PDA

View Full Version : Jana No Longer Touring with Solo Stevie

nailatixela
04-17-2010, 05:33 PM
A fan asked if she was going to be with Stevie in August for the show. Jana replied that she is no longer touring with Stevie, just Fleetwood Mac.

You can read the additional drama about this situation on her FB page. It looks like they wanted to keep it with the original homegirls - just Stevie, Lori and Sharon.

believer
04-17-2010, 08:40 PM
Can you post the drama for those of us that can't see it?

michelej1
04-17-2010, 09:54 PM
Interesting. Well, if she said just Fleetwood Mac, maybe that means they do plan to get back together in 2011, as Mick has suggested.

My heart goes out to all of you who will miss Jana.

Michele

michelej1
04-17-2010, 09:55 PM
So, Carlos needs to post on FB about it being the exactly the reverse for him. He'll be with Stevie solo, but no FM:p. Michele

Nathan
04-17-2010, 10:18 PM
Can someone post the stuff? I'm not on Facebook, sounds like there are some others who also may not be. Thanks in advance.

ILoveFM
04-17-2010, 10:29 PM
This is what she said : Hi Jeannie. Thanks for asking, but no, I am no longer on any Stevie Nicks solo shows, only with the Fleetwood Mac shows will I be singing. Lori and Sharon have seniority, even if Lori took a 16 year hiatus from singing and came back, and Stevie decided she no longer needed me. Those girls have been friends with Stevie since the 1970's, both have ... See Morelived with Stevie extensively, and Lori is her best friend and had Stevie's only neice, and both girls sang on all her records. There is so much more to this story politically, but I won't share it. It's unfortunate how I had to find out as they were procrastinating telling me until I wondered why musicians were emailing me saying they'd miss me at her shows I heard nothing about. I can only say that my run with Stevie's solo career as her backup singer for the past several years has been a great experience overall and I'm grateful for what I had, not for what I no longer have. I wish them all the best.

MacMan
04-17-2010, 10:45 PM
Well that's a crappy way to find out you no longer are on the bill...

GypsyBlueEyes
04-17-2010, 11:02 PM
WOW! That really sucks. I know she said that she'll still tour with FM but I can't imagine how they will manage that without it being awkward as hell! :eek:

michelej1
04-18-2010, 12:14 AM
Wow, that's rather shocking. I mean I'd feel exactly like she feels in her place, but I wouldn't post it publicly. The industry is such a small one. You can't burn bridges. Stevie might steer Jana to work with some of her friends. In fact, didn't Henley recommend Jana to Stevie in the first place? Networking is everything.

So, even when you're wronged, professionally it might be wise not to air your feelings on a social network everyone can see.

Michele

Phil
04-18-2010, 12:15 AM
Somehow I don't see Jana performing with Fleetwood Mac either in view of those comments.

michelej1
04-18-2010, 12:16 AM
Exactly what shows has Stevie done that Jana knew nothing about?? Other than the Taylor Swift thing, has Stevie been making a lot of appearances? Hmmph! You guys have been holding out on both me and Jana!:mad:

I don't get that part. It seems like a strange post for her to make.

Michele

Ghost_Tracker
04-18-2010, 12:19 AM
Believe it or not I think this is the nicest thing Stevie could possibly have done for Jana. Honestly? I had been starting to wonder what was taking her so long.

(Jana's solo career is beginning to take off - but since it's such a rough business these days, it's kind of "precarious" right now, it seems. i.m.o., if Stevie had called and then somebody had called with a great opportunity for her solo career, it would have put Jana in an extremely difficult position. Me, well I can't sing to save my life, so the world is safe. :lol: But really - if that situation had happened to ME, personally - I would have had MANY sleepless nights. Stevie made the decision for her. And she did it with love and based on a lifetime's experience in the business. She protected her friend from having to watch those "unridden horses" pass her by.)
That's my take on it, anyway. Obviously I'm just guessing - but "that's my story and I'm stickin' to it." :)

P.S. -

"Look . . . if you had ONE shot . . . or ONE opportunity . . . to seize EVERYTHING you ever wanted . . .
Would you capture it?
Or just let it slip away...."

I hope she won't lose herself in the music. ;)

GypsyBlueEyes
04-18-2010, 12:27 AM
Exactly what shows has Stevie done that Jana knew nothing about?? Other than the Taylor Swift thing, has Stevie been making a lot of appearances? Hmmph! You guys have been holding out on both me and Jana!:mad:

I don't get that part. It seems like a strange post for her to make.

Michele

I thought that was a strange comment to make as well. I'm hoping it means that there are more Stevie shows in the works, other than August 27th, that we just don't know about yet which is why she said "...they'd miss me at her shows I heard nothing about." It does seem to be written in a future tense. However, as with everything else Stevie, who knows :shrug:

tilthefirefades
04-18-2010, 01:03 AM
Believe it or not I think this is the nicest thing Stevie could possibly have done for Jana. Honestly? I had been starting to wonder what was taking her so long.

(Jana's solo career is beginning to take off - but since it's such a rough business these days, it's kind of "precarious" right now, it seems. i.m.o., if Stevie had called and then somebody had called with a great opportunity for her solo career, it would have put Jana in an extremely difficult position. Me, well I can't sing to save my life, so the world is safe. :lol: But really - if that situation had happened to ME, personally - I would have had MANY sleepless nights. Stevie made the decision for her. And she did it with love and based on a lifetime's experience in the business. She protected her friend from having to watch those "unridden horses" pass her by.)
That's my take on it, anyway. Obviously I'm just guessing - but "that's my story and I'm stickin' to it." :)

P.S. -

"Look . . . if you had ONE shot . . . or ONE opportunity . . . to seize EVERYTHING you ever wanted . . .
Would you capture it?
Or just let it slip away...."

I hope she won't lose herself in the music. ;)

Hahahaha!!! Love reading a serious post only to be followed by an Eminem reference, gets me every time.

APerfectLie
04-18-2010, 01:12 AM
This makes me wonder, how does she know she will be performing with Fleetwood Mac? What if FM wants to drop her too? Unless of course, she has already signed a contract... :shrug:

tilthefirefades
04-18-2010, 01:20 AM
This makes me wonder, how does she know she will be performing with Fleetwood Mac? What if FM wants to drop her too? Unless of course, she has already signed a contract... :shrug:

Also, this must mean that there is something planned for FM. I can't see them doing another hits tour, it's just unrealistic. At least Stevie pulls something out of her a** to have a reason to tour. But of course they could just re-release something, as in Rumours version 34,455.

Musicman408
04-18-2010, 08:18 AM
I say they just bring Sara Fleetwood back into the mix!!! :nod:

HejiraNYC
04-18-2010, 08:47 AM
WOW!
I think this year and next are going to be good, good times for Stevie Nicks (this year) and Fleetwood Mac (next year). It's time for another renaissance. The last time was in 1997 and 1998.

BUT back to Jana, wow, I know she's pretty and can sing, but for her to KNOW she's onboard already for the 2011 Fleetwood Mac tour...she sure must be rubbing either Mick, John, or LB the right way, in a way that she just cannot rub Stevie. Stevie can ditch her solo, so why can't she ditch her with Fleetwood Mac??
It may be just to keep peace with a wifey-poo or two. Meow.
I loved what she wrote. She told so much. Hell hath no fury like a backup-singer kicked to the curb.

I. don't. believe. a. word. of. it. But nice try. It does sound tantalizing. But the band has changed and the world has changed and moved on so much. It's no longer 1997, and nobody is talking about 100 million dollar deals for CD/DVD releases. And Christine is done, done, done. However, I will admit that back in 1996, I was also very, very skeptical about a Rumours-era reunion, so maybe this will happen, and maybe the world will end in 2012 too. :shrug: Christine reuniting with Fleetwood Mac is the 12th horse of the apocalypse! And the Beatles with Ringo, Paul, Sean Lennon and Dannii Harrison will be the opening act.

CADreaming
04-18-2010, 09:07 AM
WOW!

Wow is right...that was long... but, as always, I think time will tell. I believe FM is working on something... is it with or without Christine... don't know. I think it suspicious they promoted a new cd/dvd that hasn't seen the light of day and that they alluded to their freedom with the whole "Unleashed" tour title. As Stevie said, "unleashed and on the streets"... did that mean they were done with WB? I wouldn't be surprised, but would WB really dump FM this late in the game? Sure, it could happen but it seems highly; especially if there is some huge reunion cooking with all kinds of product possibilities. And, since FM is managed by FrontLine as an entity now, the first time that has happened since what - Tusk? I can't believe that happened just for the warm-up tour they just did. It will be a curious thing for sure to see how it all plays out.

I just want a BN release and tour. Crazy? Maybe. But, no more so than Christine coming back... ;)

As for Jana - that sucks that she had to find out through emails. I can't blame her for being peeved, but she did make it sound like she was under contract for a future Mac tour.

nailatixela
04-18-2010, 09:22 AM
Thanks for posting the exact quote. I was a little weary to post exactly what she said here - plus I didn't have access to FB at the time.

Anyway, it does seem lousy the way Jana was dropped. But personally, I don't care for her as a backup singer. I think she's a really nice girl but won't miss her at solo shows. IMO, the only positive thing that she added to the vocal mix was her solo on Rock and Roll. Other than that, I don't think she complemented Stevie's voice.

Gypsy-Rhiannon
04-18-2010, 10:14 AM
WOW!
First, can it really be that Jana calls Sharon Celani "SEE MORE" (!!!!) Nice way to pay respect to the 'lead backup singer' who always has had those expressive eyes!

What??? Er no... the 'see more' bit is where the post has been lifted from facebook (which personally I don't think it should have been) and as it was a long one you had to click on 'see more' to read the rest.

Nikolaj
04-18-2010, 10:25 AM
I. don't. believe. a. word. of. it. But nice try. It does sound tantalizing. But the band has changed and the world has changed and moved on so much. It's no longer 1997, and nobody is talking about 100 million dollar deals for CD/DVD releases. And Christine is done, done, done. However, I will admit that back in 1996, I was also very, very skeptical about a Rumours-era reunion, so maybe this will happen, and maybe the world will end in 2012 too. :shrug: Christine reuniting with Fleetwood Mac is the 12th horse of the apocalypse! And the Beatles with Ringo, Paul, Sean Lennon and Dannii Harrison will be the opening act.

Ok, I'm just dying to know, did the Unleashed Tourbook ever come through for you? Aussie gig, or around that time, you mentioned one was promised to be mailed to you, something like that... I hope you got it.
Hejira, it was tongue-in-cheek (and sexist, I fear) what I wrote about Jana, I was joking.
But the Christine thing is real. I know she's done, done, done. The band, and likely the managers and tour promoters, are 'promising Christine the moon'- it doesn't mean she'll take it. They WANT the reunion-farewell thang. I'm not stupid enough.to think. that a cd and dvd with Chris would create $100+ Million in revenue. (WHAT is up with your normally perfect punctuation being so stilted in responding to me?)
The figure of $100+ Million(I think about $115 million) was approximated by including whatever TOUR dates Christine could be talked in to, and was loosely based on the Unleashed and Say You Will numbers, but inflated a bit for sellout crowds should the 5 reunite. Also factored in was what investors may put into the tour and offset some costs of filming of the dvd, and high, best-case scenario projections of cd sales of 3 to 4 million for the album. Also factored in was a best GUESS at what a multi-dvd box set would sell for and how much it would gross if it did very well and sold 100,000 copies within a year. Lots of speculation. Bill does it for a living.
I don't work. Exactly. * From 1995 to 2000 (October 30,2000, to be exact) I did ok enough in public relations to stop working at the age of 36 and have never seen a paycheck ever again. No government handouts, either. I'm 45 now and still am fine financially. Not rich, rich, but deciding you have enough and have had enough can make a portfolio need to be creatively handled- I may need to go back to work at around the age of 68, but I'm sure that Christine does not. I still think Stevie, Mick, John, Lindsey, a manager or an agent WILL get her to rejoin, and a LOT of effort is being made and it IS why Stevie is recording a solo album first. They also may never get Christine. I don't even care. I'm a Nicksaholic :)
I was just sharing what I had been told by a man in the biz since around 1977 and doing better now than he has since the 80s. He knows everyone and still works with some important acts. I don't name-drop. Much. When he knows we're gonna be in touch, he knows I'm gonna ask about Stevie. * I do work- like hell, actually. Just don't get much credit for it. Sort of like being a parent! (Blind mother, totally immobile, handicapped dad)- It's a full-time job in itself, and all the driving back and forth- oy- but I digress, yes, usually...
'They' also may never get Christine, and maybe S&L will record a new Fleetwood Mac album next year. What I was told in December is 'no Christine, no Fleetwood Mac cd ever.]' And promoters have about had it with the 4 of them as Fleetwood Mac. Good thing Miz Nicks made that $11 million singing songs she wrote from '74 to '83 during 'Unleashed'.
My point in mentioning all this is that I may go on, I do, but I don't make **** up, and I am not an idiot. I never wrote that a Mac cd and dvd alone would guarantee the band $100 or more millions of dollars. Sheesh.
I know what I wrote this time, and especially last time, was LONG but your reaction to it seemed just a tad...wankish. I've only paid you compliments in the past, so don't be a wanker :)
Hey, Happy Sunday!
I bet you don't really think the world will end in 2012. Edit: Sorry for the wanker stuff.

HejiraNYC
04-18-2010, 10:55 AM
Ok, I'm just dying to know, did the Unleashed Tourbook ever come through for you? Aussie gig, or around that time, you mentioned one was promised to be mailed to you, something like that... I hope you got it.

You've seriously got me mixed up with someone else. And, for the record, I haven't bought a concert program in 20 years.

Hejira, it was tongue-in-cheek (and sexist, I fear) what I wrote about Jana, I was joking.
But the Christine thing is real. I know she's done, done, done. The band (and likely the managers and tour promoters are 'promising Christine the moon'- it doesn't mean she'll take it. They WANT the reunion-farewell thang. I'm not stupid enough.to think. that a cd and dvd with Chris would create $100+ Million in revenue. (WHAT is up with your punctuation?)

Um, I think my punctuation is fine, thank you very much. :shrug:

The figure of $100+ Million(I think it about $115 million by including whatever TOUR between 12 and 20 dates that Christine may do) was loosely based on the Unleashed and Say You Will numbers, but inflated a bit for sellout crowdeds should the 5 reunite, what investors may put into the tour and filming of the dvd) and high, best scenario sales of 3 to 4 million for the cd, and to be honest, a GUESS at what a 3 dvd box set would sell for .......I still think Stevie, Mick, John, Lindsey, a manager or an agent WILL get her to rejoin, and a LOT of effort is being made and it IS why Stevie is recording a solo album first. They also may never get Christine. I don't even care. I was just sharing what I had been told by a man in the biz since around 1977. He knows everyone and still works with some important acts. I don't name-drop. Much.

I still think that is an absurd amount of money for a handful of concert dates and a new CD/DVD. Even Michael Jackson couldn't get numbers like that. The numbers and the premise do not add up.

They also may never get Christine, and maybe S&L will record a new Fleetwood Mac album next year. What I was told in December is 'no Christine, no Fleetwood Mac cd ever.]' And promoters have about had it with the 4 of them. Good thing Miz Nicks made that $11 million singing songs she wrote from '74 to '83 during 'Unleashed'
My point in mentioning this is that I may go on, but I don't make **** up, and I am not an idiot.

I didn't say you were an idiot or that you made stuff up. I just said that I didn't believe it, regardless of the source. I am entitled to my skepticism. If I called you a liar, then that's another story... but I did not.

I know what I wrote this time, and especially last time, was LONG but your reaction to it seemed just a tad...wankish. I've only paid you compliments in the past, so don't be a wanker :)
Hey, Happy Sunday!
And I bet you don't really think the world will end in 2012.

Oh, I've been called worse. :rolleyes:

michelej1
04-18-2010, 02:25 PM
lived with Stevie extensively, and Lori is her best friend and had Stevie's only neice

I was thinking that Jana should move in with Stevie herself. Tell her she's been kicked out of her place and move in. Then, once they start making their own memories as roomies, Jana will never be ousted again. Even better, she could have Chris Nicks' baby, then she'd be set for life.

Michele

ontheEdgeof17
04-18-2010, 02:37 PM
Well, even though Jana has a nice voice, it never meshed well with Stevie's. She often was too loud and too smooth for rock songs. It's for the best.

CADreaming
04-18-2010, 02:55 PM
I was thinking that Jana should move in with Stevie herself. Tell her she's been kicked out of her place and move in. Then, once they start making their own memories as roomies, Jana will never be ousted again. Even better, she could have Chris Nicks' baby, then she'd be set for life.

Michele

ROFLOL!!! :thumbsup:

Erin
04-18-2010, 03:22 PM
If that's really the way it went down, then that is pretty sh*tty for Jana. But like a few others have said I won't miss her. I didn't think she added much. Plus after Lori came back I didn't really understand why there were three backup singers. I'm guessing Jana was under contract. I always wondered how they all got on, isn't Jana really religious? I can't imagine the rest of the band being real thrilled about that. Obviously I'm just speculating. It may have never come up, but I wonder.

In the end I hope we get some new material from someone. I don't really care who. Fleetwood Mac, Lindsey, Stevie, somebody release something!

Gypsy-Rhiannon
04-18-2010, 03:28 PM
If that's really the way it went down, then that is pretty sh*tty for Jana. But like a few others have said I won't miss her. I didn't think she added much. Plus after Lori came back I didn't really understand why there were three backup singers. I'm guessing Jana was under contract. I always wondered how they all got on, isn't Jana really religious? I can't imagine the rest of the band being real thrilled about that. Obviously I'm just speculating. It may have never come up, but I wonder.

In the end I hope we get some new material from someone. I don't really care who. Fleetwood Mac, Lindsey, Stevie, somebody release something!

What on earth does Jana's religion have to do with anything?

Erin
04-18-2010, 04:31 PM
What on earth does Jana's religion have to do with anything?

I'm thinking it might have caused a personality clash with other people in the band, and might be part of the reason she's no longer touring with Stevie's band. Just speculating.

Nikolaj
04-18-2010, 06:55 PM
What??? Er no... the 'see more' bit is where the post has been lifted from facebook (which personally I don't think it should have been) and as it was a long one you had to click on 'see more' to read the rest.

THANKS, Gypsy-Rhiannon, for clearing that up. "See More"--- I sure got that totally wrong!

Nikolaj
04-18-2010, 07:11 PM
Yesterday, for no particular reason, I went online and pulled 2nd and 3rd row center seats in the "Flats" for both nights in Dublin. Cah--razy! So it looks like I'm going! :thumbsup: :blob1: I just wish the dollar wasn't so weak against the euro :distress: . So is it really true that they pretty much allow everybody up to the stage anyway? I do recall back on the SYW tour that a big brawl broke out in the front during the show in Dublin, so I wonder if they have instituted measures to prevent this sorta thing from re-occurring. Also, from what I can tell (on Google Earth), it looks like O2 is located in a pretty desolate industrial area near the docks. It looks like a pain-and-a-half to get to.

Since we'll be out there anyway, I'm going to look into Glasgow and the Wembley dates as well. I noticed the "Hot Ticket Package" that they are offering, which is sorta like ILAA-lite. Accordingly, it's a smidge cheaper than ILAA... But what I noticed is that the package includes a tour program. So, by golly, it looks like they're finally going to put one out! But it doesn't look like they sell these to international folks since the shipping options are only for UK/Ireland addresses. :mad:

Originally Posted by Nikolaj
You've seriously got me mixed up with someone else. And, for the record, I haven't bought a concert program in 20 years.-- was the reply.
I never said you 'bought' anything in 20 years, but I wasn't mixed up about who wrote they had info on a possible tourbook, with an exclamation point. I'm also not saying that you yourself got the information wrong. I believe that you were told what you were told and shared it.

HejiraNYC
04-18-2010, 07:42 PM
Originally Posted by Nikolaj
You've seriously got me mixed up with someone else. And, for the record, I haven't bought a concert program in 20 years.-- was the reply.
I never said you 'bought' anything in 20 years, but I wasn't mixed up about who wrote they had info on a possible tourbook, with an exclamation point. I'm also not saying that you yourself got the information wrong. I believe that you were told what you were told and shared it.

You stated that I said I was promised a tourbook in the mail, like I was waiting for Godot to show up at my mailbox in vain. :rolleyes: I never said anything about being promised a tourbook in the mail. Accordingly, I never ordered that Hot Ticket package, although it was tempting at the time. But for all we know, maybe the UK Hot Ticket Package buyers did get something unique? :shrug:

Nikolaj
04-18-2010, 08:16 PM
[QUOTE=HejiraNYC;884357]You stated that I said I was promised a tourbook in the mail, like I was waiting for Godot to show up at my mailbox in vain. :rolleyes:

Oh, dear.
I said 'or something like that', and just wondered (pleasantly, even!) if you got it, not that it was important to you. Defensive much? Roll those eyes at your own denial... Sure, it was me who was 'mixed up,' as you so eloquently wrote- when it is you who can't remember something you- and only you- wrote just a few months ago.

Ghost_Tracker
04-18-2010, 08:38 PM
I always wondered how they all got on, isn't Jana really religious? I can't imagine the rest of the band being real thrilled about that. Obviously I'm just speculating. It may have never come up, but I wonder.

Somebody asked her about that - I believe it was in Nicksfix, in "Ask the Backup Singer" - she said that she "kept her 'pinions to herself." So I could be wrong but I don't think there were any problems along those lines.

JeannieKartis
04-18-2010, 08:47 PM
THANKS, Gypsy-Rhiannon, for clearing that up. "See More"--- I sure got that totally wrong!

yes, thank you since it was in response to my question...

Hawkeye
04-18-2010, 09:06 PM
your original post isnt there anymore for me to quote Nikolaj but I wanted to. I dont know who else is a fan but The whole thing seemed like an episode of LOST. They all have to go back to the island together or none of them can go back.

Nikolaj
04-18-2010, 09:54 PM
your original post isnt there anymore for me to quote Nikolaj but I wanted to. I dont know who else is a fan but The whole thing seemed like an episode of LOST. They all have to go back to the island together or none of them can go back.

Good one, Hawkeye. Isn't "Lost" just about over, 'final episode ever' (or, 'what we really want is a movie franchise, like 'Sex and The City!')
Yes, I deleted the first, original missive that I wrote, so much conjecture, and someone asked me to remove it because I messed up here and there- but almost all of the information is in the second- also long, first reply I wrote to Hejira, who of course has every right not to believe what in truth was second-hand news, though I believe all of it is accurate. I just really messed up on the Jana thing, and it had to be removed.
Your clever 'They all have to go back to the island together or none of them can go back" is remarkably close to what I was told is how promoters view booking Fleetwood Mac at their current (or recent) guarantees. Still, I hope we see them again, and hear new music from them, with or without CM. And I can't wait for the new Stevie cd. I agree June seems a little too fast, but if she has an August gig already (though at a casino) it could be we will know then that the new cd is about ready to come out. I'm thinking a song on itunes and/or amazon or some web outlet first, maybe in June even, but then the full cd come August or September. That'd be so fast, it's unchartered territory, how fast we may be seeing this cd. I'm hopeful.

HejiraNYC
04-18-2010, 10:58 PM
[QUOTE=HejiraNYC;884357]You stated that I said I was promised a tourbook in the mail, like I was waiting for Godot to show up at my mailbox in vain. :rolleyes:

Oh, dear.
I said 'or something like that', and just wondered (pleasantly, even!) if you got it, not that it was important to you. Defensive much? Roll those eyes at your own denial... Sure, it was me who was 'mixed up,' as you so eloquently wrote- when it is you who can't remember something you- and only you- wrote just a few months ago.

Uh, no and no. Done.

Nathan
04-18-2010, 11:48 PM
I'm thinking it might have caused a personality clash with other people in the band, and might be part of the reason she's no longer touring with Stevie's band. Just speculating.

I am of the same opinion. I've thought that for while.

lilwing80
04-19-2010, 01:45 PM
I don't really think being religious has anything to do with it ...... Carlos is religious as well ..........just saying...........

SapphireSister
04-19-2010, 02:05 PM
Ultimately it doesn't really matter to me for the simple fact that I'm not looking at and/or paying attention to anyone but Stevie :eek: but it does sound like an unfortunate situation for Jana. That being said, I do feel bad for her to a certain extent if what's she's eluding to is the truth but there is just something soooo special about it only being the original 2 girls if a tour does happen. Just sayin'...

KarmaContestant
04-19-2010, 02:27 PM
Ultimately it doesn't really matter to me for the simple fact that I'm not looking at and/or paying attention to anyone but Stevie :eek: but it does sound like an unfortunate situation for Jana. That being said, I do feel bad for her to a certain extent if what's she's eluding to is the truth but there is just something soooo special about it only being the original 2 girls if a tour does happen. Just sayin'...

I agree totally. Jana always seemed out of place to me at a Stevie show.

If it's really back to just Stevie, Lori and Sharon - then I think that's great - assuming they actually hit the road with a setlist I haven't heard before.

WildHeart69
04-19-2010, 02:52 PM
Hey, maybe we will see something like the Enchanted tour where they kind of showcase the harmonies on some of the less played songs. That would be GREAT to see!

Ghost_Tracker
04-19-2010, 08:55 PM
There's something I'd like to point out because I honestly do feel that there's some "misconceptions" going on here. Jana was NEVER "Stevie's Backup Singer."
Jana's a "hired help" musician who signed a contract to go on one (1) tour with Stevie.
She has done so. Stevie's corporation has issued a check to Jana for her services.
Jana presumably has cashed the check and it cleared. Boom, they're done.
I think it's quite normal and expected and human for Jana to feel emotional about this,
to have hoped to continue working with Stevie and the band, and to feel that she will miss her friends. But as she's said herself, no one ever made her any promises.
She has an extensive resume working for many musicians - Don Henley, Prince etc. - and Stevie is one of those many singers she has sung for, who she can now add to her resume. But no one ever said anything about her being a member of the band for the long-term, Stevie and Jana included. She hasn't been "fired," the business relationship concluded at the end of the last tour and Stevie has decided not to continue it, which i.m.o. was the most-likely scenario - just as with Don Henley, Prince, etc. It was a "one-time deal," and went according to plan, i.m.h.o.
Maybe Bruce Springsteen or Rod Stewart will call next....

Macfanforever
04-19-2010, 09:42 PM
I like Jana,Anyway she probably need more time for her country career on the road,who knows she could win the next ACM awards with Taylor and Carrie.

CADreaming
04-19-2010, 10:03 PM
There's something I'd like to point out because I honestly do feel that there's some "misconceptions" going on here. Jana was NEVER "Stevie's Backup Singer."
Jana's a "hired help" musician who signed a contract to go on one (1) tour with Stevie.
She has done so. Stevie's corporation has issued a check to Jana for her services.
I think it's quite normal and expected and human for Jana to feel emotional about this,
to have hoped to continue working with Stevie and the band, and to feel that she will miss her friends. But as she's said herself, no one ever made her any promises.
She has an extensive resume working for many musicians - Don Henley, Prince etc. - and Stevie is one of those many singers she has sung for, who she can now add to her resume. But no one ever said anything about her being a member of the band for the long-term, Stevie and Jana included. She hasn't been "fired," the business relationship concluded at the end of the last tour and Stevie has decided not to continue it, which i.m.o. was the most-likely scenario - just as with Don Henley, Prince, etc. It was a "one-time deal," and went according to plan, i.m.h.o.

Well stated. But, since it was a one-tour gig with Fleetwood Mac that turned into another job with Stevie, and another tour with FM, over a span of almost 7 years, I'm sure she had no reason to think it would end as it did. Abruptly. At the end of a world tour. Via email. From the members of Stevie's band. A nice chat with the boss over tea and a pink -slip/btw-your-contract-is-not-being-renewed-notice would have been a little less harsh...

Ghost_Tracker
04-19-2010, 10:10 PM
Well stated. But, since it was a one-tour gig with Fleetwood Mac that turned into another job with Stevie, and another tour with FM, over a span of almost 7 years, I'm sure she had no reason to think it would end as it did. Abruptly. At the end of a world tour. Via email. From the members of Stevie's band. A nice chat with the boss over tea and a pink -slip/btw-your-contract-is-not-being-renewed-notice would have been a little less harsh...

Yeah I see what you're sayin'.
But then, Jana's in Minnesota or something and Stevie's probably in L.A.,
and I think maybe this decision was made pretty recently.

CADreaming
04-19-2010, 10:50 PM
Yeah I see what you're sayin'.
But then, Jana's in Minnesota or something and Stevie's probably in L.A.,
and I think maybe this decision was made pretty recently.

Oh, well - a phone call. :shrug:

But, them's the breaks... we only know Jana's side of the story, and it will be a nice feather in her cap for sure...

SapphireSister
04-20-2010, 11:36 AM
You're so logical :D.

skcin
04-20-2010, 12:54 PM
Oh, well - a phone call. :shrug:

But, them's the breaks... we only know Jana's side of the story, and it will be a nice feather in her cap for sure

Exactly. I'm not saying jana is lying or stretching the truth (I'm sure she's not, actually.) And I'm sure her feelings were hurt. But I think it's a bit unprofessional of her to tell random fans about it on Facebook. :shrug:

HejiraNYC
04-20-2010, 01:01 PM
Exactly. I'm not saying jana is lying or stretching the truth (I'm sure she's not, actually.) And I'm sure her feelings were hurt. But I think it's a bit unprofessional of her to tell random fans about it on Facebook. :shrug:

To be fair, she was only responding to a fan's question about the AC date. Sure, the resentment and pain are more than palpable in her post. But it's not like she posted something regrettable in the heat of the moment. But I agree that she should not have implied that this was due to politics vs. an actual performance-related issue.

Tango
04-20-2010, 01:03 PM

There is a lot to what you wrote. The other thing that comes to mind is Jana was a back up for a back up. She was hired when Mindy left mid tour. I also agree with skcin--not smart to publicly burn one's bridges like that. Most of Stevie's band/singers are on the internet.

nailatixela
04-20-2010, 03:05 PM
To be fair, she was only responding to a fan's question about the AC date. Sure, the resentment and pain are more than palpable in her post. But it's not like she posted something regrettable in the heat of the moment. But I agree that she should not have implied that this was due to politics vs. an actual performance-related issue.

And in fairness, the fan was really asking for a confirmation of the tour date. I'm sure they really didn't care if Jana was going to be there or not! :]

Ghost_Tracker
04-20-2010, 05:42 PM
Most of Stevie's band/singers are on the internet.

HI there Sharon, Lori, Waddy and Carlos!!! It's GHOST_TRACKER from the INTERNET!!! I just LOVE your music! And I LOVED the concert at Jones Beach! Wasn't it amazing how COLD it was!? Ha-Ha! Hey maybe we can hang OUT some time!!! Sound like a plan!? He- Hello!? He- - Can you hear me? Hey do you have th- the time? N- No? CALL me, we'll do lunch!

I think maybe they were in a hurry... :p

Ghost_Tracker
04-20-2010, 05:46 PM
You're so logical :D.

Why, THANK you!

http://blog.omy.sg/dingan/files/2009/04/spockvulcan.jpg

:)

JeannieKartis
04-21-2010, 02:21 PM
And in fairness, the fan was really asking for a confirmation of the tour date. I'm sure they really didn't care if Jana was going to be there or not! :]

actually I was not asking for confirmation, I was geniuely interested if Jana would be there....

RockAlot
04-21-2010, 04:10 PM
Jana just accepected me as a friend on Facebook, told her I was a fan of hers with and without Stevie. She gave me a shoot back thanking me for the thumbs up! :thumbsup: That was sweet of her :xoxo:

iamnotafraid
04-23-2010, 06:03 AM
performance-related issue.

Who wants to bet that the performance related issue was $$$?

It's not going to happen, but I think she needs to dump the whole
band and start over. Get out of that comfort zone. Young talented
no-name musician's that would push Bella. Should I hold my breath?

skcin
04-23-2010, 08:25 AM

Exactly.

There is a lot to what you wrote. The other thing that comes to mind is Jana was a back up for a back up. She was hired when Mindy left mid tour. I also agree with skcin--not smart to publicly burn one's bridges like that. Most of Stevie's band/singers are on the internet.

Yup.

Ha.

Musicman408
04-23-2010, 09:15 AM
Who wants to bet that the performance related issue was $$$?

It's not going to happen, but I think she needs to dump the whole
band and start over. Get out of that comfort zone. Young talented
no-name musician's that would push Bella. Should I hold my breath?

I mean- I'm always open for a call from her!! :nod:

chriskisn
04-23-2010, 09:26 AM
I don't know if anyone else said this because I haven't been keeping up with this thread but I kind of wonder if Jana was cut loose because she has released her own solo album. I'd imagine that Stevie might not like anyone coming to a Stevie show because they were a Jana fan :lol:

Didn't someone make a comment on here when the album was released that they were surprised that Stevie didn't lend some backing vocals to the album?

Maybe Stevie thinks that backing singers should be heard and not seen!

HejiraNYC
04-23-2010, 09:49 AM
I don't know if anyone else said this because I haven't been keeping up with this thread but I kind of wonder if Jana was cut loose because she has released her own solo album. I'd imagine that Stevie might not like anyone coming to a Stevie show because they were a Jana fan :lol:

Didn't someone make a comment on here when the album was released that they were surprised that Stevie didn't lend some backing vocals to the album?

Well, it's hard to see Sharon since she practically disappears behind the mic stand.

Christopher
04-23-2010, 10:37 AM

Please! Stevie has a history of being more than generous with her back-up singers. For example, Stevie was involved in Sandy Stewarts debut "Cat Dancer" in a big way, she sang on Maria Vidal's debut & was instrumental in Marilyn Martin's atlantic debut.

Besides the fact, has anyone even considered maybe Jana & Stevie never had great chemistry. I am sure Stevie was more than generous with Jana in their professional relationship while it was happening. But C'mon, I never felt a connection with Jana, being a long time fan, I was always thrilled and payed more attention to Sharon, Lori & Waddy since they have all been there from the birth of Stevie's solo career. They are the core, other singers come and they may go...as they have through the years...beginning on the "Wild Heart Tour".

nailatixela
04-23-2010, 02:57 PM
Well, it's hard to see Sharon since she practically disappears behind the mic stand.

LOL. You beat me to it. I was going to say, of course, this is why Stevie hides Sharon behind the mic stand!

SapphireSister
04-23-2010, 04:58 PM
LOL. You beat me to it. I was going to say, of course, this is why Stevie hides Sharon behind the mic stand!
And it's barely wide enough to cover her!