PDA

View Full Version : Hi all

fleetwood_az
02-01-2009, 12:08 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm just sending out a general and sincere welcome to the Forum. My name's Az, I'm 22, from the UK and I've been a fan of the Mac for about 5 years now (give or take!). Both the Rumours and Green eras have really influenced and had a major impact on my musical taste and how I relate to things in life.

It's taken me a while to find the forum, but I'm really looking forward to joining 'the Dance' and discussing the band with you guys and all the aspects of the music (please be kind :) )

All the best,

Az

vermicious knid
02-01-2009, 02:53 PM
Welcome. Was there anything that made you become interested in them?

estranged4life
02-01-2009, 03:37 PM
Hello and welcome!!!

jannieC
02-01-2009, 03:59 PM
Hi and welcome! :woohoo: Glad you found us and I hope you find some great discussion here.

fleetwoodtrick
02-01-2009, 06:52 PM
Hi there! I'm Rhiya. :)

I had a very hard time finding this site too, but I made it here eventually!

marinnette
02-01-2009, 07:25 PM
welcome!!!

You'll soon find yourself in love with this site! ;)

fleetwood_az
02-08-2009, 07:17 AM
I certainly hope so Marinnette :-)

It's difficult to say exactly what made me first interested in them Vermicious Knid (Charlie is a great book btw :-) In terms of the classic line up, it was first seeing the Say You Will Tour DVD Live in Boston at a friend's house. I was really impressed by both the band's musicianship and sound, and also the truth that can be found in the lyrics (the good and bad, yet always truthful aspects of love and relationships)

As the for the Blues/Greeny era, my father is a massive blues fan, so growing up I had access to listening to the Blues. I also attended a local live Blues music club (and sometimes still do) very regularly for years, so it a a big part of who I am. So getting into the Peter Green and the original Mac sort of just fell into place. It's still in my opinion some of finest, timeless British Blues that's been made.

That's about it in a nutshell really. Thanks for all the greetings guys :-)