PDA

View Full Version : Live videos of Bob-era Mac.

SteveMacD
08-10-2008, 04:02 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oYZR5fBzem4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oYZR5fBzem4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

David
08-10-2008, 09:20 PM
So is that the Graves dude or the other guy with the band at that point?

His setup looks like a B3 (or a C3) with the ARP String Ensemble atop it. Christine's setup looks like a Hamilton acoustic grand with the Hohner Pianet N atop (its folding lid pulled back on its hinge).

What is Bob playing?

What is Mick playing? (What are some easy ways to distinguish the Tama kit from the Yamaha?)

What is John playing?

Wouter Vuijk
08-11-2008, 04:46 AM
What is Bob playing?

What is Mick playing? (What are some easy ways to distinguish the Tama kit from the Yamaha?)

What is John playing?

Bob is playing guitar
Mick is playing the drums
John is playing bass guitar
:sorry: ;)

chiliD
08-11-2008, 10:11 AM
So is that the Graves dude or the other guy with the band at that point?

That's Doug Graves...this is from the Don Kirshner show...I'm somewhere in the audience on this; but didn't get any camera time though(:D)

His setup looks like a B3 (or a C3) with the ARP String Ensemble atop it. Christine's setup looks like a Hamilton acoustic grand with the Hohner Pianet N atop (its folding lid pulled back on its hinge).

I think it's a B3

What is Bob playing?

A Gibson Les Paul Standard with a tobacco sunburst finish...he's playing through one of those old solid state Acoustic 350 heads that were designed for bass, but have a ton o' power and stay CLEAN. He's also playing through a small Fender amp as well (I guess for some "tube warmth"). He's using a classic Roland "Space Echo" for delay; and, he's got a "mission control" of footpedals, as well

Heck, I don't know anything about drums...I'm a musician. :laugh:

What is John playing?

He's playing one of Rick Turner's Alembic basses, through a monster Acoustic amp.

DavidMn
08-11-2008, 03:59 PM
That's Doug Graves...this is from the Don Kirshner show...I'm somewhere in the audience on this; but didn't get any camera time though(:D)

I think it's a B3

A Gibson Les Paul Standard with a tobacco sunburst finish...he's playing through one of those old solid state Acoustic 350 heads that were designed for bass, but have a ton o' power and stay CLEAN. He's also playing through a small Fender amp as well (I guess for some "tube warmth"). He's using a classic Roland "Space Echo" for delay; and, he's got a "mission control" of footpedals, as well

He's playing one of Rick Turner's Alembic basses, through a monster Acoustic amp.You were there?! LUCKY F***ER!:nod: I'm assuming this was filmed in L.A? and around the fall of 1974?

SteveMacD
08-11-2008, 04:43 PM
You were there?! LUCKY F***ER!:nod: I'm assuming this was filmed in L.A? and around the fall of 1974?

This was from Don Kirshner's Rock Concert. They also did Spare Me A Little Of Your Love, Bermuda Triangle, Rattlesnake Shake, and Black Magic Woman. They went heavy on the Green stuff because of the lawsuit. In fact, Kirshner referred to them as the original Fleetwood Mac. I'm sure they did more, but this is what was broadcast.

chiliD
08-11-2008, 05:15 PM
You were there?! LUCKY F***ER!:nod: I'm assuming this was filmed in L.A? and around the fall of 1974?

Actually, to be more than accurate:

At the Long Beach Center Theatre in late summer 1974 (late August/early September, can't recall EXACTLY).

This was from Don Kirshner's Rock Concert. They also did Spare Me A Little Of Your Love, Bermuda Triangle, Rattlesnake Shake, and Black Magic Woman. They went heavy on the Green stuff because of the lawsuit. In fact, Kirshner referred to them as the original Fleetwood Mac. I'm sure they did more, but this is what was broadcast.

As I realized a couple of months later at a regular full-concert in December, they played almost their whole basic concert set during the Don Kirshner taping. So, somewhere, there's probably a whole lotta film/tape lying around with the complete set &/or missing tunes ("Oh Well", "Why", "Believe Me", "Hypnotized", "Angel", etc), as long as somebody hasn't already destroyed them in the last 34 years.

Wouter Vuijk
08-12-2008, 07:31 PM

I like this one :wavey: