PDA

View Full Version : The hypothetical Ledgie album

Moz
03-23-2009, 11:43 PM
Imagine this: A Fleetwood Mac and Co. cover album, done entirely by Ledgies. Wouldn't that be wild? I realize that would be impossible to do, but it would be neat if we got all of our musicians and singers together, and get them to play parts (like someone doing the guitar part, someone else does the keyboard part) of a song, and then mix it all together into one big cover song done by Ledgies? Of course, it would all be done over the internet, with people recording their parts and sending it to someone to mix it all together. It's a wild idea, but it sure would be neat! :]

nightbird28
03-24-2009, 12:37 AM
I think we've thrown this idea around before. I already have done a cool NIN version of Go Insane. Anyone else have any other covers we could make a list have a vote?

iamnotafraid
03-24-2009, 02:32 AM
like someone doing the guitar part of a song, and then mix it all together into one big cover song done by Ledgies? Of course with people recording their parts and sending it to someone to mix it all together.

Well you can probably guess which song I want to play lead guitar on!

TrueFaith77
03-24-2009, 08:05 AM
I think it's a great idea.

Musicman408
03-24-2009, 10:05 AM
I would totally be game to add some keys to whatever song we chose. I think it's a great idea and would love to be a part of it!!

David
03-24-2009, 10:11 AM
I think we've thrown this idea around before. I already have done a cool NIN version of Go Insane. Anyone else have any other covers we could make a list have a vote?I've done "Songbird" with a friend & "Has Anyone" with another ledgie. Plus I've done a partial "Bleed to Love Her" & a partial "I Know I'm Not Wrong" with a banned/bant ledgie.

This sounds really fun.

TrueFaith77
03-24-2009, 10:15 AM
Not to divert from the original plan, but maybe what would be more reasonable would be, in addition to the kind of tracks you propose, the covers album could include those covers that Ledgies have done or could do covers on their own/with their own band/etc.

chiliD
03-24-2009, 10:20 AM
I've done "Songbird" with a friend & "Has Anyone" with another ledgie. Plus I've done a partial "Bleed to Love Her" & a partial "I Know I'm Not Wrong" with a banned/bant ledgie.

This sounds really fun.

Have you forgotten our killer version of "Bermuda Triangle" that we did for a while, David? :shrug: (which segued into Sade's "Smooth Operator"....or was it a Toni Braxton song?)

I had recorded "Bermuda Triangle" for a recording class back in the late 70's...but before I could dub a copy for myself (since all tapes submitted to the instructor weren't to be returned to the student), they bulk erased all the master multitrack reels. 3 months of work gone in an instant of one flip of a switch of a electromagnet.:o

I call dibs on lead guitar on "Oh Well"....and basically anything pre-75.

TrueFaith77
03-24-2009, 10:40 AM
Have you forgotten our killer version of "Bermuda Triangle" that we did for a while, David? :shrug: (which segued into Sade's "Smooth Operator"....or was it a Toni Braxton song?)

I'd love to hear that. I love "Smooth Operator"!

fleetwoodtrick
03-24-2009, 03:06 PM
I'm not good enough at guitar or piano to play any Mac songs (well, the way they were played on the albums atleast!), but I'd love to help. I could sing some Stevie songs. :) I can make my voice have a Stevie-ish quality to it. On a good day. :laugh:

mylittledemon
03-24-2009, 03:22 PM
I can probably do lead guitar on The Chain, So Afraid, Eyes of the World, Dreams, Rhiannon, Go Your Own Way, You Make Loving Fun, Silver Springs, Gypsy, and maybe even Say You Will or Come...

nightbird28
03-26-2009, 05:47 AM
So, how about we make a list of songs we as Ledgies already have recorded ourselves of FM songs. So, we can see what we have to work with?

fleetwoodtrick
03-26-2009, 03:21 PM
I've recorded a ton, but I always delete them. Cause it would be embarrassing if someone found them. :eek: I would absolutely love to record an early live version of Rhiannon though!

TrueFaith77
03-26-2009, 03:44 PM
So, how about we make a list of songs we as Ledgies already have recorded ourselves of FM songs. So, we can see what we have to work with?

:thumbsup:

LukeA
03-27-2009, 12:22 AM
I've done "Songbird" with a friend

Ha, I found this on my computer a month or two ago. You should post it!

Peestie
03-27-2009, 11:36 AM
I'd totally be up for this!

I'd be up for doing any mass-overdubbed vari-speed backing vocals (so much fun!), any type of guitar from any era but I'd be best at the Lindsey stuff. If we don't have any drummers here than I can do programmed drums but hopefully we won't need to resort to that. I could even do bass as long as nobody minds a bass-player with no sense of groove :p

If we're suggesting songs to do then I'd be suggesting:

Man of the World (Hell, I'll do this one on my own if no one is interested)
Green Manilishi
Big Love (studio, perhaps mixed with live?)
Save Me A Place

Although I'm happy to give anything at all a go.

Demon, if I do the acoustic/rhythm guitar for The Chain will you add the lead to it? And then we'll need a bassist to do the bass line justice.

If anyone wants to put together some Lindsey solo stuff with me as well then let me know :thumbsup: