PDA

View Full Version : Gotta Love Springsteen

Betsy
05-08-2009, 11:26 AM
Bruce Springsteen is doing "song requests" on his tour. Fans bring signs requesting tunes they want to hear. Bruce and the Band deliver.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x7/ewgubbels/greensboro09_aceto.jpg

From BruceSpringsteen.net

"During the sign collection phase, Bruce grabbed it, started to tuck it under his arm, and then realized who "this guy" was. The look on his face was utter disbelief and then laughter. It was precisely the reaction I'd hoped for. When Bruce grabbed another "Growin' Up" sign from a young boy, I knew we were golden.

Eventually, my sign emerged from the pile and made its way to the microphone stand. Bruce showed it to the only member of the band who might actually know who "that guy" was. Steve struggled to contain his fits of laughter as Bruce announced to the audience, 'Who IS this guy'? The best part is that he never told the audience that it was him. It was like a private joke between myself, Bruce, and Steve."

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x7/ewgubbels/losangeles2_vanharte.jpg

(A short personal note to Stew Matthews -- Thank you for pointing me in the direction of the Boss. He puts on a helluva show...and....I got to hear Cadillac Ranch live...)

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x7/ewgubbels/losangeles2_quever.jpg http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x7/ewgubbels/hartford_saddler.jpg

Wildheart82
05-08-2009, 12:25 PM
Thank you for these amazing photos. I love Bruce but was unable to go this time around. I saw him at Staples the opening night when they first built Staples really cool. I had 4th row center and the first two rows were literally given away to fans in the nosebleed seats. They were so thrilled and the energy at the stage was amazing.

They play their hearts out. Unlike anything I have ever seen.

Nico
05-08-2009, 09:31 PM
Thanks so much for sharing! This sounds awesome. I absolutely LOVE his live shows. Possibly the best I have ever seen. And I still can't believe how great he looks for his age. Like, wow.

rubytuesday
05-10-2009, 06:12 PM
I looooove springsteen! I've never seen him live. God I'd love to.

Tusk!
05-10-2009, 11:22 PM
Springsteen is fantastic in concert. I wish Fleetwood Mac could lose some of their structure in concert. I can't even imagine Fleetwood Mac taking a request for a song they don't often play!

Stew_Matthews
05-15-2009, 10:00 AM
I saw him this week in Chicago. I was hoping he'd play the Clash's London Calling or even one the Ramones tracks he's doing this tour.....but not this time. It was a great show nonetheless and probably the best crowd I've seen at the United Centre. I think he's up to about 90 different songs so far this tour........ I don't know how they remember them all! Glad you enjoyed the show you saw.

W

TrueFaith77
05-15-2009, 10:06 AM
OMG, what Clash song would you most want Fleetwood Mac to do in concert!?

ETA: duh, Lightning Strikes (Not Once But Twice)! lol

Stew_Matthews
05-15-2009, 10:18 AM

Should I stay or Should I go? - Stevie should sing that!

Betsy
05-15-2009, 11:45 AM
Wil! Good to see you!

The Boss....all I can say is...Be Still My Heart!

It's like one huge party. The energy is incredible!

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x7/ewgubbels/denver_saddler1.jpg

Stew_Matthews
05-15-2009, 12:02 PM
Wil! Good to see you!

:laugh:......I'm occasionally allowed on the web without adult supervision!

The show this week was good but the only downside of this 'bring a sign along' approach is that you can't see the show for all the bloody signs being waved about:laugh:

I'll send you a link to my photos from the show.

Betsy
05-15-2009, 12:05 PM
Who's the photo in your avatar? A self-portrait ? :laugh:

Did you take it or borrow it....

and......to what address do I send the GYOW T-shirt ? :laugh:

Stew_Matthews
05-15-2009, 12:17 PM
Who's the photo in your avatar? A self-portrait ? :laugh:

Did you take it or borrow it....

and......to what address do I send the GYOW T-shirt ? :laugh:

:DYou know I don't look like that.

It is a guy called Frank Gallagher and he is my favourite character in a UK show called 'The Shameless'. It is based in Manchester - a place I don't care for which makes the show even better. You should be able to view some of it on youtube or Channel 4. I don't know whether the humour will quite work for an American audience. I like it and it reminds me of a few people.......

I'm not going to be drawn any further on the T-Shirt discussion:laugh:.

TrueFaith77
05-15-2009, 01:54 PM
Should I stay or Should I go? - Stevie should sing that!

genius! :blob1:

gldstwmn
05-15-2009, 04:55 PM

Somebody Got Murdered

chiliD
05-15-2009, 05:23 PM

"Lost In The Supermarket"

or

"Charlie Don't Surf"

shackin'up
05-18-2009, 10:07 AM
FM's Clash-cover:

Julie's In The Drug Squad

SuzeQuze
05-19-2009, 11:57 AM
Wil! Good to see you!

The Boss....all I can say is...Be Still My Heart!

It's like one huge party. The energy is incredible!

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x7/ewgubbels/denver_saddler1.jpg

Scrumptious.

Betsy
09-23-2009, 10:10 AM
I am madly looking for a torrent from this show. Should someone find one, please let me know.

BORN TO RUN IN CHICAGO 9/21
Either you were at the show in Chicago last night or you are probably wishing you were there: smack in the middle of an epic set, Bruce and the Band played "Born To Run" in its entirety. But that ain't all: among the audience requests were two never-before-played oldies-but-goodies: The Crystals' "Da Doo Ron Ron" (Couldn't you just hear Bruce singing "I met him on a Monday and my heart stood still?") and "Rockin' Robin," a 1958 hit for Bobby Day and revived by Michael Jackson as one of his first singles as a solo recording artist. Let's not forget the late, great Ellie Greenwich, who co-wrote "Da Doo Ron Ron" with Jeff Barry and Phil Spector.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x7/ewgubbels/desmoines_lyons.jpg

I hope this isn't the last time Bruce tours. I wanna see him in concert in person before I buy the farm.

FORGOT TO MENTION: HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRUCE. He turns 60 today.

Dodfather
09-23-2009, 01:48 PM
I am madly looking for a torrent from this show. Should someone find one, please let me know.

BORN TO RUN IN CHICAGO 9/21
Either you were at the show in Chicago last night or you are probably wishing you were there: smack in the middle of an epic set, Bruce and the Band played "Born To Run" in its entirety. But that ain't all: among the audience requests were two never-before-played oldies-but-goodies: The Crystals' "Da Doo Ron Ron" (Couldn't you just hear Bruce singing "I met him on a Monday and my heart stood still?") and "Rockin' Robin," a 1958 hit for Bobby Day and revived by Michael Jackson as one of his first singles as a solo recording artist. Let's not forget the late, great Ellie Greenwich, who co-wrote "Da Doo Ron Ron" with Jeff Barry and Phil Spector.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x7/ewgubbels/desmoines_lyons.jpg

I hope this isn't the last time Bruce tours. I wanna see him in concert in person before I buy the farm.

FORGOT TO MENTION: HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRUCE. He turns 60 today.

Oh wow!! Their version of Da Do Ron Ron is fantastic! I can't believe this. One of my favourite bands doing a kickass version of on eof my favourite old 60s tunes. Thank you!!

Nico
09-23-2009, 03:47 PM
I just saw them in Chicago and it was quite possibly the most brilliant show I have ever seen. But I am not surprised with Bruce and his band. He's just...amazing. That whole thing where he goes into the crowds, pulls kids on stage, the powerful way he delivers every single note, his energy, enthusiasm, the song requests (Da Doo Ron Ron was INCREDIBLE), and his whole attitude just rock. He's the best. I love him. Dang I'm really, really, really into him right now. I just want to listen to all of his songs back to back...:xoxo:

WildHeart69
09-24-2009, 12:18 AM
I am making a "Needles and Pins" sign to stump them for the last Philly show.... I know Little Steven will know it and I think it would work really well for them

LukeA
09-24-2009, 12:33 AM
I am making a "Needles and Pins" sign to stump them for the last Philly show.... I know Little Steven will know it and I think it would work really well for them

VERY jealous you are going to this show :thumbsup:

Amlyn
10-04-2009, 06:43 AM
I was fortunate enough to score a ticket to last night's show at Giants Stadium. It was amazing!

I've seen Springsteen and the band a couple of times before, but this was absolutely my favorite concert of theirs.

I'm still in awe that about a quarter century later, I was able to see the "Born in the USA" tour. In case you didn't know, this was the third night and third album that they played all the way through, from beginning to end. They usually maybe play one or two songs from this album at their shows, so to hear the entire thing was truly a once in a lifetime opportunity.

One of the standout moments for me was during the third song I think it was, Bruce walks out into the crowd -- they have general admission standing on the floor, so picture him walking into the crowd from the side about a 1/3 of the way. He was singing (well we were singing) Hungry Heart and the song was winding down and he wanted to get back to the stage quickly. So he jumps up onto a platform and asks the crowd to help him back and literally crowd surfs back up to the stage. There must have been about 30 rows of people lifting him through the air about 50 feet or so. I still can't believe he did that.

And one of his sign requests they did was Jersey Girl. Never thought I'd get to hear that live. It was enough for this Jersey Girl to surrender to the fact that Springsteen may just be a god.

If you have a chance to catch one of their shows still this fall, I highly recommend it. It was an exhilarating night and I'm still pumped.

WildHeart69
10-04-2009, 08:49 PM
I don't know if anyone is familiar with backstreets.com

I go there a lot to catch up on setlists, etc. They have a great review, setlist, and photos for EVERY show! It's a great site.

I have been salivating over these Giants Stadium shows... I just dont have the money right now for multiple shows. Thank God FM is overseas!

http://backstreets.com/setlists.html

Nico
10-04-2009, 09:58 PM
I wish I could have been at one of those Giants Stadium shows, but I will enjoy it all vicariously through youtube and reviews- thank you. :wavey:

When I was very little my dad was (still is) a HUGE Bruce fan and I never "got" what he did at that age. It took some time and lot of in-depth listening as opposed to just surface-level, radio stuff...but after all of that I'm convinced that Bruce Springsteen is the greatest ever. I mean it. There's some people who might scoff at such a grandiose statement, but when I listen to his entire body of work, the consistency is remarkable...and he's just an extraordinary songwriter.

Great music is simply great music. If it moves you, that's what counts. Bruce isn't some revolutionary mastermind musically, but the way he writes/delivers his songs is SO powerful that it's hard to describe. And then he carries all of that, and then some, on to the stage. There are so few artists, if any, who can do it to the level he does.

I'll say it again: if you have the opportunity to, GO SEE HIM. You won't regret it. That ticketmaster/livenation reviews board is chalk-full of people who were never big Bruce Springsteen fans and then after seeing him live declared it was one of the greatest concerts of their life.

Betsy
10-04-2009, 11:22 PM
My friend Kiley and her husband live in NYC and are big Springsteen fans. She is able to go to multiple concerts which are being held on the East Coast. (I am so jealous, but she is a national writer with the AP so she sends me great reviews....and she also lives on the Backstreets website as well as the news wires...so when she gets wind of something, she lets me know.)

She sent me this link and said it is fascinating to watch. (BTW Thank you Amlyn for the reference to the concert.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzW9ejkS754

I guess (?) Bruce has never crowd surfed before. To have that much faith in the crowd ... to be so loved by the crowd ... and to literally BE ONE WITH THE CROWD says a lot about the performer.

I was in awe when I saw Tom Petty in concert in 2006. He started singing Free Fallin', then stopped, as the crowd sang to him. And he smiled as they sang.

The beginnings of Hungry Heart, reminded me of that very same thing.

A performer who makes you, the audience, a part of the performance, is truly gifted in his craft.

WildHeart69
10-05-2009, 01:37 AM
Yeah, I know what you mean. I saw Bruce in Giants Stadium during the Rising Tour (Night 9) and I always said it was like a religious experience... one of the best shows I ever saw

Amlyn
10-05-2009, 05:46 AM
My friend Kiley and her husband live in NYC and are big Springsteen fans. She is able to go to multiple concerts which are being held on the East Coast. (I am so jealous, but she is a national writer with the AP so she sends me great reviews....and she also lives on the Backstreets website as well as the news wires...so when she gets wind of something, she lets me know.)

She sent me this link and said it is fascinating to watch. (BTW Thank you Amlyn for the reference to the concert.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzW9ejkS754

I guess (?) Bruce has never crowd surfed before. To have that much faith in the crowd ... to be so loved by the crowd ... and to literally BE ONE WITH THE CROWD says a lot about the performer.

I was in awe when I saw Tom Petty in concert in 2006. He started singing Free Fallin', then stopped, as the crowd sang to him. And he smiled as they sang.

The beginnings of Hungry Heart, reminded me of that very same thing.

A performer who makes you, the audience, a part of the performance, is truly gifted in his craft.

Thanks Betsy for the link on youtube. I haven't had the chance to go over there and look for videos from that night so this was great! I still can't believe he did that!!

Betsy
10-05-2009, 09:25 AM
I didn't make it to a concert (physically) because of the Ticketmaster fiasco. Five minutes in the sale for Denver and they were sold out, but Ticketsnow, had the same tickets with an extra $100 on them. So, I have lived my concert experience through Kiley, torrents and Youtube.

An excellent source for all things "Bruce" is StewMatthews. He has turned me onto so many songs of Bruce's that I didn't know exist....(and jazz...and I said I hated jazz.) He first introduced me to Backstreets. If you haven't been to the site, you ought to go.

I am hoping that this time around isn't the last time for Bruce...there is such magic, that I want it to go on and on and on....

I decided not to go to FM when they were in Denver because I wanted to hit Bruce and funds were short. Then.... I didn't get a chance to see either....but Clapton and Winwood came along in June and my son and I were in the rafters along with the other 50somethings and 60somethings, and a lot of smoke... :lol:

Betsy
10-05-2009, 11:26 AM
FYI from my NYC connections:

Word is Bruce has filed for a special permit to play to 1AM Friday night, the last concert ever at Giants Stadium. Guests Bon Jovi and Mick Jagger.

WildHeart69
10-05-2009, 12:12 PM

Word is Bruce has filed for a special permit to play to 1AM Friday night, the last concert ever at Giants Stadium. Guests Bon Jovi and Mick Jagger.

:shocked::shocked::shocked:

Do they work for the meadowlands, or for the state?

HejiraNYC
10-05-2009, 12:43 PM

While I am not a Springsteen fan at all (though I have seen him twice in the 80's), this sounds like it will be an event for the history books! I remember Billy Joel's final shows at Shea Stadium were special (Paul McCartney!), so I'm sure this will be special too. Granted, I think I would rather clip my toenails than listen to Bon Jovi caterwauling... but Jagger and Springsteen together sounds like it would be interesting! I saw some not-too-overpriced general admission tickets on some of the broker sites, so... ugh... I'm tempted! Is Friday going to be a Born in the USA night or a Born to Run night? I would have preferred Darkness on the Edge of Town, but if they are seriously considering a 5-hour concert, he will probably end up doing all of them. :eek:

holidayroad
10-05-2009, 01:23 PM
I like Bruce reasonably well, but my seven year old LOVES him! Especially "Dancing in the Dark"!

WildHeart69
10-05-2009, 06:29 PM
if they are seriously considering a 5-hour concert, he will probably end up doing all of them. :eek:

I was thinking the exact same thing...I wouldnt put it past him

The schedule is:
* Wed, Sep 30 - Born to Run
* Fri, Oct 2 - Darkness on the Edge of Town
* Sat, Oct 3 - Born in the U.S.A.
* Thur, Oct 8 - Born to Run
* Fri, Oct 9 - Born in the U.S.A.

AND since they have been doing "satisfaction" a few times this tour, you know they will be ready for Mick

Nico
10-05-2009, 06:44 PM
I found this weirdness on youtube. It's so strange I can't help but love it. Kudos to the people involved, and this isn't a song of Bruce's I'm crazy for (even though my niece loves it) but it fits:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3Q5eRT669zE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3Q5eRT669zE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I mean, well...creative.:lol:
Guess it was made for his BD.

LukeA
10-06-2009, 04:23 AM
Yeah.

Can we all agree that "Working On a Dream" (the album) sucks? :)

Dodfather
10-06-2009, 05:23 AM
It's not great, no. A couple of ok tracks but not one of his best. The Seeger Sessions and Magic are both really good though.

Nico
10-06-2009, 07:18 AM
It's not great, no. A couple of ok tracks but not one of his best. The Seeger Sessions and Magic are both really good though.

It's all about The Rising.

chriskisn
10-06-2009, 07:48 AM
Yeah.

Can we all agree that "Working On a Dream" (the album) sucks? :)

Sadly yes...

WildHeart69
10-06-2009, 03:13 PM
I didnt even buy it because of the whole Wal-Mart thing...I dont support any of that b.s.

But from what I hear, it doesnt appeal do me... Magic wasnt much better, but there are a couple I like.

The Rising....one of my ALL time favorite albums. I think it was just what music fans needed at the time it came out (Post-9/11). It's songs are absolutely amazing live as well. The Rising tour shows I went to were better than the Magic shows I feel... but the only saving grace for the WOAD tour is that he is playing some really great sets, especially with the full album sets he has been doing.

Nico
10-06-2009, 03:18 PM
I didnt even buy it because of the whole Wal-Mart thing...I dont support any of that b.s.

But from what I hear, it doesnt appeal do me... Magic wasnt much better, but there are a couple I like.

The Rising....one of my ALL time favorite albums. I think it was just what music fans needed at the time it came out (Post-9/11). It's songs are absolutely amazing live as well. The Rising tour shows I went to were better than the Magic shows I feel... but the only saving grace for the WOAD tour is that he is playing some really great sets, especially with the full album sets he has been doing.

Thank you. The Rising is a straight-up masterpiece. I probably fell in love with Bruce all over again after that one. I think it's perfection from beginning to end.

I adore Magic, though. It's a fantastic album and that song, Girls In Their Summer Clothes is soooooo perfect. I think it's one of his best songs honestly.

WOAD isn't my cup of tea, but The Wrestler is breathtaking. I HATE the Queen of the Supermarket song. I forgive him because he's old but my gawd it's bad. Surprise, Surprise is sort of Paul Macca-ish, but it's a lot less annoying than hearing him sing, "I'm in love with the queen of the supermarket..." Ew.

David
10-06-2009, 05:43 PM
My favorite is

Rosalita, jump a little HIYA
Senorita, come sit by my FIYA

WildHeart69
10-07-2009, 02:29 PM
to some degree, that is probably everyone's favorite! :D

WildHeart69
10-07-2009, 02:37 PM
I just read this on Backstreets!

FULL ALBUMS IN PHILLY AND BEYOND
Three shows into the Giants Stadium stand, audiences have now gotten a taste of all three albums that Bruce and the E Street Band are playing top to bottom: Born to Run, Darkness, and Born in the U.S.A. Later this week, Born to Run and Born in the U.S.A. will be reprised at the final two nights of the stand, Thursday and Friday nights, respectively.

But the swamps of Jersey won't be the only place to hear this trio: the Spectrum has just announced that Bruce and the band will be giving Philly audiences the same treatment when that stand starts next week:

* Tue, Oct 13 - Born to Run
* Wed, Oct 14 - Darkness on the Edge of Town
* Mon, Oct 19 - Born to Run
* Tue, Oct 20 - Born in the U.S.A.

I am going to the one on the 20th! I am so excited!

WildHeart69
10-09-2009, 11:02 PM

Well I just listened to a stream of the show... no special guests and it lasted about 3 hrs and 15 mins (til about 11:45)

Betsy
10-10-2009, 03:55 PM
^^^

I was wrong, wasn't I? mea culpa, me aculpa, mea maxima culpa

(My friends did back to back shows on Thursday & Friday and look tired, but said they had a blast and are still on the "Boss-inspired" high.)

Wildheart69: Hope you have a good time on the 20th.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x7/ewgubbels/mska.jpg

Cornflake Girl
10-10-2009, 05:19 PM
It's all about The Rising.

It is indeed. ''The Nothing Man'', pure Boss brilliance.

(I just watched your video. Completely epic.)

Betsy
10-22-2009, 03:52 PM
I just read this on Backstreets!

FULL ALBUMS IN PHILLY AND BEYOND
Three shows into the Giants Stadium stand, audiences have now gotten a taste of all three albums that Bruce and the E Street Band are playing top to bottom: Born to Run, Darkness, and Born in the U.S.A. Later this week, Born to Run and Born in the U.S.A. will be reprised at the final two nights of the stand, Thursday and Friday nights, respectively.

But the swamps of Jersey won't be the only place to hear this trio: the Spectrum has just announced that Bruce and the band will be giving Philly audiences the same treatment when that stand starts next week:

* Tue, Oct 13 - Born to Run
* Wed, Oct 14 - Darkness on the Edge of Town
* Mon, Oct 19 - Born to Run
* Tue, Oct 20 - Born in the U.S.A.

I am going to the one on the 20th! I am so excited!

How did the concert go?

WildHeart69
10-23-2009, 12:05 AM
Oh man! AMAZING! We got on the rail in the front of the second pit. During Hungry Heart he came right to us and came over the rail and just laid back into us (not for the crowd surfing part, just a "Hold on to me, I'm taking a rest" moment!

Then during Spirit in The Night he came over again and I grabbed his hand, but my sister got a hold of him and got a big hug from him and she planted a big kiss on his cheek. It was an amazing experience.

I made a "Needles and Pins" request, but it didnt get played, but Steven saw it and gave it a nod. But my sister made a sign that said "Save The Last Dance For Me!" so she could get on stage during Dancing in the Dark, but he ended up playing the song "Save the Last Dance For Me" instead b/c he brought his mom up on stage to dance.

I have a couple crappy pics I am just now getting onto the net. Some were taken on mine and my sister has some on hers, but she hasnt posted them yet. I will get some on in a min.

Go to backstreets.com and read the reviews!

WildHeart69
10-23-2009, 12:14 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/mikosuave/Springsteen%20-%20Spedtrum%2010-20-09/DSCN4007.jpg

WildHeart69
10-23-2009, 12:22 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/mikosuave/Springsteen%20-%20Spedtrum%2010-20-09/DSCN4001.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/mikosuave/Springsteen%20-%20Spedtrum%2010-20-09/DSCN4000.jpg

WildHeart69
10-23-2009, 12:32 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/mikosuave/Springsteen%20-%20Spedtrum%2010-20-09/DSCN4002.jpg

Here is a really bad one of when he came over the second time... I think I got some from the first time on my sister's camera

LukeA
10-23-2009, 12:39 AM
AWESOME!!!

But how could you leave out that they finally did THE PRICE YOU PAY?? :blob1:

Nico
10-23-2009, 01:09 AM
Thanks so much for sharing those. He's incredible...just. Wow. I'm going to see him again. I totally just saw him in Chicago and I went out and got tix to another show almost immediately after because it is SO WORTH spending my hard-earned money on him. He's that good.:nod:

Great pics btw.:wavey:

WildHeart69
10-23-2009, 01:19 AM
AWESOME!!!

But how could you leave out that they finally did THE PRICE YOU PAY?? :blob1:

Ha! Well I figured this was a Mac board and nobody would get excited about that! The original drummer, Vini Lopez, was also there and played on Spirit in The Night... I actually got to see/hear them play it during soundcheck so it wasnt as big of a surprise that he was in the house. I just thought he would have played more.

It was just an amazing show - one that many are calling one of the best ever

Betsy
10-24-2009, 02:21 AM
Oh man! AMAZING!

... he ended up playing the song "Save the Last Dance For Me" instead b/c he brought his mom up on stage to dance.
I have a couple crappy pics I am just now getting onto the net. Some were taken on mine and my sister has some on hers, but she hasnt posted them yet. I will get some on in a min.

Go to backstreets.com and read the reviews!

Those are cool photos... Not crappy ones! It is exciting to see photos which are so up close. I am too old to get up front and I read that life in the pit (at the Giants stadium) can be crowded and some Italian guys needed to use deodrant.... but i am glad that there are folks like you out there living the excitement and sharing it with the rest of us. Bravo! And thank you.

And on another note...I also like reading that Bruce danced with his mom. I am off to Youtube to see some footage...being a mom myself and now a grandma, that warms my heart.

Thanks for the review and the photos.

P.S . Are the wrist bands for the lucky folks who make it to the pit?

WildHeart69
10-24-2009, 03:42 AM
The wristbands were all numbered for the Pit lottery... the people that actually got in the pit got a second wristband

David
10-24-2009, 11:11 AM
Did the Boss sing Rhiannon at one of these tour stops? He is rumored to have done so.

WildHeart69
10-24-2009, 04:20 PM
^ No, I have been keeping up with the sets and I never came across this.

vivfox
10-26-2009, 11:01 PM
Springsteen cancels show after roadie's deathThe Associated Press, October 26, 2009

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) -- Bruce Springsteen canceled a performance in Kansas City after his cousin and road crew member died.

The death of 36-year-old Lenny Sullivan was announced in a statement on Springsteen's Web site.

Sullivan was found dead at Kansas City's Intercontinental Hotel hours before Springsteen and the E Street Band were to take the stage Monday night.

Kansas City police spokesman Capt. Rich Lockhart said officers were investigating the death, although he said it was not suspicious.
A call to Springsteen's publicist was not immediately returned.

The Sprint Center arena said tickets would be refunded.

http://wonderwall.msn.com/movies/five-arrested-in-burglary-ring-involving-lindsay-lohan-paris-hilton-1523813.story?gt1=28135#wallState=0__/movies/Springsteen-cancels-show-after-roadies-death-1523856.story

vivfox
10-26-2009, 11:02 PM
^ No, I have been keeping up with the sets and I never came across this.

He's playing with you.

WildHeart69
10-27-2009, 12:16 AM
He's playing with you.

eh, whatever. It wouldnt surprise me if someone requested it.

LukeA
10-27-2009, 02:22 AM
Sad that KC got canceled, not postponed. I guess the band definitely needs a break (this recent tragedy notwithstanding)

WildHeart69
10-27-2009, 12:07 PM
I know the last couple years have really taken their toll on Clarence. He could hardly walk last week. When they did "American Land" I didnt think he was going to make it center stage... but you gotta hand it to him, he always has a smile

Betsy
10-27-2009, 12:57 PM
WOW....I didn't know about the death or the cancellation. How sad.

I just bought Clarence's book BIG MAN off of Amazon. It came last week.

I was watchingVH1 Classic just this weekend, when I saw an old video of Clarence. VH1 did a one-hit wonders list. They had a video featuring Clarence and Jackson Browne. I didn't know they did a song together....

But then again, I am a Springsteen newbie....and am really late at hopping on the Boss bandwagon....I hopped on with BORN IN THE USA...but then hopped off for about 20 years.

Nico
10-27-2009, 04:51 PM
WOW....I didn't know about the death or the cancellation. How sad.

I just bought Clarence's book BIG MAN off of Amazon. It came last week.

I was watchingVH1 Classic just this weekend, when I saw an old video of Clarence. VH1 did a one-hit wonders list. They had a video featuring Clarence and Jackson Browne. I didn't know they did a song together....

But then again, I am a Springsteen newbie....and am really late at hopping on the Boss bandwagon....I hopped on with BORN IN THE USA...but then hopped off for about 20 years.

Betsy, how's that book? I think I'm going to get it.

My best friend, who hated Bruce because of BITUSA, has now become the BIGGEST Bruce fan and is ravenously collecting everything she can get her hands on. She's so obsessed that I try to avoid her these days because it's so been there, done that for me and I was telling her 8 years ago about his greatness but she kept calling him "truck driver music" or something of such completely untrue, inaccurate blanket description.:rolleyes: She saw one episode of "Cold Case" or some crime show that had all his songs and has been hooked ever since. Goes to show how well she values my opinion, eh?:laugh:

Betsy
01-03-2010, 04:04 PM
I am hooked on this guy.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2deQgkciOB4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2deQgkciOB4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

John Stewart did the intro for the Bruce Segment at the Kennedy Honors. It too, made my day, but this video, makes my heart sing.

P.S. for Nico, I liked the book. My AP friend Kiley interviewed The Big Man on the book. I have a link to her review if you'd like to read it.

vivfox
01-03-2010, 10:47 PM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2deQgkciOB4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2deQgkciOB4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Thank you for posting this awesome video! Can you imagine how many more tickets Fleetwood Mac could sell if they were even half as exciting as this type of show?

Nico
02-18-2010, 11:38 PM
P.S. for Nico, I liked the book. My AP friend Kiley interviewed The Big Man on the book. I have a link to her review if you'd like to read it.

Absolutely. Send it my way...please. :)

Betsy
02-20-2010, 02:42 PM
Hey Nick...

As for Clarence's BIG MAN. It is liberally sprinkled with the f-word...like every chapter....sometimes every other page, sometimes every other paragraph...sometimes every other sentence, etc. etc.

It is a good and fast read. The chapters vary from 1-5 pages. When Clarence tells a story, the pages are in white, and when Don tells the story, they are in gray.

The book is a pleasant read, like the authors are talking to you. The only *problem* is that you don't know what's truth or what is fiction...I guess that's why it's subtitled "Real Life & Tall Tales".

He mentions a meeting with Frank Sinatra, who is contemplating recording BORN TO RUN with acoustic guitars. Then there's a chapter on a reported *legend* of running into Graucho Marx on the phone, etc.

I really enjoyed it and ended up thinking about the stories as I was driving or doing other life things - so the book stayed on my mind.