PDA

View Full Version : Ticks of Nicks

joe68
06-02-2008, 05:14 PM
Hello,

I am a huge fan of Stevie Nicks and I (along with many of her other fans) are very interested in the sales figures of some of her albums.

Can you tell us how many copies of "Crystal Visions," "Trouble in Shangri-La" and "Rock a Little" have been sold? Can you help us? There is no information like this on the Web.

Gary Brunton

Hi Gary,

So far, "Crystal Visions: The Very Best of Stevie Nicks," has sold 215,000 in the U.S. according to Nielsen SoundScan. So, it's still far off from earning a gold certification from the Recording Industry Association of America. (Gold indicates that 500,000 units have been shipped to U.S. retailers. For more information about the RIAA and their gold and platinum certification program, visit their official Web site at www.riaa.com.)

2001's "Trouble in Shangri-La," Nicks' most recent studio album, has shifted 660,000. "Rock a Little," a 1985 album, has sold 99,000 since 1991 (when Nielsen SoundScan began tracking album sales).

vivfox
06-02-2008, 05:22 PM
I find it hard to believe RAL didn't even sell one hundred thousand copies!!!:o

Sahara
06-02-2008, 05:35 PM
^^ That's only since 1991, though; the RAL Wikipedia entry says it was certified platinum within three months of its release.

SpyNote
06-02-2008, 05:39 PM
That's not too bad, actually. That's a little over 5,800 copies per year since 1991. Total sales are between 1-2 million copies in the U.S.

vivfox
06-02-2008, 06:55 PM
Well I'm quite relieved RAL went platinum. Here's a nine minute interview Stevie did on the radio with Jim Ladd promoting the RAL Album.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/9fnmi4

David
06-02-2008, 08:19 PM
I like ROCK A LITTLE. Here are my favorites:

THE NIGHTMARE
IMPERIAL HOTEL (homage to the Sunset Marquis Hotel)
IF I WERE YOU
SOME BECOME STRANGER

I, too, become stranger with the passage of years.

petep9000
06-02-2008, 09:18 PM

THE NIGHTMARE
IF I WERE YOU
SOME BECOME STRANGER

Oh bad timing. I don't have the endurance to type out one of my long "oh how I love RAL" posts tonight :lol:
But every week we should aspire to at least one segue into RAL , no matter what the subject matter of the OP:

Christmas? Reminds me of RAL

Price of gas? Reminds me of RAL

Simone de Beauvoir's The Second Sex? Reminds me of RAL

That last bite of my sandwich at lunch? Reminds me of RAL

skuncles
06-03-2008, 06:26 AM
I was going to say, I know Rock A Little went platinum, I have one of the RIAA Platinum awards for it hanging in my living room!!

The Catdancer
06-04-2008, 05:59 PM

THE NIGHTMARE
IF I WERE YOU
SOME BECOME STRANGER

I have that same problem :lol:

My fave's are:

I CAN'T WAIT
IMPERIAL HOTEL
SOME BECOME STRANGERS
THE NIGHTMARE
IF I WERE YOU
NO SPOKEN WORD