PDA

View Full Version : Angels Starting Pitcher Killed After Ball Game

GODDESS6
04-09-2009, 03:28 PM
Posted Apr 9th 2009 10:49AM by TMZ Staff
TMZ has learned Los Angeles Angels ] Nick Adenhart was killed in a felony hit-and-run [accidentin Fullerton, California early this morning -- hours after he pitched in a game last night.

Cops say someone driving a minivan blew through a light causing the Mitsubishi that Adenhart was in to hit a light pole. Three people were killed in the crash, including Nick.

Cops say the person driving the fled the scene -- but was later caught and charged with felony hit-and-run. The suspect is currently being treated for injuries in a local hospital.

We're told one of the other men killed in the crash was also affiliated with the Angels organization.

Nick was 22-years-old.

very sad news:distress:, i hope they throw the book at the guy who caused al this~

chiliD
04-09-2009, 05:39 PM
This hits close to home. The accident happened just a few miles from my house and was along my morning commute to work (this morning, only because there were multiple accidents on the freeway that parallels that street). Had to detour due to road closures...didn't know why until I heard the tragic news on the morning traffic report about 2 minutes after I made the U-turn. But, at the time, the names of the victims weren't released...just said "someone of local celebrity".

Even when I'm not commuting, I go through that intersection probably 3-4 times a week....maybe more.

We're told one of the other men killed in the crash was also affiliated with the Angels organization.
Actually, no, no announced affiliation with the Angels in local paper (online version), he was a law student at a local university (21 yrs old). The female driver of the car Nick was riding in was an ex-CSU Fullerton cheerleader (20 yrs old). The sole survivor from their vehicle was a CSU Fullerton baseball player (22 yrs old)...however, he's in critical condition at UCI Medical Center...haven't heard an update on his condition.

The driver who caused this was driving on a suspended license from a previous DUI conviction.

Tonight's Angels/A's game has been postponed.

LukeA
04-09-2009, 11:09 PM
I've heard that this intersection (Lemon & Orangethorpe) can be a difficult one at times.

A very sad story from all possible angles. But, then again, its always sad when a dreg of society f's up yet again, and harms (kills) multiple innocent victims.

David
04-10-2009, 11:48 AM
I've heard that this intersection (Lemon & Orangethorpe) can be a difficult one at times.There's a much better intersection at Harbor and Bastanchury.

chiliD
04-10-2009, 02:12 PM
There's a much better intersection at Harbor and Bastanchury.

Well, yeah, there's a hospital there.

I prefer Kraemer & Chapman.