PDA

View Full Version : Msg

macmar71
03-08-2009, 03:06 PM
This will be my first time going to Madison Square Garden. I was curious to hear what people have experienced when going there as far as their security is at check in? I am staying in NYC and will be bringing my camera for sightseeing ( not concert pics...my seats are not that good to even bother) but don't want to leave it in my my room. It is a small Nikon model. What should I do? Leave the camera home? Lock it in my luggage at the hotel? See if the hotel has in room safes? Bring it in my bag (concealed) and hope they don't find it and give me grief for it? Any info is greatly appreciated!

ontheEdgeof17
03-08-2009, 05:25 PM
Everytime I have been to MSG, security has been laxed. I've never had a problem with entrance with a camera to the arena.

macmar71
03-08-2009, 07:29 PM
Everytime I have been to MSG, security has been laxed. I've never had a problem with entrance with a camera to the arena.

thanks for the info:thumbsup:

sarahw
03-08-2009, 07:37 PM
I have been there alot, and they usually just have me open my purse, and casually look around in it, which is difficult because I take a small one and it is stuffed. Put the camera in the zip section, they won't even notice it. Or, just put it in the bottom. They are generally looking for booze, guns, that kind of thing!!!!

macmar71
03-08-2009, 07:43 PM
I have been there alot, and they usually just have me open my purse, and casually look around in it, which is difficult because I take a small one and it is stuffed. Put the camera in the zip section, they won't even notice it. Or, just put it in the bottom. They are generally looking for booze, guns, that kind of thing!!!!

Thank you for that info as I was concerned about the mention of metal detector wands!?

sarahw
03-09-2009, 07:38 PM
They always wand the guy I go with, doesn't matter if he is in jeans or a sportcoat. The most careful they have been was the October after 9/11 when I saw U2, but that is understandable due to the time and the fact that U2 is more political than the Mac. Try to go to a guy and not a lady. The guys are easier.