PDA

View Full Version : Stevie's Fans

GypsyGoddess
04-14-2002, 10:18 PM
Well just re-affirming that we are some of the most die hard energetic people!! I went to the Paul McCartney concert last nite in Toronto and we were on the floor and let me tell you everyone spent a good part of the nite in their seats...and the ones that weren't were getting yelled at! Now of course there are the moments where EVERYONE is up, but not even in the first 4 rows were people standing the whole thing...

I thought it was funny because from the Stevie concerts I was totally not used to this new way. During all the shows I went to, I didn't sit once, even during the long piano intro during Rhiannon!! But not only did I not sit, neither did anyone else!! Now yeah the Beatles came 10 -20 years before Stevie solo, but she always talks about the age of her fans, and they're the same as Paul's!

Not that I'm making fun of the man, obviously he's amazing, but I'm just giving props out to Stevie fans again!! GO US!

*Jess

Gypsy-Rhiannon
04-15-2002, 03:52 AM
Hey Jess....unfortunately for Louise and I we went to see Stevie in Las Vegas where hardly anyone stood. We were shouted at for standing and had stuff thrown at us! People in the Golden Circle were standing but we weren't allowed down there. We still stayed standing though....we didn't travel 6000 miles to sit down at a Stevie concert!!!

Pip

BellaDonnaGypsy
04-15-2002, 05:41 AM
Yeah, that's how you spot the real Stevie fans... they are the ones standing up all the way through. ;) :D

Laura.

tyshiria
04-15-2002, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by BellaDonnaGypsy
Yeah, that's how you spot the real Stevie fans... they are the ones standing up all the way through. ;) :D

Laura.

hell, i can't even tell you what the seats looked like at her concert! i just kicked off my shoes and had a ball! :nod:

mimi:)

estranged4life
04-15-2002, 09:59 AM
in my section sat through most everything except when STevie first came on stage, "Rhiannon" & "Gold Dust Woman"...I stood through out her set because the people behind me left before Stevie was 1/3rd of the way through her set...Plus being 6'-1" & 210lbs, I kinda scare smaller people...Not that I try to on purpose, LOL...Brian

rhiannon1119
04-15-2002, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon
Hey Jess....unfortunately for Louise and I we went to see Stevie in Las Vegas where hardly anyone stood. We were shouted at for standing and had stuff thrown at us! People in the Golden Circle were standing but we weren't allowed down there. We still stayed standing though....we didn't travel 6000 miles to sit down at a Stevie concert!!!

Pip

Pip I know exactly what you mean. I was at the Vegas shows.. in the Golden Circle! The people in these seats were standing, but not all of them stood for the whole show. Some people, like you said, were getting yelled at by security and other people. I hate when they do that. How can you go to a concert and sit for the entire thing?? It is just not possible. The same thing happened to me again in Detroit with Kristin and Julie. We were standing up for most of the show and these stupid people behind us were throwing cans and plastic cups at us! This just made us want to stand up more!

:) Michelle

tyshiria
04-15-2002, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by rhiannon1119

Pip I know exactly what you mean. I was at the Vegas shows.. in the Golden Circle! The people in these seats were standing, but not all of them stood for the whole show. Some people, like you said, were getting yelled at by security and other people. I hate when they do that. How can you go to a concert and sit for the entire thing?? It is just not possible. The same thing happened to me again in Detroit with Kristin and Julie. We were standing up for most of the show and these stupid people behind us were throwing cans and plastic cups at us! This just made us want to stand up more!

:) Michelle

did you kill them?

i was lucky enough to be at a concert where everyone was standing and yelling at the top of their lungs! going back to the car, it seemed like everyone was hoarse! lmao!!!!!!!!! i loved it!

mimi:)

highpriestess53
04-15-2002, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon

Pip

With all that booze and lemon throwing...I came out smelling like a Gin and Tonic....LOL!! Little gits.....what is it with people who come to a rock concert and SIT DOWN??????????????..
Morons.........

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Arizona Ranger
04-15-2002, 11:59 AM
was very memorable cos' everyone stood through the entire show on 7/14/02 !!!!

And Stevie & Sheryl kept them standing !!!:D

highpriestess53
04-15-2002, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Arizona Ranger
was very memorable cos' everyone stood through the entire show on 7/14/02 !!!!

And Stevie & Sheryl kept them standing !!!:D

This was a very cool show the audience GREAT!!!!!
Just about everybody was dancing and having a great time....a very good vibe......:nod: :laugh: :nod:

Julie2920
04-15-2002, 02:24 PM
i stood up for the whole of both concerts i saw this past year, dancing and singing and cheering, no one yelled or complained at all. and it was soooo different from any other concerts i had ever been to, the funkiest friendliest people ever!!!! stevie's fans are the best.......

laurarox
04-15-2002, 05:42 PM
you can stay home and watch her on VH-1!

I don't think I could have sat down if I wanted to - I'm like on a chiffon high!:D

EnchantedStorms
04-15-2002, 07:34 PM
We had 11th row...and everyone in like the first twenty or so rows stood for most of the concert...except for the "new" songs. But I stood the whole time, even after my husband sat down, lol.:laugh: But no one threw anything at me, thank God.:laugh:

LOL...and can I just say that I am REALLY getting anxious for this new tour?!?!?!:woohoo: :blob2: :woohoo: And THIS time, I'm going to MORE THAN ONE!! hehehe....

~~Angela~~ :wavey:

GypsyGoddess
04-15-2002, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by laurarox
you can stay home and watch her on VH-1!

I don't think I could have sat down if I wanted to - I'm like on a chiffon high!:D

AMEN SISTER FRIEND!! That's totally how I feel No one would make me sit during Stevie...i'd fight 'em if need be, no problem!!

And I can't even believe that security was trying to make people sit, that's freakin' ridiculous....rock concert vs. the ballet,
HELLLO!! People just don't understand our connection!

*Jess

FiercestCalmSea
04-15-2002, 10:18 PM
Hey i was at the Mansfield show too :) I can't say that i sat at all either..and i don't think that it is rude to stand...it is a freakin rock concert...plus i paid hella money for my like 10th row seats..which IS ironic cause i didn't sit in the damn thing,lol....but yea...i am rambling here...it is late...i just have to agree with you all...when it comes to Stevie,stand the hell up :P