PDA

View Full Version : Kings of Leon

bucklind17
01-31-2009, 03:04 PM
I saw these guys live on Thursday at MSG and aside from having an amazing album, they put on a kickass live show! Obviously, I already liked them before seeing them live, but I am totally addicted now. Any other fans?

LukeA
02-01-2009, 06:30 AM
I saw these guys live on Thursday at MSG and aside from having an amazing album, they put on a kickass live show! Obviously, I already liked them before seeing them live, but I am totally addicted now. Any other fans?

I enjoy their music. I saw them open a handful of shows for U2 back in '05 (supporting Aha Shake Heartbreak). Not as a big of a fan of the new album, but they are a favorite of mine.

They headlined MSG? Pretty impressive! Good crowd?

bucklind17
02-01-2009, 11:26 AM
I enjoy their music. I saw them open a handful of shows for U2 back in '05 (supporting Aha Shake Heartbreak). Not as a big of a fan of the new album, but they are a favorite of mine.

They headlined MSG? Pretty impressive! Good crowd?

Totally sold-out. I had tried to get tickets in December and couldn't, but was able to snag one that night when they opened up one of the sections semi-behind the stage. So it wasn't the best view in the world, but still pretty great to be in the building. They seemed very excited to be playing MSG, it was mentioned a bunch of times between songs and the crowd was very into it. Good times.

DigYourGrave
02-01-2009, 04:24 PM
Love them.

The UK, and Ireland especially, have really really taken to them over the past 4 years. They're headlining Oxegen (one of the biggest festivals over here during the summer) for the 3rd year in a row. Last year they were alongside REM, Rage Against The Machine etc so its big big big for them to be asked for the 3rd year in a row back here to play. I think they're rumoured to be playing with Bowie this year! :nod:

They are amazing live. They'd play for hours on end if they were asked. I never quite got why their countrymen didnt fall for them up until recently though, :shrug:

EveryHour
02-02-2009, 11:39 PM
I'm a huge fan! :wavey:

They are such talented writers and players. They play with that super-tight intuitiveness that only brothers (ok, and one cousin) can. They are helping to keep good ol' rock 'n' roll alive!

I have been a fan for a long time, and I have been cherishing the small venues I've had the pleasure of seeing them at because it felt inevitable that they would explode one day. From what I understand, they have been huge in Europe (playing arenas) for a while now. I saw them here last year in a theater and it was complete mayhem. Possibly the most sizzling-energy show I've ever been to, between the band and the audience. I have a feeling that was the last time I'll see them that way............

bucklind17
02-03-2009, 09:17 PM
I'm a huge fan! :wavey:

They are such talented writers and players. They play with that super-tight intuitiveness that only brothers (ok, and one cousin) can. They are helping to keep good ol' rock 'n' roll alive!

I have been a fan for a long time, and I have been cherishing the small venues I've had the pleasure of seeing them at because it felt inevitable that they would explode one day. From what I understand, they have been huge in Europe (playing arenas) for a while now. I saw them here last year in a theater and it was complete mayhem. Possibly the most sizzling-energy show I've ever been to, between the band and the audience. I have a feeling that was the last time I'll see them that way............

Yeah, I was pretty surprised when I saw that the last time they played here in NYC (in September), they played at Webster Hall. I'm not usually very good at staying on top of things musically, so it's fun for me to finally like something as it's hitting here. It is odd that it's taken them so long here though. It was clearly very exciting for them to play MSG, Caleb mentioned it numerous times during the concert and kept waving with both hands like he couldn't get enough.

And word on the brothers thing. Of my favorite bands, four of them are groups of brothers, so the sound that comes from that is definitely a quality I love!

PS: I can't stop watching this video:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SiHZxxBg0oU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SiHZxxBg0oU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I think this is my fave song of theirs, which is interesting as a late-coming "home" fan since it seems to be about how they're more famous away from home. Love the line "All of London sing, because England swings and they sure love the tales I bring. And those rainy days they ain't so bad when you're the king. The king they wanna see." Gives me shivers.