PDA

View Full Version : New Weston album later this year

wetcamelfood
03-09-2008, 01:18 PM
Found this on bobweston.co.uk :

"At this moment (Jan 2008) Bob Weston is recording new material in the Markant Recording Studios in Heeze (the Netherlands). Expect some new material to be released later in the year."

Since the Penguin Store is where I (& probably most of us here that are interested in his works) got my copy of "There's A Heaven" way back when I hope a good distribution deal is obtained so this is easy enough to buy when the time comes. :)

John

emeraldeyes38
03-17-2008, 08:20 PM
Great! I can't wait to hear new material by Weston!
Where can we find his LP's from way back? I am having terrible trouble finding them.

By the way, I'm new here on the Ledge. Just joined this week. For a long time. I was not on here since my main e-mail was yahoo. By now, I also have aol. Sharon:D

wetcamelfood
03-18-2008, 03:45 PM
Welcome Sharon! :)

I'd guess Steve Fairhead (the webmaster at bobweston.co.uk) might be able to help you out with a copy of "There's A Heaven" (as I think a few here that wanted to buy that from the Penguin Store after it had closed went to him and he was able to help them out with that. Oddly, the e mail addresses given there are info@bobweston.com & webmaster@bobweston.com so I'm guessing he got the dot com rights too? I have a feeling they may say "we'll be opening online ordering soon (as I know they were working on that) so you might have to wait until then but hopefully they'll get you a copy before "whenever that is" (& hopefully they'll put Studo Picks & Night Light on CD & sell those there too). :)

John

emeraldeyes38
03-18-2008, 03:55 PM
Oh, I've got "There's A Heaven". I was hoping to find his other 2 on LP. Can't even find the LP's! Sharon

wetcamelfood
03-18-2008, 04:01 PM
Yeah, they are VERY rare according to what he says on his Penguin Q&A about them, can't be more than 5,000 copies each I think he said, shame, really, we'd LOVE to get them! :)

John

bretonbanquet
03-18-2008, 05:48 PM
Really glad to hear there's a new album coming, especially as I'd heard last year that there were no plans for one.

Studio Picks and Night Light are amazingly rare... I saw NL on eBay ages ago for £30 / $60 but I couldn't afford it at the time :( It would be great if they appeared on CD somehow :) There are also odd B-sides and things that could be added.

wetcamelfood
03-19-2008, 02:00 PM
Studio Picks and Night Light are amazingly rare... I saw NL on eBay ages ago for £30 / $60 but I couldn't afford it at the time :( It would be great if they appeared on CD somehow :) There are also odd B-sides and things that could be added.

Yeah, I've heard of Silver Arrow/Hello Goodbye and the Desire single but have you heard of any others? I get the feeling there's more but maybe not (could just be wishful thinking on my part :) ).

John

michelej1
03-24-2008, 12:24 PM
Bob Weston plays guitar on Frank Baijens new (and first) album Odd Man Out.

Beijens, a Netherlands artist, directed me to his website which has video of Bob doing session work.http://www.frankbaijens.nl

Michele

wetcamelfood
03-24-2008, 04:15 PM
Bob Weston plays guitar on Frank Baijens new (and first) album Odd Man Out.

Beijens, a Netherlands artist, directed me to his website which has video of Bob doing session work.http://www.frankbaijens.nl

Michele

Cool, I just ordered a copy. :)

Anyone know how to save that video (for burning to DVD)?

John