PDA

View Full Version : Some photos I haven't seen before

sharksfan2000
05-26-2008, 06:57 PM
I was just checking out a few YouTube clips this afternoon and came upon a clip of "Before the Beginning" that was posted yesterday. There's no video, but a bunch of photos I haven't seen before - looks like from late '68. Peter looks really tired in a bunch of them. I've seen a couple of these shots before (or very similar ones anyway) but most were new to me. Anyone else here seen these photos before?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8IeU8jT6og

Ms Moose
05-27-2008, 10:34 AM
Thanks for the link, Sharksfan. A beautifull song and great NEW pictures. I think the pictures were unknown to most of us until a few days ago when Zoork1 posted the John the Revelator website. You can see the same pictures on this site:

http://www.johntherevelator.nl/history/peter_green_

There is a thread on it on the Peter Green site here on the Ledge, but you probably know that allready. On one of the pictures you see Peter Green and Danny Kirwan sitting by a table with the cover of Mr. Wonderfull, so the pictures are from 1968. Peter Green looks like he does on the "Need your love so bad video" and Danny has just joined, judging from his hairstyle.
The guy on the floor is Tom Huissen who recorded the tapes that you can hear bits of on the site.

Ms Moose

sharksfan2000
05-27-2008, 10:39 AM
Thanks, Ms Moose! Ha, that shows you how many of those new photos at the JTR website I looked at. :laugh: Guess I need to check it out some more later today.

Norton
05-29-2008, 04:17 AM
Seems to be at the stage when Peter got religion!

Derek Slade
05-29-2008, 08:00 AM
Ms Moose is right that the photos come from Tom Huissen's John the Revelator site, and as I said in my comment on that site in the Peter Green forum, the photos were taken by my brother, John Slade. I'm pleased to see that after a gentle nudge Tom is now crediting John with the pics.

John knew Peter Green and Danny Kirwan pretty well in those far-off days. He was at the audition, held at the Nag's Head, where Green and Mick Fleetwood tried to help Danny Kirwan find a better rhythm section for the Boilerhouse. He remembers one bassist stepping forward and, when the number began, placing his left hand over the guitar neck and playing as if it were a keyboard! Everyone was apparently bemused. The bassist didn't get the job, but of course neither did anyone else.

Ms Moose
05-29-2008, 01:08 PM
Of course the right person should be credited. The pictures are great. Maybe your brother could share the experience of taking them with us?

And now we are all waiting to get to know when these tapes will be released for us all to hear....but there might be problems with copyrights and so on? I don't know. There might be legal things in it, that makes it hard or impossible to distribute "just like that". :shrug:

I hope the tapes are stored in a fire proof safe!

Ms Moose

zoork_1
05-30-2008, 06:08 AM
[...]...He remembers one bassist stepping forward and, when the number began, placing his left hand over the guitar neck and playing as if it were a keyboard! Everyone was apparently bemused. The bassist didn't get the job, but of course neither did anyone else.

Thanks Derek for sharing your brothers rememberings with us.

/z

Ms Moose
06-01-2008, 02:19 PM
Seems to be at the stage when Peter got religion!

I think that picture is taken after he left Fleetwood Mac, maybe the summer of 1970 but I am not sure. I think that he was past the religous phase by then, even though I agree the attire is a bit messianic. Quite a lot of people (men)looked like that then.

Maybe someone else has a clue to the photograph?

Ms Moose