PDA

View Full Version : So......

Lisa1769
05-23-2002, 09:26 PM
What did everybody think of the show?

Dar
05-23-2002, 09:29 PM
I'm still watching. Stevie looks great as always,but same old clothes and same old hair style. You couldn't even hear her over Natalie.

saradorna
05-23-2002, 09:45 PM
some of the duets with the other Divas were not that good. I have to admit the only duet I liked besides Stevie's was the one with Anastacia and Celine. :eek: (ok, dont throw me stones please! lol)

The only part were you cant hear stevie is when they're doing the high notes because Stevie is singing so low you just cant hear her. But it was a very awsome version of Landslide.:nod: :nod:

Well thats it for now, its not finish yet. Still hoping that Stevie will be at the end of the show.

Isabel:wavey:

EnchantedStorms
05-23-2002, 10:27 PM
I thought the whole thing was pretty cool....loved seeing Cyndi Lauper, and thought she was great! I had to laugh, though, when Cher came out trying to look like Elvis. I mean, I love Cher...but whew....that was just too much.:eek: :D :laugh: ! Anyway, I thought I was going to hate this...but, I was surprised. It actually wasn't that bad, and I watched the whole thing, lol.:D

~~Angela~~:wavey:

golddustchic
05-23-2002, 10:58 PM
I thought it was great!!!! Landslide was awesome, even though I could barely hear Stevie. I was flipping out when she came out by herself for the Elvis thing. She was so AWESOME!!! And she was so cute at the very end when they were all together. She looked great and it was a fabulous Stevie moment.

Did anyone notice the two women in the audience when Ellen was down there who were wearing the Stevie shirts? I was so excited to see that!

ROCK ON STEVIE!!!

AliP
05-23-2002, 11:00 PM
Ok, I missed it. So could somebody tell me about when in the show does Stevie come on, whom does she come after, how many times is she shown etc. so when I am able to watch it I can record the right parts and won't miss anything. Thanks!

sulamith
05-23-2002, 11:09 PM
She comes on with the Dixie Chicks second appearance. It's a good 30 to 40 minutes into it. I don't recall exactly when.

AliP
05-23-2002, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by sulamith
She comes on with the Dixie Chicks second appearance. It's a good 30 to 40 minutes into it. I don't recall exactly when.

So is that the only appearance besides at the end? Thanks!

sulamith
05-23-2002, 11:14 PM
yeah, just twice. Landslide with the Chicks, then a snippet of Won't You Wear My Ring Around Your Neck during the Elvis tribute at the end.

AliP
05-23-2002, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by sulamith
yeah, just twice. Landslide with the Chicks, then a snippet of Won't You Wear My Ring Around Your Neck during the Elvis tribute at the end.

So is she after Shakira? I just saw the Dixie Chicks w/ no Stevie.

AliP
05-23-2002, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by AliP

So is she after Shakira? I just saw the Dixie Chicks w/ no Stevie.

O.k. Sorry, but I'm freaking out here. I came in about 30 min into it and I don't know if I missed Stevie or not. How many times do the Dixie Chicks appear? I saw them once with no Stevie. Right now Mary J. Blige is on. Is she after that? Thanks

Lisa1769
05-24-2002, 09:04 AM
golddustchic......I too noticed the TISL Tees. I had to laugh and wonder how many of the other ledgies took note of that!:laugh:

Livia
05-24-2002, 09:16 AM
Stevie's first appearance was about 1 hour and 15 minutes into the show (I looked at the clock so I'd know, in case I want to re-record just Stevie or keep the whole thing). She's on right after the Dixie Chicks do "Wide Open Spaces."

Whoever was mixing the sound should be fired. Natalie's voice drowned out everyone else's, not just Stevie, but on every song they did - that was too bad - maybe they can tweak it for the rebroadcasts?

I loved the arrangement of Landslide - the banjo and mandolin were cool.

Did anyone notice Stevie's TISL drummer, Mark??? He was playing at the beginning with Cher and Celine, and then I noticed a different drummer toward the end.

I ADORED Stevie's rockabilly Elvis tribute - that was soooo good!! She really looked like she was having fun w/ it. But I was disappointed that she didn't do at least one more song, everyone else had 2, except Shakira, right? One duet, one solo and the Elvis tribute.

And Stevie, sweetie, darling, I love ya, but PLEASE BUY SOME NEW CLOTHES!!!!!

Where was Whitney at the end? In her dressing room with the crack pipe? LOL

:wavey:
Livia

sulamith
05-24-2002, 09:28 AM
HA!
I noticed she was MIA as well!

I thought her dress and shoes were killer, but she is way too skinny and greasy and perspiring.

At least when Stevie was coked up she still looked like a vision - our very own fairy princess from the clouds.......flying so high she looked like she could touch the stars, grab a handful, then sprinkle them down on us all ......ah, those were the days!

Not a sweaty crack ho in sight!

Sorcerer386
05-24-2002, 11:52 AM
And Stevie, sweetie, darling, I love ya, but PLEASE BUY SOME NEW CLOTHES!!!!!

I've made it quite clear in my previous posts that I was annoyed that everyone kept complaining about the same dress, but honestly, if Stevie isn't careful, she's going to get some bad press. It is not a good thing for a rock star to wear the same things over and over for television appearances. She wore the same dress that she wore from Leno...I just think it's a good thing no reporters or "fashion police" have noticed that Stevie's wearing the same outfits constantly.

rhiannon1119
05-24-2002, 12:35 PM
I really enjoyed this Diva show. It was definitely one of the better ones!

:) Michelle

AliP
05-24-2002, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Sorcerer386

I've made it quite clear in my previous posts that I was annoyed that everyone kept complaining about the same dress, but honestly, if Stevie isn't careful, she's going to get some bad press. It is not a good thing for a rock star to wear the same things over and over for television appearances. She wore the same dress that she wore from Leno...I just think it's a good thing no reporters or "fashion police" have noticed that Stevie's wearing the same outfits constantly.

I think they have noticed and have complained about it but Stevie obviously ain't changing so they've found someone else to nitpick.

golddustchic
05-28-2002, 05:41 PM
I don't know if anyone noticed but at the end of the show did you guys see Stevie hug Mary J. Blige. I thought that was kind of cute. I just love watching the finale and the close up they get of Stevie. I'm glad the cameraperson has some taste!!:nod:

sulamith
05-28-2002, 06:03 PM
I noticed that Stevie seemed a little "lost" so to speak during that closing hand-clapping hugging thing.
There were sort of two groups it seemed like, with Cher and Celine all huddled in the center, and did anyone else notice that Ellen ran into Stevie on her way to center stage?
Rude butt.

And why did they do all of that groping on the guys with Ellen when we know it ain't so?

Rumours
05-28-2002, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by golddustchic
I don't know if anyone noticed but at the end of the show did you guys see Stevie hug Mary J. Blige. I thought that was kind of cute. I just love watching the finale and the close up they get of Stevie. I'm glad the cameraperson has some taste!!:nod:

I did!!
I saw her hugging Mary J. Blige and a Dixie Chick or two!!!! :D

Stephanie