PDA

View Full Version : In My World single, rate it

Jondalar
04-14-2017, 08:07 AM
How do you feel about the first single?

BombaySapphire3
04-14-2017, 08:18 AM
I would rate it as good but not great a 3.5 out of a possible 5 stars.

On Ice
04-14-2017, 08:23 AM
Well written, nicely played and produced. Lots to love although Christine's missing in action is a bit of a misfire- song would have jumped several notches with her warm, lush singing in the chorus.

button-lip
04-14-2017, 08:27 AM
Thanks for not bringing Stevie in the mix.

DauphineMarie
04-14-2017, 09:11 AM
I tend to not listen to Lindsey's solo albums because they lack that distinct "warm" quality that FM albums have. The metallic production on most of SYW turned me off slightly, so I'm guessing this is only going to be an extension of that.. Hopefully Chris breathes some life and soul back into this.

elle
04-14-2017, 09:18 AM
I tend to not listen to Lindsey's solo albums because they lack that distinct "warm" quality that FM albums have. The metallic production on most of SYW turned me off slightly, so I'm guessing this is only going to be an extension of that.. Hopefully Chris breathes some life and soul back into this.

I guess you must like this then since it's exactly diametrically opposite to Lindsey solo or SYW stuff.

My vote went for it sucks, there better be other completely different songs on the album. Some that are actually Lindsey solo quality would be nice.

DauphineMarie
04-14-2017, 09:20 AM
I guess you must like this then since it's exactly diametrically opposite to Lindsey solo or SYW stuff.

My vote went for it sucks, there better be other completely different songs on the album. Some that are actually Lindsey solo quality would be nice.

I voted for it sucks as well. But I should clarify, because SYW and his solo stuff is far and away better than this production wise. Even if it's not exactly what I like, I know that whatever this could turn into has the potential to be exponentially worse.

Jondalar
04-14-2017, 09:25 AM

There is an aloofness to the production that is totally Lindsey Buckingham. He likes things to sound organic but not perfect. However, this is basically a Fleetwood Mac album and people are expecting perfection and warmth. (Not another Tusk.)

I really like this but I have to really listen hard to it to really, really like it. The production is too thin. It's not warm and instant. Also, I keep wanting him to change it to make it better. It doesn't feel perfected. Little Lies, Seven Wonders, Big Love are perfected songs. When I listened to them I didn't want them changed. When I listen to this, I keep wishing he would do this or that, which tells me I want more than what he gave us. Still I like it, but don't love it. It's hard to say how I really feel about it. It's an eerie, off-putting song.

DauphineMarie
04-14-2017, 09:52 AM
I don't know if perfection is what's really bothering me though... Nobody should expect Rumours, or even Mirage because that's just not going to happen again. Lindsey's songs on Tusk are imperfect, but have an atmospheric quality to them that I love, and I think most people do as well.

That being said, it's hard to compare to anything produced almost 40 years ago. It would be ridiculous to wish for another "classic album" at this stage in their careers. But what I was hoping for was stylistic progression. Yes, this sounds more "modern", but at what cost? There are so many artists today that follow the FM formula when it comes to making records, and the end result is sometimes lush, sometimes sparse, always interesting and progressive-sounding at times.

GavinBrown
04-14-2017, 09:58 AM
It sounds like it could have been on Under The Skin...why not have Chris in backing vocals at least? The Big Love part ticks me off too...the song is ok and I don't mind the production but there better be something more than this with Chris in the mix to get me excited...

HomerMcvie
04-14-2017, 11:10 AM
I finally heard it. I like it. Not crazy about it, but it's decent and catchy. A little too prominent delay on the vocals on the chorus, but whatevs...

Like everyone else, WHERE IS CHRISTINE?

wondergirl9847
04-14-2017, 12:16 PM
I'm wondering where Christine's vocals are too, but perhaps they didn't really mean DUETS album. Perhaps it's 1 song from LB, 1 from Chris and so on? :shrug:

That said, I do really love it. It immediately made me think of Tango when I heard the 30 second snip. (I figure Gerald would hate the sh*t out of this. LOL) Now that I've heard the entire song on YouTube, I love it! The melody, LB's dreamy (not whispery) singing, the LB signature humming and wierdo noises, etc. It's all there and pretty to listen to. This is basically the easiest sound LB can make to appeal to FM fans but still stay in the realm of his solo stuff with the wierdo stuff. LOL I like this much better than Did You Miss Me. I'm a big Tango fan, so I am loving this nostalgic yet updated sound.

SUPER excited about the album and can't wait to hear Chris's songs!

TrueFaith77
04-14-2017, 12:58 PM
I voted: Production is perfect, song is weak. I didn't read what came after the comma ... :lol:

bwboy
04-14-2017, 02:01 PM
I was really disappointed with this song. I can't believe this is the lead off single. I am a huge fan of FM, and this song does nothing for me. I don't hate it, but it's so forgettable. And as a huge fan of FM, if I have this reaction, I'm worried about what the casual listener will think.

Adding my voice to the chorus, it is silly to promote this album as a duets album, like they've been doing, and release a single that is not only not a duet, but without any background or harmony with Christine on it. Even more disappointing, this song will probably be performed live by them since it's a single, when I could think of a dozen other songs fans would rather hear them play.

My expectations have suddenly went way down :distress:

WayOfTheDragon
04-14-2017, 02:21 PM
it is silly to promote this album as a duets album, like they've been doing, and release a single that is not only not a duet, but without any background or harmony with Christine on it.

My thoughts exactly.

lennonfan
04-14-2017, 02:25 PM
I strongly suspect a Cristineish tune to come forth shortly.
Really like the new song, classic smokin' Mac backbeat, the reverb on the vocals at the end make me feel like I'm on LSD ...what's not to love? lol

Macfan4life
04-14-2017, 02:30 PM
I like the new song. It sounds Macish and part Lindsey solo album. Not sure what people were expecting.

WayOfTheDragon
04-14-2017, 03:18 PM
Not sure what people were expecting.

I was expecting something with both Lindsey and Christine on it, which isn't too unrealistic an expectation to have for a duet album. But I can wait 2 more months for the rest of the album.

elle
04-14-2017, 03:19 PM
I like the new song. It sounds Macish and part Lindsey solo album. Not sure what people were expecting.

More solo Lindsey, or at least sad angel like, less empire of the sun like.

Jondalar
04-14-2017, 03:24 PM

I don't think people were expecting a solo song, which is what this is.

Makes me wonder. A big criticism of Say You Will was that it sounded like two solo albums and not a Mac album. Will this have the same problem? Christine is not on the first single at all. Hmmm....

michelej1
04-14-2017, 03:42 PM
My fear has come to pass. I would prefer not to have a single rather than one that creates a false impression of what the album will be like. I don't want this to be representative or to be thought of as such. Michele

bwboy
04-14-2017, 04:35 PM
I don't think people were expecting a solo song, which is what this is.

Makes me wonder. A big criticism of Say You Will was that it sounded like two solo albums and not a Mac album. Will this have the same problem? Christine is not on the first single at all. Hmmm....

I think a lot of people are having the same reaction you did.

As for the question of what did people expect, I expected a return to Christine, Lindsey, Mick, and John working in the studio, with the focus being on the two songwriters working closer than they ever have before. No "Stevie popped in for 3 weeks" crap, but a real return to the band honest to goodness working in the studio together, like they used to before Tusk. What I got from the first single was a solo song by Lindsey.

I loved Talk to Me when it was released. I loved Big Love. I loved As Long As You Follow, Rooms on Fire, Save Me, Maybe Love Will Change Your Mind, and Peacekeeper. Loved these first singles from the first listen. This new song, no.

michelej1
04-14-2017, 04:38 PM

Tell me what concert you are attending. I just want to go to get a picture of you singing this song at he top of your lungs. I know you will. Michele

lilyfee
04-14-2017, 05:57 PM

I've been struggling to put into words exactly what you just said. I miss the Fleetwood Mac "warmth." I don't like Lindsey's clinical production style. I voted that the song is "okay." Not great, not terrible. Hopefully not indicative of the rest of the album IMHO.:shrug:

jbrownsjr
04-14-2017, 06:44 PM
Tell me what concert you are attending. I just want to go to get a picture of you singing this song at he top of your lungs. I know you will. Michele

I might go to DC. I'll take many Elle pics.

justcrazylove
04-14-2017, 07:26 PM
I'm seriously struggling to understand what all the complaints are about. Granted the lack of Christine is a misstep, however the rest is pure Mac! What were you expecting? What sound were you expecting? this is what a relevant artist sounds like.

I always think about the Eagles comeback album "Long Road out of Eden" as a barometer for classic rock artists returning. Firstly what a hideous sounding album that was, all slick and MOR sounding. There was nothing on that album to indicate they have a clue about new music or trends. Only created with the sole purpose of helping their older fans from the 70's remember what they used to listen to.

Lindsey has never been that artist, and never will be that artist. For that is the reason I love this man, he won't create soft rock radio crap, this could get played on any alternative radio station and no one would blink. This is Lindsey in Pop mode.

I love it, not because it's the first track we have heard in 4 years, but because I love this band and this man and i'm prepared to go on the journey with him, and not dictate what i want, and what i expect from an album. That's the joy of following an artist. If you want stock standard regular music go and listen to 24Karat Gold. :cool:

elle
04-14-2017, 07:37 PM
I might go to DC. I'll take many Elle pics.
:p:p:p:p:p

bwboy
04-14-2017, 08:43 PM
I love it, not because it's the first track we have heard in 4 years, but because I love this band and this man and i'm prepared to go on the journey with him, and not dictate what i want, and what i expect from an album. That's the joy of following an artist. If you want stock standard regular music go and listen to 24Karat Gold. :cool:

I can't like a song just because I like the artist; to me, that's venturing into idolatry. Some people think FM, or Lindsey, or Stevie, can do no wrong. I am not one of those people. There are some songs I hate, like Family Man, Not That Funny, Jane, and Whole Lotta Trouble. I'm glad you love the new song- maybe it'll catch on with the public.

Jondalar
04-14-2017, 11:58 PM
I can't like a song just because I like the artist; to me, that's venturing into idolatry. Some people think FM, or Lindsey, or Stevie, can do no wrong. I am not one of those people. There are some songs I hate, like Family Man, Not That Funny, Jane, and Whole Lotta Trouble. I'm glad you love the new song- maybe it'll catch on with the public.

Totally agree but I do like the song. I just wish it didn't sound like one of his solo albums.

elle
04-15-2017, 12:02 AM
Totally agree but I do like the song. I just wish it didn't sound like one of his solo albums.

totally opposite for me! i don't like the song - and i wish it sounded like his solo albums. but it doesn't, not really. i would never love or even bother to listen to Lindsey as a solo artist (and i love him more solo than as FM artist, in case anyone's still wondering lol) if his solo music was like this.

Jondalar
04-15-2017, 12:10 AM
totally opposite for me! i don't like the song - and i wish it sounded like his solo albums. but it doesn't, not really. i would never love or even bother to listen to Lindsey as a solo artist (and i love him more solo than as FM artist, in case anyone's still wondering lol) if his solo music was like this.

It totally sounds like it is off one of his solo albums. There is no Fleetwood Mac in this, except a little of Mirage/Tusk. I wanted something collaborative.something that sounded like other people in the band worked on it.

Say You Will was two solo albums. I'm thinking this album may be like that.

elle
04-15-2017, 08:51 AM
It totally sounds like it is off one of his solo albums. There is no Fleetwood Mac in this, except a little of Mirage/Tusk. I wanted something collaborative.something that sounded like other people in the band worked on it.
if by solo you mean alone, as an it's mainly recorded by him with the rhythm section vs with Christine too, sure. but it doesn't sound like any of his solo stuff and it wouldn't fit on any of his past solo albums.

so sure, i do agree with you that there's not that much of past LB here - neither solo nor FM. Lindsey from past summer with Empire of The Sun? sure.

Say You Will
04-15-2017, 12:07 PM
I love it, not because it's the first track we have heard in 4 years, but because I love this band and this man and i'm prepared to go on the journey with him, and not dictate what i want, and what i expect from an album. That's the joy of following an artist. If you want stock standard regular music go and listen to 24Karat Gold. :cool:[/QUOTE]

I could not have said this any better. I have been following the Band and Lindsey for 40 years. I am grateful for every new song I hear and even new versions of old songs.

Its all in the journey...

MoonSister75
04-15-2017, 02:31 PM
I am grateful for every new song I hear and even new versions of old songs.

I strongly agree! :woohoo:

FuzzyPlum
04-15-2017, 04:40 PM
Isn't there such a thing as a proper music review anymore? Am I just old or what? I keep looking out for proper reviews with a score (like film reviews). What's the world coming to? Anyway, I'd give 'In My World' 3 and a half stars out of 5.

michelej1
04-15-2017, 04:42 PM
Isn't there such a thing as a proper music review anymore? Am I just old or what? I keep looking out for proper reviews with a score (like film reviews). What's the world coming to? Anyway, I'd give 'In My World' 3 and a half stars out of 5.

We'll get a proper review for the album. Michele

FuzzyPlum
04-15-2017, 04:59 PM
We'll get a proper review for the album. Michele

I'm defo getting old. When I was a kid there was great anticipation about what new songs would be released each week. I remember here in the UK there was a Saturday morning TV show called 'Going Live' where celebrities would rate new song releases (Hit or Miss). I remember Everywhere being reviewed and rated one week (the in-studio guests gave it a moderate review, to the best of my recollection). These days, I suppose there are so many songs released (as they are digital) its not even worth doing reviews.

ViscountViktor
04-15-2017, 06:48 PM
Needed more Christine and agree the production is too thin.

But I love it.

Jondalar
04-15-2017, 11:26 PM
Needed more Christine and agree the production is too thin.

But I love it.

I like it too but the production sounds cheap and too thin. I wanted something I couldn't criticize and wouldn't want to change. I like how he produced the EP and Say You Will.

Street_Dreamer
04-15-2017, 11:48 PM
I approve.

secondhandchain
04-16-2017, 12:20 AM

I could not have said this any better. I have been following the Band and Lindsey for 40 years. I am grateful for every new song I hear and even new versions of old songs.

Its all in the journey...[/QUOTE]

EXACTLY 24 k gold is fine, but its standard, STOCK, rock music. Not one ounce of interesting or creative production and that's the way Stevie wants it. Her demos are fine "just the way they are" . NO they are not.

Jondalar
04-16-2017, 12:45 AM

EXACTLY 24 k gold is fine, but its standard, STOCK, rock music. Not one ounce of interesting or creative production and that's the way Stevie wants it. Her demos are fine "just the way they are" . NO they are not.

Like I've said before "are people deaf?" Her demos were horrible, the songs in 24k Gold were produced differently to make the songs work. They arent exactly like the demos like she wants people believe.

Frankenstein
04-16-2017, 02:08 AM
I voted "I like it". I like the song more each time I listen to it, but I don't think it's Lindsey at his full potential, obviously. It does not make me worried about what's on the rest of the album, though.

ViscountViktor
04-16-2017, 03:08 AM
I like it too but the production sounds cheap and too thin. I wanted something I couldn't criticize and wouldn't want to change. I like how he produced the EP and Say You Will.

I think some strings could have worked really well. Anything to flesh it out a bit.

Jondalar
04-16-2017, 04:23 AM
I think some strings could have worked really well. Anything to flesh it out a bit.

I think I figured it out. Once they realized that Stevie wasn't going to participate, they decided to quit spending money on the project. So, they decided to go with what they had and not put extra money into extra production to perfect the songs.

Without Stevie, it cost each member more money to make the record and without her on the album it's not going to sell as well. So they just went with what they had.

The cover and and cd package suggest this is true too.

FuzzyPlum
04-16-2017, 04:38 AM
I think I figured it out. Once they realized that Stevie wasn't going to participate, they decided to quit spending money on the project. So, they decided to go with what they had and not put extra money into extra production to perfect the songs.

Without Stevie, it cost each member more money to make the record and without her on the album it's not going to sell as well. So they just went with what they had.

The cover and and cd package suggest this is true too.

I'm sure most of the production would have been done by Lindsey at home. I'm not sure additional production will have cost anything. Anyway, they had studio time as recently as late last year. I don't think money is an issue- especially regarding the cover. The cover is just lazy and sloppy. It need not cost much to create a credible cover.

Jondalar
04-16-2017, 05:10 AM
I'm sure most of the production would have been done by Lindsey at home. I'm not sure additional production will have cost anything. Anyway, they had studio time as recently as late last year. I don't think money is an issue- especially regarding the cover. The cover is just lazy and sloppy. It need not cost much to create a credible cover.

I think you're wrong. Stevie was complaining about how much it costs to make an album. Without her, going to be even more expensive for each member.

secret love
04-16-2017, 05:25 AM
I think you're wrong. Stevie was complaining about how much it costs to make an album. Without her, going to be even more expensive for each member.

Say You Will has one sexy album cover. And it can't have cost much to make.

Jondalar
04-16-2017, 05:35 AM
Say You Will has one sexy album cover. And it can't have cost much to make.

Well it looks like they may have not spent any money on a photographer for this release.

FuzzyPlum
04-16-2017, 05:35 AM

Well, I think you are right but also wrong. Its the studio time that's expensive- I wouldn't dispute that. Some of the recording took place at The Village but some of the work took place at Lindsey's house and Mitchell Froom's house. Once the basic tracks are recorded Lindsey is able to play around with them as much as he likes in his own time at home. That isn't going to cost anything as everything is already set up. If at any time he wants to layer in additional parts he has the means to do that. The record was also mixed by Lindsey himself. When they made Rumours and Tusk they spent years in the studio. They probably didn't even need to record at The Village on this occasion- it was probably done for old times sake as much as anything else.

It's more expensive for somebody like Stevie to make a record as she has to rely on other people to produce, engineer, mix etc. She has to hire in the other players. Lindsey is a multi instrumentalist and doesn't need to bring other people in.

It would be interesting to know how much Mick & John get as a cut now the record isn't officially a Fleetwood Mac release. I don't think they'd normally get a significant amount from album sales anyway- I think they'll get an even smaller amount from this release- possibly even an up front salary as session players. I don't know how that would work.

bwboy
04-16-2017, 06:03 AM
It would be interesting to know how much Mick & John get as a cut now the record isn't officially a Fleetwood Mac release. I don't think they'd normally get a significant amount from album sales anyway- I think they'll get an even smaller amount from this release- possibly even an up front salary as session players. I don't know how that would work.

I figure they got the same pay as they always did, since it was recorded as a FM album.

Jondalar
04-16-2017, 06:09 PM
I still don't know how I feel about this song.

Even though, there is a new single out, I have been listening to the extended version of You and I all day. Just discovered it and Instantly loved the new intro because of the lushness. I thought about it and there is lushness to GYPSY, DREAMS, YOU MAKE LOVING FUN...

Then there is this song, In My World, which has all the makings of great song, the cowbell, the grunts, the melody but it isn't lush. I like it but I have to force myself to love it by listening to it 100 times. Because of the way it's produced I can barely understand the word, let alone sing along with it.

I think about Sentimental Lady. Look what Lindsey did to that song. He turned that song into a lush, lovable hit that people played over and over again. The Fleetwood Mac version was just a shadow of what he turned it into.

This song is in the same boat. The greatness is there, but the paint strokes on the canvas aren't strong enough. I have to force myself to notice all the great things about it. It seems like a very good demo for what could be great song. It still seems like a minimalist Lindsey Buckingham solo song.

Somebody please remix or reproduce this song so that the potential is realized. It really is a good song, but not fully realized.

TrueFaith77
04-16-2017, 07:14 PM
Well part of what is hard to accept is that having mastered pop, Lindsey Buckingham in the 21st century is, now, a Brechtian artist. No wonder Stevie can't work with him and thinks he ruins her work when really he expands its lexicon is all. Even I don't know how I feel about Buck's Brechtian technique but that's part of the point. Just a thought as we mull over this three penny opera.

justcrazylove
04-16-2017, 07:38 PM
Well part of what is hard to accept is that having mastered pop, Lindsey Buckingham in the 21st century is, now, a Brechtian artist. No wonder Stevie can't work with him and thinks he ruins her work when really he expands its lexicon is all. Even I don't know how I feel about Buck's Brechtian technique but that's part of the point. Just a thought as we mull over this three penny opera.

Great post!

This is very true of the current situation, and please tell me if i've misread the feel of the board, it appears that unless IMW lives up to whatever expectation you have in your head it's not good enough. Lindsey has clearly been expanding what the term "pop" means for years, look at what he did on Under The Skin, my god, the complaints about Show Us How when that single came out was immense. Not to mention TUSK!

There appears to be two camps with IMW that i think stem from the This is 40 tracks, you either love those songs or you hate them, those that like them tend to be digging IMW (i'm in that camp).

I don't think Lindsey's really bothered by the fact that certain parts of the fan base won't be into his take on pop. It's never bothered him before.

Jondalar
04-16-2017, 07:40 PM
Great post!

This is very true of the current situation, and please tell me if i've misread the feel of the board, it appears that unless IMW lives up to whatever expectation you have in your head it's not good enough. Lindsey has clearly been expanding what the term "pop" means for years, look at what he did on Under The Skin, my god, the complaints about Show Us How when that single came out was immense. Not to mention TUSK!

There appears to be two camps with IMW that i think stem from the This is 40 tracks, you either love those songs or you hate them, those that like them tend to be digging IMW (i'm in that camp).

I don't think Lindsey's really bothered by the fact that certain parts of the fan base won't be into his take on pop. It's never bothered him before.

it's not his fanbase, it's Fleetwood Mac's fanbase, this isn't a Lindsey solo album

justcrazylove
04-16-2017, 08:49 PM
Hello, TUSK!

Lindsey has always directed the sound of this band, he creates the sound and feel for the record. History tells us that, Post Tusk, Lindsey's solo career has indicated the sound for the next Fleetwood mac record. This is no different.

elle
04-16-2017, 08:57 PM
Hello, TUSK!

Lindsey has always directed the sound of this band, he creates the sound and feel for the record. History tells us that, Post Tusk, Lindsey's solo career has indicated the sound for the next Fleetwood mac record. This is no different.

i agree with you there, definitely.

still doesn't mean *i* need to like the song. i really can't even stand it now, everything in it is starting to annoy me. someone made a new EP track list with this song replacing Without You. Without You was song that was really dragging down the EP and didn't belong, but even in the context of the EP and considering this is from the same sessions and group of songs as the other 3 EP songs, i'd still have to skip it just like i did Without You. :shrug:

24karatstevie
04-17-2017, 01:15 AM
I still don't know how I feel about this song.

Even though, there is a new single out, I have been listening to the extended version of You and I all day. Just discovered it and Instantly loved the new intro because of the lushness. I thought about it and there is lushness to GYPSY, DREAMS, YOU MAKE LOVING FUN...

Then there is this song, In My World, which has all the makings of great song, the cowbell, the grunts, the melody but it isn't lush. I like it but I have to force myself to love it by listening to it 100 times. Because of the way it's produced I can barely understand the word, let alone sing along with it.

I think about Sentimental Lady. Look what Lindsey did to that song. He turned that song into a lush, lovable hit that people played over and over again. The Fleetwood Mac version was just a shadow of what he turned it into.

This song is in the same boat. The greatness is there, but the paint strokes on the canvas aren't strong enough. I have to force myself to notice all the great things about it. It seems like a very good demo for what could be great song. It still seems like a minimalist Lindsey Buckingham solo song.

Somebody please remix or reproduce this song so that the potential is realized. It really is a good song, but not fully realized.
I agree. The song itself isn't necessary bad, I'm just not fond of the production.

ViscountViktor
04-17-2017, 07:25 AM
It definitely has hints of You and I in it.

jwd
04-21-2017, 05:54 PM
I still like it. Anyone had a change of heart?

button-lip
04-21-2017, 07:08 PM

I'm still loving it! Sorry! :shrug:

TrueFaith77
04-21-2017, 07:09 PM
I still like it but listen to it like I love it

jbrownsjr
04-21-2017, 07:24 PM
I love it. It's so fresh to my ears.

jwd
04-21-2017, 07:54 PM
HiI'm still loving it! Sorry! :shrug:

Why are you sorry if you're still loving it ?! That's good if you still love it !

button-lip
04-21-2017, 08:02 PM
Hi

Why are you sorry if you're still loving it ?! That's good if you still love it !

Yes, but I'm in the minority and I won't change my mind! :lol:

jbrownsjr
04-21-2017, 08:03 PM

I think most people like it.

jwd
04-21-2017, 08:10 PM

Please don't change your mind! The real minority are those whom thinks it SUCKS!

justcrazylove
04-21-2017, 08:24 PM
I loved it from first listen, and still do! :blob1:

jbrownsjr
04-21-2017, 08:38 PM
I loved it from first listen, and still do! :blob1:

yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wavey::blob1:

tango87
04-23-2017, 06:59 AM
I just love it. I think it's a proper earworm - it's lodged itself in my head since I first heard it. Really lovely, melancholy song.

TrueFaith77
04-25-2017, 06:13 PM

Wow. It just hit me: Buck did September Song on Law & Order!

TrueFaith77
04-25-2017, 08:39 PM
My parents FINALLY listened to it.

Twice.

My Parents: "It sounded like Fleetwood Mac, but Christine has really lost her voice."

Me: "That's not Christine... that's LINDSEY!"

My Parents: "You're KIDDING!"

Me: :lol: *i can't breathe* :lol:

mitzo
04-25-2017, 09:07 PM
The song is OK. It reminds me of the things on Extended Play. Pleasant enough but I don't think I would buy it. Waiting to see if there is more juice in the rest of this album.

BombaySapphire3
04-25-2017, 09:18 PM
Isn't it a leftover from the ultra originally titled Extended Play sessions:shrug: it is a good song but it would not rate as the best song on any of Lindsey's solo albums so it is a peculiar choice for a first single from this album.

dreamsunwind
04-25-2017, 09:36 PM
the production on the chorus is still not my favorite but after a couple more listens it's just a whatever song to me.

bwboy
04-26-2017, 06:41 AM
The song is OK. It reminds me of the things on Extended Play. Pleasant enough but I don't think I would buy it. Waiting to see if there is more juice in the rest of this album.

You described it perfectly for me. I can't imagine not buying the upcoming album, and I really hope it does well, but I have a feeling, based on the EP and this song, that I'm going to be disappointed.

On the other hand, now that my expectations are low, maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised by the album. June 9 sure seems a long way off.

StevieandChris
04-26-2017, 01:05 PM

Still like it and have the album on pre-order. Has anyone seen dates on when more singles will be released?

jbrownsjr
04-26-2017, 01:06 PM
Still like it and have the album on pre-order. Has anyone seen dates on when more singles will be released?

Some people are reporting The Way I Feel will be next. But, nothing concrete.

FuzzyPlum
04-26-2017, 02:51 PM

In My World was only released a week and a half ago. With still 6 weeks to go before the album is released I reckon they'll hold off for a couple of weeks before the next one comes out (it wouldn't make sense to release lots of songs one after the other at this stage). Maybe Friday 19th May???
Pretty sure it will be 'Feel About You' as has been said. Makes sense as its one of the co-writes. We'll see.

FuzzyPlum
04-27-2017, 03:02 PM
In My World was only released a week and a half ago. With still 6 weeks to go before the album is released I reckon they'll hold off for a couple of weeks before the next one comes out (it wouldn't make sense to release lots of songs one after the other at this stage). Maybe Friday 19th May???
Pretty sure it will be 'Feel About You' as has been said. Makes sense as its one of the co-writes. We'll see.

Well, what the f*** do I know?

TrueFaith77
04-27-2017, 03:04 PM
Well, what the f*** do I know?

Your logic made sense. That it would be midway or closer to the actual album release to goose sales.

Cuz now I'm all hopeful we'll get at least a third single well in advance of the album release.

I hope radio and iTunes and amazon go up up up.

:woohoo: