PDA

View Full Version : Stevie's a Fly Girl...

LilyRose
05-21-2002, 03:43 PM
Found this at www.newyorkmetro.com

Fly Girl: An insider tells us that VH1 had to charter a private jet to fly Stevie Nicks to this week's VH1 Divas concert in Las Vegas because she was unwilling to travel without her two dogs. No commercial airline would allow the pooches in the cabin, and she refused to put them in cargo.

Isn't that great!!:laugh: I'm totally on her side. Those are her babies...I wouldn't let my babies ride in cargo! Afterall, dogs don't make any more noise than babies do.

Susie

Gypsy-Rhiannon
05-21-2002, 03:59 PM
Way to go Stevie!! Those doggies are so cute!!

Pip

Bella Figura
05-21-2002, 03:59 PM
see, everyone, our girl is a true DIVA!!! love that story :wavey:

rhiannon1119
05-21-2002, 04:13 PM
Very cool! Now that is a DIVA attitude!! :)

:) Michelle

BellaDonnaGypsy
05-21-2002, 05:29 PM
I'm behind her all the way... why the heck should two tiny doggies be forced to sit in cargo?! Go Stevie! :D

Laura.

sulamith
05-21-2002, 05:52 PM
I'm sure that demand just PALES in comparison to anything Cher and Celine have asked for! They probably had one whole extra jet full of just their clothes.

Stevie's doesn't seem like an unreasonable request to me!

It's isn't that far from LA to Vegas anyway.

And, here's hoping Stevie is traveling a little heavier in the wardrobe department herself!

I can't wait for the show.........I hope I don't get a brain aneurysm from sitting through some of it waiting for Stevie, though.

LauraTN
05-21-2002, 08:44 PM
...why a comercial flight wouldn't let Stevie take her dogs with her? I see little dogs flying all the time...so long as they stay on your lap or under the seat? I wouldn't allow my animals to be in cargo...I've heard of terrible things happening to animals in those cargo holds. I think 48hrs did a special on that or something..and animals actually died from all kinds of things like hypothermia, heat stroke..and getting squished by things. I wouldn't dream of putting one of my family in with cargo.
Maybe Stevie wanted to let them run around the plane or something...I can see then why they might not let her take them on the plane.

FiercestCalmSea
05-21-2002, 09:02 PM
Way to go Stevie...actin' like a diva just a little bit :)

rhiannon1119
05-22-2002, 12:30 PM
This little tidbit was in the NY Post today and it cracked me up..

Diva gridlock

VH-1 is having problems with the stars of "Divas Las Vegas," which airs live tomorrow. There aren't enough dressing rooms at the MGM Grand. "It's awful," one spy said. "You can't expect Shakira, Celine Dion, Mary J. Blige, Cher, the Dixie Chicks, Stevie Nicks, Anastacia and [host] Ellen DeGeneres to share." Producers have been working overtime to try and create "rooms" with velvet drapes, but there still aren't enough bathrooms. "They are even considering Portapotties," sighed the source.

:) Michelle

Gypsy-Rhiannon
05-22-2002, 12:54 PM
I just read on the Diva's site that Anastacia (who is also billed as a special guest) is dueting with Celine Dion...though it looks like she is doing something on her own too. I get the feeling that Stevie will duet with The Dixie Chicks....

Pip

Rumours
05-23-2002, 06:10 PM
She is dueting with them........Landslide!!! ??????????
I would imagine they would have her do a song on her own too.
They just have to!!!

I'm enjoying all of these little blurbs and tid-bits about what's going on in Vegas with our Divas!!!! :laugh:

Stephanie