PDA

View Full Version : Christine McVie on Later with Jools Holland

wondergirl9847
04-18-2017, 04:28 PM
Saw on Twitter that Christine will be n Jools Holland tonight!

Can't wait to hear what she has to say!

MoonSister75
04-18-2017, 04:36 PM
Saw on Twitter that Christine will be n Jools Holland tonight!

Can't wait to hear what she has to say!

Great - thanks for letting us know. The episode just finished, so I'm replaying it and I've just found Christine! I'll go and watch it now.

MoonSister75
04-18-2017, 04:47 PM
It's a very short interview, I guess she's just there to promote the album and a FM tour is mentioned. He initially points out that it's really most of Fleetwood Mac are on this duet record, and then they play some of IMW with video clips of Lindsey and Christine in the recording studio. Maybe someone can post the clip? She says very little, but good to see her on the show.

edit...if anyone in the UK wants to see it - she was on around 13mins (I think you have to be in the UK to use iplayer although not sure??)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08ndh24/later-with-jools-holland-series-50-live-episode-2

jbrownsjr
04-18-2017, 06:06 PM
It's a very short interview, I guess she's just there to promote the album and a FM tour is mentioned. He initially points out that it's really most of Fleetwood Mac are on this duet record, and then they play some of IMW with video clips of Lindsey and Christine in the recording studio. Maybe someone can post the clip? She says very little, but good to see her on the show.

edit...if anyone in the UK wants to see it - she was on around 13mins (I think you have to be in the UK to use iplayer although not sure??)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08ndh24/later-with-jools-holland-series-50-live-episode-2

There's actual footage of them in the studio?

Elliefw
04-18-2017, 06:53 PM
Love the studio footage. I hope that's the promo video for the single they showed there

jbrownsjr
04-18-2017, 07:27 PM
Love the studio footage. I hope that's the promo video for the single they showed there

Can you describe it?

aleuzzi
04-18-2017, 09:21 PM
Can you describe it?

Yes, please, Elliefw!

Elliefw
04-18-2017, 11:01 PM
It's litterally just loads of really short clips of them in the studio whilst the songs playing. Only bout a minute long at best. Mostly of Christine I'd say actually. Micks in the background on one of them. It just shows them playing guitar/piano, writing lyrics, talking, hugging etc... They look so casual and relaxed.

Sorry I tried my best to describe it :lol:

jbrownsjr
04-18-2017, 11:21 PM
It's litterally just loads of really short clips of them in the studio whilst the songs playing. Only bout a minute long at best. Mostly of Christine I'd say actually. Micks in the background on one of them. It just shows them playing guitar/piano, writing lyrics, talking, hugging etc... They look so casual and relaxed.

Sorry I tried my best to describe it :lol:

thanks!!!!!!

michelej1
04-19-2017, 12:34 AM
It just shows them playing guitar/piano, writing lyrics, talking, hugging etc... They look so casual and relaxed.

Awww. Hugging.

Thanks for the recap. Michele

FuzzyPlum
04-19-2017, 01:51 AM
Oh damn, my in-laws went to Later... this week. I'll have to ask them about it when I get the chance. It's a real shame she didn't play or sing anything. It would have been great hearing her playing something with Jools- I think they share a similar interest in music. Get Like You Used To Be or some other bluesy number....even Don't Stop. Even better, Ed Sheeran was one of the studio guests- It would have been amazing if she'd duetted with ES. Anyway, the interview segment was really short. The clip was nice. It was nice to see them looking really relaxed and casual in the studio- Christine in particular. At one point there's a shot over her shoulder of her writing down lyrics- not much but...

'...love for you, I can't conceal, that's how I feel (about you) you are the sky'

I'd guess at that one being 'Feel About You'.

Another minor thing I noticed about her in the studio- most of the time she seemed to be chewing gum.
Anyway, Jools called In My World a great record (though I'm sure he may have been being polite as much as anything else). However he also described the album as great and said 'you have a lot of interesting things on it'.

sue
04-19-2017, 05:08 AM
Later with Jools Holland is repeated on Friday night......
Usually about 11pm, it's a longer version an hour long.
So maybe we will see a bit more of Christine
It's on BBC 4...tv

jbrownsjr
04-19-2017, 08:15 AM
Later with Jools Holland is repeated on Friday night......
Usually about 11pm, it's a longer version an hour long.
So maybe we will see a bit more of Christine
It's on BBC 4...tv

Film it on your iphone and post it. :thumbsup::lol::wavey:

sue
04-19-2017, 09:35 AM
Film it on your iphone and post it. :thumbsup::lol::wavey:

🙈🙈🙈....Hey I'll give it a try, but at almost 70, some techno stuff is sometimes beyond me....
Maybe sweet baby JAMES89...will have the know how.
But as I say I'll have a go.

jbrownsjr
04-19-2017, 09:39 AM
🙈🙈🙈....Hey I'll give it a try, but at almost 70, some techno stuff is sometimes beyond me....
Maybe sweet baby JAMES89...will have the know how.
But as I say I'll have a go.

Awwww Sue... big hug and kiss to you.

Don't worry if you don't get it.. I'll use my imagination. :thumbsup:

sue
04-19-2017, 11:09 AM
Awwww Sue... big hug and kiss to you.

Don't worry if you don't get it.. I'll use my imagination. :thumbsup:

Well, I will stay up late and give a written report.😘😘😘
Actually Jools Holland on a Friday is a pretty good show with Ed Sheeran headlining this week (sorry not a fan)

Elliefw
04-19-2017, 02:17 PM
I've filmed the clip on my phone, is it even possible to upload it here? I can't seem to :confused:

jbrownsjr
04-19-2017, 04:57 PM
I've filmed the clip on my phone, is it even possible to upload it here? I can't seem to :confused:

Giulia??....

I think you have to put it on photobucket or a video landing space to host the video, then link it.

SisterNightroad
04-19-2017, 05:00 PM
Yes, you should upload it on a video site like Youtube and then embed the code here.

elle
04-19-2017, 05:07 PM

Yes, you should upload it on a video site like Youtube and then embed the code here.

well, it's not that "you should" but we'd be extremely grateful if you'd consider uploading some place like youtube (or mediafire) and then link us from here (or embed it here).

thanks so much for filming it!! :wavey:

ViscountViktor
04-19-2017, 05:21 PM
Right, that's me off to iPlayer to watch!

Can't stand Jools Holland normally.

jbrownsjr
04-19-2017, 06:28 PM
Right, that's me off to iPlayer to watch!

Can't stand Jools Holland normally.

making me jealous.. you brits get everything! ;)

ViscountViktor
04-19-2017, 06:39 PM
making me jealous.. you brits get everything! ;)

Yep, the biennial general elections are a big perk as well :cool:

jbrownsjr
04-19-2017, 09:28 PM

You win this round, Viktor!! :lol:

Nathan
04-20-2017, 12:19 AM
well, it's not that "you should" but we'd be extremely grateful if you'd consider uploading some place like youtube (or mediafire) and then link us from here (or embed it here).

thanks so much for filming it!! :wavey:

Important distinction. Yes please, we would be grateful! 👍

ViscountViktor
04-20-2017, 04:51 AM
Very short interview, Christine all alone at a table, looked quite isolated, the shots from the studio were great but the chat with Jools was quite stilted, she gave very short replies, ended up mentioning her 17 year break, and she seemed uncomfortable when Jools mentioned it was essentially a FM record, talked a bit about touring but really nothing substantial and if I'm honest I don't think she came acrosd that interested/excited about the album.

sue
04-20-2017, 05:29 AM

Definitely off to The Peak District for a week of walking.Round about 8th of June..
Incomudicado and the TV etc switched off....

jbrownsjr
04-20-2017, 10:23 AM

I'm dying to see it.

James89
04-20-2017, 11:11 AM
Very short interview, Christine all alone at a table, looked quite isolated, the shots from the studio were great but the chat with Jools was quite stilted, she gave very short replies, ended up mentioning her 17 year break, and she seemed uncomfortable when Jools mentioned it was essentially a FM record, talked a bit about touring but really nothing substantial and if I'm honest I don't think she came acrosd that interested/excited about the album.

I thought it was ok but I think that's just Christine's personality. She doesn't get extremely enthusiastic about things.

FuzzyPlum
04-20-2017, 11:32 AM
I've noticed (not just in this interview but on other occasions too) her speech is a bit slurry. She almost sounds a bit like she's drunk. I'm sure she's isn't- I think it may be because she's either had work done on her teeth or work on her lips. Not critical of that but its just something I've noticed when I hear her speaking.

jbrownsjr
04-20-2017, 11:37 AM
I've noticed (not just in this interview but on other occasions too) her speech is a bit slurry. She almost sounds a bit like she's drunk. I'm sure she's isn't- I think it may be because she's either had work done on her teeth or work on her lips. Not critical of that but its just something I've noticed when I hear her speaking.

McBotox:lol:

Elliefw
04-20-2017, 01:05 PM
I'm gunna have another go at trying to upload it, had no luck with photobucket so I'm gunna try YouTube instead

jbrownsjr
04-20-2017, 01:10 PM
I'm gunna have another go at trying to upload it, had no luck with photobucket so I'm gunna try YouTube instead

Thanks!!! :blob1::blob1::wavey:

bombaysaffires
04-20-2017, 01:46 PM
Oh damn, my in-laws went to Later... this week. I'll have to ask them about it when I get the chance. It's a real shame she didn't play or sing anything. It would have been great hearing her playing something with Jools- I think they share a similar interest in music. Get Like You Used To Be or some other bluesy number....even Don't Stop. Even better, Ed Sheeran was one of the studio guests- It would have been amazing if she'd duetted with ES. Anyway, the interview segment was really short. The clip was nice. It was nice to see them looking really relaxed and casual in the studio- Christine in particular. At one point there's a shot over her shoulder of her writing down lyrics- not much but...

'...love for you, I can't conceal, that's how I feel (about you) you are the sky'

I'd guess at that one being 'Feel About You'.

Another minor thing I noticed about her in the studio- most of the time she seemed to be chewing gum.
Anyway, Jools called In My World a great record (though I'm sure he may have been being polite as much as anything else). However he also described the album as great and said 'you have a lot of interesting things on it'.

chewing gum is often a substitute for smoking.

bombaysaffires
04-20-2017, 01:47 PM

think it's def at least partly due to her veneers.

MoonSister75
04-20-2017, 02:09 PM
Just had a chance to watch it again. Her voice is a little slurry but definitely not in a drunk way. She could just be a little nervous, as she hasn't done many TV interviews for a while and she's there on her own. I also noticed it in interviews she did here on the radio a couple of years ago.

I hope you all get to see the clip soon. It's worth it just for the studio footage - her and Lindsey look great together, and she does give him a very warm hug :)

edit...its' more of a stutter at one point rather than a slur, which makes me think it is just nerves

sue
04-20-2017, 02:30 PM
Especially for you JBrownsjr.....here goes

On Jools Holland...
Christine looked very healthy, slightly tanned and very slim.
She wore a leather biker type jacket and had mussed up rock-chick super blonde hair...she looked the business.

SHe was asked about the new record and then joked about having taken 16 years off!!!! But coming back because she missed being on stage.

There was a short clip of LB and CM working in the studio, all smiles and supposed writing of lyrics on A4 pad. It was obviously very posed.

And that was it.....Jools mentioned about hearing more from this record that he waved in front of the camera.

Very short, I don't think she mumbled or was having problems with her veneers, I think she was a bit nervous.....but she looked great.

Elliefw
04-20-2017, 02:45 PM
YouTube isn't working for me either :shocked: so I can't upload it, don't know why I'm having so much trouble with it, the clips only 3 mins long :confused:

jbrownsjr
04-20-2017, 03:14 PM
YouTube isn't working for me either :shocked: so I can't upload it, don't know why I'm having so much trouble with it, the clips only 3 mins long :confused:
If you want to email me the video, I can upload it for everyone.

my email is jbrownsjr@aol.com

jbrownsjr
04-20-2017, 03:14 PM
Especially for you JBrownsjr.....here goes

On Jools Holland...
Christine looked very healthy, slightly tanned and very slim.
She wore a leather biker type jacket and had mussed up rock-chick super blonde hair...she looked the business.

SHe was asked about the new record and then joked about having taken 16 years off!!!! But coming back because she missed being on stage.

There was a short clip of LB and CM working in the studio, all smiles and supposed writing of lyrics on A4 pad. It was obviously very posed.

And that was it.....Jools mentioned about hearing more from this record that he waved in front of the camera.

Very short, I don't think she mumbled or was having problems with her veneers, I think she was a bit nervous.....but she looked great.

Thanks, Sue! I will be good from now on. Mostly. lol

sue
04-20-2017, 03:18 PM
Thanks, Sue! I will be good from now on. Mostly. lol

Hahhahhha......😀😀😀😀😀😀

Elliefw
04-20-2017, 03:39 PM
I've emailed you the video jbrownsjr 👍

aleuzzi
04-20-2017, 03:54 PM

Excellent, Elliefw! Knowing jbrownsjr, we'll soon get a chance to see what you see...

jbrownsjr
04-20-2017, 03:58 PM
Excellent, Elliefw! Knowing jbrownsjr, we'll soon get a chance to see what you see...

Everyone but Tony can see it.

jbrownsjr
04-20-2017, 04:02 PM

Not here yet... I'll give it another hour... sometimes my aol account is so slow..

aleuzzi
04-20-2017, 04:22 PM
Everyone but Tony can see it.

John, you're my personal sadist.

jbrownsjr
04-20-2017, 04:33 PM
John, you're my personal sadist.

LOL>.. everyone wants a personal sadist. :)

aleuzzi
04-20-2017, 04:46 PM
LOL>.. everyone wants a personal sadist. :)

Has Anyone Ever Been a Sadist for You?

jbrownsjr
04-20-2017, 05:39 PM
Has Anyone Ever Been a Sadist for You?

well I have

aleuzzi
04-20-2017, 05:47 PM
well I have

When they ask you...and they do ask you...

jbrownsjr
04-20-2017, 06:28 PM
When they ask you...and they do ask you...

in your most pretentious hour...

Elliefw
04-20-2017, 06:53 PM
^^^ I've tried sending it again love Incase the first time didn't work, my phones being very temperamental at the moment :rolleyes:

jbrownsjr
04-20-2017, 07:05 PM
^^^ I've tried sending it again love Incase the first time didn't work, my phones being very temperamental at the moment :rolleyes:

We get an A for effort

Elliefw
04-20-2017, 07:23 PM
Did it work?

jbrownsjr
04-21-2017, 03:47 AM
Did it work?

No... :( It wouldn't even play it. Different format.

Elliefw
04-21-2017, 06:42 AM
Aw no. That's me out of ideas then sorry :shrug:

TrueFaith77
04-21-2017, 06:46 AM
Can someone film the show on Skype and someone else record the Skype session on his/her phone and then upload it to YouTube?

elle
04-21-2017, 08:16 AM
facebook live? periscope?

ViscountViktor
04-21-2017, 09:00 AM
People really want to see this clip don't they.:lol:

sue
04-21-2017, 10:10 AM

I know...weird
I've seen it on iplayer, and it's 3 minutes long and gives no detail at all.

TrueFaith77
04-21-2017, 10:14 AM

Well my post was a joke :lol:

James89
04-21-2017, 11:26 AM
Guys, it's really not worth seeing. It's Christine saying very briefly what we've already heard followed by a short video of her and Lindsey in the studio with In My World (which is as it sounds) and that's about it. Coupled with her unenthusiasm, it's not something to worry about.

xhector
04-21-2017, 11:30 AM
Hey I made a video! with a screen capture program.

Here's the link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/854kla4v3a77mrq/Christine_McVie_on_Later_with_Jools_Holland.wmv

jenniferuk
04-21-2017, 11:47 AM

Here's the link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/854kla4v3a77mrq/Christine_McVie_on_Later_with_Jools_Holland.wmv
Thank you! Worked a charm and I'm delighted to see the studio footage, even though brief. It's a thrill to see CM at work.

elle
04-21-2017, 11:56 AM

Here's the link:

thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!! :wavey: :blob1::xoxo:

love the studio footage, so much of it too!! Christine looks fabulous, so fit!

jbrownsjr
04-21-2017, 12:54 PM
I seriously have tears in my eyes. That was amazing!! I love this woman so much. I think she looked and sounds amazing. She's always chewing gum.. (see Dance footage). She always talks like that. I don't think she was uncomfortable at all. I know that she doesn't like a lot of spotlight a whole lot.

Glad she loves touring!!

THANK YOU everyone that tried and succeeded. Very grateful.

lennonfan
04-21-2017, 01:39 PM
thanks for that! I never knew Christine was left handed:)

GypsySorcerer
04-21-2017, 03:44 PM
Thank you!!! :blob1:

LOVED the studio footage. :woohoo: Something about Buckingham/McVie just makes me smile. Always has.

aleuzzi
04-21-2017, 03:52 PM
Of course my quicktime software can't open the link. Don't know why.

I saw the other promo video for Buckingham-McVie and she looked GREAT in those. But, again, NO CHRISTINE VOCALS on new material. Come on!!!!!!!! The wait almost three years now) is friggin' maddening. Why are they doing this to us?

ViscountViktor
04-21-2017, 05:06 PM
I'm glad you guys in the US can finally see it :)

Elliefw
04-21-2017, 05:19 PM

Here's the link:

Ahh glad someone finally managed it 😂👍

jwd
04-21-2017, 05:37 PM

Here's the link:

Christine, I love you! Your song and voice brought me into FM 42 yrs ago! I'm so happy you're still using your talent to craft new songs for us to hear! Thanks to you and Lindsey for giving us this new record!

Thanks for letting us see this footage! Short, but very sweet! :wavey:

sue
04-21-2017, 05:43 PM
On Friday night longer showing of Jools Holland...the interview with Christine is MUCH longer.
She talks of her Blues background and Chicken Shack.
YEs Fleetwood mac will be touring next year.
No Stevie is n't on the new Album, she had other projects.
Get copying whoever is able....this is far more interesting .

Xhector if you can for all US fans.

tango87
04-21-2017, 05:45 PM
On Friday night longer showing of Jools Holland...the interview with Christine is MUCH longer.

Yes, a much better interview too - she seemed a lot more relaxed. She agreed with Jools that the album is an 'almost Fleetwood Mac album'... Lots about her great working relationship with Lindsey, and a longer clip of the song with studio footage.

elle
04-21-2017, 06:26 PM

Here's the link:
one of the screencaps -

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i399/ellellew/hug%201ed_zpsfrt7zmz5.jpg (http://s1091.photobucket.com/user/ellellew/media/hug%201ed_zpsfrt7zmz5.jpg.html)

can't wait to see / hear longer version!

i'm not sure what people are talking about when they say she sounds off somehow - she always sounds like this in interviews to me, at least in the last 3-4 years.

jbrownsjr
04-21-2017, 06:51 PM
^^^ she sounds great to me, as well...

button-lip
04-21-2017, 07:18 PM

Here's the link:

Gracias! :)

button-lip
04-21-2017, 07:20 PM
Yes, a much better interview too - she seemed a lot more relaxed. She agreed with Jools that the album is an 'almost Fleetwood Mac album'... Lots about her great working relationship with Lindsey, and a longer clip of the song with studio footage.

Someone has a "great working relationship with Lindsey"? Shocking! :eek::shocked::lol:

jbrownsjr
04-21-2017, 07:30 PM
Someone has a "great working relationship with Lindsey"? Shocking! :eek::shocked::lol:

It's not true!! He's only being nice to Christine and his own wife to make Stevie jealous!!

HomerMcvie
04-21-2017, 07:36 PM
It's not true!! He's only being nice to Christine and his own wife to make Stevie jealous!!

I feel like I know exactly how he feels about Stevie. Like I'm channeling him or something. And if I'm correct, and I am, I can tell you,

That he doesn't give a squat about her!:woohoo::eek::lol:

jbrownsjr
04-21-2017, 07:45 PM
I feel like I know exactly how he feels about Stevie. Like I'm channeling him or something. And if I'm correct, and I am, I can tell you,

I've always felt that Lindsey sees her pretension. She speaks about herself like she's some entity. It's really annoying.

TrueFaith77
04-21-2017, 07:50 PM

Yet, the first single is about her

button-lip
04-21-2017, 07:51 PM

Why do we ALWAYS has to bring poor, poor Stevie into our talks? :lol:

Please, don't make us look as if we're jealous because she fills arenas! :lol:

jbrownsjr
Yet, the first single is about her

I feel like the line "bless my soul, left the night of her"

... is about him being proud of himself for stepping away from her big bag of BS.

bombaysaffires
it was interesting to watch her dodge the inference Jools was making that "isn't this sort of really a FM album?" He didn't use those words of course but he did say something like "There are an awful lot of people from Fleetwood Mac on this record". She had a momentary hesitation and then she gave what has clearly been decided as the story "Well we were rehearsing for a tour and we were all just in the same city" She gave the "we just happened to all be in the same city" answer a couple of times as regards to how it was that she, Lindsey, Mick and John are all on the album. :lol:

They are doing the don't piss off Stevie dance. :nod:

It was actually a very brief segment with her. And for him to not even have a clue that she'd taken 16 years off??? "Would YOU ever consider taking a year off Christine?" :eek:

It's hard not to compare the footage of her and Lindsey working on this album with the footage of Lindsey working with Stevie (his other blonde) on the SYW album....

I'm hoping the fact that they seem to have all this footage of them making this album means we might see a DVD along with it......

button-lip
04-21-2017, 08:05 PM
I feel like the line "bless my soul, left the night of her"

... is about him being proud of himself for stepping away from her big bag of BS.

Of course. It could be about her, but not in a good way. :shrug:

button-lip
04-21-2017, 08:10 PM
it was interesting to watch her dodge the inference Jools was making that "isn't this sort of really a FM album?" He didn't use those words of course but he did say something like "There are an awful lot of people from Fleetwood Mac on this record". She had a momentary hesitation and then she gave what has clearly been decided as the story "Well we were rehearsing for a tour and we were all just in the same city" She gave the "we just happened to all be in the same city" answer a couple of times as regards to how it was that she, Lindsey, Mick and John are all on the album. :lol:

Already counting the times they will have to deal with this question ...

I'm hoping the fact that they seem to have all this footage of them making this album means we might see a DVD along with it......

Yes, please! :blob1:

HomerMcvie
04-22-2017, 01:15 AM
Why do we ALWAYS has to bring poor, poor Stevie into our talks? :lol:

Please, don't make us look as if we're jealous because she fills arenas! :lol:

I'm just glad she's gone for this tour!

And please, let's not talk about the "lowest common denominator"! Justin Bieber appeals to the masses!

Ooh look, a shiny object!!! :wavey::lol:

sue
04-22-2017, 06:07 AM

And please, let's not talk about the "lowest common denominator"! Justin Bieber appeals to the masses!

Dear Homer,
May I ask you, and I am being serious, when your dislike for Stevie first happened?
Did it creep up on you, or was there one moment when you thought,"you know this woman is just about the obnoxious thing on the planet"
I ask out of true interest and am not taking the p**ss.
(I can take her or leave her, but I really like the 70's version of Stevie.)

If you don't want to answer, just tell me to do one, I'll understand.

Sue

SisterNightroad
04-22-2017, 06:16 AM

Fleetwood Mac appeals to masses too.

FuzzyPlum
04-22-2017, 06:19 AM

Xhector if you can for all US fans.

I've just watched the extended interview with Christine.

To echo Sue this is a much more interesting interview. In fact its not an extended version of the previous interview, it looks as if it was an altogether different take, except slightly longer. Some of the questions are phrased differently. The snippets of Chris and Lindsey in the studio is slightly longer and ends with the smiley hug that was on the recently released tour promo (only its slightly extended; Christine playfully strokes Lindsey's head/face).

There's not really any new info in the interview but its more detailed. Jools says there's a Fleetwood Mac tour next year and Chris says 'that is correct' and then adds 'hopefully'.

Chris: I love working with Lindsey, we have a good musical connection, we always have had. I love him working on my songs, I love his guitar playing.

The interview ends on a nice humorous note. She's asked what advice she'd give Ed Sheeran. She says 'stay on your own mate'.

HomerMcvie
04-22-2017, 09:22 AM
Dear Homer,
May I ask you, and I am being serious, when your dislike for Stevie first happened?
Did it creep up on you, or was there one moment when you thought,"you know this woman is just about the obnoxious thing on the planet"
I ask out of true interest and am not taking the p**ss.
(I can take her or leave her, but I really like the 70's version of Stevie.)

If you don't want to answer, just tell me to do one, I'll understand.

Sue
I used to love her, 1975-1985. Bella Donna is a masterpiece, IMO. But then her recordings became sub par, and she became a caricature of herself.

And these days, she WANTS to call the shots with FM, but she can't. Which(IMO) is why she isn't on this new effort. "If I can't have my way, I just won't play!"

Not to mention her fan base, many of whom think she can do no wrong. Truth be told, their worship fueled my dislike, to what it is today.

So yeah, my dislike began with OSOTM, and has grown significantly over the years.

I can't tell you how excited I am to see Lindsey and Chris in June. I TRULY think they're going to enjoy this "duets" tour more than anything they've ever done. No band politics, no stress.

sue
04-22-2017, 10:31 AM
I used to love her, 1975-1985. Bella Donna is a masterpiece, IMO. But then her recordings became sub par, and she became a caricature of herself.

And these days, she WANTS to call the shots with FM, but she can't. Which(IMO) is why she isn't on this new effort. "If I can't have my way, I just won't play!"

Not to mention her fan base, many of whom think she can do no wrong. Truth be told, their worship fueled my dislike, to what it is today.

So yeah, my dislike began with OSOTM, and has grown significantly over the years.

I can't tell you how excited I am to see Lindsey and Chris in June. I TRULY think they're going to enjoy this "duets" tour more than anything they've ever done. No band politics, no stress.

Thanks for that..
And I think you are right about the forth coming "duets" tour.
A breath of fresh air. Which will be welcome. Am very jealous of my US buddies.

Oh and no Mick whipping up some kind of non existent magic and chemistry
between LB and SN...

HomerMcvie
04-22-2017, 10:44 AM
Thanks for that..
And I think you are right about the forth coming "duets" tour.
A breath of fresh air. Which will be welcome. Am very jealous of my US buddies.

Oh and no Mick whipping up some kind of non existent magic and chemistry
between LB and SN...

Wish you could magically pop over for a show. Nashville tickets for the general public (not presale) just went on sale 38 minutes ago, and my friends just got 6th row, off to Christine's side(assuming she'll be stage right, like with FM). A different friend got me 4th row center, this past Monday Morning(I had to capitalize it! lol). I'm so excited for this show!!!!!!!:blob1::blob1::blob1::blob1::blob1:

michelej1
04-22-2017, 10:49 AM
I've always felt that Lindsey sees her pretension. She speaks about herself like she's some entity. It's really annoying.

he's known her since she was 17, if he can't see her pretension, he'd be a complete and utter idiot. Actually, when he said she fancied herself a poet, even as a teenager, I think he was quietly saying that she was pretentious even then. But lovable. And she did have lovable traits for a very long time. It's only recently that we don't see them as much in interviews. The interviews focus on her iconic, legendary status more than they did in the old days, so you see her playing that role, rather than showing her more human qualities like she did in the old interviews. Those made up for the bombast in the past.

I am sure Lindsey loves her and that they all do. Are they fed up as well? Naturally.

If I were them, I would actually embrace the question of why it is almost all FM on the album. I would just say that Stevie didn't want to record. Will it anger her? Well, probably, but she has said she didn't want to record herself. It's no secret. Furthermore, even if she is angry, it would not be angry enough for her to not tour with them a last time. She wants the tour money as much as they do.

I am sick of them always playing it so safe.

Michele

michelej1
04-22-2017, 10:51 AM

Here's the link:

That was wonderful of you.

Michele

sue
04-22-2017, 10:53 AM
Wish you could magically pop over for a show. Nashville tickets for the general public (not presale) just went on sale 38 minutes ago, and my friends just got 6th row, off to Christine's side(assuming she'll be stage right, like with FM). A different friend got me 4th row center, this past Monday Morning(I had to capitalize it! lol). I'm so excited for this show!!!!!!!:blob1::blob1::blob1::blob1::blob1:

🤗🤗🤗🤢🤢🤗🤗🤗very happy for you and a tad jealous.
Maybe they'll play The UK in late summer.

HomerMcvie
04-22-2017, 10:57 AM
🤗🤗🤗🤢🤢🤗🤗🤗very happy for you and a tad jealous.
Maybe they'll play The UK in late summer.

Thank you. There are still(55 minutes after going on sale) 8th row center available, so I'm scared(for them) that it might not be selling that well. Hope I'm wrong!

I mean, I'm thrilled with my seat, but I want this tour to be a big success for them.

michelej1
04-22-2017, 11:00 AM
Maybe it's nicotine gum.

I saw her writing "you are the sky" lyrics. No. I don't want those.

Well, at least the host spoke to her and it didn't turn into a Lindsey Buckingham What's Up With That!

Michele

button-lip
04-22-2017, 02:03 PM

Same here. I used to like her not so many months ago. But her fan base (together with her recent attitude towards the band/the album) made me slowly dislike her. I really don't get her. Why the need to control everything when you know you can't and you shouldn't? :shrug:

button-lip
04-22-2017, 02:12 PM
And she did have lovable traits for a very long time. It's only recently that we don't see them as much in interviews. The interviews focus on her iconic, legendary status more than they did in the old days, so you see her playing that role, rather than showing her more human qualities like she did in the old interviews. Those made up for the bombast in the past.

One would say with age you soften, but that's not the case here. I'm thinking that what we see now is how she probably was during Rumours.

I am sure Lindsey loves her and that they all do. Are they fed up as well? Naturally.

Hard to switch off the 'love' button, but with time ... and merits. :)

If I were them, I would actually embrace the question of why it is almost all FM on the album. I would just say that Stevie didn't want to record. Will it anger her? Well, probably, but she has said she didn't want to record herself. It's no secret. Furthermore, even if she is angry, it would not be angry enough for her to not tour with them a last time. She wants the tour money as much as they do.

I am sick of them always playing it so safe.

As much as I think Lindsey was the one who had enough with her and went ahead with the duets album, I also think he's the one who asks the rest of the band to avoid "is it an FM album?" question. Because of that love you talked about earlier. :)

HomerMcvie
04-22-2017, 02:13 PM
Same here. I used to like her not so many months ago. But her fan base (together with her recent attitude towards the band/the album) made me slowly dislike her. I really don't get her. Why the need to control everything when you know you can't and you shouldn't? :shrug:

Because she wanted to be a star, not a cleaning lady.

I'm sure she was a nice person, at some point in her life.

elle
04-22-2017, 02:26 PM
As much as I think Lindsey was the one who had enough with her and went ahead with the duets album, I also think he's the one who asks the rest of the band to avoid "is it an FM album?" question. Because of that love you talked about earlier. :)
nope. pretty sure it's Mick.

and others play along because.......... well i have to suspect because of huge truckloads of money they can make touring as 5 next year. i love that BuckVie tour promos have fleetwood mac and their biggest hits interspersed with the new songs in just the right amount. something LB probably wanted since 2009.

button-lip
04-22-2017, 06:34 PM
nope. pretty sure it's Mick.

and others play along because.......... well i have to suspect because of huge truckloads of money they can make touring as 5 next year. i love that BuckVie tour promos have fleetwood mac and their biggest hits interspersed with the new songs in just the right amount. something LB probably wanted since 2009.

I'm sure they ALL love money. Not just Mick and Stevie. Hey, who doesn't love money? :shrug::lol:

And I'm so unbelievably happy for Lindsey. He's finally doing what he wants. And with a talented lady by her side. :woohoo:

FuzzyPlum
04-23-2017, 01:45 AM
I'm sure they ALL love money. Not just Mick and Stevie. Hey, who doesn't love money? :shrug::lol:

Peter Green :wavey:

HomerMcvie
04-23-2017, 01:58 AM
Peter Green :wavey:

You're right. But he's pretty much alone in that group!

MoonSister75
04-23-2017, 04:55 AM
Just watched the longer interview from Jools Holland on Friday night. As others on here have said, Christine is so much more relaxed and enjoying the interview. The other shorter clip was from the live show and they had so little time, I'm not surprised if she was on edge.

I love her advice to Ed Sheeran - Stay on your own mate! Sums is up really doesn't it :angel:

button-lip
04-23-2017, 08:28 AM
You're right. But he's pretty much alone in that group!

Yeah, and I was talking about human race, not just the FM members. We can also add Jeremy Spencer for that matter.

elle
04-23-2017, 11:24 AM
Just watched the longer interview from Jools Holland on Friday night. As others on here have said, Christine is so much more relaxed and enjoying the interview. The other shorter clip was from the live show and they had so little time, I'm not surprised if she was on edge.

I love her advice to Ed Sheeran - Stay on your own mate! Sums is up really doesn't it :angel:

ok people, we do appreciate the descriptions - but can somebody please please please share the recording?? even a short interview was so sublime to see!

MoonSister75
04-23-2017, 12:52 PM
ok people, we do appreciate the descriptions - but can somebody please please please share the recording?? even a short interview was so sublime to see!

I wasn't sure if it had been shared somewhere on here - I haven't kept up with all the threads the last day or two.

This one is definitely worth seeing if someone is able to capture and post it. If jbrownsjn shed a tear over the shorter clip, he'll be in floods of tears over this ;) It's a lovely interview. I'm sure someone can share it :angel:

If I had any clue how to do it, I would do it myself :confused:

xhector
04-23-2017, 01:49 PM
I wasn't sure if it had been shared somewhere on here - I haven't kept up with all the threads the last day or two.

This one is definitely worth seeing if someone is able to capture and post it. If jbrownsjn shed a tear over the shorter clip, he'll be in floods of tears over this ;) It's a lovely interview. I'm sure someone can share it :angel:

If I had any clue how to do it, I would do it myself :confused:

I will try to do it tomorrow :wavey:

elle
04-23-2017, 01:55 PM
we love you xhector, even if you can't do it - just for the first one you shared already! :wavey: :blob1:

michelej1
04-23-2017, 04:16 PM
Most people love money, but these people just made a boatload on the last tour. And without Christine, the other 4 made huge amounts touring since 2003. At some point, isn't it enough?

I mean, we know Mick has had some bad business deals, but aren't the others financially stable? I don't understand them. I thought the purpose of the big machine was to make the little machine possible. Nowadays, the purpose of the big machine is to create a bigger one.

Michele

HomerMcvie
04-23-2017, 04:51 PM
Most people love money, but these people just made a boatload on the last tour. And without Christine, the other 4 made huge amounts touring since 2003. At some point, isn't it enough?

I mean, we know Mick has had some bad business deals, but aren't the others financially stable? I don't understand them. I thought the purpose of the big machine was to make the little machine possible. Nowadays, the purpose of the big machine is to create a bigger one.

Michele
I think it's about feeding their egos. Going out on top, still selling out venues. Speaking of selling out...

jbrownsjr
04-23-2017, 08:28 PM

I'm already crying!! Thanks xhector.. Elle's right.. we love you. :cool:

xhector
04-24-2017, 07:30 AM
I'm already crying!! Thanks xhector.. Elle's right.. we love you. :cool:

LOL thank you, you're all welcome. I don't participate a lot to the Ledge nowadays but I am as obsessed as the most, and I connect often searching for news and opinions and enjoy reading you all. So I'm glad I can be of help with this.

The friday's cut:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/geszw4nhs24gb5g/Christine_McVie_on_Later_with_Jools_Holland_%28friday%29.wmv

tango87
04-24-2017, 08:35 AM
LOL thank you, you're all welcome. I don't participate a lot to the Ledge nowadays but I am as obsessed as the most, and I connect often searching for news and opinions and enjoy reading you all. So I'm glad I can be of help with this.

The friday's cut:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/geszw4nhs24gb5g/Christine_McVie_on_Later_with_Jools_Holland_%28friday%29.wmv

Fantastic XHector, thank you.

jbrownsjr
04-24-2017, 10:49 AM
Christine is such a beautiful person. Thanks for this. it's wonderful.

jenniferuk
04-24-2017, 11:37 AM
Thank you so very much. What a radiant woman obviously peaceful and happy, which is a pleasure to see.

MoonSister75
04-24-2017, 12:14 PM

The friday's cut:

It's great that you were able to do this. You're a star!!:nod:

TrueFaith77
04-24-2017, 02:35 PM

Michele

For the 3 Brits, it's connected to a deep collective Dickensian fear of poverty, the poor house, debtors prison. (Remember why they moved to California.)

For Stevie, I imagine it's as American as Scarlett O'Hara: "As God is my witness, never will I be a cleaning lady slaving over hamburger helper again!"

For Lindsey, he has a wife and three kids and a house...

ViscountViktor
04-24-2017, 03:31 PM
She's so much more relaxed on that version, love her saying she has a great musical connection with Lindsey.

button-lip
04-24-2017, 05:07 PM
Fantastic XHector, thank you.

Thank you, we love you! :blob1:

Gracias, chaval! :thumbsup:

button-lip
04-24-2017, 05:08 PM
She's so much more relaxed on that version, love her saying she has a great musical connection with Lindsey.

That's probably my favorite part. :)

aleuzzi
04-24-2017, 05:56 PM
Finally saw the segment! Christine looks fantastic and sounds good, too, I don't notice any change in her speaking voice, except it's a tad lower than it used to be. Same Brummie accent. In the video clips, she is tall! Very lanky and rocking the quarter-sleeve shirt.

elle
04-24-2017, 06:10 PM

The friday's cut:

you rock!! :wavey: :wavey:

SteveMacD
04-24-2017, 06:50 PM
For the 3 Brits, it's connected to a deep collective Dickensian fear of poverty, the poor house, debtors prison. (Remember why they moved to California.)
To be able to use the Fleetwood Mac name?:shrug:

In any case, the three Brits were friends/family with the likes of the Beatles, Clapton, the Stones, Winwood, Jeff Beck, etc. "If they could, why not us?" And, Christine got things rolling.

secondhandchain
04-24-2017, 10:22 PM
Who knew she liked touring over recording?
Looking at this I realize they are really up there in age and we should just appreciate that they are least trying to be artistic and not be upset if the album is not perfect.

SteveMacD
04-25-2017, 10:02 AM
Maybe it's nicotine gum.

I saw her writing "you are the sky" lyrics. No. I don't want those.

There was also the familiar "I can't conceal/the way that I feel."

ViscountViktor
04-25-2017, 01:27 PM
Finally saw the segment! Christine looks fantastic and sounds good, too, I don't notice any change in her speaking voice, except it's a tad lower than it used to be. Same Brummie accent. In the video clips, she is tall! Very lanky and rocking the quarter-sleeve shirt.

I must admit I've never recognised Christine's accent as Brummie and I live there.

michelej1
04-25-2017, 07:15 PM
There was also the familiar "I can't conceal/the way that I feel."

Dame's going to be writing, "You opened your arms and filled me with your charms" next.