PDA

View Full Version : Should Lindsey Go Hollywood ?

Arizona Ranger
04-04-2002, 12:19 PM
I know he lives in the general vicinity of Tinsel Town but would you like Lindsey to act in several movies ? :nod:

For instance.....

Would you like Lindsey to appear in a James Bond film ? :)

Would you like Lindsey to have a cameo or bit role in the next Russell Crowe/Mel Gibson/Denzel Washington Flick ?

Which Actress would you like to see Lindsey appear in a film with ? Do you think Nicole Kidman or Halle Berry would be up to the challenge of trying to tame Lindsey ? Perhaps Jennifer Lopez would like to try ! :p

Give it a thought !

NAMASTE :wavey:

BellaDonnaGypsy
04-04-2002, 12:56 PM
Hehehe... you mean apart from my bizarre desire to see Lindsey on Jackass? :laugh:

Uhh, yeah... I think he'd be good at it. He should do comedy... look at the damn Countdown video! It's hilarious! In fact, all his videos are hilarious!

Just don't let him work with Jennifer Lopez... I don't consider her a serious actress anymore. :mad:

Laura.

AliP
04-04-2002, 02:59 PM
I'd really like to see him in a romantic comedy. ;) He'd make all the ladies swoon.

sulamith
04-04-2002, 03:17 PM
As much as I love Lindsey, I hate to admit this, but -

he is a terrible actor.

We were discussing this in our side group not too long ago. He is great in the videos as long as he is playing his luscious guitar, or just stylin' and profilin'. He can't lip-synch worth a toot, especially in Little Lies, so I think his acting would be really stinko.

Nope, Lindsey cutie sweetie honey-babe that he is, should stick to doing what he does best................

Pouring out GENUINE emotion while playing the snot out of that Turner Model 1!!!

Besides he's not hung up on his looks or stuck on himself enough to be an actor.

EnchantedStorms
04-04-2002, 03:53 PM
lol....Sulamith, I agree! I don't think he'd make a very good actor at all!!:laugh: But, if he wanted to play himself in a movie about the history of Fleetwood Mac....well, then....that would just make my year, lol. (Assuming Chris would play Chris, Stevie would play Stevie, Mick would play....and so on.:D )

~~Angela~~:wavey:

BellaDonnaGypsy
04-04-2002, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by sulamith
He can't lip-synch worth a toot, especially in Little Lies
Yes... the lip-synching is a problem... :laugh: I'm praying that there will be none of that in the new videos.

People! The reality of it is sinking in... there will be new videos! :]

Laura.

sulamith
04-04-2002, 04:22 PM
Oh yes, Laura!
New videos!
They BETTER make some!
I hope this record is promoted and bank-rolled like it should be.

(sigh) new Lindsey and Stevie footage......

I can't wait!

EnchantedStorms
04-04-2002, 04:25 PM
Can you all just imagine what they could do for a video for Thrown Down??? OR, LMAO.....COME??? HAHAHAHA....Oh, please let them do videos for those two songs. ;) :p :laugh:

Ok....I'm starting to get really excited about this album now, hehehe!!:blob2: :blob1: :blob2:

BellaDonnaGypsy
04-04-2002, 04:27 PM
I know! I am so hyped... enough with the torture already! Announce a release date! :laugh: Although I'll be running round screaming once they do. :D

Laura.

sulamith
04-04-2002, 04:35 PM
Shooooooooot..............

At this point I'd watch a video of them eating spaghetti. But then again, they would make that pretty sexy, wouldn't they?

I think we can count on any vids we get being pretty much what they have done in the past, a la seven wonders, LL, Big Love, or like Stevie's recent ones, all being heavy on the symbolism, skirt swishing, and crystal balls with the vaseline lens effects being prominent. I don't really care. They can just keep the camera on Stevie's lips and Lindsey's eyes, and there you have it! Nuff said!

I think I will love whatever visual they come up with.

As far as Thrown Down, or *gasp* Come, well I don't think we will get that lucky!
That would fulfill alot of our fantasies, though wouldn't it?!

(evil grins and cackles)

BellaDonnaGypsy
04-04-2002, 04:50 PM
Come... :laugh: Would MTV be allowed to show that video?! ;)

Laura.

EnchantedStorms
04-04-2002, 04:51 PM
LOL....One can hope, can't they??? :rolleyes: :p :laugh:

But seriously, I'll be happy with whatever we get, too. :rolleyes: *ho-hum, big sigh*...lol:D

sodascouts
04-04-2002, 11:27 PM
He is great in the videos as long as he is playing his luscious guitar, or just stylin' and profilin'. He can't lip-synch worth a toot, especially in Little Lies, so I think his acting would be really stinko.

Yeah, I think Lindsey's lipsynching leaves something to be desired, too. I think he must have a hard time getting into mouthing words while filming a video...I mean, in Gypsy, when he's in that suit, spinning Stevie, then grabbing that glass from this other woman so dramatically - that was good acting, IMO. Then gazing up meaningfully in the rain.... But then cut to him singing "lightning strikes, maybe once, maybe twice" - and boom. Nope. He's just sitting there, mouthing the words, on that pink future-world lawn or whatever that was supposed to be lol.

I recommend the old Michael Stype of REM rule for him: "I won't lip synch in videos!"

sulamith
04-05-2002, 07:13 AM
LOL!

haha, Nancy, you are right about the Gypsy video sequences. When he is staring intently and just looking all smouldering he is yummy, but I also don't like the part where he is sitting there in pink Gummi Bear Land or what ever that is. The thing that I always wince at though in that scene isn't the lip-synching, - it's his hair.

Whoever did his hair that day should never be allowed to touch another Buckingham follicle! I know he didn't do that to himself.
It looks like a big weenie-roll all across the front of his head!

Gimme his natural long hair any day!
LOL!

Arizona Ranger
04-05-2002, 12:40 PM
Very interesting responses everyone !!!!

I'd also like to see Lindsey appear in a comedy such as a Jim Carrey vehicle or perhaps even a Sci-Fi/Horror Flick.....

Maybe Lindsey can play a character in the upcoming Scream 4 (Yes there will be a Scream 4, Neve Campbell needs to pay the rent :] ) Lindsey can be a detective or even one of the killers first victims ~!:eek:

As for the lip synching, yes it does need to be worked on. Perhaps a few sessions at the Lee Strasberg School or training by Roger Corman can help out Lindsey......

Best of luck LB !!!:wavey:

BellaDonnaGypsy
04-05-2002, 12:50 PM
I wonder if he's actually been approached with scripts before? I would think so... I mean, he's a damn fine looking man! :D

Laura.

Arizona Ranger
04-05-2002, 12:55 PM
B.D. : I'm sure he has....

Mick is the only Mac Member to have ever appeared before the Kliegs. He's appeared in Running Man and several episodes of Star Trek The Next Generation....

Stevie was approached many times but expressed discomfort with the way some film executives treated her at a party. She also did'nt like doing videos due to the stand around and wait treatment most actors go through....

BellaDonnaGypsy
04-05-2002, 01:14 PM
He was only in one episode of ST:TNG... he played an alien that looked like a fish! If you want a good laugh you should definitely find that episode! :laugh:

Not that I know anything about Star Trek, of course... :rolleyes: ;)

Laura.

witchywoman
04-05-2002, 05:56 PM
I believe I remember reading that Lindsey was approched
to do some kind of a musical, I THINK with Linda Rhonstat(sp?).
I guess nothing ever came of that, since we didn't hear
anything about it.:shrug:
I think his acting ability would depend on the part. His
poetry reading on stage was very emotive, but he has
been quoted as saying acting isn't his bag.:o
I think he should go with his strength, his amazing
musical and producing talents!:nod:

witchywoman:)

Arizona Ranger
04-06-2002, 11:49 AM
witchywoman: I do believe you're talking about The Pirates Of Penzance which featured Lovely Linda & Kevin Kline......

I heard that Stevie was approached to play the Mary Steenburgen role in Time After Time (1979) with Malcolm McDowell. Mick Jagger was approached to play the Jack the Ripper role also. But reportedly Nicholas Meyer the director dismissed the Rock & Roll tilt and the role went to David Warner...

Still it would've been interesting to see Stevie in that role !:nod:

BBALLGYPSY17
04-06-2002, 12:24 PM
DAMN is he nice to look at?!?! :D HAHAHA :laugh: Oh and as far as vids for "Thrown Down" and "Come"....WOOHOO...I'm ALLLLLLLL for it!:] Heyyyyyyy... It's OK to have acouple PIPEDREAMS :nod::rolleyes: Besides I think it's a BLESSING that the man can't act, he just has to much REAL passion to do it ;)

LOL:lol:
~alex~*

sodascouts
04-06-2002, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by witchywoman
I believe I remember reading that Lindsey was approched
to do some kind of a musical, I THINK with Linda Rhonstat(sp?).

If that's the case, maybe it's better Lindsey didn't do it. I think John would have been so jealous things could have gotten a little tense between them! lol

Skylark
04-06-2002, 07:00 PM
Hi witchywoman...
You are spot on...Linda Ronstadt asked Lindsey to play in Puccini's Opera...La Boheim...about starving artists living in a garret...she wanted him to play Rodolpho....who takes his sweet little love thru the snow & cold to a dance to celebrate!!! She becomes ill and he carries her back to his thread-bare attic where she becomes ill with "consumption" and dies laying against his thin sad body...he is crying and sings a gorgeous aria about passionate young love .... LOVE for his Sweet Little Mimi!!!

I think I'll CRY NOW!!! Lindsey's Perfect!!! So Sad!!! Luv, SKY!

witchywoman
04-06-2002, 08:54 PM
Thanks Sky for clarifying that. I thought I had my info
correct, but couldn't remember the details.:wavey:

witchywoman:)

seteca
04-12-2002, 09:28 AM
What about Lindsey playing the lead role in American Psycho II ?:laugh: :] :woohoo:

:wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

BBALLGYPSY17
04-12-2002, 04:07 PM
NOW THAT'S A GENIUS THOUGHT! :laugh: I think he can ACTUALLY pull THAT one OFF;)

LOL:lol:
~alex~*

BellaDonnaGypsy
04-12-2002, 04:16 PM
Ugh no... I hated American Psycho... that film is disturbing! :eek: It takes a lot to unnerve me, but that 'chainsaw down stairwell' bit was not nice...

Laura.

Barbara
04-14-2002, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Arizona Ranger
B.D. : I'm sure he has....

Mick is the only Mac Member to have ever appeared before the Kliegs. He's appeared in Running Man and several episodes of Star Trek The Next Generation....

Mick also appeared in a movie a few years go, Mr. Music - he played a record exec and wasn't bad! The movie had the Eva Cassidy version of Songbird on the soundtrack which is gorgeous.

The only thing I remember Lindsey saying about movies is that he likes watching them, and he might like to score one someday. :nod:

Barbara

tyshiria
04-15-2002, 01:21 PM
Shooooooooot..............

At this point I'd watch a video of them eating spaghetti. But then again, they would make that pretty sexy, wouldn't they?

I think we can count on any vids we get being pretty much what they have done in the past, a la seven wonders, LL, Big Love, or like Stevie's recent ones, all being heavy on the symbolism, skirt swishing, and crystal balls with the vaseline lens effects being prominent. I don't really care. They can just keep the camera on Stevie's lips and Lindsey's eyes, and there you have it! Nuff said!

I think I will love whatever visual they come up with.

As far as Thrown Down, or *gasp* Come, well I don't think we will get that lucky!
That would fulfill alot of our fantasies, though wouldn't it?!

(evil grins and cackles)

i know i never post here andi said that i wouldn't after someone here called stevie's music fluff........... but this has got to be the sweetest thing i've evere imagined. kinda silly but sweet. omg! you just said eating a bowl of spaghetti and all i could think of was stevie and linds doing "lady and the tramp"! :lol: remember the spaghetti part?! how sweet is that?!

mimi:)

sulamith
04-15-2002, 02:34 PM
Oh my goodness you are right!

I didn't even catch my own subliminal message. I was trying to think of something NOT sexy, and look what I came up with. LOL! Oh, well, FM just give us all sex on the brain 24/7!
Glad you caught it, though! LOL!

tyshiria
04-15-2002, 02:44 PM
Oh my goodness you are right!

I didn't even catch my own subliminal message. I was trying to think of something NOT sexy, and look what I came up with. LOL! Oh, well, FM just give us all sex on the brain 24/7!
Glad you caught it, though! LOL!

isn't it cute! gosh i just love these two lol!

mimi:nod: ;)

sodascouts
04-15-2002, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by tyshiria
i know i never post here andi said that i wouldn't after someone here called stevie's music fluff........... mimi:)

I hope you're not talking about when I sarastically said that. You know I love Stevie!

Of course, maybe you're referring to something entirely different! I just remember you getting upset about that because you didn't realize I wasn't insulting Stevie, but criticizing those who do.

Just in case there's been a misunderstanding!

tyshiria
04-16-2002, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by sodascouts

I hope you're not talking about when I sarastically said that. You know I love Stevie!

Of course, maybe you're referring to something entirely different! I just remember you getting upset about that because you didn't realize I wasn't insulting Stevie, but criticizing those who do.

Just in case there's been a misunderstanding!

oh it was you? well.............................okay:rolleyes: didn't know if it was sarcastic or not. i just decided to stay away from this board. and how do i know you love stevie? i don't think i've ever seen your sn before or have even talked to you. i may have, but i sure don't remember. have we had conversations before?

mimi:o

DownOnRodeo
04-16-2002, 08:30 AM
I'm as big a solo Stevie fan as the next Ledgie, but I would like to reiterate seeing as the topic's come up - the Space Needle demo is 'fluff' if there ever was a word for it. How can it go for so long?
To be fair, I hold "Shall we meet again" (OOTC) (among other early LB stuff) in equally low regard, but at least that doesnt go for 7 mins!!!

There I said it! Was it just me? What the hell is with that 'song'??:confused: :confused: :confused: :mad: :( :(

BellaDonnaGypsy
04-16-2002, 08:47 AM
OK... can we please not turn this thread into one bashing Stevie's... or Lindsey's.... songs? :( I don't think that calling a song fluff is constructive criticism in any way. If you don't like the song, fine, but do you have to bring it up in that way?

Mimi... if I remember the original thread correctly; Nancy never called Stevie's music fluff, but used that term as an example of how some people (but not herself) see Stevie's music.

Laura.

tyshiria
04-16-2002, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by BellaDonnaGypsy
OK... can we please not turn this thread into one bashing Stevie's... or Lindsey's.... songs? :( I don't think that calling a song fluff is constructive criticism in any way. If you don't like the song, fine, but do you have to bring it up in that way?

Mimi... if I remember the original thread correctly; Nancy never called Stevie's music fluff, but used that term as an example of how some people (but not herself) see Stevie's music.

Laura.

oh ok laura. i understand now. thanks for clearing it up :) and thank you for saying something about the bashing. i didn't want to cause, well, you know me, and you KNOW how that convo will end! lol! see, and that's y i left last time. u feel me?

anyhoo, i'll talk to you later hun.

BellaDonnaGypsy
04-16-2002, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by tyshiria
oh ok laura. i understand now. thanks for clearing it up :) and thank you for saying something about the bashing. i didn't want to cause, well, you know me, and you KNOW how that convo will end! lol! see, and that's y i left last time. u feel me?

anyhoo, i'll talk to you later hun.

I'm glad it's cleared up... I don't like to see people fighting! :)

Hopefully I will talk to you later... I'm in IT class and I've finished the dumbass book things we're supposed to be working through. :rolleyes: But there's no messenger services on these computers, and they'll boot me if I use chatrooms so... :mad: AAARGH! I AM SO BORED! :distress: :o Sorry for the rant, but I had to get that out. :D

Laura.

tyshiria
04-16-2002, 09:38 AM

I'm glad it's cleared up... I don't like to see people fighting! :)

Hopefully I will talk to you later... I'm in IT class and I've finished the dumbass book things we're supposed to be working through. :rolleyes: But there's no messenger services on these computers, and they'll boot me if I use chatrooms so... :mad: AAARGH! I AM SO BORED! :distress: :o Sorry for the rant, but I had to get that out. :D

Laura.

don't be sorry for ranting girl. you know i do it all the time! i hope your day gets better though. mine doesn't look to hot. i hate a lady that works here and i'm trying my best not to say anything to her. so cross your fingers for me and i'll do the same for you. k?

BellaDonnaGypsy
04-16-2002, 12:57 PM
Well, I'm home now... and have to go and do some homework. :rolleyes:

But I have my fingers crossed that the rest of your day is gonna turn out just fine. :)

Laura.

tyshiria
04-16-2002, 01:36 PM
Well, I'm home now... and have to go and do some homework. :rolleyes:

But I have my fingers crossed that the rest of your day is gonna turn out just fine. :)

Laura.

no............we'll talk later :distress:

mimi

Porcelina
04-27-2002, 09:21 PM
Absolutely not.