour!!
No negativity should be around Linds and Stevie or the music will sound like dog mess!You know, it's kind of hard to stay positive when you get this quantity of information about a record you are not even sure of its existence... But I still say I'm waiting, and I won't be the one who breaks the chain here... ;)

I should manage this band. :laugh: That would be something I would not want to miss, surely. :) :laugh: What a good manager you could make!

Well, let's hope things just work out the way they should and we can see a new Fleetwood Mac CD in our stores ASAP.

anna
06-05-2002, 03:27 AM
Sulamith, that is exactly what I was thinking while watching the Queen's concert. I mean: everyone was there! Rod Stewart, Eric Clapton, Queen, Cliff Richard, Elton John, Paul McCartney, even Brian Wilson and he's not even British! And Fleetwood Mac is half British! I hoped they asked Christine for keyboards, like they asked Phil Collins for drums. But I know that's just me. :shrug: :laugh: But why not Fleetwood Mac? Are they still a supergroup or what?

Please Sulamith, manage this band!

Anna

jwd
06-05-2002, 05:58 PM
Just thought I 'd ask a question to you all about this possible scenario...especially the naysayers.

Let's say that the Eagles and Fleetwood Mac release their lps early next year and then tour separately but do a few big outdoor/stadium concerts together. Actually, I think they did do this back in the 70s. I think it would be a good way to put more of a spotlight on their new records and tours.

I really don't think there is any more bitterness/jealousy between Stevie, Don, and Lindsey...way beyond that. I think it'd be interesting for the bands to "play with each other" on the same stage.....at least for a few shows. ;) :laugh:

I wanna go back to the 70s. :cool: :distress: :)

Joe

Gypsy-Rhiannon
06-06-2002, 03:00 AM
The Eagles in live form to me sound way too much like The Eagles in the studio.

I have to disagree with that....I saw The Eagles last year and they were awesome!!

If they played a concert together though it would have to be an extra long one. 2 hours of the Eagles...2 hours of FM...then together for a finale....I could cope with that!!!!

Pip

bjk3047
06-06-2002, 03:09 PM
What's most likely been holdin' up the album? The label. What does the label want? Money. What's the problem with a Eagles/FM concert? One ticket price split two ways. In other words less money. Gonna happen? Never.
-Brian

BellaDonnaGypsy
06-06-2002, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by sulamith
I just don't think the two groups mesh well together anymore, and I don't want anything messing with the vibe, ya know?
I agree with that... and besides, can you imagine how much a double bill would crank the ticket prices up? :eek:

I think they should be doing stuff like this to get themselves back into the spotlight, PLUS it would give our much-neglected Brit Ledgies a good dose of Mac.
Yes... so sweet of you to think of us, LOL! But it's true... why have they ignored us for the last ten years? :( And they need to start promoting themselves as a band again. Stevie has had a lot of publicity as a solo artist recently, and they need the whole band to be getting that kind of attention.

I should manage this band.
:laugh: Yes, I think you probably should. You know the kind of publicity we want... ;) Get those press releases out!

Laura.

jwd
06-06-2002, 04:56 PM
Posted by bjk3047:What's most likely been holdin' up the album? The label. What does the label want? Money. What's the problem with a Eagles/FM concert? One ticket price split two ways. In other words less money. Gonna happen? Never.

The record company wants the album to sell well, that's where they'll get THEIR money. Good publicity and selling the product will help them achieve this.

To the best of my knowledge the artist(s) reap most of the benefits of ticket sales for concerts...less all the expenses of course. If they can play before twice as many people in one night for a higher ticket price......what do they have to lose?!

Joe

bjk3047
06-07-2002, 03:13 PM
DO you actually believe that a double bill is gonna generate double the crowd?? And besides, what kind of motivation does FM have for splitting a bill when they filled 97% of the seats and grossed $36 MILLION in 1997?? They only played 47 dates! If they're gonna tour for an entire year, they could gross like $200 Million! Why in the hell would they want the Eagles involved in that? And you want to talk about higher ticket prices? You're already talking $150 for a decent seat, and you want to make it HIGHER?? Come on, be realistic.
-Brian

jmn3
06-07-2002, 03:50 PM
Brian, I agree completely with you. For one, it just doesn't seem to make sense for the two bands to go out together. I like them both, but not at the same concert, they are too different. This is in addition to the money thing. I can't see either band being so desparate for attendance that they would try to improve it by going on the road with each other.

By the way Brian, what ever happened with those montage's for free boots?

jwd
06-07-2002, 07:02 PM
DO you actually believe that a double bill is gonna generate double the crowd??

In a stadium or larger venue..yes!

And besides, what kind of motivation does FM have for splitting a bill when they filled 97% of the seats and grossed $36 MILLION in 1997?? They only played 47 dates! If they're gonna tour for an entire year, they could gross like $200 Million! Why in the hell would they want the Eagles involved in that?

See above...

And you want to talk about higher ticket prices? You're already talking $150 for a decent seat, and you want to make it HIGHER?? Come on, be realistic.

$150 for a ticket...you need to shop around. Quite frankly I don't need to sit front and center.

Joe

ShangriLaTroubl
06-07-2002, 10:35 PM
I heard that Fleetwood Mac is no longer with Reprise, and that is what is causing the delay....I heard they are discussing a new deal with DreamWorks Records, anyone else hear this?

bjk3047
06-13-2002, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by jmn3
Brian, I agree completely with you. For one, it just doesn't seem to make sense for the two bands to go out together. I like them both, but not at the same concert, they are too different. This is in addition to the money thing. I can't see either band being so desparate for attendance that they would try to improve it by going on the road with each other.

By the way Brian, what ever happened with those montage's for free boots?

Thank you! 'Bout time someone get realistic. Why even bother with all the logistics of a double bill if you're filling arenas as-is. The games page is still up and no one has won either contest (damn close though):
http://www.geocities.com/bjk3047/Games.html
Only six people have given either one a try...soo come on people! :)
-Brian

Livia
06-20-2002, 10:21 AM
And I honestly don't think that Mick appearing on a TV show, or Stevie doing a benefit concert here and there is what's slowing down the release. I'd rather they take all the time they need, and give us a kick-ass album, rather than rush everything just to please the impatient fans.

As far as timing, there are basically 2 times a year that record companies saturate the market - spring and Christmas. Peak touring season is spring thru fall, which makes sense, considering the logistics of touring, avoiding winter weather, etc.

Just my 2 cents. :D

Livia

Mike B
06-20-2002, 07:10 PM
I agree with Livia...I can hold off until Spring 2003 (not that any of us have any choice!) I'm not <i>too</i> disappointed about the delay because I never thought we'd see it this year anyway. Besides, it gives me longer to save up money for the next tour, because I'm going to go to absolutely every show that is humanly possible. Even <i>if</i> the setlist and between song chatter is the same, night after night. :)

So Spring 2003, maybe an April or May release, like TISL, would be great. Especially with a super long tour that starts early, winds it's way across the US, heads over the the UK, then maybe Australia, Japan, all of the old Rumours/Tusk tour stomping grounds. <i>Then</i>, back to the US for another leg. I'd love a six month tour and really, what else do those people have to do? ;)

I do think this will be the last hurrah for our favorite band. I can't see them waiting <i>another</i> five + years after this next project and doing something else. And I certainly don't see the band reconvening in <i>less</i> time than that. So I'm gearing up for this next project - tour, CD and all - to be <b>IT</b>. The End of a fascinating story and an incredible band.

Mike B.

Ghosty
06-23-2002, 09:32 AM
I actually haven't even been thinking about the new cd. I sort of forgot about it. After I heard it was delayed when Mick's babies were born I was like - here we go again! lol! I mean, he knew 9 months earlier that was going to be happening and still we heard the cd would be out this summer, so it didn't make much sense to me...

So, I wonder if it *is* actually done (and I can see no reason why it wouldn't be unless they did decide to do a double album - which I would be more than happy to wait for!). Seems like their stuff and Stevie's is always released in the spring now. But why not release it before Christmas instead and then they could start some touring in January in the warmer states, then work their way to the colder states for outdoor shows in the spring and summer, and then head to Europe. But what do I know. All I know it I can't wait to hear it.

With all this delay, I really hope it is a double album. But...I won't get my hopes up. It just makes you wonder, if it is done and they label is just waiting, what is Stevie up to. I hope working on another album, or a book, or something... Of course, if I were her, I'd be just chilling out and enjoying my family and friends and enjoying life. I just adore her music so much though - I get greedy! BUT - in all this waiting - I never get sick of listening to all their past stuff. So, it's not like they ever leave us high and dry. They love us as much as we love them, I think!

One thing, I do wish they had more videos out there. I wish there was one for Enchanted, and Wild Heart, and Behind the Mask, etc. That could help tide us crazy fans over till the next album if they put more stuff out there for us.

jwd
06-24-2002, 06:55 PM
In an interview release(June 24) that Reuters conducted with Mick, it stated that the album will be out early next year with a tour to begin in April. Expect a Greatest Hits package to be released around Xmas this year.

It was also noted that they already have recorded enough material to fill a double album.

Joe

estranged4life
06-24-2002, 07:10 PM
"Greatest Hits" package? That's kinda disappointing since there is already one released and the boxed set had close to most of those songs on the "Greatest Hits" album. I hope this new "Greatest Hits" has more variety though...Brian

Johnny Stew
06-24-2002, 07:11 PM
Thanks for the info, Joe!

A new Greatest Hits package, hmmm? Even though I don't see a huge need for it, there *was* room for improvement left by 1988's Greatest Hits disc... so a new release could be cool... IF they include some cool collectable stuff... the radio mixes for "Over My Head" and "Rhiannon" come to mind.

I'm sure this news will deeply disappoint a lot of people though, and I'm sure some fans will grumble considerably about the record company milking Fleetwood Mac's back catalog (which I'm sure is a marketing strategy to give the new album some momentum prior to its release)... but I guess I'm just easier to please than most.
Since we have no choice but to wait until Spring for the new album, I dont mind something that is *somewhat* new in the meantime.
And hey, we always have the option to not buy it, if we choose.

Since they've apparently recorded enough material for a double album (which we've heard from a couple different sources now), I think it would be extremely wise for them to release one 14-15 track album early next year... tour the world... then use the rest of the songs they've recorded (and perhaps 2 or 3 additional tunes), and release a second album either in December of 2003, or in the Spring of 2004.

A Mac fan can dream, can't he?
:)

Johnny Stew

CarneVaca
06-25-2002, 08:31 AM
If it's going to take another year to get this damn record, I'm really beginning to think this band doesn't deserve the fans it has. Let's say the label is causing the delay, then it's time for Stevie, Lindsey and Mick to stand up and take the record elsewhere. How long are they going to be jerked around by the label? Or is that not really the issue? Maybe the band members really are only concerned with making a few bucks off the fans again, and will do whatever the label tells them.

Lindsey has mused publicly about releasing a solo album, not releasing a solo album, putting the band's name on it, whatever. Hey, wake the (&*^%%$ up! And make up your minds. It's just pop music. They're taking the fun out of it with all this nonsense.

Wait till next spring, then pay $20 (or more if it's a double album)? Tell me it's not about the money.

Hell with these ^%*$! people. I'm going to focus on the other bands I like that care about the fans.

David
06-25-2002, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by CarneVaca
If it's going to take another year to get this damn record, I'm really beginning to think this band doesn't deserve the fans it has.The "Tusk" incarnation of this group has never been fan-savvy or fan-friendly. Expecting them to be so is like expecting a cat to bark; it just isn't in their nature. Can be extremely frustrating, as we all know. The Peter Green/Splinter Group fans are a lot luckier these days.

And make up your minds. It's just pop music. They're taking the fun out of it with all this nonsense.
They're the band that cries "wolf." Stevie Nicks is the only one of that particular fivesome who has a relatively good sense of her fan base & what they're waiting for & what they want in general. The others are completely cut off, by choice, from their admirers. Those admirers are all just part of the some vague mass called the "public." The band would probably be surprised to hear that some people actually listen to Fleetwood Mac records during periods of band inactivity. They may even consider that neurotic.

Hell with these ^%*$! people. I'm going to focus on the other bands I like that care about the fans.
Why not post that as feedback on Mr. Fleetwood's official nothing of a site? It certainly won't help, but it won't hurt, either -- & it probably gives you a nice buzz.

CarneVaca
06-25-2002, 09:10 AM
By Jove, David! That's a good idea! I might just do that.