PDA

View Full Version : Stevie's Early Jobs.....

Arizona Ranger
05-09-2002, 12:33 PM
In past interviews and in Micks book (Fleetwood), it is reported that Stevie Nicks was a hostess/waitress at several restaurants in the Los Angeles area before she was asked to join Fleetwood Mac....

She worked at a place called Clementine's which was a Roaring 20's theme spot and she dressed as a flapper (that would be a sight to see ! ;) ) and served food at a Big Boy Spot....

I'd like to ask our California Ledgies if they can offer a little more info on these spots and the exact location in the Los Angeles area if they are still in existence. Thanks !!! :wavey:

Jessica Leigh
05-10-2002, 02:58 PM
As far as i know Clementine's is no longer there... Bob's Big Boy is like the best freaking place... lol it's not a nice place or anything... but they were a chain- we had one in the town where i grew up... they were bought several years ago by some other denny's/coco's type sort of place... but the original bob's still exists somewhere... i'm trying to remember where it is... ah i can't remember but it's in LA- and they have that cute little fat boy holding the serving tray out front

did i hear once that stevie also used to work at burger king? lol "welcome to burger king my name is stevie may i take your order?" or am i imagining this?

BellaDonnaGypsy
05-10-2002, 03:15 PM
Yeah, I heard she worked in Burger King too, Jessica. :D

It's hard to imagine... I hope she was smarter than the people that work in there these days... they stare blankly back at you when you try to order anything. :distress:

Laura.

sara1998
05-10-2002, 05:06 PM
I think back then, it would have been Burger Chef.......

Maria

Arizona Ranger
05-11-2002, 01:49 PM
Sorry to hear that Clementine's is no longer there. I heard it was a singles bar and the sight of all those Polyester Playboys chasing the chickies must've sent Stevie into a frenzy back in the 70's....:D

Burger Chef must've been the place Stevie worked at. The main fast food chain in the L.A. area is In & Out. I ate at the Santa Clarita chain and was'nt that impressed !!!!

I also heard Stevie cleaned record executive homes and even had a brief stint as a Dental Assistant. I'd glady keep my mouth cavity free to make her smile during my checkup !!!:D ;)

There are a few Big Boy's left out here on the East Coast but they are few and far between. Oh BTW does anyone know about a joint named the Copper Penny where Lindsey and his early band used to sup ?

Jessica Leigh
05-14-2002, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Arizona Ranger
The main fast food chain in the L.A. area is In & Out. I ate at the Santa Clarita chain and was'nt that impressed !!!!

ok AR... only true californians can truly understand what an In and Out Burger is... those things are the F*CKING BOMB... and when they ask if you want onions on it you must say "i want it animal style" ... which is this mixture of chopped grilled onions, a bit of relish, maybe some mustard and heaven knows what else... it is just so freaking good...

it's not really the main chain there... mcdonalds and burger king and wendy's and carl's jr and jack in the box are the main ones... oh yeah.. and the one on every single street corner is Taco Bell... in and outs are less frequently seen... but they are truly a california delicacy! we had two in the county where i grew up... one near my house and one in ventura right by the beach... the lines are long but the food is amazing!!! and they make the french fries fresh while you are waiting!! ok no more food talk i'm getting hungry

Arizona Ranger
05-15-2002, 11:50 AM
Thanks for that tip Jessica, I'll keep it in mind when I fly out to La La Land this Summer !!!!

OH BTW, can any California Ledgies tell me if Jack Rabbit Slims is worth checking out ???:)