PDA

View Full Version : Stevie is scheduled to appear on The Tonight Show....

Johnny Stew
04-20-2002, 11:23 PM
(from RockOnTV (http://www.musicstation.com/rockontv/), with a thanks to Tracy G. (http://www.burnish.net) for the heads-up.)

The Tonight Show with Jay Leno

Date: Friday - April 26, 2002
Time: 11:35 pm - 12:35 am ET

Guests include actress Christina Ricci, actor Jay Mohr and music by Sheryl Crow with Stevie Nicks and Natalie Maines.

Johnny Stew

sulamith
04-20-2002, 11:33 PM
Thanks, Johnny Stew!

goody, goody gumdrops!

Stevie on TV!

Maybe we will get a little news snippet about the new album!

nodmod
04-21-2002, 07:18 AM
Does any cable channels in the UK pick up the Jay Leno show?

mike_nh
04-21-2002, 09:40 AM
stevie,sheryl, and natalie....can you say ''too far from texas''

rhiannon1119
04-21-2002, 11:56 AM
Thanks for the info Johnny Stew. I will be looking forward to watching it.

:) Michelle

BellaDonnaGypsy
04-21-2002, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by nodmod
Does any cable channels in the UK pick up the Jay Leno show?
Neil... the last time I saw Leno on UK TV was on CNBC, but it was an old episode. Now, this was about a year ago so I'll have to do some research on this when my family go out and I can get to the TV. But I'll let you know. :)

Laura.

BellaDonnaGypsy
04-21-2002, 01:55 PM
Right... here in the UK, CNBC seem to be showing Jay Leno on Sunday nights at 8pm and 9pm, with half an hour either side of Conan O'Brien... whatever the point of that is.

I'm about to check out the first half, so if anyone knows what was on Leno this past Friday, please let me know so I can figure out if we're up to date over here. :)

Laura.

FiercestCalmSea
04-21-2002, 02:25 PM
Ahh how cool :) I have a hellish work schedule this week so this is something to look forward to...

tommer
04-21-2002, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by BellaDonnaGypsy
if anyone knows what was on Leno this past Friday, please let me know so I can figure out if we're up to date over here. :)
i have a question too:
if i watched tonight (sunday night) the show that featured dame edna, michael clarke duncan and nick cave (later conan had bob dole) how many days am i late with jay leno???
thanx.

BellaDonnaGypsy
04-21-2002, 02:45 PM
Weird... tommer, is CNBC a week behind the UK in Israel? Because Leno is on right now and we have The Rock, Glenn Lewis and Chris Matthews.

Laura.

BellaDonnaGypsy
04-21-2002, 02:47 PM
Had a thought... tommer, they were making a joke about Dame Edna on Leno tonight, so I think you're a week behind us in the UK.

Ooh, and good news for UK people... I think we might actually be up to date! So... Stevie next weekend?! It's a miracle! :laugh:

Laura.

BellaDonnaGypsy
04-21-2002, 03:00 PM
OK, forget what I said, LOL! The episode I just saw was for 04/16. If they are showing one episode on Saturday night, and two on Sunday... the episode with Stevie should be on:

CNBC Europe ~ 05/02 (Saturday) ~ 8.30pm

tommer... I am totally stupid and didn't account for the fact that you are ahead of us timewise, so you probably saw the second episode that aired tonight which was the Dame Edna one (and yes it was the one AFTER the one I saw). So it should be pretty much the same as the above for you too. :) Hope that helps.

If anyone wants to check this further, because I probably made a mistake somewhere:

http://www.nbc.com/The_Tonight_Show_with_Jay_Leno/index.html
http://www.cnbceurope.com/

Right... I'm gonna shut up now. :o

Laura.

tommer
04-21-2002, 03:23 PM
thanx laura, you managed to confuse me, but your link helped.;)
i'm only 4 days behind, and i really donnow what's msnbc like (i don't pay for crappy channels) i get it here on channel 3 on daily basis and not weekly.
tho i must say i don't expect much, they are there to promote sheryl's album so i'm afraid stevie would be nothing but a celebrity backup singer for her. :distress:

BellaDonnaGypsy
04-21-2002, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by tommer
thanx laura, you managed to confuse me, but your link helped.;)
i'm only 4 days behind, and i really donnow what's msnbc like (i don't pay for crappy channels) i get it here on channel 3 on daily basis and not weekly.
tho i must say i don't expect much, they are there to promote sheryl's album so i'm afraid stevie would be nothing but a celebrity backup singer for her. :distress:
I confused myself! :laugh: But... I don't care if Stevie is only a backing singer! It's Stevie on television! And on television in Europe... an even rarer thing! :nod:

Laura.

LilyRose
04-21-2002, 04:17 PM
Sheryl's actually going to be on Leno the 25th (Thurs.) and 26th (Fri.). The only other artist they've done this with was Prince.

Susie

nodmod
04-21-2002, 04:20 PM
Thanx Laura :)

I have updated my news page. Now need to find out if NTL carry this channel

Lisa1769
04-21-2002, 04:44 PM
Hi Guys!!

Go to http://www.tvguide.com and type in your zip code and it will give you listings for the next week or two, I think you can even go back a week or so. Its worth a try!;)

Rumours
04-21-2002, 06:06 PM
YIPPIEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Thank you so much for the information!

I'm starting a new job tomorrow--this will be a nice thing to relax to after that stressful first week at a new place of employment!

I saw, late last night, Sheryl was on that new show "Last Call with Carson Daly".......it was a rerun of it.......I'm sorry I didn't catch it earlier so that I could have seen the whole thing....Stevie's name was mentioned twice during the part that I watched!!!!

Stephanie

louielouie2000
04-21-2002, 08:18 PM
Tommer said- "they are there to promote sheryl's album so i'm afraid stevie would be nothing but a celebrity backup singer for her"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sheryl did this and then some for TISL... so I guess I don't see the problem with Stevie reciprocating. Sheryl was an incredible sport with Stevie last summer... I think Stevie owes her. -Louie

highpriestess53
04-21-2002, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by louielouie2000
Tommer said- "they are there to promote sheryl's album so i'm afraid stevie would be nothing but a celebrity backup singer for her"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sheryl did this and then some for TISL... so I guess I don't see the problem with Stevie reciprocating. Sheryl was an incredible sport with Stevie last summer... I think Stevie owes her. -Louie

I don't think Stevie OWES Sheryl anything....believe me Stevie will have paid Sheryl BIG dollars for producing the five songs that she did......producers even those who are friends don't do this for nothing.......AND Sheryl bless her went out on the road with Stevie because she wasn't able to continue with her own album due to depression.......it was an outlet for Sheryl and a good one it was too we all had immense fun seeing Sheryl share a stage with Stevie.....:wavey: :wavey:

FiercestCalmSea
04-21-2002, 08:53 PM
I agree....I think saying that Stevie owes Sheryl anything is a bit off...it's much nicer to just think of them as friends who love singing together :)

estranged4life
04-21-2002, 09:03 PM
the info...Im gonna have to record it, Brian

Gypsy-Rhiannon
04-22-2002, 03:40 AM
Excellent news! Can someone remind me about this though! LOL!

PIp

Gypsy-Rhiannon
04-22-2002, 03:49 AM
OK, forget what I said, LOL! The episode I just saw was for 04/16. If they are showing one episode on Saturday night, and two on Sunday... the episode with Stevie should be on:

CNBC Europe ~ 05/02 (Saturday) ~ 8.30pm

Don't you mean 5/5??

Pip

BellaDonnaGypsy
04-22-2002, 04:57 AM
Pip... you're right... I got the date wrong! But then so did you! :laugh: What the heck is wrong with me, LMAO?! I think my brain temporarily died last night.

Anyway, should be:

CNBC ~ May 4th (Saturday) ~ 8.30pm.

And that is the last damn time I'm going to say anything about that in case I write something completely incorrect.

Wooo, getting blonde highlights was obviously a big mistake... :rolleyes:

Laura.

Gypsy-Rhiannon
04-22-2002, 05:19 AM
MY excuse is that I worked a night shift last night. Sleep deprivation!

Pip