PDA

View Full Version : "Don't Fu*K With My People!"

ricohv
05-10-2002, 05:51 PM
Does anyone know the story behind Stevie freaking out on security at a concert and yelling this, supposedly going off on some tirade. I've heard reference to it in a couple places, and I when I was just perusing the songs available on AudioGalaxy (wishing I knew how the heck you get into that and download those songs!?) I saw that you can download or fileshare or whatever it there. It just seems so out of character for her. Is it available as an easy (not AudioGalaxy or WinMx) download anywhere?
Johnny Stew..help!..I bet you know....

Karen Howells
05-10-2002, 08:54 PM
Hey, you can download HAEWAFY (she starts yelling at the security before this song because they wont let the people come up to the front ) from me at audio galaxy under fmledgies under kak125. It should be labeled "Dont f*ck with my people".

blackwidower
05-10-2002, 09:44 PM
God I hate that clip I head it for the first time and thought how F***ed up was Stevie that night? And the comments rgar she makes about who it was written for is really astonding to me because shes like I wrote it for this guy but he doesnt really matter. And considering that she wrote it for a guy whos daughter died when she was little I find appaling..now if you want a good shock downlaod it but otherwise why bother is just really embarising.

ricohv
05-10-2002, 10:14 PM
So I wonder how much of this dreamer/little girl lost image of Stevie's was real and how much of her was this nasty, coke snortin', foul mouth. I mean she herself talks about how she fired people on a whim and drove people out of her life because of her erratic behaviour (JimmyIovine). I'm sure it's hard being a big-time-rock-n-roll-star but gawd, I'd sure like to give it a shot!!

Sorcerer386
05-10-2002, 10:52 PM
Well I mean, I think Stevie just meant it in the context that her audience is so much more important than "this guy" aka Joe Walsh. She constantly says how important her audience is...for example, the '83 US Festival, she says "If you ever think you don't matter, I want you to know something, to ME, you're the ONLY thing that matters." Or something to that degree. By this time, however, Stevie was not snorting, she was sucking down the Klonopin. And speaking from experience, sometimes when you're on tranquilizers, you just lose your train of thought, and that might have been what happened. I mean, I'll be in mid-sentence and just completely forget what was going on. Plus, I'm sure she was still mad at him at the time for their breakup, even though it happened so long before this.

wondergirl9847
05-11-2002, 12:03 PM
I downloaded this and it took me two or three times to hear it! LOL It's wierd hearing her use the dreaded "F" word. I HATE that word, it's just....Harsh. :( Hearing her sing, "Sometimes, It's a Bitch" is wierd too. I DO however sing along with her on it, and say "damn your love, damn your lies"...LOL I like SIAB because it's true for EVERYONE, some days are great, some are a beeatch! Regardless if you are a rock star or a Joe Shmoe, we all have good and bad days. :nod: It's cool to know that.

ejof17
05-11-2002, 12:27 PM
I much prefer our clean and sober "earth mother" "rock n' roll god mother" Stevie than I do the coked up bloated foul mouthed "diva" displayed in that clip.

She was obviously trashed and we shouldn't hold it against her. After all she has "dealt with the road" now and has come out stronger and better.

Rumours
05-11-2002, 12:49 PM
Ah yes yes, the Bristol, Connecticut concert from the Other Side of the Mirror Tour.......

She not only says it ONCE but TWICE!!

"You f*** with my people, I'm gonna get real f**in' angry!!"
At the end of Edge of 17 I believe.....security is being rough with the fans and pushing the crowd back from the stage......she's just apologizing to them all and letting them all know how very important to her that they are.....in her own Klonopin foul-mouthed sort of way!!! LOL

What I like is when HAEWAFY starts, you hear her telling security "I'M WATCHING!!!" I can see her shooting them a look and pointing her finger at them!!! LMAO!!!!!!

Stephanie

Arizona Ranger
05-11-2002, 01:56 PM
Apparently the 5.00 an hour security goons did'nt know the first thing about crowd handling & control. They stepped out of line and made Stevie angry to such a degree that she flew off the handle...

In another incident, Stevie threw a huge pineapple at a Security Goon who manhandled a reporter or Backstage Guest after one of her shows as well....

I understand that Stevie has a proviso or condition in her Concert Contracts that stress the usage of professional Security Agencies from now on. Brother Chris helps see to that whenever he's around.

There is also suspicion that the Security at a Grateful Dead Concert in 1989 at the NJ Meadowlands was responsible for the death of a fan named Adam Katz. The said security people were mistreating the Dead Heads there and drew several complaints about there conduct during that Dead Show.....

So maybe Stevie helped save a few lives at her show ! :nod:

Sorcerer386
05-11-2002, 08:07 PM
You guys are cracking me up, okay. Like, a lot. I can see getting a little disturbed by Stevie saying HAEWAFY was written "about a guy, but he doesn't really matter," cause that is a little harsh and cold considering that she wrote it after he showed her his daughter's fountain and grave or whatever it was. But first of all, Stevie got pissed PROTECTING us as fans...saying not to mess with us because we matter so much to her. Second of all, okay, everyone gets mad, and I'm sure even now, sober as she is, Stevie gets angry and says that naughty, naughty F dash dash dash word. She IS a human being, she gets happy, she gets mad, she gets sad. And from what I can tell from this thread, I wonder how anyone even became a fan of Stevie's. No one can stand her when she was doped up, coked up, sedated and drugged, yet she was that way for 18 years of her career, 10 on cocaine and brandy, 8 on klonopin. If you hated her so much when she was like that, then what do you like about her? Her last 5 years from The Dance to TISL must be all you liked. I'm sorry, but this thread upset me, and I think some need to take a step back and realize that 18 years of Stevie's life, she was on some type of drug. So she was outrageous at times...but remember too, a lot that was the 80's, all excess and nobody cared. The only thing I can say that I didn't like was the klonopin years, and THAT was only because of how tired she seemed. But I look past all the drugs and everything, and even with the drugs, the coke and klonopin, Stevie had many great performances. Yet, all I can see these days is everyone putting her down because she was drugged up. Maybe the drugs DIDN'T make Stevie say "You mess with my people and I get real f****** angry," maybe that's something she'd say nowadays because she got angry. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong, it just seems like Stevie's only got 1997 to present going for her on this board.

highpriestess53
05-11-2002, 10:17 PM
When you are doped up on tranqs...and then antidepressants into the mix...well that is a recipe for being a little zombified....or totally mellow i know I have been there.....and it takes a whole lot to really piss you off.....you really don't care that much

I would personally say owning that clip, having played it loads off times and loving Stevie through every moment of it...it is nothing more than Stevie getting genuinely pissed off at Security for their treatment of her fans...
be thankfull we are fans of someone who really cares that we come to her shows....there are other rockstars that just see their fans as the dollars they earn...

:)

sara1998
05-12-2002, 01:51 AM
I, personally, love that clip myself.....

I have to agree with Sorcerer386; Stevie has her faults with the coke.... hell, I've been there too. And it's a tough one....
If you don't like the coke years, then what do you like? If the drug problem was never there, would we have the same Stevie?? I suppose not. She is not a perfect person, and none of us should expect her to be.

Maria

Gypsy-Rhiannon
05-12-2002, 02:44 AM
I like that clip too. Good for Stevie sticking up for her fans!! And while it was obvious to us her whole demenour changed when she was coked/drugged up but I'm sure she is no angel when it comes to swearing. Heck...I don't often swear but when I do you know I am really pissed!!

Pip

sodascouts
05-12-2002, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by sara1998
If you don't like the coke years, then what do you like? If the drug problem was never there, would we have the same Stevie??

Maria

I don't understand the defensiveness on this issue. Surely we all believe that coke use is something one shouldn't do, right? Aren't we all glad she's off it? Does anyone really think that she NEEDED that stuff to be the person we all know and love? That it was a good thing she got so hooked on it that she got a hole in her nose, which not only was detrimental to her singing voice but also nearly killed her?

I know the answer must be no, so what's the problem?

And did anyone really mean that they hated Stevie during the years she used coke - or just that they didn't like to see what she became when she was controlled by it? When her true personality was suppressed by it? I don't see how not liking it when she nearly falls off the stage because she's so high means we don't like Stevie.

Just my opinion.

ERigby818
05-12-2002, 09:35 PM
I actually find it extremely cute and funny and I'm not offended in th least. I'm not fazed by the f word at all.:shrug:
Every now and then I feel a little resentful of Stevie for the coke (because it's BAD) and for the cigarettes (because I think her voice would sound significantly better today if she didn't have the habit for like 10 years)...but I always come back around to that conclusion. Stevie wouldn't have been the same without all her experiences.

I listen to a lot of early, early Stevie demos and Buckingham Nicks stuff. Correct me if I'm wrong, but most of those songs were written before the cocaine "problem"...I think. They are among the greatest words (i.e. Landslide, Rhiannon, Sorcerer, Nomad) and melodies she's written down, I think and it goes to show cocaine didn't help her songwriting one bit, even though they were part of many of her most sucessful years. I would go as far as to say Klonipin hurt her songwriting because it slowed down the creative juices in her brain big time.
Those songs I mentioned are songs she's performing again, now that she's totally substance free...and I kinda like the full-circle that's come around here. I guess I don't really have a point except that I'm glad she wrote like a zillion songs before she started putting that stuff up her nose.
-Sonia

tyshiria
05-13-2002, 10:04 AM
i wanna hear it soooooooo bad! i love the fact that she said this! coke or no coke, she can curse if she wants to! sh*t, hell, damn! she's only human guys! yes she is STEVIE NICKS, but when she stubs her toe, i'm sure she calls that corner every name in the book except a child of God! lmao!

cuss'em out stevie! or let me do it lol!

mimi:)

The Tower
05-13-2002, 01:48 PM
I definitely liked the coked up Stevie better than the klonopin Stevie. She had some great performances during her cocaine period.

With regard to songwriting, I don't think coke or booze really affected her writing one way or another. She was quite a vibrant songwriter until about '85. I think her songwriting degraded because she ran out of things to write about. Up until '85 almost all of the songs she recorded were written only by her. Afterwards, she started adding lyrics to others' music and doing songs that she had no involvement with as a writer at all. I don't really count her collaberation with Sandy Stewart as a big departure for her.

On the other hand, I think klonopin REALLY affected her songwriting. Whereas coke and booze have a time-limited effect, prescription drugs affect one's whole body all the time. She may have partied hard with coke and booze, but would have had lucid times in which to write. With klonopin, the drug is deadening all the time. You can really notice the difference, especially with Street Angel.

I think it's cool that Stevie chewed out security, with or without profanity. I think concert security in general sucks ass. Anyone in charge that marginalizes security is doing well in my book.

I've heard a smoky-voiced demo of "Castaway" where at the beginning Stevie is cussing out someone (the engineer?? the producer???). I think she sez something about how great her and Sharon were doing and how the person in question was bringing them down. Hmmmm...

Oh well, Stevie is a human being just like the rest of us- profanity and all.

sara1998
05-13-2002, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by sodascouts

I don't understand the defensiveness on this issue. Surely we all believe that coke use is something one shouldn't do, right? Aren't we all glad she's off it? Does anyone really think that she NEEDED that stuff to be the person we all know and love? That it was a good thing she got so hooked on it that she got a hole in her nose, which not only was detrimental to her singing voice but also nearly killed her?

I know the answer must be no, so what's the problem?

And did anyone really mean that they hated Stevie during the years she used coke - or just that they didn't like to see what she became when she was controlled by it? When her true personality was suppressed by it? I don't see how not liking it when she nearly falls off the stage because she's so high means we don't like Stevie.

No, it wasen't a good thing that she was hooked. However, would we have the same Stevie? I personally like Stevie just the way she is... ex-cocaine habit and all. No, people don't like to see her while she was bad. There is a lot of negativity about her past problem and everyone needs to realize that it's out of our hands. Why be so negative about it? It's all a part of what makes Stevie, Stevie. Who she became when she was on it is still the Stevie Nicks we love... it may not be the absolute best of her, but it's a part that of her that still makes her up.

Maria

Just my opinion.

Arizona Ranger
05-14-2002, 11:48 AM
One thing I have to say is that Stevie had the guts to face the fact that it was her own personal problem and never used a spin doctor to explain it away like the Hollywood Prima Donna's like to do....

She faced the problem, dealt with it, and grew stronger in doing so......

She also proved she was a human being like the rest of us !!!:p

Rock On Gold Dust Woman !!! :nod: :wavey:

FiercestCalmSea
05-14-2002, 04:33 PM
As odd as this may sound,that clip made me like Stevie even more :P I think it has to do with the fact that she doesn't swear in her songs,nor is she really mean or hateful...and i mean...everyone gets pissed sometimes...and there is nothing wrong with showing it...so when i heard that i was kinda like "yea..Stevie...you tell them where to go". Seeing as it has not happend since then,I am sure the drugs played a part...but again..that is just another example of how she is just a person like you and me..we are human..we have downfalls..it is all in how we deal with them that matters....I can't say i am glad she ever did drugs...but whose to say her performances(Rhiannon,for example)..would have been as amazing...the things we do shape who we are,for good and bad...there is no need to get all defensive about it...Stevie has always been very honest about that kind of stuff...she doesn't try hide it...she is who she is and you can take her or leave her...I'd personally fall over if she ever swore in concert again..but i'd still be a fan :)

ejof17
05-14-2002, 06:09 PM
No one can stand her when she was doped up, coked up, sedated and drugged, yet she was that way for 18 years of her career, 10 on cocaine and brandy, 8 on klonopin. If you hated her so much when she was like that, then what do you like about her? Her last 5 years from The Dance to TISL must be all you liked.

Ummm....I don't think Stevie was quite that affected for all 18 years. Yes she used, but the effects were not as evident as at the end of those periods (i.e. Rock A Little tour and Street Angel album) Certainly Stevie is human and should be free to defend anyone and speak her mind, I don't think anyone here is saying she shouldn't, but I think it is safe to say she would not want to tell the story of HAEWAFY by stating that Joe Walsh is "just some guy that isn't important". The fact is she reached a point where she was in trouble and I am glad she saw her way through. I do enjoy her grounded image of late, but also equally appreciate the earlier periods. I think it is irresponsible to suggest that she drugs might have had something to do with her success/music/image, etc. as some have suggested here.

Sorcerer386
05-14-2002, 09:52 PM
I'm just going to refrain from answering some of these posts, because it's really too bad that some would hate Stevie's performances just because she was a little too into her drugs. That's all I'm going to say. You can rebutt all you want, I probably won't read them though. The woman did some of her best work and performances while hyped up on cocaine, and now that she's off of it, you want to say how awful it was. I mean, would you hate her now if she was still on cocaine? I know one recant will be "No, cause she'd be dead." Suspending disbelief, what if she were still on cocaine. I suppose those TISL performances that everyone loved would suddenly become such terrible and ridiculed things. Whatever...I just think it's ****ty.

tyshiria
05-15-2002, 08:14 AM
just calm down. please don't start argueing over something that was sooooooooo a long time ago. it's over now. she's not putting that **** in her body anymore. she's beautiful and healthy and everything is just fine. ok? :nod: good!

tommer
05-15-2002, 09:28 AM
i don't see the issue here....
saying 'fu_k'?, as much as we don't always acknowledge this, after all, she's human and allowed to be one. everyone uses this word, many don't even need to be pissed to use it.
almost none of those who use it have the pleasure of being audiotaped every time their mouth opens. and that's the whole difference.
and as for the cocaine subject, the (sad) truth is, that for countless artists, drugs, as destructive as they initially were, were still catalists for producing their best art ever.
stevie nicks (the gold dust woman...) is an easy example, most of her best work (the entire era from rumours to tango in the night) was done under the influence.
like it or not- c'est la vie.

David
05-15-2002, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Sorcerer386
The woman did some of her best work and performances while hyped up on cocaine ...
I think so, too. I really dig the singer & performer from those years; she was incredibly charismatic. The best solo show I ever heard or saw Stevie give was in L.A. on the "Wild Heart" tour, October 2, 1983. She was thrilling. What she looked like & how she sang are still imprinted in my memory almost 20 years later. This is my time-machine performance--the one I'd most want to return to if given the chance. Stevie was amazing.

She was also as high as a kite. It was like being in the presence of someone who has bipolar disorder who is in the manic phase of the disorder: grandiose, expansive, press-of-speech, & very regal. Her singing of "Outside the Rain" & "Stand Back" & "How Still My Love" & "Rhiannon" was awesome, an uncanny performance I'll probably never forget. I used a clunky old tape recorder with used batteries in it, which began to lose their charge during my taping, so I really blew it on that one.

Stevie's had a very long career at this point, with a huge lot of songs, different vocal styles, different visual styles, etc. We've all probably got our favorite time & place for Stevie, & that specific '83 gig is mine.

ricohv
05-15-2002, 11:26 AM
Wow...when I started this post I didn't know what a response it would get. I really just wanted to know more about the incident...I had no judgement on her drug use. I think it's interesting how black and white people are on this.

It's as if people want her to renounce her drug use and that she's only worthy as the recovered fairy godmother of rock that she is today. But, I like her bad girl side! I like that she lived in excess...learjets and mansions...dating most of the Eagles and 2/3 of the men of Fleetwood Mac..etc. etc. She knew she was leading the notorious pampered princess life/image and she perpetuated it.

Stevie has talked about the downfall of doing drugs but she has also said:
I'm not going to say that doing drugs wasn't fun, because it was, it just isn't good for you.

tyshiria
05-15-2002, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by ricohv
Stevie has talked about the downfall of doing drugs but she has also said:
I'm not going to say that doing drugs wasn't fun, because it was, it just isn't good for you.

another reason y i love stevie!!! she does NOT lie to her fans! she always keeps it real!

where did you get this quote? i would love to read the interview.

Christopher
05-15-2002, 11:46 AM
I think its just that the newer fans from the Dance till now, who have only witnessed Stevie in her sober wise woman of Rock era, may have a harder time hearing and seeing the wild hearted exploits of her earlier years.

I"ve been a fan for a long time I was a all of 13 when Bella Donna came out and so on, and I remeber just how "Spirited" Stevie once was....and why not....She was young, talented an beautiful.
I wish every young fan of today, could go back and witness a Stevie performance btwn 1981 -1986!!, It probably those performances and and recordings that have kept me a fan til-now.
I was at the Red rocks concert August of 86 while they recorded it, and was horrifired when I saw the edited version that hit cable and VHS a yr. and a half after the fact!....I'm sure they contimplated just burying the eveidence......and I also agree, the Klonopin years, is the time I think we really lost Stevie ......

Anyway I love the fact that Stevie is now sober and clean,(otherwise she probably wouldnt be here today) and the fact that she can record a cd like TISL is icing on the cake!...

Arizona Ranger
05-15-2002, 11:47 AM
Hey....

William Holden, John Agar, Dana Andrews, and many other actors had a problem with alcohol but I still watch thier movies....

Bela Lugosi had problems with narcotics and booze but I still watch his flicks as well.....

Oliver Reed, well he could probably drink Stevie & Jim Morrison under the table in a chugging contest and I still think he was a great actor !!!

A lot of rock stars could put Stevie, Jimbo, and John Lennon to shame with their abuse of drugs & alcohol (i.e. Janis Joplin) but we still listen to thier music !!!!

We always remember the good about our favourite performers rather than the bad !!!!

Stevie Nicks rules and will rule even when Britney Spears is a washed up has been 10 years from now !!!

Oh BTW Ledgies, A friend of mine works at a NYC Nitespot where Britney and her posse came in and tried to get a drink. Britney's pals were served but Britney could'nt since she was underaged. She went off like a illtempered truck driver when the manager refused to let the Bar Maid serve her !!! She cursed up a storm and stamped out like a spoiled child

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: !!!!!!!

So much for being sweet & innocent !!!

:p ;) :D

ricohv
05-15-2002, 01:07 PM
Hey Mimi: I'll have to dig and figure out where that interview is...I think it's on video..maybe Ent. Tonight from Enchanted int. 1998?

Hey Christopher: I was at Red Rocks too...I'm on tape at the very end just after the polar bear..I was at the two shows earlier in the summer ,too! I was playing a video of one of the TISL shows and this friend of mine said: I thought she was a lot more animated. What's the matter?

Well, he had only seen the Red Rocks video and Sisters of the Moon from the Mirage tour. I said : well it would be fun if she was still that animated but then again at 53 yrs old if she was that high to be that animated it might not be real flattering!

tyshiria
05-15-2002, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by ricohv
Hey Mimi: I'll have to dig and figure out where that interview is...I think it's on video..maybe Ent. Tonight from Enchanted int. 1998?

Hey Christopher: I was at Red Rocks too...I'm on tape at the very end just after the polar bear..I was at the two shows earlier in the summer ,too! I was playing a video of one of the TISL shows and this friend of mine said: I thought she was a lot more animated. What's the matter?

Well, he had only seen the Red Rocks video and Sisters of the Moon from the Mirage tour. I said : well it would be fun if she was still that animated but then again at 53 yrs old if she was that high to be that animated it might not be real flattering!

thanks. let me know what you find.

Arizona Ranger
05-15-2002, 06:29 PM
The question is now, Should Stevie do some Anti-Drug Abuse PSA's for TV/Radio ?

I think Stevie giving a sobering reminder of her own unfortunate problems with Coke & Booze would set some younger minds straight. Also Stevie would create a favourable impression on a younger audience...

What do you think ? :( :nod:

ERigby818
05-16-2002, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Sorcerer386
The woman did some of her best work and performances while hyped up on cocaine

Some, yes. But like I said before, she proved herself as an amazing songwriter and performer before she got hooked. Look at the early Rhiannon performances. She wasn't using, at least not heavily, in 1975. She said herself even when she wrote Gold Dust Woman she didn't have very much experience with coke. I think she really got into it like around the Rumours tour. So many amazing songs and performances happened before that. My personal favorites, anyway. :D

Keep in mind that she wrote many, many songs before cocaine and recorded them later in her career.

BUT I don't criticize Stevie for using cocaine...
1. Because all rock stars did it at the time
2. Because I believe her when she says she didn't know it was bad back then
3. Because she was smart enough to stop

My point: Stevie's amazing music, words and performances started inspiring people in 1975, and she was full of character, energy and creativity without coke. Those early moments are what drew attention to her and built the foundation for her solo career that allowed her to be sucessful with coke.

I wouldn't suggest anything be changed, but I think she would have been just as amazing without it. :)
-Sonia

Arizona Ranger
05-16-2002, 11:38 AM
Well said.....

The Tower
05-16-2002, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by ERigby818
BUT I don't criticize Stevie for using cocaine...
1. Because all rock stars did it at the time
2. Because I believe her when she says she didn't know it was bad back then
3. Because she was smart enough to stop

Well......... I don't think drug use in general warrants criticism. To each his or her own I always say. However, I don't think it was "okay" to use coke because all rock stars did at the time. It's just as easy to say that about heroin in the early 90's. Also, I wouldn't classify cocaine as "bad". It's only the abuse of the substance that I would classify as "bad"- and even then I don't think I would use that word... perhaps "unfortunate" is a better choice. And finally, I don't think Stevie was "smart" enough to stop- she was scared. If she had really been smart enough to stop, she would have stopped before it got to the point where her body was damaged.

Of course I'm glad Stevie did what she thought was best for her own personal well-being.

The best thing about Stevie's drug past is that she doesn't sermonize and she knows that each individual drug-use case has its own facets and dimensions. In most of the interviews I've seen or read with regard to this issue, Stevie usually says something along the lines of "This was my history with drugs- maybe if I tell you my story you can get something out of it."

I think she is very wise to take that kind of position.

FiercestCalmSea
05-16-2002, 01:56 PM
, Should Stevie do some Anti-Drug Abuse PSA's for TV/Radio ?

I am not sure how keen i'd be on something like that..I mean don't get me wrong..anti-drug ads are important,but just seeing someone like Stevie on tv saying "don't do drugs" is not going to save the world..i mean unless you know some of her background you aren't going to know offhand what addictions she has overcome,etc.Also..celebrities who have had sucessfully been thru rehab aren't the best people to put on tv for younger audiences to see because it gives them the idea "Well,they did a whole bunch of drugs,then when they wanted to stop they went to rehab",like it is no big deal..as sad as it sounds it is true...there are friends of my brother and sister(who are 14 and 16) that think that way and it is ridiculous...they can't grasp the fact that these people go to rehab to stop so they won't OD and stuff because it is so deadly and addicting...i think the best anti-drug ads would just be pictures of people who have died from overdoses...as grim as it is,that is more likely to make people think twice about what they do.

Carole Ann
05-16-2002, 09:56 PM
Well said.

Although the prospect of a somber (or whatever) Stevie, gazing into the camera murmurring, "This is my nose."

Then, as she yanks a leather belt all the way through the hole in her nose (to which she has already admitted, those of you who are ready to pounce), she screeches, "And this is my nose on BLOW!" certainly has its appeal...

ricohv
05-17-2002, 11:19 AM
Carol Ann..you are twisted...and I like it in that slowing-down-to-stare-at-a-car-accident sort of way.:eek: *Ricoh*

Melody Mac
05-21-2002, 01:46 PM
I don't think Stevie would do an anit-drug public service thingy because did'nt she say on VH1 that she would'nt change a thing. :nod: I always assumed she meant the drug use too. :nod: So I think it would be hypocritical if she did one of those commercials.:nod: And I don't want her to use the leather belt either. I think she could do something for the "Save the Music" foundation or something like that.:wavey: :) :D

~Melody~

Carole Ann
05-21-2002, 02:07 PM
I'll take that as a weird kind of compliment! Good to see there are still some odd senses of humor still intact! :rolleyes: :D

ricohv
05-21-2002, 02:15 PM
Carole Ann-yep, I just re-read your post and am laughing just picturing it again...too much!:p

demoguy
05-21-2002, 02:28 PM
Well, it wasn't just SN that was using drugs in FM, it was pervasive and easy to get. If they want to abuse their bodies, let them. IMHO, it's none of my business. They do whatever they want, they are adults that can make their own decisions. All of them wound up at Betty Ford Center to try to kick their addictions to various substances. Is it a waste? Sure. Is it my problem? No. I was hanging around the Mac back in the mid/late 80's and was appalled at what I saw. Spent a lot of time in their homes and saw a lot - enough to convince me that I didn't want to be part of all of it. I'm not into drugs, and you really need to fit in to be totally accepted. I wouldn't compromise on that. But whatever people choose, I think they have a right to do, it doesn't mean I have to do it too. It was quite an education, to say the least.

Carole Ann
05-21-2002, 02:44 PM
It's pretty astonishing when you think that DENNIS WILSON was struck almost dumb when he saw the amount of blow F-M had available to them daily.

It's just a miracle there weren't any deaths with that amount being used constantly. And Mick's said he had a TWENTY-year habit. That's a LOT of years...doing ANYthing!:eek:

ricohv
05-21-2002, 05:40 PM
and a lot of $ too! can you imagine how much money they spent? i bet mick would'n't have had to file bankrupcy if it weren't for the coke...

demoguy
05-22-2002, 12:58 AM
LMAO!!! That's exactly what Sara said to me about the bankruptcy - so much money went to coke, there wasn't much left for anything else. God knows how much over the years, and not just with MKF, but with all of them. Sheesh, if I had a fraction of what they spent on blow, I could buy a nice house in Malibu by now (even at today's inflated prices...). Not to mention the cost of rehab over and over and over (Betty Ford isn't free, y'know).

tyshiria
05-22-2002, 08:26 AM
mick was quite the spender and had houses, cars, boats, just everything everywhere! he was not managing his money well and he said that he didn't listen to his accountant's advise. he has said that in many interviews. now i know that his habit was pretty expensive, but not to the point of filing bankrupcy! i'm sure after a while he got discounts, 2 for the price of one.....u know lol! (ok bad joke)

demoguy
05-22-2002, 08:22 PM
That was only part of it. Sure, a lot of money went down the tube (or up, depending on how you look at it), but that in and of itself didn't cause the BK. He made a lot of bad investments on property in the Pacific Palasaides, and couldn't keep up with it. You're right, he didn't listen much to his accountant's advice, although I'm not sure it would've counteracted all the "blown" cash. When he & Sara sold their last house after divorce, there were a lot of problems with disputes over the exact boundaries of the property, etc. and wound up with a lot of legal squabbling. It goes on and on.