PDA

View Full Version : Ledger wins best supporting actor

Villavic
02-22-2009, 10:27 PM
Maybe a controversial decision, but it makes me happy, except for Robert Downey Jr. who is a great actor and my favorite as Ledger for this nomination. Good for Heath's family, hope they are somehow peacefully happy.

Zombie
02-23-2009, 03:20 AM
Ledger totally deserved that one, in my opinion. His Joker was just...fantastic. I trucked out to see the film repeatedly in the theaters (and once at the drive-in) purely because of how pleased I was with his Joker.

Of course, Christian Bale in a rubber bat suit doesn't hurt either, but hey. :shrug:

Villavic
02-23-2009, 11:24 AM
His Joker was just...fantastic.

I agree 100%. I loved his performance, and he is a great actor, but I realize that his sudden death could "help" when thinking on awards; on the other side some people could complain, or wonder "what if he were alive??"... even the loosers :rolleyes:, he hee.. Remember Shirley McLaine when she lost the Oscar that Elizabeth Taylor won (Butterfly 8). They said she said "I lost for a tracheotomy!!! :mad: ", cause Elizabeth was very ill that year and almost die.

Anyway, I'm glad Ledger won the Oscar.

GODDESS6
02-23-2009, 12:33 PM
very happy w/ ledger's win~ i love him as the joker~ he is an actor who when i watched him, always made me feel good~ even in the quirky teen move "10 things i hate about you"~

i was sad however that mickey rourke didn't win~ i was glad to see kate winslet win~

chriskisn
02-24-2009, 04:58 AM
Personally I was just happy to see Penelope Cruz win... ;-)

Of course Heath was a Perth boy - they were going to name our new performing arts centre after him, but in the end we had a change of govt and ultimately that idea got scrapped...

LukeA
02-24-2009, 05:10 AM
The Academy loves giving awards to dead people... Peter Finch winning Best Actor for "Network" over Robert DeNiro for "Taxi Driver" (and, to a lesser extent, Sylvester Stallone for "Rocky") was particularly egregious.

There's no question Josh Brolin deserved the award, but there was also no question that Ledger was going to win regardless of the competition. It is what it is.

Lindsey Jr.
02-25-2009, 10:14 AM
Ledger was absolutely faboulous as Joker. Even if he was still alive and didn't win, he would've won in the future.