PDA

View Full Version : Lindseys a bit of a giggler!!

tuigirl
03-30-2002, 06:44 AM
Lets face it...Lindsey comes across as the rather serious, sometimes goofy, brilliant guitar player that he is, but every now and again, when he sings live, a giggle or two just pops out!!!:D. During "Don't Stop" on the Dance dvd comes to mind (we even get to see it as well). Also, on the "Live FM" cd during "Oh Wells"1st lines there's a really good one and yet another (but it's a nervous one) on GYOW. My fav though is the live "Angel" (you need your earphones on- it's so sutble) when Stevie sings the end of the 1st chrous "when you were gooood" ( someone in the background I assume Mick/ John shouts "yeah baby")which throws Linds off a bit and he's like...You were v-e-(giggle)-r-y,very goood....." Ahhhhh, how neat to know he's got a sense of humour:laugh: :laugh: Any other songs out there??????What about Stevie, can't say I've ever heard her giggling!

witchywoman
03-30-2002, 11:43 AM
I think you covered about all that come to my mind.
I think the giggle is very cute, myself.;) Another girl's opinion
of course!:rolleyes: Yes, Lindsey seems to have a great sense of
humor. Wish we could see him more, to see more of it! :nod:

I really can't think of anytime I've heard or seen Stevie giggle.
I think she stays very centered when she sings. Any of the
demos or outtakes I have, she seems to take offense when
the others go off like that. I'm sure she has a good sense of
humor, she just seems to take her music very seriously.:)

Anyone else think of any?:confused:
witchywoman:)

seteca
03-30-2002, 11:50 AM
"Oh Well" - Mirage Tour Rehearsals

"can't help about the shape I'm in I can't sing...and I'm......well....I...........and my legs are thin.......[Mick / producer shouts something sarcastic]..........hahahhhahahaaaaa [Lindsey BURSTS OUT laughing and it echoes through the microphone and it makes him sound like Mickey Mouse]hahahhahahahaha..........don't ask me what I think of you etc etc"

That's my fav.:)

Have you also noticed how he has a tendancy to pause while announcing songs:

"bleed....to love....her".

"this is a new song.......uh....yea....sisters....of the moon."

"...my little........[giggle]...yea......my little demon!!!"

:wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

seteca
03-30-2002, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by witchywoman
....I really can't think of anytime I've heard or seen Stevie giggle. I think she stays very centered when she sings. Any of the
demos or outtakes I have, she seems to take offense when
the others go off like that. I'm sure she has a good sense of
humor, she just seems to take her music very seriously.:)......

Hey!:cool:

Have you heard the studio rehearsal of The Chain from around '77 I think (it's not that long 12 minutes one where they keep on pausing and restarting, it's the other Rumours one about 6 minutes long).....

Lindsey does the guitar intro then when he stops, both her and Lindsey forget / choose not to sing, only Christine sings "Listen to the wind blow" and then they stop.....Stevie cracks up and stars giggling "You chickened out..! Everybody chickened out !!" and she sounds ultra-ultra cute;)

Also on the same recording at the end of the first chorus there's that bit where Stevie usually likes to sing "aaaaaahhhhhhhhh" just after they've sung "never break, never break the chain", but this time she does it really effortlessly (and not in a good way!), she sings "ah-huuh" and Christine makes fun of her and says "huh-huh" and then Stevie does it again to get back at Christine "huh-huh" and then Christine refuses to give up and does it again "huh-huh!!"......then the second verse kicks in! It all happens within about 5 seconds and it's hilarious!!

One of Stevie's less serious moments!

sodascouts
03-30-2002, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by seteca

Dang, I wanna hear that "Oh Well!"

As for the pausing - I noticed it because I do the same thing while I'm teaching. All my students make fun of me for it. "And the thesis statement...always...drives....the paper. It's essential....to the meaning....of your argument." lol

My aunt says it reminds he of William Shatner. I like the idea that Lindsey does it better (no offense Star Trek fans!)

ERigby818
03-30-2002, 01:19 PM
Oh, I really wanna hear that "chickened out" thing. How adorable.

This isn't a singing example of giggling but in the narrated/interview parts of the Words And Music cd, Linds cracks up at the beginning when he's talking about agreeing to name the song "Stephanie"

"Haha, and uh, Stevie said, why don't you call it Stephanie? hehehehe...and I said Ooh-kaaay(giggle) and that's what it was":lol:

The only time I've seen Stevie giggle uncontrollably was in that Japan vid when she's, um...holding that wine glass and making up words.

-Sonia

witchywoman
03-30-2002, 03:42 PM
No Seteca, I haven't heard that one. Probably why I
don't remember hearing Stevie ever have the giggles.:laugh:
I imagine there are a lot of outtakes that have that kind
of stuff on them. Guess I'll have to start looking for more
of the unpolished stuff, Seems they have the most fun
on those. Hahaha.:D
Thanks for the example, I was hoping she wasn't a
all work and no play, kinda gal.

witchywoman:)

wondergirl9847
03-30-2002, 05:58 PM

"can't help about the shape I'm in I can't sing...and I'm......well....I...........and my legs are thin.......[Mick / producer shouts something sarcastic]..........hahahhhahahaaaaa [Lindsey BURSTS OUT laughing and it echoes through the microphone and it makes him sound like Mickey Mouse]hahahhahahahaha..........don't ask me what I think of you etc etc"

That's my fav.:)

AAAHHH!!!! I wanna hear this "Oh Well", where can I find it, AudioGalaxy??? Please help, somebody, anybody!!!! :D:D:D:D:nod::nod:

seteca
03-30-2002, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by wondergirl9847

AAAHHH!!!! I wanna hear this "Oh Well", where can I find it, AudioGalaxy??? Please help, somebody, anybody!!!!

Hey Wondergirl9847:wavey:

I can email it to you if you want, it's 2.79MB. (Let me know!)

(It'll take me about 10 seconds...yep..i'm showing off my new connection!!! :D :D)

And if anyone else wants it let me know!!

Greta
03-30-2002, 09:52 PM
hey, seteca, i'm gonna take you up on that offer, if you don't mind.....i'd love to hear that.......lol, my email addy is
OhSacredOne27@aol.com

thanks a lot!

wondergirl9847
03-30-2002, 10:28 PM

Hey Wondergirl9847:wavey:

(It'll take me about 10 seconds...yep..i'm showing off my new connection!!! :D :D)

Seteca!! You are the best!! My email is wondergirl9847@yahoo.com I just hope I can accept that in an email, if not, do you have AIM, I can get it through that. You are the man, seteca!! Thanks for doing this for us Lindsey lovers!! :nod: :thumbsup:

sodascouts
03-30-2002, 11:34 PM

I'd love to get it as well! My e-mail address is: SodaScouts@aol.com.

Thank you so much! You're a wonderful human being. ;-)

seteca
03-31-2002, 12:04 AM
Ok I sent it to everyone who wanted it!

If anyone else wants it just let me know!

BellaDonnaGypsy
03-31-2002, 10:00 AM
I'd love to hear this one... you better send it to my mother's account because Hotmail is evil:

pat.mountain@btinternet.com

Thanks!

Laura.

seteca
03-31-2002, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by BellaDonnaGypsy
I'd love to hear this one... you better send it to my mother's account because Hotmail is evil:

pat.mountain@btinternet.com

Thanks!

Laura.

Done!!!

rhiannon1119
03-31-2002, 11:58 AM
Oh I would love to hear that. Seteca would you mind sending it to me at rhiannon1119@aol.com. Thanks! You are the best! :wavey:

:) Michelle

seteca
03-31-2002, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by rhiannon1119
Oh I would love to hear that. Seteca would you mind sending it to me at rhiannon1119@aol.com. Thanks! You are the best! :wavey:

Sent!!

Skylark
03-31-2002, 03:28 PM
:wavey: Hi seteca...
Lindsey giggles a lot! The last Dance Tour taping he's
acting :D giddy! He is teasing the girls and giggling!!!
He almost knocks himself out on stage! :D ;)

Please include me in/.anything about Our Liddy Buck!!!:eek:
just pop in/ cam@usachoice.net!!!! Thanks a LOT! Bye, Sky:)

nodmod
03-31-2002, 03:41 PM

Thanks Seteca for pointing this out, just went back and listened to it, can't work out what the sarcasm is though.

Jo and Jensen
03-31-2002, 09:17 PM
There is an absolutely adorable giggle from Lindsey and even some horsing around from Stevie on The Missing Links bootleg collection during the demo for Eyes of the World...the one where Lindsey is just woah-ohhing his way through the song and Stevie throws in some lyrics from what will become her song Enchanted later. They are having a good time in this song and it is one of my favorites just because of the honesty in it.
They both crack up at one point too! :) Makes me wonder what they were doing to have so much fun! LOL!

Also, don't they both laugh during the I've Been Loving You Too Long duet?

Emmeline
04-01-2002, 03:36 AM
Seteca, you're an angel! I'd love to have that too! My e-mail addy is: wild_heart@hushmail.com

Thanks!

~Emma~

linsluv
04-01-2002, 01:34 PM
I remember a distinct Stevie giggle during the end of Landslide on the Dance version....... slight, but it was there. During that pause when she looked at Lindsey ("Snow covered........ *giggle*hills...") :)

rhiannon1119
04-01-2002, 02:33 PM
Seteca.. thanks for sending it to me. I will have to listen to it later today.

Linsluv.. yes... I do remember Stevie slightly giggling during that particular part of Landslide.

jeffles
04-01-2002, 03:55 PM
One song that display LB's occasional goofiness are "Johnny Stew", with the howling, etc towards the end of the tune.

seteca
04-01-2002, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by rhiannon1119
Seteca.. thanks for sending it to me. I will have to listen to it later today.....

You're very welcome Michelle!! Hope you liked it!!:)

Ok, I've now sent it to everyone who gave me their email address or sent me a private message. Seeing as there were a lot of requests I tried my best to send it to everyone who asked for it but if you asked for it and you still haven't received it, let me know.

Hope you all enjoyed it!:D

wondergirl9847
04-01-2002, 11:13 PM
That Lindsey giggle is GREATNESS!!!! :thumbsup: He just apparently went blank, I do that ALOT!! :nod::laugh: LOL I can't make out the "sarcasm" either. Hmmm....isn't that wierd? LOL That is pretty weed. :lol:

THANK YOU SETECA!!!! :thumbsup:

Johnny Stew
04-01-2002, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by jeffles
One song that display LB's occasional goofiness are "Johnny Stew", with the howling, etc towards the end of the tune.

Lindsey gets goofy when he says my name?
Aww.
I wuv you too Lindsey.
;)

Johnny Stew

AliP
04-02-2002, 12:39 AM

Have you heard the studio rehearsal of The Chain from around '77 I think (it's not that long 12 minutes one where they keep on pausing and restarting, it's the other Rumours one about 6 minutes long).....

Lindsey does the guitar intro then when he stops, both her and Lindsey forget / choose not to sing, only Christine sings "Listen to the wind blow" and then they stop.....Stevie cracks up and stars giggling "You chickened out..! Everybody chickened out !!" and she sounds ultra-ultra cute;)

Also on the same recording at the end of the first chorus there's that bit where Stevie usually likes to sing "aaaaaahhhhhhhhh" just after they've sung "never break, never break the chain", but this time she does it really effortlessly (and not in a good way!), she sings "ah-huuh" and Christine makes fun of her and says "huh-huh" and then Stevie does it again to get back at Christine "huh-huh" and then Christine refuses to give up and does it again "huh-huh!!"......then the second verse kicks in! It all happens within about 5 seconds and it's hilarious!!

I was just curious.....what bootleg or cd is this version of "The Chain" on? I would really like to hear it. I may have it but I have lost track of all these different versions. Any help is greatly appreciated! :)

Emmeline
04-02-2002, 11:44 AM
Thanks Seteca! I listened to "Oh well" today, and I must say, it was kinda cool, he's just so cute :)

~Emma~

seteca
04-02-2002, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Emmeline
Thanks Seteca! I listened to "Oh well" today, and I must say, it was kinda cool, he's just so cute :)

~Emma~

You're welcome Emma!!:)

Originally posted by AliP
I was just curious.....what bootleg or cd is this version of "The Chain" on? I would really like to hear it. I may have it but I have lost track of all these different versions. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hey AliP:cool:

I don't know what the source of this track is. I got it from AG but I can't remember who I downloaded it from. It should still be there as "The Chain - Studio Rehearsal."

wondergirl9847
04-04-2002, 08:45 PM

Hey!:cool:

I downloaded it from AudioGalaxy, and it is funny!! :lol: That "huh-huh" part killed!! :laugh: Everyone should go download it from AG, it's greatness!! Search under Fleetwood Mac Studio Rehearsal. Thanks for the heads up, seteca!! Anyone else have any rehearsal or demo/outtake suggestions we all HAVE to hear? THREAD IDEA! LOL

sodascouts
04-11-2002, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by nodmod

Thanks Seteca for pointing this out, just went back and listened to it, can't work out what the sarcasm is though.

I was listening to it on headphones and here's what I think it is:

After Lindsey says "I can't sing and....and my legs are thin"

Somebody yells "Dude, your face is worse!!"

BellaDonnaGypsy
04-12-2002, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by sodascouts

I was listening to it on headphones and here's what I think it is:

After Lindsey says "I can't sing and....and my legs are thin"

Somebody yells "Dude, your face is worse!!"
ROTFLMAO! :laugh: No wonder he laughed... ;)

Laura.

Laurrhi
04-16-2002, 03:38 AM
I always check in, like, three days after I should have :mad: Seteca, if you're still emailing that clip, I would love you forever if you sent it to me.... LauraKL16@aol.com please? Pretty please?

:wavey:

Laura

seteca
04-16-2002, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Laurrhi
I always check in, like, three days after I should have :mad: Seteca, if you're still emailing that clip, I would love you forever if you sent it to me.... LauraKL16@aol.com please? Pretty please?

:wavey:

Laura

It's in ur inbox Laura!!:)

larg
04-28-2002, 08:49 PM
Wow! Its been a while since I last posted here... But I think I am back now, for good. :) Anyway, could you send me that Oh Well, too, pleeeeease? I would be in your gratitude!!

arichar4@maine.rr.com

Adam R.

wondergirl9847
04-28-2002, 08:52 PM
Welcome back, Adam!! :D :cool:

seteca
04-29-2002, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by larg
Wow! Its been a while since I last posted here... But I think I am back now, for good. :) Anyway, could you send me that Oh Well, too, pleeeeease? I would be in your gratitude!!

arichar4@maine.rr.com

Adam R.

Hi Adam!:wavey:

It's in ur inbox. Hope you like it.:)

I M P O R T A N T:
As a side note I just wanna say that was the last time I'm sending this file out...so no more requests please. Thanks.:)

Lindsfan
09-16-2012, 09:44 PM

"can't help about the shape I'm in I can't sing...and I'm......well....I...........and my legs are thin.......[Mick / producer shouts something sarcastic]..........hahahhhahahaaaaa [Lindsey BURSTS OUT laughing and it echoes through the microphone and it makes him sound like Mickey Mouse]hahahhahahahaha..........don't ask me what I think of you etc etc"That's my fav.:)

Have you also noticed how he has a tendancy to pause while announcing songs:"bleed....to love....her".

Was going through old threads and found this. Apparently a whole bunch of Ledgies had seteca email this to them. If anyone still has it, and would be able to share it, I'd be eternally grateful :angel:

And Elle, erwk05, and Mctrouble, I couldn't help but think of his shoutout to us in Chicago, upon reading that second part... "some wonderful...um...people..." :lol:

elle
09-16-2012, 09:49 PM
And Elle, erwk05, and Mctrouble, I couldn't help but think of his shoutout to us in Chicago, upon reading that second part... "some wonderful...um...people..." :lol:

don't forget Erin!

Lindsfan
09-16-2012, 09:55 PM
don't forget Erin!

I could never forget Erin :shocked: :wavey: but to keep it simple, I just kept it to our little 4-top table.

Erin
09-17-2012, 11:21 AM
I could never forget Erin :shocked: :wavey: but to keep it simple, I just kept it to our little 4-top table.

Don't worry, I'm not wonderful! ;) I don't think he meant me anyway, since y'all had seen him so many times, and he just met me the day before! He did look at me during Trouble and nod his head and say yeah, like yes I'm going to play RAB, stop looking so pissed! ;)

Lindsfan
09-17-2012, 01:34 PM
Don't worry, I'm not wonderful! ;) I don't think he meant me anyway, since y'all had seen him so many times, and he just met me the day before! He did look at me during Trouble and nod his head and say yeah, like yes I'm going to play RAB, stop looking so pissed! ;)

LOL Erin...you're definitely wonderful and I don't have to pause and think about that as Lindsey did with us :laugh: Plus you got us RAB that night which makes you even more wonderful! Oh, and I know only too well the look you're talking about :o

elle
09-17-2012, 06:12 PM

no wiggling out of this one Erin - you were primarily responsible for him doing RAB that second evening. and of course, Della writing it on his setlist the first night... so you definitely count in those "wonderful... people"!

in all honesty, i think he was planning to do RAB the second night all along... he fully expected someone will ask for it. seems whenever he had 2 shows in a row in the same place, he'd add it the second night (think bb kings). he was just looking for an excuse to do it the second night. and he didn't want to do it that first evening, although it was added to the setlist and you yelled for it.

i was hoping we'd get him to do RAB that first night, b/c i thought there was no chance for WATL next night if he didn't... and that's basically what he said during m&g when i asked him to do WATL (i promised to do RAB... don't you all want RAB... didn't you all ask for RAB tonight... ok then, i'll do RAB for you, etc etc).

never did it crossed my mind that he'd actually even consider doing 2 requests! but he knew we wanted it, and he had it written right in front of him the whole evening as a request - so he knew we could be obnoxiously persistent. in actuality Della probably saved the situation - and definitely gave it that last push - by yelling "at least do one line!"... after which he launched right into it. and he ended up doing more, the whole verse. so it is completely to his credit that he was open to doing both!:nod::thumbsup:

and in the end, it was unbelievably amazing for everybody there!!:] (and many who enjoyed seeing the videos of it!)

i can't tell you how many people came to me after the show, feeling like they witnessed and were a part of something extraordinary, amazing, and historical, considering he has never done WATL live before (as far as we know), in 33 years since Tusk came out!

McTrouble
09-17-2012, 07:00 PM
no wiggling out of this one Erin - you were primarily responsible for him doing RAB that second evening. and of course, Della writing it on his setlist the first night... so you definitely count in those "wonderful... people"!

in all honesty, i think he was planning to do RAB the second night all along... he fully expected someone will ask for it. seems whenever he had 2 shows in a row in the same place, he'd add it the second night (think bb kings). he was just looking for an excuse to do it the second night. and he didn't want to do it that first evening, although it was added to the setlist and you yelled for it.

i was hoping we'd get him to do RAB that first night, b/c i thought there was no chance for WATL next night if he didn't... and that's basically what he said during m&g when i asked him to do WATL (i promised to do RAB... don't you all want RAB... didn't you all ask for RAB tonight... ok then, i'll do RAB for you, etc etc).

never did it crossed my mind that he'd actually even consider doing 2 requests! but he knew we wanted it, and he had it written right in front of him the whole evening as a request - so he knew we could be obnoxiously persistent. in actuality Della probably saved the situation - and definitely gave it that last push - by yelling "at least do one line!"... after which he launched right into it. and he ended up doing more, the whole verse. so it is completely to his credit that he was open to doing both!:nod::thumbsup:

and in the end, it was unbelievably amazing for everybody there!!:] (and many who enjoyed seeing the videos of it!)

i can't tell you how many people came to me after the show, feeling like they witnessed and were a part of something extraordinary, amazing, and historical, considering he has never done WATL live before (as far as we know), in 33 years since Tusk came out!

Just reading all this made me remember just how amazing it was!!!!! :nod:

Erin
09-17-2012, 07:34 PM

You're making me laugh. :) I am a wiggler by nature. How many times have you watched the WATL video?

elle
09-17-2012, 07:41 PM
You're making me laugh. :) I am a wiggler by nature. How many times have you watched the WATL video?

lol. impossible to count. we watched it all together over and over during breakfast in GB next day. plus - it's so short!:rolleyes:

at first i hated that you can hear us singing with him... and it almost looked like a kids' singalong, with his simple strumming... then when i read other people's comments ("the whole audience on backing vocals" from egg cream, for example), i started liking that part too.

Lindsfan
09-17-2012, 09:06 PM
Was going through old threads and found this. Apparently a whole bunch of Ledgies had seteca email this to them. If anyone still has it, and would be able to share it, I'd be eternally grateful :angel:

Thank you Christy (wondergirl9847) :xoxo: for sharing this:

http://www.mediafire.com/?t0tpzqacgv2as97

You rock! :nod: