PDA

View Full Version : Into Stevie Solo?

celestenadia
05-08-2002, 10:55 AM
Just curious to know how you Ledgies out there might have
gotten into Stevie as a solo artist...:nod:

Gypsy-Rhiannon
05-08-2002, 11:13 AM
I was getting into FM and my neighbours daughter said...hey ...if you like Rhiannon you should listen to this.

She played me Edge of 17 and I was hooked!

Pip

rhiannon1119
05-08-2002, 11:49 AM
I got reacquainted with the Mac through the Dance. I always knew that Stevie had a solo career... I heard Stand Back, Rooms on Fire, Talk to Me and Edge of Seventeen when I was younger... however, I didn't start really buying the solo stuff until during the Dance. Now I am happy to say that I am a Stevie fan first.. FM second.

:) Michelle

estranged4life
05-08-2002, 12:06 PM
which I cant remember the answer for...I remember my oldest brother playing Fleetwood Mac music when I was a kid, And I remember seeing the video for "Stand Back" and wondering who this sexy woman was (And "is"...lol)...Brian

Bella Figura
05-08-2002, 12:07 PM
I really should be able to have multiple votes :lol:

1st when I was ten, I got a tape recorder for my birthday and one of the first songs I recorded was Dreams off the radio

2nd when my dad got his eight track stereo, one of the first eight tracks he purchased was Rumours

3rd I got the Stop Draggin My Heart Around single on my 17th birthday from my best friend

4th when I was still a teenager, I was at a friends party and they had just gotten MTV and I saw the Stand Back video and I was hooked

and all these reasons and more got me totally into Stevie and her solo stuff and thru her all the FM members...:wavey:

Nightbird_Brett
05-08-2002, 01:38 PM
I actually got into Stevie before the Mac. I still remember...it was 1989, I was 7 years old and my Mom and I were in the car and she put on the "Wild Heart" tape. I was hooked. By the end of the year, I had every album Stevie had ever worked on, solo and with FM.

DrummerDeanna
05-08-2002, 01:56 PM
I've always known of Fleetwood Mac, because my sister had some of their stuff, and the only one whose name I knew was Stevie Nicks...but I just never paid much attention. Then...The Dance...I got SO into FM...but swore I wouldn't be one of the "stevie-fanatics" lol...so I got into Christines stuff...but that's where it gets fuzzy...I have no idea where the line was drawn and I became a HUGE Stevie fan...so yeah...she's definetly my favorite member...

Sorcerer386
05-08-2002, 03:43 PM
I can remember when I was over my friend's house, a semi-Fleetwood Mac fan household, they were watching The Dance. This was before I really got into FM. But I can remember saying, "I like Stevie's solo stuff better," and my friend said, "like what?" and I said, "Well, the song that goes, You see your gypsy...and the song, thunder only happens when it's raining..." and he was like, "Uh...those are Fleetwood Mac songs. They are on this show." And then I felt really dumb. Just a side story.

Robert
05-09-2002, 02:06 AM
I got inot Stevie during the Rumours era so by the time she went solo i was down at the "Wherehouse' pestering them months before "Bella Donna ' was released.

EnchantedStorms
05-09-2002, 02:56 AM
I'm gonna blame this on my Mom once again...LOL. Hehe...she better not ever complain about me talking about them...it's ALL HER FAULT!:laugh:

~~Angela~~:wavey:

FiercestCalmSea
05-09-2002, 08:25 AM
I got hooked on the Mac when i saw Stevie singing Rhiannon on the Dance...and i was rummaging thru some albums downstairs looking for Rumours and i found Bella Donna :)