PDA

View Full Version : DVD burning

nailatixela
01-17-2009, 12:51 PM
Hi everyone,

My CD burner I use to burn CDs is great - but it doesn't burn DVDs. Can someone please tell me a decent, free program that they use to burn DVDs? I have a project for school that I need to burn to a DVD.

Any suggestions would be very helpful - thanks. :)

paleshadow
01-17-2009, 04:58 PM
Hi everyone,

My CD burner I use to burn CDs is great - but it doesn't burn DVDs. Can someone please tell me a decent, free program that they use to burn DVDs? I have a project for school that I need to burn to a DVD.

Any suggestions would be very helpful - thanks. :)

Do you have a DVD drive capable of burning? If you just have a CD burner you can't burn DVD's. Having said that, it really depends on the content of your project, is it video or data, and how is it going to be viewed in class?

nailatixela
01-17-2009, 05:29 PM
paleshadow, I checked and it has "DVD-RW" on it. I was trying to use DVD-R before. I am guessing this is the problem I have been having so I'll have to get some RW ones and hope that works.

It is a video, viewed in class on the projector. (which is connected to the teacher's labtop)

Tango
01-17-2009, 05:39 PM
When it doubt, ask jeeves:

http://http://club.cdfreaks.com/f34/possible-burn-dvds-cdr-burner-91705/

It doesn't look like you can do it this way. I don't know your situation, but perhaps you can purchase a DVD burner for your PC.

paleshadow
01-17-2009, 08:36 PM
paleshadow, I checked and it has "DVD-RW" on it. I was trying to use DVD-R before. I am guessing this is the problem I have been having so I'll have to get some RW ones and hope that works.

It is a video, viewed in class on the projector. (which is connected to the teacher's labtop)

Well, DVD RW on a drive just means it can read as well as write (burn). A RW disc is a DVD or CD that can be erased and reused. Some DVD drives work with DVD +R or DVD-R discs. Some work with either. You'd have to check to see what burner you have to find out which one to use.

As far as burning software, nero should work fine for what you are trying to do.

GoS
01-18-2009, 10:51 AM
Well, DVD RW on a drive just means it can read as well as write (burn). A RW disc is a DVD or CD that can be erased and reused. Some DVD drives work with DVD +R or DVD-R discs. Some work with either. You'd have to check to see what burner you have to find out which one to use.

As far as burning software, nero should work fine for what you are trying to do.

Is nero free?

paleshadow
01-18-2009, 03:29 PM
Is nero free?

Looks like they have free trial versions.