PDA

View Full Version : Hey she got to sing by herself!

FiercestCalmSea
05-23-2002, 10:14 PM
I was not expecting that...after Landslide i went out for ice cream and came back and just sorta expected her to be at the very end and all of a sudden she is belting out an Elvis tune :) That was pretty damn cool...

EnchantedStorms
05-23-2002, 10:22 PM
That was totally cool! SO glad we got to see her sing by herself! I woulda been lmao, though, if she'd sang "Jailhouse Rock". OMG...that would have been just too funny. (Some of ya will know what I'm talking about, lol:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: )

~~Angela~~:wavey:

Robert
05-23-2002, 10:33 PM
Wowee she wore BOTH of the 2 dresses!

EnchantedStorms
05-23-2002, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Robert
Wowee she wore BOTH of the 2 dresses!

LOL!! That's too funny! Although....I'm not gonna complain about the dresses!! Thought she looked great! It kinda even looked like she might have lost some more weight. :nod:

I'm just really glad we got to see her tonight! And hear her! Stevie is just awesome.

WhiteWitch2001
05-23-2002, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by EnchantedStorms
That was totally cool! SO glad we got to see her sing by herself! I woulda been lmao, though, if she'd sang "Jailhouse Rock". OMG...that would have been just too funny. (Some of ya will know what I'm talking about, lol:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: )

Oh I know what you're talking about ;) I helped with it after all, LOL.

Stevie does Elvis... although I am ready to help with Stevie doing someone else ;)

Angela #2

sulamith
05-23-2002, 11:07 PM
Well, if she didn't get a new frock for this, forget it!

I thought she was terrif at the end. That was my favorite Stevie part.

The dress really didn't look bad, and most folks haven't seen it, or noticed as much as us!

EnchantedStorms
05-23-2002, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by WhiteWitch2001

Oh I know what you're talking about ;) I helped with it after all, LOL.

Stevie does Elvis... although I am ready to help with Stevie doing someone else ;)

Angela #2

LOL.....so am I, dear.....so am I!;) :D :laugh: Hopefully, Stevie is too. HAHAHA!!:laugh:

sulamith
05-23-2002, 11:19 PM
Oh she got right back on her privately chartered jet to go right back, "and it all begins again" you know!

That must be a favorite outfit of someone's, huh?

She just won't let it go cause it's her "lucky dress" you think?

Maybe it's got DNA on it a la Lewinsky, I dunno.

EnchantedStorms
05-23-2002, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by sulamith

Maybe it's got DNA on it a la Lewinsky, I dunno.

BURN THE EVIDENCE, STEVIE!! BURN THE EVIDENCE!!

LMAO!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

wondergirl9847
05-24-2002, 12:54 AM
That was way cool, Ring Around My Neck, GREAT CHOICE!! I love Elvis, although it was kinda obvious, being in Las Vegas, but they could have sang Wayne Newton songs. EW NO!! LOL Okay, having just watched the WHOLE show, because I napped through the live one, my thoughts:

Meredith Brooks was wearing what STEVIE should have worn, Meredith played guitar at the beginning of the show for You Shook Me All Night, for those who are going, Wha? Who? Where? When? She wore a green and gold, 1960's-like shawl thingy and black leather pants, I think Stevie would have looked fabu in that! :nod:

Joke of the evening: Cher's "Chastity" belt! LMAO! That blue belt thingy that went around her....you know.

Cindy and Cher duet: Great! :thumbsup:

Whitney and Mary J: Whitney sounded great, but looked like she was wearing a fish net! LOL :laugh: They started having church for a minute there, too. :D

Celine: Best dressed, VERY CLASSY LADY, and the best singer on the show, IMO. :nod: Her and Stevie wore the classiest clothes, even tho Stevie wore BLACK and the same type dresses we always see. :(

Audience spotting: David Hasselhoff (Knight Rider!!!) and his wife, and Kelly Preston, any one else see famous faces in the audience? Those are the only two I remember.

No lipsynching my *BLEEP*: Cher DID lipsynch during the verses for "Believe", but sang the chorus live. :rolleyes:

Bleh alert: Whoever told Anastacia she could sing, need to get shot. :nod: :laugh: HOWEVER, she wins brownie points for having a KICK-AS- NAME!! :thumbsup:

Livia
05-24-2002, 09:25 AM
Jennifer Beals, singing along w/ Landslide (cool!).

Tommy Lee, sitting between 2 brunette chicks.

Seigfried or Roy, not sure which one, the blonde one.

A couple more, but I can't think right now...

Livia

sulamith
05-24-2002, 09:33 AM
Ok, I'll admit it, I was scanning for Lindsey.

Hoping if he was there, he was there ALONE.

Didn't see him, and thank God, and better yet, didn't see him accompanied by anyone.

No Mick either. He's such a Diva himself, I thought he might be in the audience!

Hey, he could be on there drumming one year, making all of his faces! Hhaha! What a vision!

Bella Figura
05-24-2002, 10:13 AM
I'm just glad the applause for Landslide was sooo loud!!! When her mike went out for a sec, I was like OH NO!! :distress:

Plus lots of the audience shots showed people singing along. I have to say not being a Dixie Chick Fan myself, I really enjoyed their performance.... :nod:

BellaDonnaGypsy
05-24-2002, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by EnchantedStorms
BURN THE EVIDENCE, STEVIE!! BURN THE EVIDENCE!!
ROTFLMAO! :laugh: You are *bad*!

Laura.

sulamith
05-24-2002, 10:30 AM
Not only will she not burn it, she seems to be wanting to hang onto it relentlessly - over and over again!

Must be a SWEET memory.

Ditch the dress, gal!
Simple solution.
Make a new memory on another one!

Dar
05-24-2002, 12:07 PM
I knew I could count on Sulamith to scan for Lindsey! Don't you know he was backstage to her left! She glanced his way right before she did "Wear my Ring"! Well maybe not,but I would like to think so. If you watch her ,she does lookover to her left right before she starts the song.I know wishful thinking;)

rhiannon1119
05-24-2002, 12:28 PM
I was very happy to see Stevie sing that Elvis song. She sang it with ease.. and I think she was the only performer who did any of his songs justice.

:) Michelle

EnchantedStorms
05-25-2002, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by BellaDonnaGypsy

ROTFLMAO! :laugh: You are *bad*!

Laura.

Hehehe...:D Thank you.;)

:laugh:

seteca
05-25-2002, 07:33 AM
In more recent times I'm kinda nervous about Stevie's live performances....I'm like "oh no it's gonna sound so bad if she misses that note..!".........because WE know how incredible her voice was, is and forever will be.....but I don't want her to get any bad reviews from ANYBODY...!!!

...but.....

I was so glad coz that performance WAS INCREDIBLE !!!!!!!!!!:blob1: :blob2:

It was so great seeing her do Landslide !!

And when she did the Elvis tribute.....OMG.....I was smiling like a madman !!!!

GO STEVIE !!!!!! GO STEVIE !!!!!! GO STEVIE !!!!!!:]

YOU'RE THE BEST !!!!!& WE'LL ALL LOVE YOU FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:angel: :nod:

:wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

ejof17
05-25-2002, 11:59 AM
"Wear my ring...." is a perfect song for her. It would have been great if she had gone into "Cathouse Blues" after that. One can dream, can't one? :wavey:

She look positively thrilled to do that song. Elvis certainly influenced Lindsey and i'm sure the same is true for Stevie. They were the next generation of artists after Elvis and his true heirs. The other performers don't have that depth. Cher, who is older than Stevie did more of a parody of Elvis than a real tribute.

Stevie was one of the only performers on the stage that night that actually wrote the song she sang, besides the Chicks. She is incredible and I could go on and on and on. She surely got some of the biggest cheers and was on the least out of all the performers. That croud was hungry for a Nicks fix. I think next year if the FM album goes well, she will be asked to be one of the head lining divas!

Little Queenie
05-27-2002, 01:15 AM
After reading the posts about DIVAS on Thurs night , I couldn't wait to watch my tape. Stevie was so cute and ROCKED OUT!

How cool was she during the Elvis tribute! I think I have watched it ten thousand times(ok not really!). Now I wish when FM tour, they will do weird spontaneously thing and I don't mean Mick coming out with a vest that makes funny noises!!!

hey I think this is going to be my 100th post! YAY me.. it's about time!

-April:)