PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of?

David A
03-29-2009, 07:28 PM
Huey Lewis And The News ?

Richard Marx?

Hall and Oates?

I like em all, I think Huey and Hall and Oates are extremely under rated.

Richard Marx - I like some of his hit songs, Endless Summer Nights and Should Have Known Better are good

iamnotafraid
03-29-2009, 07:49 PM

Richard Marx?

Hall and Oates?

Huey Lewis And the News... good group, they ruled NBC's Friday Night Videos.
Kind of got burned out on them though, back in the day.

Richard Marx.... um... no. Well at least he was an Elvis fan.

Hall and Oates..... those guys were very good. Back in school days a friend and
myself used to sing "Maneater" to this girl. It was kind of like her theme song. I
don't think she'd agree with that though (it was a joke).

LukeA
03-29-2009, 09:31 PM

Richard Marx?

Hall and Oates?

Richard Marx - I like some of his hit songs, Endless Summer Nights and Should Have Known Better are good

Did you read the responses in the other thread that you started? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=39136)

jr2280
04-02-2009, 12:59 AM
love Huey Lewis. Power of Love is one of the best songs ever.

skcin
04-02-2009, 10:14 AM
Did you read the responses in the other thread that you started? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=39136)

I thought this sounded familiar. :rolleyes:

I think they all suck, btw.

markolas
04-02-2009, 11:59 AM
I kind of like Hall & Oates, especially the earlier stuff (Rich Girl, Sara Smile). The others? Blech. Especially Huey Lewis. Ick.

Ghost_Tracker
04-03-2009, 05:07 PM

Richard Marx?

Hall and Oates?

I love Hall and Oates too.

I think the saxophone solo in "Maneater" is one of the best all-time riffs
in pop music - it just amazes me, every time I hear it.

:)

Nico
04-05-2009, 12:54 AM
I really like Hall & Oates. They've got a lot of great songs which I play frequently when I'm in the mood. I think I understand how some people would be embarrassed to like them, but they're obviously very talented and have really beautiful voices and some pretty catchy tunes.

The other two I can take or leave, but I've always loved the Power of Love. I grew up in the 80's and Micheal J. Fox is one of our icons...;)

SteveMacD
04-05-2009, 12:50 PM
Sucks, though I'd go drinking with them.

Richard Marx?
Sucks.

Hall and Oates?
Okay, though not my personal favorites.

Why do you keep asking, BTW?

GODDESS6
04-05-2009, 01:54 PM
Huey Lewis And The News ? love them, especially 'walking on a thin line'

Richard Marx? i just like one of his songs~

Hall and Oates? i love older hall & oates like 'she's gone', 'rich girl', & 'sara smile' , it's an all time fav of mine, i play it all the time~

Lee
04-07-2009, 10:29 AM

Richard Marx?

Hall and Oates?

Huey Lewis & The News I like. I have some of their music, greatest hits I think. Never seen them live, but I'll bet they aren't bad live.

Richard Marx, I don't have his music, but know of his music. He isn't bad. Isn't he married from someone who was in the movie, Dirty Dancing? Can't think of her name.

Hall & Oates, I am a huge fan. My husband calls me a H & O groupie. (I'm also a Mac groupie.) In fact, as I type this, I am looking a few pictures of H & O posted on my bulletin board at work. Pics were taken when I went to see them in concert a few years back. I try to see them when they are in my area. Last time though, I didn't go. I think I may be suffering from a little H & O concert burn-out, plus my husband gets tired of seeing them I think. :laugh: And yes, Hall & Oates are underrated. And when are they going to get into the R & R Hall of Fame?

Lee :)

Ghost_Tracker
09-30-2009, 10:11 PM

Richard Marx?

Hall and Oates?

I've always really loved by Huey Lewis and the News, and Hall and Oates. Maneater, especially - - The saxophone solo in that song is just out of sight.

Richard Marx . . . Not so much. I don't hate him or anything but I guess it's a "take it or leave it" kind of thing.

holidayroad
10-01-2009, 07:19 AM

Richard Marx?

Hall and Oates?

I Love Hall and Oates!!!!!! They are my second favorite to FMac!! Glad to see someone here likes them too!!

holidayroad
10-01-2009, 04:50 PM
Is there a good Daryl Hall/John Oates discussion board anywhere? Used to be one on hallandoates.com, but I think they discontinued it.

Musicman408
10-02-2009, 07:30 AM
Huey Lewis is a gerat band- my friend listens to them all of the time when we're hanging out!!!

Lee
10-14-2009, 08:48 AM
Is there a good Daryl Hall/John Oates discussion board anywhere? Used to be one on hallandoates.com, but I think they discontinued it.

I'm a member on a couple of boards on Yahoo, one is more active than the other though. I know there are other boards out there, but I'm not sure where they are now. Yeah, there was a big stink when H & O disbanded their message board & fired their web mistress. It's like they didn't care about their fans. Most official artists web site have message boards for their fans. :shrug: But I believe they have a Twitter & Facebook though I'm not a member of either one.

The reason I brought this thread back up is because I'm going to see Hall & Oates at the Wachovia Spectrum on 10/23 & was wondering if any Ledgies are going. It's their last show there as they are tearing down the Spectrum. I also think Springsteen & Pearl Jam are also having their last shows there. I couldn't get on the floor; I'm on the lower level near the stage, close to John & Charlie,where I want to be. My logic is you never know; this could be one of their last shows together. There's a rumor going around that it could be it. They are each doing their solo bits next year. I'm sad because their music together is the best. :(

holidayroad
10-14-2009, 09:51 AM
I'm a member on a couple of boards on Yahoo, one is more active than the other though. I know there are other boards out there, but I'm not sure where they are now. Yeah, there was a big stink when H & O disbanded their message board & fired their web mistress. It's like they didn't care about their fans. Most official artists web site have message boards for their fans. :shrug: But I believe they have a Twitter & Facebook though I'm not a member of either one.

The reason I brought this thread back up is because I'm going to see Hall & Oates at the Wachovia Spectrum on 10/23 & was wondering if any Ledgies are going. It's their last show there as they are tearing down the Spectrum. I also think Springsteen & Pearl Jam are also having their last shows there. I couldn't get on the floor; I'm on the lower level near the stage, close to John & Charlie,where I want to be. My logic is you never know; this could be one of their last shows together. There's a rumor going around that it could be it. They are each doing their solo bits next year. I'm sad because their music together is the best. :(

Cool for you getting to see H&O!!! I've only been to one concert(Cincinnati, OH 1998) I loved every second of it!! Thanks for posting about the message boards. Which one do you think is better? I miss the one from hallandoates.com, but I guess they have their reasons for taking it down. I don't know if H&O are planning to go seperate ways. They have done solo work before and then been back together, Hopefully they won't take a long break from each other again like they did back in the '90s!