PDA

View Full Version : Tulsa Videos

vivfox
10-03-2018, 09:01 PM
The Chain:

https://www.facebook.com/ultimateclassicrock/videos/vb.107710719302307/1905734906169141/?type=2&theater

SpyNote
10-03-2018, 09:04 PM
Set List

The Chain
Little Lies
Dreams
Second Hand News
Say You Love Me
Black Magic Woman (1968 - Stevie on lead)
I Got You (Split Enz)
Everywhere
Rhiannon
Tell Me All Things You Do (from Kiln House)
Storms
World Turning
Band intros
Hypnotized (from Mystery to Me, Neil on lead)
Oh Well (Mike on lead)
Don't Dream It's Over (Crowded House) (Stevie and Neil on lead)
Landslide
Isn’t It Midnight
Monday Morning
You Make Loving Fun
Gold Dust Woman
Go Your Own Way
Free Fallin’
Don’t Stop
All Over Again (from Time)

This should be it, though the order of the songs may be slightly off.

vivfox
10-03-2018, 09:12 PM
Rhiannon & Tell Me All The Things You Do

https://www.facebook.com/jimmy.turner.961/videos/10218048266345190/?hc_ref=ARTSq3B4TN-fQmxFVmHxjY2zY_2P18dNTCfsbFU19BFMbc5vPm4VqL3uaW9b5cUeMF0&fref=gs&dti=1147290368619068&hc_location=group

StevieandChris
10-03-2018, 09:15 PM
I think Stevie sounds really good tonight, saw a clip of Dreams on another board. Excited to see them in March.

sleepless child
10-03-2018, 09:20 PM
Tell me isn't as good as when they did it early into the rumours tour. I actually listened a few days ago to a concert I have where they did this song. They dropped it as they got more into the tour. Lindsey, and Stevie and Chris's voices back then had better sound. This version with Neil sounds a bit tinny.

I always liked this song too. Surprised at the set list. Black Magic Woman. With Stevie singing. Interesting.

Sugar Mouse
10-03-2018, 09:24 PM
Set List

The Chain
You Make Loving Fun
Dreams
Second Hand News
Say You Love Me
Black Magic Woman (1968)
Everywhere
I Got You (Split Enz)
Rhiannon
Storms
Landslide
Over My Head

"Storms" ... wow. And "I Got You" ... double wow. And "Tell Me All The Things You Do" ... triple wow.

KenshiMaster16
10-03-2018, 09:27 PM
"Storms" ... wow. And "I Got You" ... double wow. And "Tell Me All The Things You Do" ... triple wow.

So far the only person not to impress returning song wise is Christine.

AliceLover
10-03-2018, 09:28 PM
Wow, this is 10x worse than I thought it would be. What horrific choices.

vivfox
10-03-2018, 09:29 PM
Dreams, Second Hand News, Say You Love Me, Black Magic Woman:

Video deleted by original poster

vivfox
10-03-2018, 09:31 PM
OMG wow I am impressed with Stevie singing Black Magic Woman! I would have bet my life on it that it would have been one of the new guys singing it and am floored Stevie has the lead vocal on it.

kak125
10-03-2018, 09:34 PM
World Turning & Hypnotized

vivfox
10-03-2018, 09:37 PM
Black Magic Woman:

https://www.facebook.com/crystallineknowledgetumblr/videos/302929603872965/?hc_ref=ARRx5DOMLeLL13PIuBDGckJ3-LbZfI8LmvmIPJQ43DejNOKAcvXEkyQKzPuZbzj3h5I&fref=gs&dti=15365527441&hc_location=group

vivfox
10-03-2018, 09:38 PM
Storms:

https://www.facebook.com/crystallineknowledgetumblr/videos/345335642885055/?hc_ref=ART91unUUYdOnk4-gVNadhKAzgmGrEUZK2qzA9tUZCQCeBznXYsAblDy7dyDZX3au6I&__xts__[0]=68.ARCDTmSZdI3HUXXKqAl1ptTNAPrroYJvbwHRgiNcmNbxeywrR4q_5L8ET40br3Bm-Li_6QEf7Ly2pI2tJjWLCWHmatcpVQACXe-KxCtIyuervpJqQoAnJpOgm490ZI-qSUx-uKs5jpJfGUlZwBs8BMQ5seWP0gKmv4spRCunP1B-nwysq4lfynlyLi-7BPYsr8_oeStMwQPzuOLf5wYyrkCtaPhb1g5B-LMKH2zCsPw&__tn__=FC-R

AliceLover
10-03-2018, 09:41 PM
Depressing. This is way more depressing than I thought it would be.

kak125
10-03-2018, 09:43 PM
Oh well! This setlist is amazing!

rockhopper
10-03-2018, 09:45 PM
BMW sounds awesome; Stevie's vocal and Mike's lead knocked that one out of the park. WOW

StevieandChris
10-03-2018, 09:46 PM

LOL. So sell your ticket already!

vivfox
10-03-2018, 09:46 PM

Oh Jimmy don't be a debbie downer. This is a fantastic setlist so far.

Kubrick2788
10-03-2018, 09:49 PM
Glad to see Storms is on a setlist again after missing the Unleashed show twice. It could only be better if Sara and Sentimental Lady pop up. Fingers crossed.

kak125
Don’t Dream It’s Over

Netter75
Interesting setlist! Very impressed with Hypnotized, Black Magic Woman, Oh Well and Tell Me All the Things You Do. Storms is also a great bonus. Good to know I'll get to see one of Stevie's Tusk songs live.

It's odd that Don't Stop, Go Your Own Way, Little Lies, Gold Dust Woman, and Free Fallin' weren't included. Maybe later in the tour?

Also I know I have no pretense for this, but where the flying F@#$ is ISNT IT MIDNIGHT? :lol:

EDIT: Ignore me, I just realized the show isn't over yet lol

EDIT 2: I just saw IIM on the setlist and I audibly squealed

AliceLover
10-03-2018, 09:51 PM
LOL. So sell your ticket already!

I’m thinking about it...yikes. :sorry:

kak125
10-03-2018, 09:51 PM
Little Lies was played at least according to Twitter

Sugar Mouse
10-03-2018, 09:52 PM
Storms:

https://www.facebook.com/crystallineknowledgetumblr/videos/345335642885055/?hc_ref=ART91unUUYdOnk4-gVNadhKAzgmGrEUZK2qzA9tUZCQCeBznXYsAblDy7dyDZX3au6I&__xts__[0]=68.ARCDTmSZdI3HUXXKqAl1ptTNAPrroYJvbwHRgiNcmNbxeywrR4q_5L8ET40br3Bm-Li_6QEf7Ly2pI2tJjWLCWHmatcpVQACXe-KxCtIyuervpJqQoAnJpOgm490ZI-qSUx-uKs5jpJfGUlZwBs8BMQ5seWP0gKmv4spRCunP1B-nwysq4lfynlyLi-7BPYsr8_oeStMwQPzuOLf5wYyrkCtaPhb1g5B-LMKH2zCsPw&__tn__=FC-R

"Storms" sounds so good!

bwboy
10-03-2018, 09:53 PM
Wow, this is 10x worse than I thought it would be. What horrific choices.

By all means posting how much you hate the set list so far- it's actually hilarious reading how many different ways you say the same thing :laugh:

gldstwmn
10-03-2018, 09:54 PM
Oh Jimmy don't be a debbie downer. This is a fantastic setlist so far.

Yes it is. Fleetwood Mac shaking up the set list big time. Gee I wonder what caused that to happen? :shocked: :lol:

AliceLover
10-03-2018, 09:57 PM
By all means posting how much you hate the set list so far- it's actually hilarious reading how many different ways you say the same thing :laugh:

From the last couple Mac tours, not to mention Stevie’s AMAZING 24k gold tour (I’m not kidding, amazing set), this is just sad to me. I thought they might be able to pull it off, but I didn’t realize how much I would miss Lindsey. Sorry, just my opinion. Glad others like it.

Nicks Fan
10-03-2018, 10:06 PM
Yes it is. Fleetwood Mac shaking up the set list big time. Gee I wonder what caused that to happen? :shocked: :lol:

SN demanded they play old stuff and Mick did what she wanted because he has no loyalty to others in the band. Remember for 10 years when Lindsey was NOT in FM. They sure did a ton of pre 75 material.... NOT. lol

The addition of these songs is only because 1) SN demanded it and 2) They have to justify another GH cash grab tour vs actually doing new music.

WatchChain
10-03-2018, 10:09 PM
From the last couple Mac tours, not to mention Stevie’s AMAZING 24k gold tour (I’m not kidding, amazing set), this is just sad to me. I thought they might be able to pull it off, but I didn’t realize how much I would miss Lindsey. Sorry, just my opinion. Glad others like it.

Gosh, Alice....you sure seem down about the set list. Sorry to hear that, girl. Have a glass of whine, I'm sure some alcohol will cheer you up. Look on the bright side, at least we're not channeling the Vito/Burnett playbook tonight!

#WhinePriestess #MiseryHotel #IncessantWhine :lol::lol::xoxo::nod:

Frankenstein
10-03-2018, 10:21 PM
I will give credit where it’s due. Props to them for shaking things up a bit.

Also, is the show still going or is it over? Because if it’s not, ending with GDW is an odd choice.

bombaysaffires
10-03-2018, 10:55 PM
some of the performances aren't bad at all.

But it really is the Stevie Nicks and Friends show.

KenshiMaster16
10-03-2018, 10:57 PM
Wow, they did All Over Again. Holy crap.

thepoetinmyhear
10-03-2018, 10:57 PM
Wow, they did All Over Again. Holy crap.

This would be amazing and absolutely blow my mind.

Sugar Mouse
10-03-2018, 11:11 PM
Set List from Tulsa (October 3, 2018)

The Chain
Little Lies
Dreams
Second Hand News
Say You Love Me
Black Magic Woman
Everywhere
I Got You (Split Enz)
Rhiannon
Tell Me All the Things You Do
Storms
World Turning
Hypnotized
Don't Dream It's Over (Crowded House)
Landslide
Isn't It Midnight
Monday Morning
You Make Loving Fun
Gold Dust Woman
Go Your Own Way
Free Fallin' (Tom Petty)
Don't Stop

WatchChain
10-03-2018, 11:16 PM
Set List from Tulsa (October 3, 2018)

The Chain
Little Lies
Dreams
Second Hand News
Say You Love Me
Black Magic Woman
Everywhere
I Got You (Split Enz)
Rhiannon
Tell Me All the Things You Do
Storms
World Turning
Hypnotized
Don't Dream It's Over (Crowded House)
Landslide
Isn't It Midnight
Monday Morning
You Make Loving Fun
Gold Dust Woman
Go Your Own Way
Free Fallin' (Tom Petty)
Don't Stop

Did they close the show with "Songbird"?

SpyNote
10-03-2018, 11:17 PM
SN demanded they play old stuff and Mick did what she wanted because he has no loyalty to others in the band. Remember for 10 years when Lindsey was NOT in FM. They sure did a ton of pre 75 material.... NOT. lol

The addition of these songs is only because 1) SN demanded it and 2) They have to justify another GH cash grab tour vs actually doing new music.

The only thing I would have added was something from Behind the Mask, like "Save Me." But aside from that, I think they did a great job of commemorating the band's golden anniversary.

KenshiMaster16
10-03-2018, 11:21 PM
Did they close the show with "Songbird"?

They closed with All Over Again reimagined as a duet between Christine and Stevie, with Neil on keys.

MikeInNV
10-03-2018, 11:22 PM
Set List

The Chain
Little Lies
Dreams
Second Hand News
Say You Love Me
Black Magic Woman (1968 - Stevie on lead)
I Got You (Split Enz)
Everywhere
Rhiannon
Storms
World Turning
Band intros
Hypnotized (from Mystery to Me, Neil on lead)
Oh Well (Mike on lead)
Don't Dream It's Over (Crowded House) (Stevie and Neil on lead)
Landslide
Songbird
Monday Morning
You Make Loving Fun
Gold Dust Woman
Go Your Own Way
Free Fallin’
Don’t Stop
All Over Again

This should be it, though the order of the songs may be slightly off.

I believe "Isn't It Midnight" followed Landslide, but otherwise yes.

mitzo
10-03-2018, 11:25 PM
Quite a fresh combination of stuff, now I want to go to a show!

WatchChain
10-03-2018, 11:29 PM
They closed with All Over Again reimagined as a duet between Christine and Stevie, with Neil on keys.

Ok. Well thanks for changing up the set list, Fleetwood Mac. While I haven't been elated with Lindsey's departure, I do appreciated you trying to shake up the set list. It's an honorable try.

I can't imagine why the show would not be closed with "Songbird"-the tune is iconic. While I don't always like the same set lists, "Songbird" belongs at the end of the show-it's a heartfelt outro.

SpyNote
10-03-2018, 11:32 PM
Quite a fresh combination of stuff, now I want to go to a show!

It's QUITE a set list. I'd imagine one or two might drop off. But hopefully they can play most of this show until the end. Just wow.

Netter75
10-03-2018, 11:36 PM
I can't imagine why the show would not be closed with "Songbird"-the tune is iconic. While I don't always like the same set lists, "Songbird" belongs at the end of the show-it's a heartfelt outro.

What better way to close a show from a farewell tour than with a song whose lyrics go:

"Well it's time to say goodnight
And finally turn out the light"

and

"Well it's it's time to move on to the rain
And finally break the chain
In spite of the heartaches
And troubles in love
I'd do it all over (do it all over)
Do it all over again"

Underrated tune. Shocked they pulled it out but very impressed.

secondhandchain
10-03-2018, 11:37 PM
It's QUITE a set list. I'd imagine one or two might drop off. But hopefully they can play most of this show until the end. Just wow.

It's not that different. Please. Hardly ANYTHING from tusk. A direct FU to Lindsey.

KenshiMaster16
10-03-2018, 11:38 PM
What better way to close a show from a farewell tour than with a song whose lyrics go:

"Well it's time to say goodnight
And finally turn out the light"

and

"Well it's it's time to move on to the rain
And finally break the chain
In spite of the heartaches
And troubles in love
I'd do it all over (do it all over)
Do it all over again"

Underrated tune. Shocked they pulled it out but very impressed.

Definitely a message to Lindsey.

StevieandChris
10-03-2018, 11:39 PM
It's not that different. Please. Hardly ANYTHING from tusk.

LOL :blob2::wavey::laugh:

Kubrick2788
10-03-2018, 11:45 PM
Is this a FM show...without Gypsy...? Whoa.

gldstwmn
10-03-2018, 11:49 PM
Is this a FM show...without Gypsy...? Whoa.
After Ellen I had a feeling it wouldn't make the cut.

Netter75
10-03-2018, 11:55 PM
It's not that different. Please. Hardly ANYTHING from tusk. A direct FU to Lindsey.

...it's exactly 1/3 songs they NEVER play plus three covers. The most variety we got in the past was one dredged up Tusk song from Stevie or Lindsey or the electric version of Go Insane. For Fleetwood Mac, given their history as a touring oldies band, you have to admit that's staggering.

Also the band may be petty but I doubt they didn't include many songs from Tusk as a manifestation of their feelings towards Lindsey Buckingham. Christine never played any of hers consistently anyway and Stevie pulls out hers at random. This is the real world here. I'm obviously not familiar with the band personally, but I doubt they are the monstrous caricatures that statement makes them out to be, even if we don't agree with their decision.

Plus they didn't cover Mirage at all.

gldstwmn
10-03-2018, 11:57 PM

Yes I know it's all Stevie's fault. :lol: :lol: :lol: Tell Me sounds amazing!

Sugar Mouse
10-04-2018, 12:03 AM
Despite all the Lindsey backlash and the shaky Ellen performance, the band sounded great tonight. Stevie and Christine were in good form. Neil and Mike fit in very well. And Mick and John were a solid backbone as usual.

gldstwmn
10-04-2018, 12:07 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fQ-6qNRsQ2A" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sugar Mouse
10-04-2018, 12:12 AM
I don't know what happened to Stevie on the Ellen Show, but she was incredible tonight. Her voice was fantastic.

gldstwmn
10-04-2018, 12:14 AM
I don't know what happened to Stevie on the Ellen Show, but she was incredible tonight. Her voice was fantastic.

They way she stood there and looked at Tom on the screen at the end... I almost cried.

Sugar Mouse
10-04-2018, 12:16 AM
LOL :blob2::wavey::laugh:

They did arguably the best song on Tusk tonight ... "Storms". I am so beyond thrilled that they brought back that masterpiece of a song.

gldstwmn
10-04-2018, 12:24 AM
Here come the reviews. Kudos to these folks for keeping us up to date on Twitter.
http://ultimateclassicrock.com/fleetwood-mac-2018-set-list-opening-night/

Fleetwood Mac kicked off their first tour since the recent departure of Lindsey Buckingham tonight in Tulsa, Oklahoma with a 24-song set that showcased both the band's storied history and its two newest members.
If you were expecting longtime bassist John McVie to serve as the evening's host, well... no. Instead and quite more logically, Stevie Nicks took the master of ceremonies role on most occasions, warmly greeting the crowd after the opening "The Chain" and establishing herself as first among equals with particularly strong performances of songs including "Black Magic Woman" (a 1968 Peter Green-fronted single later made famous by Santana), "Rhiannon" and "Gold Dust Woman."
Former Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers guitarist Mike Campbell made his very welcome presence felt early and often with frequent extended solos. At this extremely early stage his somewhat rough, loose style understandably hasn't fully grafted with the band's more polished sound, but the newly-configured band's take on the Green-era gem "Oh Well" points a clear path towards such a meeting of the minds.
The band dug deeper into their non-Buckingham history than they have in recent years with set list additions such as 1970's "Tell Me All the Things You Do" and 1973's "Hypnotized," which Mick Fleetwood dedicated to former bandmate Bob Welch.
They also made plenty of room for the band's other new member, Crowded House and Split Enz veteran Neil Finn, who took lead vocals for Mac classics such as "Second Hand News" as well as his own "I Got You" and a duet with Nicks on "Don't Dream It's Over." The band's elders took extra time to praise the latter song, with Fleetwood declaring it "opened many doors in my heart," and Nicks admitting that she'd always thought, "Boy, I'd really love to sing that song someday."

The encore began with Nicks taking the lead on a tribute to her dear friend Tom Petty via a cover of "Free Fallin'," moved onto "Don't Stop" and concluded with a poignant Nicks and Chrstine McVie duet on 1995's "All Over Again": "Well it's it's time to move on to the rain / And finally break the chain / In spite of the heartaches / And troubles in love / I'd do it all over again."

Fleetwood Mac Set List, Oct. 3, 2018 - Tulsa, Oklahoma

1. "The Chain"
2. "Little Lies"
3. "Dreams"
4. "Second Hand News" (Neil Finn on vocals)
5. "Say You Love Me"
6. "Black Magic Woman" (1968 single, Stevie Nicks on vocals)
7. "Everywhere"
8. "I Got You" (Split Enz cover, Finn on vocals)
9. "Rhiannon"
10. "Tell Me All the Things You Do" (from Kiln House, 1970)
11. "Storms"
12. "World Turning" (featuring drum / percussion duel)
13. "Hypnotized" (from Mystery to Me, 1973, Finn on vocals)
14. "Oh Well" (Mike Campbell on vocals)
15. "Don't Dream It's Over" (Crowded House cover, Finn and Nicks duet)
16. "Landslide"
17. "Isn't It Midnight" (from Tango in the Night, 1987)
18. "Monday Morning"
19. "You Make Loving Fun"
20. "Gold Dust Woman"
21. "Go Your Own Way"
encore
22. "Free Fallin'" (Tom Petty cover, Nicks on vocals)
23. "Don't Stop"
24. "All Over Again" (From Time, 1995 - Nicks and Christine McVie on vocals)

AncientQueen
10-04-2018, 12:46 AM
Actually, that set list sounds kinda ...great!?!
I want to hear "Isn't it Midnight" and especially "Hypnotized" right now. A Bob Welch song?
Suprisingly good choices.

Netter75
10-04-2018, 12:56 AM
Actually, that set list sounds kinda ...great!?!
I want to hear "Isn't it Midnight" and especially "Hypnotized" right now. A Bob Welch song?
Suprisingly good choices.

Isn't It Midnight blew my mind. Of all the songs, I hope that one stays in the setlist by the time I get to see them.

It was nice to hear that they dedicated Hypnotized to Welch.

secondhandchain
10-04-2018, 01:07 AM
They did freaking GO YOUR OWN WAY???? Disgusting cash grab tour and they should all be ashamed of themselves. GROSS

secondhandchain
10-04-2018, 01:09 AM
Despite all the Lindsey backlash and the shaky Ellen performance, the band sounded great tonight. Stevie and Christine were in good form. Neil and Mike fit in very well. And Mick and John were a solid backbone as usual.

Either you ARE mick or he's paying you. I can't figure out which.

FuzzyPlum
10-04-2018, 01:34 AM
Could somebody please confirm who sang lead vocals on Tell Me All the Things You Do, Monday Morning and Go Your Own Way?
I'm assuming Neil Finn, but confirmation would be appreciated.
thanks

gldstwmn
10-04-2018, 01:36 AM
They did freaking GO YOUR OWN WAY???? Disgusting cash grab tour and they should all be ashamed of themselves. GROSS

Honestly I wish they'd drop it and do another pre 1975 or deep cut.

gldstwmn
10-04-2018, 01:38 AM
Could somebody please confirm who sang lead vocals on Tell Me All the Things You Do, Monday Morning and Go Your Own Way?
I'm assuming Neil Finn, but confirmation would be appreciated.
thanks

Christine sang Tell Me, haven't seen the other two yet.

SteveMacD
10-04-2018, 02:42 AM
They did freaking GO YOUR OWN WAY????

Yep. Just like when Billy was in the band.

SteveMacD
10-04-2018, 02:51 AM

So, it’s an FU to Lindsey when they DON’T play something, and it’s also an FU to Lindsey when they DO play something?

MoonSister75
10-04-2018, 04:08 AM
Thanks so much for posting the videos and review. They sound great and look great together, and the set list is so refreshing.
Love the free falling tribute.

ali101
10-04-2018, 05:02 AM
Full song videos

Freefallin
https://youtu.be/Sy7dS57LXmM
BMW
https://youtu.be/JaS5Y_SbyeY

ali101
10-04-2018, 05:16 AM
Storms:

Thanks for the work in getting some super quick links. Glad that Storms is back in the set list, it’s been played so little. Unleashed again.
I am also surprised at Stevie getting the lead on black magic woman but quite a tongue in cheek choice and thought her voice seeems to be just getting better in one sense. Understandably struggled on freefallin but a tough one for nerves on opening night.

krrrby
10-04-2018, 05:25 AM
Some people on this board need a wahmbulance. I thought the videos are really great so far. I am buying tickets to both FM and LB...put the damn drama to the side and have several seats everyone else.

ali101
10-04-2018, 05:45 AM
https://www.tulsaworld.com/photovideo/slideshows/gallery-fleetwood-mac-at-the-bok-center/collection_3bfdda41-d987-5023-a515-9f0c78989089.html

https://www.tulsaworld.com/scene/music/fleetwood-mac-debuts-new-members-pays-tribute-to-tom-petty/article_cdd4d6d2-57e1-5ee1-8248-ee3e8e6f92c6.html

One year and one day after the loss of gone-to-soon Tom Petty, Fleetwood Mac launched a new North American tour and unveiled a new roster at Tulsa’s BOK Center.

The additions, who came aboard following the departure of Lindsey Buckingham, are Mike Campbell, former guitarist of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, and Neil Finn, vocalist for Crowded House and Split Enz.

“I can’t tell you how much it means to us that you are all here tonight to share this with us,” Campbell told a sold-out crowd.

Fleetwood Mac drummer Mick Fleetwood was asked in a pre-concert interview if the set list would include any Crowded House or Petty songs, or whether there might be a tribute to Petty.

“I can attest that there will be,” Fleetwood said.

Fleetwood didn’t want to cite specific songs — why ruin the surprise? — but answers came when the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame band, no stranger to personnel changes, began a new chapter Wednesday night.

The Petty tribute, an emotional highlight of the show, came during the encore. The first song of the encore was Petty’s “Free Fallin’” with vocals provided by Stevie Nicks, a longtime Petty friend. Images of Petty were shown on a screen behind the stage as Fleetwood Mac performed the song. Judging by the number of mobile phones held high, it was the most video-ed moment of the night.

Two songs from Finn’s ouevre were on the set list, including “I Got You” (the highest-charting Split Enz single in the U.S.) and “Don’t Dream It’s Over” (Crowded House’s biggest hit, it went to No. 2 in 1986). Nicks contributed vocal help on both songs.

Immediately before Finn sang “Don’t Dream It’s Over,” Fleetwood said this: “Many years ago I heard this beautiful song and, for me, it opened many doors in my heart, so this all eventually led to this lovely gentleman sharing the stage with us in Fleetwood Mac, so make him really welcome as he sings this most beautiful song.”

The new kids and the Fleetwood Mac vets — Fleetwood, John McVie, Christine McVie and Nicks — played for almost two and a half hours and, perhaps feeling adventuresome in the wake of a lineup change, detoured to some interesting places.

Almost half (11 of 24 songs) of the set was mined from a self-titled 1975 album and the 1977 juggernaut “Rumours.”

But the first hint Fleetwood Mac was going to dig deep came six songs into the show, when Nicks handled vocal chores on “Black Magic Woman.” Written by former member Peter Green, “Black Magic Woman” was recorded by Fleetwood Mac in the twilight of the 1960s. The song became a hit for Santana in 1970.

Also on the set list: “Tell Me All the Things You Do” from the 1970 album “Kiln House,” the Bob Welch-penned “Hypnotized” from the 1973 album “Mystery to Me” and “Oh Well,” which was sang Wednesday night by Campbell and was originally recorded by Fleetwood Mac in 1969. (For context’s sake, consider that Nicks and Buckingham didn’t record with the band until 1975.)

Buckingham and Fleetwood Mac parted company in April. Do you really want a band with so many great songs to call it quits just because a key member is no longer part of the squad? Of course not.

Wanting to forge ahead, Fleetwood Mac took the hydra approach (lose one head; two will take its place) and announced a new tour.

At 8:14 p.m. Wednesday, when the new incarnation of the band took the stage, Fleetwood flashed a smile that was captured on the video screen. He and his band mates opened with “The Chain,” which has history as a show-starter and gave curious audience members a chance to immediately hear Finn at the microphone. The song didn’t match completely the version stuck in your brain from decades of hearing it, but Finn sounded like a natural fit in songs like “Go Your Own Way” and “Second Hand News.”

Introducing himself, Finn said, “My name is Neil and it’s a huge honor to be with you tonight with this magnificent band.”

A New Zealander, Finn also said this: “I would like to do a big shout-out to another fellow countryman who works just down the road, Mr. Steven Adams for the Oklahoma (City) Thunder. (He’s) the toughest guy in the league. I’m not even in the toughest person in Fleetwood Mac. I think that’s Stevie.”

Early in the show, Campbell looked at his new band mates and smiled. Nobody seemed to have more fun that Fleetwood, especially during a drum solo bookend-ed by the start and finish of “World Turning.” He introduced the rest of the band afterward and said it was a joy and privilege to welcome the new members.

Sometimes the whole cheer-for-an-encore thing feels too staged or expected, but the audience reaction (mobile phones illuminated, continuous roaring) suggested the crowd absolutely wanted more Fleetwood Mac, and that’s what they got when the anticipated Petty tribute arrived and was followed by two other songs — “Don’t Stop” and “All Over Again,” a song that Christine McVie said was about change.

A big change happened in the ranks of Fleetwood Mac. But here's the takeaway: The tour launch didn’t feel like you were watching/hearing something less than Fleetwood Mac.

bwboy
10-04-2018, 06:36 AM
Thanks for sharing, ali101!

vivfox
10-04-2018, 06:38 AM
Thanks for the work in getting some super quick links. Glad that Storms is back in the set list, it’s been played so little. Unleashed again.
I am also surprised at Stevie getting the lead on black magic woman but quite a tongue in cheek choice and thought her voice seems to be just getting better in one sense.

Oh it was my pleasure. I was so excited being in the moment with that audience. It was a great show!

sue
10-04-2018, 07:14 AM
Well, I liked Free Fallin....I know it’s not a Mac song.....but it was pretty good.

Oh and Stevie sounded great on it.
They were bound to do a Tom Petty song, or two, so be it...

sleepless child
10-04-2018, 07:37 AM
I thought Free Falling was a little shaky, but I think opening night and it being Tom's song was really emotional.

Mike had said in an interview Stevie wanted to do this song. He wasn't as crazy about it, but Stevie said the crowd would love it. She was right.

Very interesting setlist.

John Run
10-04-2018, 07:44 AM

Oh Come On! They certainly did play a different set list both in song choice and running order.

I don' t like how the band chose to separate from Lindsey, I don't think it enhances their legacy or creates a proper closing chapter. Enjoyment of music is subjective, I don't particularly care for how this incarnation of Fleetwood Mac sounds as Finn and Campbell are talented but their strengths don't play well within the 75 and on Fleetwood Mac catalog. That said, they are professional, they have created an initial set list that surprises me in range of choices and the number of Lindsey tracks. There is almost as many Lindsey writes / cowrites in the set as there are Stevie.

My choice to not spend money on this version of Fleetwood Mac, but I am not going to say that they are not producing a professional show and that show will no doubt get tighter as the tour goes on and they find better sync with each other.

It will be interesting to see the some broader feedback and band press output. These first two shows, while not sold out, sold well enough. The 3rd-5th shows have not been commercial successes.

Enjoy the show for those of you going! Let's not create red herring arguments about set lists and poor production choices and arrangements, I think they are on track there. It comes down to personal taste and that is always subjective.

sands of time
10-04-2018, 07:58 AM

Complain, complain, complain. Whine, whine, whine.

Keith
10-04-2018, 08:04 AM
I enjoyed my cup (cups) of coffee this morning rewatching both the "Black Magic Woman" and "Free Fallin'" videos multiple times and I have to say, I was impressed with how good they sounded. I need more videos, especially the complete "Storms", "Isn't It Midnight?" "Hypnotized" and "All Over Again".

Do I wish Lindsey was still in the band? Absolutely! But I have to say I've enjoyed what I've heard with these two songs. And the setlist is definitely an improvement from previous tours.

Need more videos and more coffee!

AliceLover
10-04-2018, 08:31 AM
Stevie’s vocal on BMW was cool but it gets incredibly boring...

Feather Blade
10-04-2018, 08:41 AM

Agree. Also, I may be in the minority, but they never need to waste another song slot on Don't Stop on my account. :sorry:

Feather Blade
10-04-2018, 08:52 AM
Oh Come On! They certainly did play a different set list both in song choice and running order.

I don' t like how the band chose to separate from Lindsey, I don't think it enhances their legacy or creates a proper closing chapter. Enjoyment of music is subjective, I don't particularly care for how this incarnation of Fleetwood Mac sounds as Finn and Campbell are talented but their strengths don't play well within the 75 and on Fleetwood Mac catalog. That said, they are professional, they have created an initial set list that surprises me in range of choices and the number of Lindsey tracks. There is almost as many Lindsey writes / cowrites in the set as there are Stevie.

My choice to not spend money on this version of Fleetwood Mac, but I am not going to say that they are not producing a professional show and that show will no doubt get tighter as the tour goes on and they find better sync with each other.

It will be interesting to see the some broader feedback and band press output. These first two shows, while not sold out, sold well enough. The 3rd-5th shows have not been commercial successes.

Enjoy the show for those of you going! Let's not create red herring arguments about set lists and poor production choices and arrangements, I think they are on track there. It comes down to personal taste and that is always subjective.

Are you sure about that? The Tulsa World review above stated it was a sold out show.

ryan4136
10-04-2018, 08:57 AM
Are we just agreeing to ignore the total butchering of the Free Falling lyrics?

Not much of a tribute when you don't nail the lyrics.

Storms123
10-04-2018, 09:06 AM
Are you sure about that? The Tulsa World review above stated it was a sold out show.

On Ticketmaster yesterday it was not sold out.

gldstwmn
10-04-2018, 09:08 AM
Complain, complain, complain. Whine, whine, whine.
No I just want them to be true to Lindsey's legacy. ;) :) :wavey:

gldstwmn
10-04-2018, 09:09 AM
I enjoyed my cup (cups) of coffee this morning rewatching both the "Black Magic Woman" and "Free Fallin'" videos multiple times and I have to say, I was impressed with how good they sounded. I need more videos, especially the complete "Storms", "Isn't It Midnight?" "Hypnotized" and "All Over Again".

Do I wish Lindsey was still in the band? Absolutely! But I have to say I've enjoyed what I've heard with these two songs. And the setlist is definitely an improvement from previous tours.

Need more videos and more coffee!

Definitely. Want more!

gldstwmn
10-04-2018, 09:11 AM
Agree. Also, I may be in the minority, but they never need to waste another song slot on Don't Stop on my account. :sorry:

If we're going to play deep cuts and the blues then let's gooo! :lol: Campbell sounds killer on Oh Well and BMW. More please.

gldstwmn
10-04-2018, 09:15 AM
https://www.tulsaworld.com/photovideo/slideshows/gallery-fleetwood-mac-at-the-bok-center/collection_3bfdda41-d987-5023-a515-9f0c78989089.html

https://www.tulsaworld.com/scene/music/fleetwood-mac-debuts-new-members-pays-tribute-to-tom-petty/article_cdd4d6d2-57e1-5ee1-8248-ee3e8e6f92c6.html

One year and one day after the loss of gone-to-soon Tom Petty, Fleetwood Mac launched a new North American tour and unveiled a new roster at Tulsa’s BOK Center.

The additions, who came aboard following the departure of Lindsey Buckingham, are Mike Campbell, former guitarist of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, and Neil Finn, vocalist for Crowded House and Split Enz.

“I can’t tell you how much it means to us that you are all here tonight to share this with us,” Campbell told a sold-out crowd.

Fleetwood Mac drummer Mick Fleetwood was asked in a pre-concert interview if the set list would include any Crowded House or Petty songs, or whether there might be a tribute to Petty.

Fleetwood didn’t want to cite specific songs — why ruin the surprise? — but answers came when the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame band, no stranger to personnel changes, began a new chapter Wednesday night.

The Petty tribute, an emotional highlight of the show, came during the encore. The first song of the encore was Petty’s “Free Fallin’” with vocals provided by Stevie Nicks, a longtime Petty friend. Images of Petty were shown on a screen behind the stage as Fleetwood Mac performed the song. Judging by the number of mobile phones held high, it was the most video-ed moment of the night.

Two songs from Finn’s ouevre were on the set list, including “I Got You” (the highest-charting Split Enz single in the U.S.) and “Don’t Dream It’s Over” (Crowded House’s biggest hit, it went to No. 2 in 1986). Nicks contributed vocal help on both songs.

Immediately before Finn sang “Don’t Dream It’s Over,” Fleetwood said this: “Many years ago I heard this beautiful song and, for me, it opened many doors in my heart, so this all eventually led to this lovely gentleman sharing the stage with us in Fleetwood Mac, so make him really welcome as he sings this most beautiful song.”

The new kids and the Fleetwood Mac vets — Fleetwood, John McVie, Christine McVie and Nicks — played for almost two and a half hours and, perhaps feeling adventuresome in the wake of a lineup change, detoured to some interesting places.

Almost half (11 of 24 songs) of the set was mined from a self-titled 1975 album and the 1977 juggernaut “Rumours.”

But the first hint Fleetwood Mac was going to dig deep came six songs into the show, when Nicks handled vocal chores on “Black Magic Woman.” Written by former member Peter Green, “Black Magic Woman” was recorded by Fleetwood Mac in the twilight of the 1960s. The song became a hit for Santana in 1970.

Also on the set list: “Tell Me All the Things You Do” from the 1970 album “Kiln House,” the Bob Welch-penned “Hypnotized” from the 1973 album “Mystery to Me” and “Oh Well,” which was sang Wednesday night by Campbell and was originally recorded by Fleetwood Mac in 1969. (For context’s sake, consider that Nicks and Buckingham didn’t record with the band until 1975.)

Buckingham and Fleetwood Mac parted company in April. Do you really want a band with so many great songs to call it quits just because a key member is no longer part of the squad? Of course not.

Wanting to forge ahead, Fleetwood Mac took the hydra approach (lose one head; two will take its place) and announced a new tour.

At 8:14 p.m. Wednesday, when the new incarnation of the band took the stage, Fleetwood flashed a smile that was captured on the video screen. He and his band mates opened with “The Chain,” which has history as a show-starter and gave curious audience members a chance to immediately hear Finn at the microphone. The song didn’t match completely the version stuck in your brain from decades of hearing it, but Finn sounded like a natural fit in songs like “Go Your Own Way” and “Second Hand News.”

Introducing himself, Finn said, “My name is Neil and it’s a huge honor to be with you tonight with this magnificent band.”

A New Zealander, Finn also said this: “I would like to do a big shout-out to another fellow countryman who works just down the road, Mr. Steven Adams for the Oklahoma (City) Thunder. (He’s) the toughest guy in the league. I’m not even in the toughest person in Fleetwood Mac. I think that’s Stevie.”

Early in the show, Campbell looked at his new band mates and smiled. Nobody seemed to have more fun that Fleetwood, especially during a drum solo bookend-ed by the start and finish of “World Turning.” He introduced the rest of the band afterward and said it was a joy and privilege to welcome the new members.

Sometimes the whole cheer-for-an-encore thing feels too staged or expected, but the audience reaction (mobile phones illuminated, continuous roaring) suggested the crowd absolutely wanted more Fleetwood Mac, and that’s what they got when the anticipated Petty tribute arrived and was followed by two other songs — “Don’t Stop” and “All Over Again,” a song that Christine McVie said was about change.

A big change happened in the ranks of Fleetwood Mac. But here's the takeaway: The tour launch didn’t feel like you were watching/hearing something less than Fleetwood Mac.

Uh oh. Another good review?
<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/l2JIk0sWj9sUvbvCU" width="480" height="271" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/warnerarchive-a-mighty-wind-l2JIk0sWj9sUvbvCU">via GIPHY</a></p>

vivfox
10-04-2018, 09:26 AM
Rhiannon:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/L8y5hnrDcxQ" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

secondhandchain
10-04-2018, 09:29 AM
Uh oh. Another good review?
<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/l2JIk0sWj9sUvbvCU" width="480" height="271" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/warnerarchive-a-mighty-wind-l2JIk0sWj9sUvbvCU">via GIPHY</a></p>

He didn’t call it quits. He was fired. Being a Stevie fanatic I’m not surprised at your glee. This is a total sham though. Cash grab!!!

secondhandchain
10-04-2018, 09:31 AM
They way she stood there and looked at Tom on the screen at the end... I almost cried.

But Meanwhile ignore the man who put her in that freaking band this is disgusting. It’s sad that you have no problem with the fact that she has made this her band.

vivfox
10-04-2018, 09:34 AM
He didn’t call it quits. He was fired. Being a Stevie fanatic I’m not surprised at your glee. This is a total sham though. Cash grab!!!

I understand your pain. But today is a day of celebration for a wonderful show. Let's not forget how much we love the other four. You don't want to be remembered as a complainer, do ya?

StevieandChris
10-04-2018, 09:36 AM

The review doesn’t say LB called it quits. It’s talking about the band as a whole calling it quits after a key member is gone. Try again!

You are hilarious. The same folks that say “cash grab” would find ways to be upset even if there WAS new music and even if Lindsey was still in the band. Instead it would be about Stevie’s writing sucking or her voice and range and clothes and weight or something slut-shaming. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :wavey:

Nicks Fan
10-04-2018, 09:45 AM
Yes I know it's all Stevie's fault. :lol: :lol: :lol: Tell Me sounds amazing!

I never said it was ALL her fault. I am merely pointing out that lots of people keep saying it was Lindsey's fault for the stale set lists. Yet in the 10 years he was absent they ignored everyone outside of the B/N. era except for Peter Green. Why is that? This current set list features songs that B/N had no hand in that are not Peter Green songs. This is something they could have done at ANY time on any tour and as a whole the Band settled for the same old same old (With some exceptions). Remember on SYW tour it was Lindsey who suggested doing Beautiful Child?

I may be in the minority but I didn't like the cover songs especially Free Falling. They have 50 years of FM material to draw from and could have played other FM songs. Stevie isn't doing anything from her FM catalog that she hasn't done before. Where was Angel or That's Alright for example. Black Magic Woman was not that good in my opinion.

I am surprised at they are doing All Over Again. Hardly anyone would know that song and or even saw that lineup in concert much less own the "Time" CD. I wonder how many Stevie Nicks fans were familiar with the tune.

gldstwmn
10-04-2018, 09:47 AM
But Meanwhile ignore the man who put her in that freaking band this is disgusting. It’s sad that you have no problem with the fact that she has made this her band.

Lindsey isn't dead thank goodness. But if he croaks then I'm sure they'll put him up there too. :cool:

gldstwmn
10-04-2018, 09:49 AM
I am surprised at they are doing All Over Again. Hardly anyone would know that song and or even saw that lineup in concert much less own the "Time" CD. I wonder how many Stevie Nicks fans were familiar with the tune.

They will by the end of this tour. It's a high point.

NotonRodeo
10-04-2018, 09:49 AM
That Rhiannon is probably the most enervated and lethargic performance I have ever seen. Her range has apparently shrunk to two notes, and Lindsey's guitar licks are sorely missed. The cats outside in the dark make better and more passionate music than she. But there is a very large contingent here who confuse shawl twirling, bleating, and exaggerated hand gesticulations with musicianship. Which is why Lindsey is out of Fleetwood Mac and the Goat Queen remains.

gldstwmn
10-04-2018, 09:52 AM
Fleetwood Mac Debuts New Lineup At Tour Opener In Tulsa: Setlist & Videos

Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame act Fleetwood Mac officially began the latest era in the band’s historic career by opening their first tour with a new lineup last night at the BOK Center in Tulsa, Oklahoma. The tour is the first since Lindsey Buckingham parted ways with the Mac earlier this year. Guitarists Mike Campbell and Neil Finn replaced Buckingham and join longtime members Stevie Nicks, Mick Fleetwood, John McVie and Christine McVie on the road. Wednesday’s show featured material from Campbell and Finn’s old bands, a few Mac classics that pre-date Buckingham’s tenure in the group and plenty of hits.

Fleetwood Mac opened with “The Chain” featuring Finn on Buckingham’s vocal parts. A run of hits “Little Lies,” “Dreams,” “Second Hand News” and “Say You Love Me” was followed by the group’s first “Black Magic Woman” since 1987 (all stats as per Setlist.FM). While Santana scored a hit with “Black Magic Woman,” the song was written by founding and former Fleetwood Mac member Peter Green for inclusion on the band’s debut studio album. Other oldies that made the cut in Tulsa were “Tell Me All The Things You Do” off 1970’s Kiln House for the first time since 1977, Tusk’s “Storms” for the first time since 2009, “Hypnotized” from 1973’s Mystery To Me for the first time since 1977, Tango In The Night’s “Isn’t It Midnight” for the first time since 1990 and “Monday Morning” off the group’s self-titled 1975 LP for the first time since 2009. In addition, the Green-penned “Oh Well” returned after an eight-year layoff.

Neil Finn not only led Fleetwood Mac through the beloved Crowded House favorite “Don’t Dream It’s Over” but also threw back to his Split Enz days by fronting a performance of “I Got You.” An emotional moment came to start the encore, when Mike Campbell’s time in Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers was honored with a Stevie-sung rendition of “Free Fallin’.” The encore continued with “Don’t Stop” and concluded with the live debut of “All Over Again,” a song Fleetwood Mac recorded for their 1995 album Time.

https://www.jambase.com/article/fleetwood-mac-tour-new-lineup-setlist-videos

The videos and set list in the above article have already been posted here so I omitted them.

wilsonmac
10-04-2018, 10:17 AM
Free Fallin was awful. Why does Stevie Nicks always feel the need to gain sympathy from people and her audience? I seriously ask this question to people on this board who are more knowledgeable about her than me. Using Tom Petty's death to do this makes me sick. What are these people doing?

Feather Blade
10-04-2018, 10:23 AM
Loving all the Christine and Mike interaction during the Black Magic Woman jam. They look like they are having so much fun! Also, I guess Stevie was right about Free Fallin being "a moment", I hear a LOT of people singing along.

kak125
10-04-2018, 10:32 AM
Small clip of Hypnotized - love it!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">hypnotized. his voice ??? amazing <a href="https://t.co/eueXN22ErC">pic.twitter.com/eueXN22ErC</a></p>&mdash; ✩ ariah ✩ (@prlvateunlverse) <a href="https://twitter.com/prlvateunlverse/status/1047825188497371139?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 4, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sorry it pasted the introductions in there too for some reason

vivfox
10-04-2018, 10:32 AM
That Rhiannon is probably the most enervated and lethargic performance I have ever seen. Her range has apparently shrunk to two notes, and Lindsey's guitar licks are sorely missed. The cats outside in the dark make better and more passionate music than she. But there is a very large contingent here who confuse shawl twirling, bleating, and exaggerated hand gesticulations with musicianship. Which is why Lindsey is out of Fleetwood Mac and the Goat Queen remains.

I enjoyed that performance of Rhiannon. I have never made a gif in my life but decided I am going to make one of the part in the middle where she walks toward the audience very quickly and with such confidence and gives them a little bit of that Rhiannon magic I love so much. And then I am going to post it in my Facebook group.

Keith
10-04-2018, 10:42 AM
Just watched "The Chain" and "Rhiannon" and thought both were really good.

"The Chain" sounded so much better than the performance from Ellen - Mike Campbell can play! (Still not sure about Neil, but he was better here). I also like the backdrop with the split screen videos of each of the six band members.

"Rhiannon" was really good - I mean she's 70 now! The 70's Rhiannon - I'll take it. I thought the horses on the backdrop were also interesting. So far - so good.

Need more videos. Need more videos.

gldstwmn
10-04-2018, 11:08 AM
Loving all the Christine and Mike interaction during the Black Magic Woman jam. They look like they are having so much fun! Also, I guess Stevie was right about Free Fallin being "a moment", I hear a LOT of people singing along.

Yes. Andby the 4th or 5th show she will have it down. She was clearly verklempt.

jkmaletic
10-04-2018, 11:15 AM
I enjoyed that performance of Rhiannon. I have never made a gif in my life but decided I am going to make one of the part in the middle where she walks toward the audience very quickly and with such confidence and gives them a little bit of that Rhiannon magic I love so much. And then I am going to post it in my Facebook group.

I wanna see that gif when your done! :)

I haven't watched ALL of the videos yet, but the ones I have I thought they sounded great. I'll mention it again for those in the back - it is a shame they couldn't work things out with Lindsey, especially at this stage. That said, they are moving on, Lindsey is moving on. So, maybe we can all move on too? Stop trashing the "side" that you aren't on and spend that energy positively by supporting the "side" that you are on by going to their shows. After all, both "sides" are touring. We have choices! :wavey: Of course, there's also not choosing a side at all and taking this for what it is.

As for me, I plan to see FM in Dec in San Diego. I'm not seeing Lindsey, but that doesn't mean I'm going to trash his Kimmel performance or any future videos I might watch of his. I wish him the best.

Jamie

gldstwmn
10-04-2018, 11:19 AM
I'm not seeing Lindsey, but that doesn't mean I'm going to trash his Kimmel performance or any future videos I might watch of his. I wish him the best.

Jamie

I thought he was great on Kimmel. His show is going to be awesome. I need to check out his set list from last night. Did he just play one song?

DashingDan
10-04-2018, 11:44 AM
Free Fallin was awful. Why does Stevie Nicks always feel the need to gain sympathy from people and her audience? I seriously ask this question to people on this board who are more knowledgeable about her than me. Using Tom Petty's death to do this makes me sick. What are these people doing?

Say goodbye to FF. She won't want to be belting that A note for much longer.

24karatstevie
10-04-2018, 11:59 AM
I haven't posted much lately mainly because I've tried to avoid the negativity that has taken over as of late. I will admit I was apprehensive going into this, but the setlist has intrigued me. Regardless of where you stand, you have to admit that FM shook it up a bit. Do I wish Lindsey was still in the band? Absolutely, but I don't think Stevie and everyone else are the vile beings some say they are. I think it's extremely unfortunate that these people couldn't put aside their differences for one more tour, but I don't see the point of worrying so much about something that cannot be changed. With that said, I wish both Lindsey and Fleetwood Mac good luck. I'm thinking of getting a ticket to the STL FM show. This will be my first time seeing FM (I saw Stevie and BuckVie last year). I just wish Lindsey had a show closer to me, since travel doesn't work with my work/school schedule.

TheWILDheart
10-04-2018, 12:31 PM

This is a bit ridiculous.

Tori Amos covered Free Fallin’ a few days after Tom Petty died.

I also recently saw Garbage cover “Starman” as a tribute to David Bowie.

Do you call those cash ins too?? How many countless artists have paid homage to someone who is no longer with us on stage?

Sugar Mouse
10-04-2018, 12:48 PM

Do you call those cash ins too?? How many countless artists have paid homage to someone who is no longer with us on stage?

I am a huge Petty fan and I'm not the least bit offended that they played "Free Fallin'". It's not my favorite TP song (it wouldn't even make my top 20 Petty songs) but the new lineup did a great job and Stevie's voice was in fine form last night. We all miss TP and it's a way of carrying on the music and the heart behind the music. It's beautiful if you ask me.

wilsonmac
10-04-2018, 12:51 PM

Paying tribute is fine. I just don't care for the dramatic Tom Petty photos flashing on the screen while she plays a song that Mike Campbell admittedly didn't even want to do. Not a fan of entertainers obviously playing for the love of another group of people. Someone like Buckingham doesn't need that. His art and love from his family at home is enough. Just my opinion.

editme2
10-04-2018, 12:54 PM
I'm glad they honored Tom Petty with "Free Fallin." Given Mike's presence and Stevie's long friendship with him, why wouldn't they? The performance itself was a bit rough, but I chalk that up to both first-night nerves, high emotions, and the fact that Stevie's teleprompter clearly broke. In one of the videos, you can see Mike Campbell tell her that it's not working, and then Stevie clearly messes up the words throughout. I'm sure it will get better as the tour goes on.

Sugar Mouse
10-04-2018, 01:24 PM
Paying tribute is fine. I just don't care for the dramatic Tom Petty photos flashing on the screen while she plays a song that Mike Campbell admittedly didn't even want to do. Not a fan of entertainers obviously playing for the love of another group of people. Someone like Buckingham doesn't need that. His art and love from his family at home is enough. Just my opinion.

Playing a TP song is just like Lindsey's "love for his family". TP and Stevie were very close friends. And Mike and Petty were best friends for 47 years.

TheWILDheart
10-04-2018, 01:29 PM
I haven’t watched any of the videos yet but the written setlist looks great. They’ve pretty much churned out The Dance rehash every night for the last 20 years so it’s nice to see them shake it up, especially with hidden gems.

As for the people who are OUTRAGED that they did Lindsay dogs...HOW DARE THEY...well, where were you in 1987 when Rick & Billy did the same?

I’ll just leave this here.

https://youtu.be/jy9bfUsyrLw

SpyNote
10-04-2018, 01:30 PM
You don't want to be remembered as a complainer, do ya?

There's a list. :laugh:

TheWILDheart
10-04-2018, 01:32 PM
I am a huge Petty fan and I'm not the least bit offended that they played "Free Fallin'". It's not my favorite TP song (it wouldn't even make my top 20 Petty songs) but the new lineup did a great job and Stevie's voice was in fine form last night. We all miss TP and it's a way of carrying on the music and the heart behind the music. It's beautiful if you ask me.

Let’s not forget that Stevie covered “Free Fallin” for some soundtrack back in the 90’s so technically it is a Stevie Nicks song too. And she’s done “I Need To Know” in her solo set for years.

Personally I was more surprised that they didn’t do Stop Draggin

kak125
10-04-2018, 02:14 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yrkSdoWEQp0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

gldstwmn
10-04-2018, 02:24 PM
Watch The New Fleetwood Mac Play Split Enz, Crowded House, Tom Petty, & Live Rarities At Tour Opener
Earlier this year, Fleetwood Mac announced that they’d be hitting the road with a whole new lineup. Lindsey Buckingham, longtime co-leader, was out of the band, fired after a dispute over touring. And Fleetwood Mac instead lined up a very capable pair of replacements: Mike Campbell, former guitarist for Tom Petty’s Heartbreakers, and Neil Finn, frontman of the great New Zealand institutions Crowded House and Split Enz. This new Fleetwood Mac has already performed on Ellen and at the iHeartRadio Music Festival. But last night, this lineup played its first real headlining set in Tulsa. And they made an event of it.

In their set at Tulsa’s BOK Center, the band made room for a few songs from their newest members. Most notable among them is probably the cover of Tom Petty’s “Free Fallin’,” with Petty’s old friend and frequent duet partner singing lead. Campbell recently told Rolling Stone that he wasn’t really interested in playing “Free Fallin'” anymore but that Nicks had insisted: “Stevie wanted to do that one. love that song, but I’ve just played it so much. I said to her, ‘Do we have to?’ She said, ‘The crowd will love it. It’ll be a moment.’ So I’m getting into it again.” The song was the first encore of the night. It sounded incredible, of course.
The band also did a version of Crowded House’s 1986 classic “Don’t Dream It’s Over” as a duet between Finn and Nicks:
(video at link)
I can’t find video of it, but the band also covered Split Enz’ 1980 new wave hit “I Got You.”

Fleetwood Mac are also using this tour to bust out some songs they haven’t played in a long, long time. The biggest news is there that they have brought back “Black Magic Woman,” famously covered by Santana but written by former Fleetwood Mac leader Peter Green and first recorded in 1968. Here’s that one:
(video at link)
They also did “Isn’t It Midnight,” from 1987’s Tango In The Night, for the first time since 1990:
(video at link)
The band also played “Storms” and “Monday Morning,” both for the first time since 2009, and they ended the night with their first-ever live performance of 1995’s “All Over Again.”
https://www.stereogum.com/2017348/watch-the-new-fleetwood-mac-play-split-enz-crowded-house-tom-petty-live-rarities-at-tour-opener/video/?utm_source=share-tw&utm_medium=button

StevieandChris
10-04-2018, 02:35 PM

Sticks and stones! At this point, you will never admit to liking anything SN does again. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :wavey:

Matt Lucas
10-04-2018, 02:40 PM

Glad to see Neil hasn't lost his sense of humor. He's a smart, funny guy, Neil.

matt

Sugar Mouse
10-04-2018, 02:58 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yrkSdoWEQp0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wow ... "Storms" is such a masterpiece of a song.

Keith
10-04-2018, 03:06 PM

Thanks for sharing. I'm so glad to see "Storms" back in the set, although I was hoping for "Angel' - beautiful version of one of Stevie's best. Thanks again.

jbrownsjr
10-04-2018, 03:07 PM
Ok, I found something I love $tevie's voice on. Hypmotized! Neil sounds excellent and backing vocals fit so nicely. And that's on a short clip. Must have sounded pristine in concert.

gldstwmn
10-04-2018, 03:14 PM
Ok, I found something I love $tevie's voice on. Hypmotized! Neil sounds excellent and backing vocals fit so nicely. And that's on a short clip. Must have sounded pristine in concert.

I really hope they do a Soundstage or similar recording of this tour and yes I loved Hypnotized.

gldstwmn
10-04-2018, 03:15 PM
There's a list. :laugh:

The Scorned Ones. :laugh:

krrrby
10-04-2018, 03:17 PM
I haven't posted much lately mainly because I've tried to avoid the negativity that has taken over as of late. I will admit I was apprehensive going into this, but the setlist has intrigued me. Regardless of where you stand, you have to admit that FM shook it up a bit. Do I wish Lindsey was still in the band? Absolutely, but I don't think Stevie and everyone else are the vile beings some say they are. I think it's extremely unfortunate that these people couldn't put aside their differences for one more tour, but I don't see the point of worrying so much about something that cannot be changed. With that said, I wish both Lindsey and Fleetwood Mac good luck. I'm thinking of getting a ticket to the STL FM show. This will be my first time seeing FM (I saw Stevie and BuckVie last year). I just wish Lindsey had a show closer to me, since travel doesn't work with my work/school schedule.

Well said and 100% agree.

Netter75
10-04-2018, 03:35 PM
I really hope they do a Soundstage or similar recording of this tour and yes I loved Hypnotized.

^^^ Please. They professionally record every tour so a blu-ray release of this setlist would be KILLER.

Feather Blade
10-04-2018, 03:58 PM

His voice does sound well suited to that song.

lovethemac1
10-04-2018, 04:28 PM

Articles will always write that venues were sold out, it helps to sell more tickets to subsequent shows.
Venues will always claim to be sold out because it makes the venue look better, more appealing.
Most hockey and football venues will claim sold out status AT THE EVENT, whether they are or not. Hypes crowds for upcoming games.

The only way to know for sure, is to ck Ticketmaster (or sites similar) just before an event to get an accurate reading of what is left for sale.

Frankenstein
10-04-2018, 04:53 PM

Agree. The way it came across was cringe.

bwboy
10-04-2018, 06:02 PM
I'll mention it again for those in the back - it is a shame they couldn't work things out with Lindsey, especially at this stage. That said, they are moving on, Lindsey is moving on. So, maybe we can all move on too? Stop trashing the "side" that you aren't on and spend that energy positively by supporting the "side" that you are on by going to their shows. After all, both "sides" are touring. We have choices! :wavey: Of course, there's also not choosing a side at all and taking this for what it is.

As for me, I plan to see FM in Dec in San Diego. I'm not seeing Lindsey, but that doesn't mean I'm going to trash his Kimmel performance or any future videos I might watch of his. I wish him the best.

Jamie

This is the most rational and level headed post I've seen on this board in a very long time. I couldn't agree more with everything you said. You're awesome! :angel:

bwboy
10-04-2018, 06:09 PM
Articles will always write that venues were sold out, it helps to sell more tickets to subsequent shows.
Venues will always claim to be sold out because it makes the venue look better, more appealing.
Most hockey and football venues will claim sold out status AT THE EVENT, whether they are or not. Hypes crowds for upcoming games.

The only way to know for sure, is to ck Ticketmaster (or sites similar) just before an event to get an accurate reading of what is left for sale.

I have no idea how well the show sold, but I have seen many reviews that said whether an arena sold out or not- many times they'll even give a number, which I assume they were told by the venue. So I really question your comment that "articles will always write that venues were sold out, it helps to sell more tickets to subsequent shows." Why would the writer care how subsequent shows sell? A writer is not going to lie about it.

SteveMacD
10-04-2018, 06:14 PM
Does anyone have a video for All Over Again?

sleepless child
10-04-2018, 06:19 PM
Are we just agreeing to ignore the total butchering of the Free Falling lyrics?

Not much of a tribute when you don't nail the lyrics.

I noticed that too. I think something happened to the monitor. She points and Mike looks and then says something to Chris and then Stevie. Hopefully it's a better performance next time. It's a shame she has lost so much range in her voice. Her vocals on the recorded Free Falling were so good.

MikeInNV
10-04-2018, 06:26 PM
So, it’s an FU to Lindsey when they DON’T play something, and it’s also an FU to Lindsey when they DO play something?

And.....mic drop. Some people are so hell bent on hating, they can't keep track of their own complaints.

David
10-04-2018, 06:28 PM
Great concert, here and there. My two favorites are

Storms. Excellent performance, even better than the 2009 rendition. I don't know anymore who is playing what because there are so many instrumentalists—who's playing the delicate Fender Rhodes lines? Who's playing the subtle, poignant string patch that swells in and out of the sound field? The arrangement is a homage to the old studio track. Chillingly good. Only one flaw: The song should have ended on a B minor, not a D major. You could feel the B minor coming for the final minute, and it should have resolved to the minor—it was like a word on the tip of your tongue that got replaced with a less suitable word because you forgot it.

Hypnotized. Another great performance, very studio-ish, very careful. Sometimes the carefulness is boring, but sometimes—like on these propulsive ballads—the craftsmanship adds to the emotional punch. Somebody is playing the hypnotic electric piano part from 1973—again, don't know who. Glad it's there because it adds to the elegance and mystique. Backup singers are always best when they don't sound like backup singers. On this one, they sound like beckoning sirens in those Carolina swamps.

I'm looking forward to hearing some of the others, like All Over Again and Don't Dream It's Over. Would love to hear one or two more early slow blues, like I Loved Another Woman or Before the Beginning. I'm not looking forward to hearing The Chain, Dreams, Gold Dust Woman, and so on because, like Rhiannon, those same arrangements are being trotted out for the 100th time. Nothing special or unique there. Those songs are withering on the vine until and unless the band opts to reimagine them somehow.

Idea: What if they tried Crystal with Neil Finn on lead vocal and Stevie on harmony vocal? I also think Southern Accents would make a better tribute than Free Falling, which sounds like dodgy curbside garbage.

bwboy
10-04-2018, 06:47 PM
Idea: What if they tried Crystal with Neil Finn on lead vocal and Stevie on harmony vocal? I also think Southern Accents would make a better tribute than Free Falling, which sounds like dodgy curbside garbage.

If they performed Crystal, I think I would cry tears of joy.

ali101
10-04-2018, 07:05 PM
http://youtu.be/MSlIhlkj8VQ

gldstwmn
10-04-2018, 07:38 PM
Does anyone have a video for All Over Again?

Only on Facebook so far in closed groups. :sorry:

lovethemac1
10-05-2018, 12:52 AM
I have no idea how well the show sold, but I have seen many reviews that said whether an arena sold out or not- many times they'll even give a number, which I assume they were told by the venue. So I really question your comment that "articles will always write that venues were sold out, it helps to sell more tickets to subsequent shows." Why would the writer care how subsequent shows sell? A writer is not going to lie about it.

The writer will often get some detailed info from a performers PR people. PR people want to sell subsequent tickets.

Kyle
10-05-2018, 06:27 AM
Only on Facebook so far in closed groups. :sorry:

Why are there closed groups? Why would someone only post videos to closed groups? Why don't you provide links to these groups?

vivfox
10-05-2018, 07:11 AM
Why are there closed groups? Why would someone only post videos to closed groups? Why don't you provide links to these groups?

I'll answer this question for the other person you asked. In a particular closed group, a member who posted the videos specifically asked his co-members not to post his videos on The Ledge. He's one of the people not fond of the anti-Stevie comments. So one has to respect such request. But don't you worry, now that everyone knows what songs are in the set, plenty more videos will surface of every song throughout the tour. The video you wanted to see of the closing song is only partial anyways, and it's not a close up so you're not really missing anything anyways.

Keith
10-05-2018, 08:28 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRqsiq06hKg

"Gold Dust Woman" from Tulsa. It looks like the crackhead dance is gone and I'm not certain how to describe the new ending, but I like it! Always a great concert moment!

wheart
10-05-2018, 08:43 AM

I've seen far more lethargic Rhiannon's in recent years. I just wish she could at least attempt a twirl or two in the middle...or something. It did sound weird without LB on guitar...

Kyle
10-05-2018, 09:17 AM
I'll answer this question for the other person you asked. In a particular closed group, a member who posted the videos specifically asked his co-members not to post his videos on The Ledge. He's one of the people not fond of the anti-Stevie comments. So one has to respect such request.

Oh. That makes sense. Thanks!

FM77
10-05-2018, 09:59 AM

"Gold Dust Woman" from Tulsa. It looks like the crackhead dance is gone and I'm not certain how to describe the new ending, but I like it! Always a great concert moment!

That was the same ending she did on her solo tour for 24K Gold.

Keith
10-05-2018, 10:02 AM

I saw the DC 24K show and it seemed different, but then again - damn legal weed.

gldstwmn
10-05-2018, 11:38 AM

Um take a read through the Ruours forum. :laugh: They are open to join. Ivory Keys is probably the biggest. They don't allow any negativity. :thumbsup: They have quite a few videos and photos.

gldstwmn
10-05-2018, 11:41 AM
I'll answer this question for the other person you asked. In a particular closed group, a member who posted the videos specifically asked his co-members not to post his videos on The Ledge. He's one of the people not fond of the anti-Stevie comments. So one has to respect such request. But don't you worry, now that everyone knows what songs are in the set, plenty more videos will surface of every song throughout the tour. The video you wanted to see of the closing song is only partial anyways, and it's not a close up so you're not really missing anything anyways.
Exactly. Thanks Viv. It's too bad the partial video of the first half of the first show got deleted. Do you think she did that due to negativity or did some ahole report it?

BLY
10-05-2018, 11:47 AM
I will say from what I hear from this show the Mac does sound pretty good. Stevie’s vocals sound strong and all in all much better than the Ellen performance. I’m anxious to hear some of Christine’s songs. Neil always sounds great as does Mick, John and Mike.

gldstwmn
10-05-2018, 11:56 AM
I've seen far more lethargic Rhiannon's in recent years. I just wish she could at least attempt a twirl or two in the middle...or something. It did sound weird without LB on guitar...

As opposed to Carlos or Waddy? :sorry:

gldstwmn
10-05-2018, 11:59 AM

I prefer the Crystal Visions version but it might be too long for this particular FM set.

FuzzyPlum
10-05-2018, 12:05 PM
I really like Crowded House. I cant profess to being the biggest fan but I know their work quite well and like a lot of their songs. Neil genuinely seems like a good guy. In fact, I've always thought this since Crowded House were big in the late 80's/early 90's.

I just can't quite work out why he's in the band.
He sings lead vocals on a Crowded House song, a Spilt Enz song and from what I can work out, a couple of Lindsey Buckingham songs. Whats the point in him being there? I was under the impression Mike was recruited as a guitarist and they needed somebody else as a vocalist. I thought this was because they needed somebody to fill the vocals for pre BN material. However, from what I can tell he doesn't sing lead on Tell Me All The Things You Do, Black Magic Woman, Hypnotized or Oh Well.

The Crowded House/Neil Finn material we can generally do without- its only performed because he's there, obviously...and frankly (though I havent yet seen it) him playing Lindsey songs is a bit embarrassing given the circumstances. So, all-in-all he seems to be a glorified back-up singer and support guitarist. Couldn't Neil Heyward be more prominently performing this role?

Overall, I just feel for Neil Finn being in this position. He seems a bit of a spare part.

aleuzzi
10-05-2018, 12:49 PM
I'm curious about All Over Again but no one has posted anything. It's annoying. Such a rare song. So why no love?

David
10-05-2018, 01:06 PM
I'm curious about All Over Again but no one has posted anything. It's annoying. Such a rare song. So why no love?
In spite of the heartache and troubles in love, you'd do it all over again, Tony.

aleuzzi
10-05-2018, 01:26 PM
In spite of the heartache and troubles in love, you'd do it all over again, Tony.

I believe so.

Sugar Mouse
10-05-2018, 01:47 PM
I really like Crowded House. I cant profess to being the biggest fan but I know their work quite well and like a lot of their songs. Neil genuinely seems like a good guy. In fact, I've always thought this since Crowded House were big in the late 80's/early 90's.

I just can't quite work out why he's in the band.
He sings lead vocals on a Crowded House song, a Spilt Enz song and from what I can work out, a couple of Lindsey Buckingham songs. Whats the point in him being there? I was under the impression Mike was recruited as a guitarist and they needed somebody else as a vocalist. I thought this was because they needed somebody to fill the vocals for pre BN material. However, from what I can tell he doesn't sing lead on Tell Me All The Things You Do, Black Magic Woman, Hypnotized or Oh Well.

The Crowded House/Neil Finn material we can generally do without- its only performed because he's there, obviously...and frankly (though I havent yet seen it) him playing Lindsey songs is a bit embarrassing given the circumstances. So, all-in-all he seems to be a glorified back-up singer and support guitarist. Couldn't Neil Heyward be more prominently performing this role?

Overall, I just feel for Neil Finn being in this position. He seems a bit of a spare part.

Neil sings lead on "Hypnotized", "Second Hand News", and several others. He could easily sing lead on a ton of Kirwan or Welch songs if they choose to play them. He also sings the male harmony vocal on many of the songs. And he's a world class songwriter who's still in his prime as far as songwriting goes (he's released two great albums in the last year) so he's likely to be the main songwriter should they record another studio album.

Mr Scarrott
10-05-2018, 02:30 PM
Neil sings lead on "Hypnotized", "Second Hand News", and several others. He could easily sing lead on a ton of Kirwan or Welch songs if they choose to play them. He also sings the male harmony vocal on many of the songs. And he's a world class songwriter who's still in his prime as far as songwriting goes (he's released two great albums in the last year) so he's likely to be the main songwriter should they record another studio album.

There was a brief clip of Hypnotized that I saw somewhere that I thought suited Neil very well. Stevie's backing vocals sounded quite spooky. To be honest, the clip of Tell me all the things you do I saw I was less enamoured with. Christine incorrectly told the audience that Danny was a founder member of the band, which was odd, and didn't appear to refer to his passing which was a little strange. It was such a brave curveball of a choice to go in the set, and I wonder if it will last. It must, in all honesty have left a lot of the crowd cold (or in the loos), but I'm not going to criticise the band for trying it. There would have been other Danny songs that I would have preferred, but some of them, particularly my favourite - Woman of a 1000 years, are such delicate constructions that to try and do them justice would be quite a feat.

jwd
10-05-2018, 02:33 PM

It's become one the most overdone, overly long, boring performances of a song. It's a waste of 10 minutes. A lot of people love it. But I'd rather see "I'm So Afraid" instead. That's rock and roll excitement, not this theatrical bull****. :D

Sugar Mouse
10-05-2018, 02:33 PM
There was a brief clip of Hypnotized that I saw somewhere that I thought suited Neil very well. Stevie's backing vocals sounded quite spooky. To be honest, the clip of Tell me all the things you do I saw I was less enamoured with. Christine incorrectly told the audience that Danny was a founder member of the band, which was odd, and didn't appear to refer to his passing which was a little strange. It was such a brave curveball of a choice to go in the set, and I wonder if it will last. It must, in all honesty have left a lot of the crowd cold (or in the loos), but I'm not going to criticise the band for trying it. There would have been other Danny songs that I would have preferred, but some of them, particularly my favourite - Woman of a 1000 years, are such delicate constructions that to try and do them justice would be quite a feat.

"Hypnotized" was a Bob Welch song not a Danny Kirwan song.

bombaysaffires
10-05-2018, 02:35 PM
Rhiannon:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/L8y5hnrDcxQ" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

is it me or is it just weird that the keyboard guy is so prominently up front at front of stage during this song and not Christine?? Where did she go?? Why isn't she on it?? Weird to not have Lindsey or Chris up front with Stevie on this one for a Mac show :shrug:

jwd
10-05-2018, 02:42 PM
I've sifted through quite a few videos already and have not seen or heard even one of Christine! Am I missing something?!

And I want to hear how Mike sounds on "Oh Well"!

I do like what I've heard of "Hypnotized". The harmonies are spot on and Neil sounds good on lead. He's no Bob Welch, but not bad.

bombaysaffires
10-05-2018, 02:43 PM

Christine is mentioned in passing twice. That's it. The whole thing is about Stevie and Neil and Mike, with Mick thrown in. John barely gets a mention as well.

Stevie sounded ok on many songs but Free Falling was most definitely NOT one of them.

Mr Scarrott
10-05-2018, 02:54 PM
"Hypnotized" was a Bob Welch song not a Danny Kirwan song.

Yes, I'm more than aware of that and have been for longer than I care to remember. I didn't feel the need to spell it out. My comment about Danny's songs was clearly in relation to Tell me all the things you do. Neil was taking the lead on both songs (unless my memory is at fault here re TMATTYD),so that was the compare and contrast I was trying to explore. Your own post proclaims [Finn] could easily sing lead on a ton of Kirwan or Welch songs if they choose to play them, so I was expanding on that idea.

kak125
10-05-2018, 02:56 PM
Oh well

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dgnl_NGHzNk" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mr Scarrott
10-05-2018, 03:23 PM
I've sifted through quite a few videos already and have not seen or heard even one of Christine! Am I missing something?!

And I want to hear how Mike sounds on "Oh Well"!

I do like what I've heard of "Hypnotized". The harmonies are spot on and Neil sounds good on lead. He's no Bob Welch, but not bad.

You make loving fun (on Facebook). I'm not sure about the whale in the background...is it an elephant in the room?

https://www.facebook.com/mike.arpin.56/videos/10161138197900492/

FuzzyPlum
10-05-2018, 03:31 PM

I'm going to have to take your word for it. I haven't seen or heard it but I'm sure I read somebody somewhere say Stevie sang the lead and Neil sang back up vocals on Hypnotized. But if its Neil then fair enough- thats one more for him.

He could easily sing lead on a ton of Kirwan songs???? Yes, I know. But he doesn't. That's my point. He's just wasted. If they are going to have him- why doesn't he sing more. They are playing TATTYD but I understand Chris is singing that. For the record I'd have gone with Like it This Way or Jewel Eyed Judy. Actually, I'd also have also welcomed the much talked about Station Man.

He's a world class songwriter??? Yes. He is. But he isnt going to write and record anything with this bunch. If they had any inclination to record they could have easily done something ahead of this tour. The fact they haven't even done an EP collection suggests this is a short lived iteration.

Mr Scarrott
10-05-2018, 03:38 PM
Hypnotized clip (facebook)

https://www.facebook.com/brian.morris.900388/videos/2216432741934876/

Neil does sound good, imo.

SteveMacD
10-05-2018, 03:44 PM
Yes, I'm more than aware of that and have been for longer than I care to remember. I didn't feel the need to spell it out.

Your handle is “Mr. Scarrott” FFS!!! :laugh:

FuzzyPlum
10-05-2018, 03:51 PM

For me, that might be a highlight by the looks of it. I do hope its not a bathroom break for the masses though.

Mr Scarrott
10-05-2018, 03:55 PM
Your handle is “Mr. Scarrott” FFS!!! :laugh:

Well, my dear old wife did have problems telling Danny and Bob apart. I suspect that's why she was asked to leave the band. She had so much more poetry to offer. It's such a shame.

SteveMacD
10-05-2018, 03:59 PM
He could easily sing lead on a ton of Kirwan songs???? Yes, I know. But he doesn't. That's my point. He's just wasted.
He sings one Danny song, which is more than we’ve had in over 40 years. However, the two songs of Neil’s, especially DDIO, have greater cultural significance than anything Danny ever did, and I absolutely love Danny.

If they are going to have him- why doesn't he sing more. They are playing TATTYD but I understand Chris is singing that.
Christine sings with him, like she did when Stevie and Lindsey did it back in the day. But to your overall point, he sang lead or co-lead on at least ten songs.

And Neil is a world class songwriter. He had his share of pop success, but ultimately followed a more artistic route. If anything, I wish they’d do one from his most recent album that featured Mick.

sodascouts
10-05-2018, 04:09 PM
It must be a strange feeling for Neil that a song which is no doubt a highlight of his own shows and would always get a huge crowd response, DDIO, is introduced by Mick almost apologetically, and then Stevie has to sing lead on half of it to make sure the audience pays attention.

jwd
10-05-2018, 04:15 PM
Oh well

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dgnl_NGHzNk" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thank You!

That was good, and fun! Although Mike might be a little lax in his vocal capability, you can't deny that he can play! He's very good! He sounds like Tom, so that is endearing to me. It makes up for it. I'd give it an A!

jwd
10-05-2018, 04:25 PM
You make loving fun (on Facebook). I'm not sure about the whale in the background...is it an elephant in the room?

https://www.facebook.com/mike.arpin.56/videos/10161138197900492/

I couldn't get that to play through for me. So still no Christine. I remember this was one of the songs she's sounded pitchy on lately. How's the old girl sounding these days?

jwd
10-05-2018, 04:26 PM

This was GOOD, REALLY GOOD! Neil sounds almost as good as Bob here. Plus I LOVE that song. But, I'm still not going.

Mr Scarrott
10-05-2018, 04:31 PM
[QUOTE=jwd;1238604]I couldn't get that to play through for me. So still no Christine. I remember this was one of the songs she's sounded pitchy on lately. How's the old girl sounding these days?[/QUOTE

I thought she sounded OK on YMLF... On Isn't it midnight (snippet below),not so much... maybe she picked up a bit later in the song.

https://www.facebook.com/FleetwoodMacNews/videos/1892668897447089/

jwd
10-05-2018, 04:49 PM
[QUOTE=jwd;1238604]I couldn't get that to play through for me. So still no Christine. I remember this was one of the songs she's sounded pitchy on lately. How's the old girl sounding these days?[/QUOTE

I thought she sounded OK on YMLF... On Isn't it midnight (snippet below),not so much... maybe she picked up a bit later in the song.

Yeah, kinda fell flat. It was a short clip though. Another one of my favorites. So much energy to that song. I'd be more curious as to how Mike and Neil did on the guitar parts. Cause Lindsey kicks that **** out of that one!!!

Hawkeye
10-05-2018, 05:29 PM
I saw the DC 24K show and it seemed different, but then again - damn legal weed.

No you’re correct, the 24KG version is considerably longer with more repetition of the Baby baby baby you cant........now portion. And then after that she’d repeat the chorus twice. A much better arrangement since it makes the song go out with a bang rather then the wimper of this version.

Not bad, especially instrumentally, but like I say above this version sucks compared to The ones on the 24KG tour. But there hasn’t been a tour yet since 2003 where she hasn’t improved songs as the tour goes on.

David
10-05-2018, 05:53 PM
I'm not sure about the whale in the background...is it an elephant in the room
What is up with that?! I thought it was a trailer for "The Meg."

MikeInNV
10-05-2018, 06:40 PM
Christine incorrectly told the audience that Danny was a founder member of the band, which was odd, and didn't appear to refer to his passing which was a little strange.

Had this been Stevie, this would have been its own thread with three to four hundred comments already.

Nicks Fan
10-05-2018, 08:20 PM
[QUOTE=MikeInNV;1238627]Had this been Stevie, this would have been its own thread with three to four hundred comments already.[/QUOTE

I think the the hard core fans just are not interested. I left most of the Facebook groups. What was the point of arguing with people over stupid things.

jwd
10-05-2018, 09:46 PM

OMFG! I've listened to this so many times now. I need a full on version of this song NOW! Always been one of my favorite FM songs of all time.

gldstwmn
10-05-2018, 11:56 PM

There's a longer clip somewhere where she really starts to hit her stride and then it cuts off. :(

MoonSister75
10-06-2018, 03:08 AM

Absolutely love this clip. Neil's voice is a perfect match for the song, and the harmonies with Stevie and Chris are magical.

Looking forward to more videos of these shows!! and seeing how the performances improve over time :cool:

Murrow
10-06-2018, 12:08 PM
Actually really enjoying what I've seen of these (though I'm not sure about Stevie singing Black Magic Woman).

A great set - only I would leave out Monday Morning and Second Hand News and replace them with Sentimental Lady and Freedom.

Feather Blade
10-06-2018, 03:19 PM
Actually really enjoying what I've seen of these (though I'm not sure about Stevie singing Black Magic Woman).

A great set - only I would leave out Monday Morning and Second Hand News and replace them with Sentimental Lady and Freedom.

Those are great choices.

TheWILDheart
10-06-2018, 03:35 PM
I'd ditch Monday Morning in favour of Blue Letter. A legit Fleetwood Mac song but not a Lindsey song since he didn't write it.

Murrow
10-06-2018, 04:01 PM
Those are great choices.

Well Sentimental Lady was a hit, even if for Bob rather than them, and Freedom is the only Nicks/Campbell co-write ever issued by Fleetwood Mac.

AncientQueen
10-06-2018, 04:05 PM
I really need to hear Hypnotized it's my favorite FM song after all. The short clip sounds pretty good.

annabellee
10-06-2018, 04:06 PM
Watching that Storms video makes me so glad that I have tickets.

sue
10-06-2018, 05:40 PM
I’d like them to play ‘Ebony Eyes”,
because of the Bob Welch connection. I like the song it’s great pop.

But mainly ......Stevie could drag her mini skirt out....
No, no, no, I just like the song...

jwd
10-06-2018, 06:22 PM
Not sure if this has been posted yet. But here's Crowded House with Stevie guesting on vocals.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TxNiMpaxPOI" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Feather Blade
10-06-2018, 06:36 PM
Not sure if this has been posted yet. But here's Crowded House with Stevie guesting on vocals.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TxNiMpaxPOI" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wow, that was nice.

SteveMacD
10-06-2018, 06:36 PM
Thanks for posting!

FM77
10-06-2018, 06:59 PM
Perfection!

Dreamz19
10-06-2018, 08:44 PM

I thought that maybe I wasn't a huge fan of Neil's live voice, but I realize I'm just not a fan of his voice on Lindsey's songs. He did great here and on Hypnotized. I'd love to hear him do more Bob Welch songs.

BLY
10-06-2018, 08:46 PM
Amazing.....Loved it!

bombaysaffires
10-06-2018, 08:49 PM
was Chris playing keyboards on this??

Frankenstein
10-06-2018, 08:53 PM
Campbell’s playing on Black Magic Woman is great.

Stevie’s vocals are actually pretty impressive, but I’m not sure how I feel about her singing the song.

missundercover
10-07-2018, 03:42 AM

Love the SHADE (:lol:), but...

I hate to say it: I loved that. :shocked:

vivfox
10-08-2018, 10:21 PM
(Highlight Reel) The Chain, Little Lies, Dreams,Rhiannon, World Turning, Don't Dream It's Over, Landslide, You Make Loving Fun, Gold Dust Woman, Go Your Own Way, Free Fallin', Don't Stop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knlzI-3g05c

gldstwmn
10-09-2018, 05:29 PM
Marriage proposal during Landslide:
https://youtu.be/lRE716_5cwc

Good luck kids! :angel:

Feather Blade
10-09-2018, 05:37 PM
Marriage proposal during Landslide:
https://youtu.be/lRE716_5cwc

Good luck kids! :angel:

Awww, sweet! I wonder what song he would have made his move on if Landslide had been one of the "must plays" that actually didn't make the set list this time.