PDA

View Full Version : Documentary/Concert Videos

Les
08-06-2001, 09:38 PM
What do y'all want to see released in terms of video footage (besides the actual music videos)?

Most common requests:

- Rosebud Rumours Video
- Tusk Documentary
- Mirage Concert

What else?

RoxyRockstar
08-06-2001, 10:01 PM
I would like to see some of the earlier shows, like pre-LB/Stevie stuff. I would also like to see them release some of the very first LB/Stevie shows, when they were doing the older FM stuff like station man. My personal request would be the one from the white album tour that takes place in an outdoor arena. I have no idea what the show is all i know is Lindsey is wearing Jeans and a red long sleeve shirt. I have a few clips of it and want to see the whole show! Anyone know which show i am referring to?

Michele
08-07-2001, 08:41 AM
Hi Everyone!

Well, I managed to acquire the top 3 requests listed by Les via Devilwoman Maureen Loftus.

What I wouldn't mind seeing (and I KNOW this won't surprise anyone) would be additional footage of the "Tango in the Night" concert era (ala Billy Burnette). I managed to get other videos from this era from Devilwoman, but I wouldn't mind seeing a few more pro-shot videos of the same quality as the "Tango" concert video. :nod:

I'd also be interested in seeing any other concert videos of the SN/LB era....one can never have too many Stevie shows! :laugh:

Just my thoughts,
Michele "The Billy Freak"

Barbara
08-07-2001, 09:28 AM
Les -
I've always wondered if the rehearsal session of The Dance mentioned in Lewry's Recording Sessions book was taped - at that session there were some songs that didn't make the final cut. That would be an interesting video to see. Is your question limited to just previously released videos? Do you think it's impolite to ask for something Ken C. didn't work on? Just trying to be politically correct here . . .;). I'd love to see any of those Tusk performances - like the final one at the Hollywood Bowl. You KNOW there's a video someplace of that one!
Barbara

AnnS
08-07-2001, 10:44 AM
I would love to see the 1977 Japan shows on video, as well as the Rosebud and Tusk Documentaries. Also the show (not sure where this was recorded, but it was part of the Rosebud Doc) with the killer version of "So Afraid." :thumbsup:

wetcamelfood
08-07-2001, 11:25 AM
I've already had my rant on the need for a promo video compilation elsewhere on the boards so yeah, other than the obvious DVD release choices like "Doc & live concert (Tusk)", "Mirage tour" & "Tango in the night (live)". any footage they got or can get! Of most importance to me is the performance stuff like the '75 Largo, MD show I think Roxyrockstar mentiioned earlier (the bad copy I have states that's where it's from but maybe you've got another interesting film snippet that I don't, if so, we'll have to talk!) I'd definately love a complete compilation of live performance video footage from TV shows (like "Midnight special", "Saturday night live" etc.) but I would hope that if they performed, say, for instance, two songs on a particular show that the release would have both songs and not just one of them you know what I mean? Of course all the solo stuff not released on DVD yet like Stevie's "In concert" FOX tape (from the Bella Donna tour) the old RCA laserdiscs of Mick's "The Visitor" and "Bob Welch & friends live at the Roxy". Heck, I'd even like to get the movies (for the Mac member appearances of course) like "Skatetown USA", "Jealousy", all of Billy's & Mick's ones that aren't on disc yet, you name it. I'll buy it! Only worry I have is I don't know if there may be label difference problems as some of these were not originally released by Warners but as the companies in question aren't putting them to use right now anyways, I'll live in the hope that something can be worked out.

John

Les
08-07-2001, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Barbara
Is your question limited to just previously released videos? Do you think it's impolite to ask for something Ken C. didn't work on?

Um, not necessarily. I thought it might be easier just to start with previously released videos to demonstrate that the interest is there and because those might be easiest to get together and sell. But if there is interest in other performances or footage too . . . this is certainly the place to say it!

All the things y'all have mentioned would be just fine with me too!

chiliD
08-07-2001, 05:32 PM
Other than the "top 3" already mentioned,

The Disney "Coming (Going?) Home" documentary.

The "Bob Welch & Friends" concert

Christine McVie's solo video

Fleetwood Mac on Don Kirshner's Rock Concert 1974.

Fleetwood Mac on Midnight Special (both 1973 & 1975)

sulamith
08-07-2001, 09:45 PM
Rosebud, Mirage, Tusk, especially!
Also, the Midnight Special appearances!

Rumours
08-08-2001, 12:52 PM
I agree with everything said so far--Rosebud Doc., Midnight Special, '77 Japan shows, Tusk Doc., Mirage concert, Tango concert.......everything else........I'd love a good quality release of the '75 Largo, MD concert....I also have Largo, MD concerts from '77 & '79 (thank you Andrea) that the quality isn't that great on, that would be great to release!!! I would also kill for the live performances early on when Lindsey & Stevie first joined the band--it's all so new, they got to do their "new" songs and the old stuff too, it was fresh.......love the stuff from early '75!!

This poll gets a big yes vote!!!

Stephanie

bifftannen1
08-10-2001, 10:33 AM
I would LOVE to see some of the shows from the Tusk tour released... and I've heard a lot of people say especially through the Q&A that its their favorite tour. Its mine too!!! But yeah, the real early stuff with Lindsey and Stevie would be great too...

Graham

Les
08-11-2001, 02:13 PM
After much discussion about trying to secure the release of Fleetwood Mac material that is out of release or contained in Warner Brothers' vaults, Ken Caillat has directed our hopes toward a single test project first. This project is a DVD collection of approximately 10-12 Fleetwood Mac music videos and possibly some live performance footage. Please see Marty's "sticky" post at the top of this Q&A forum for more details. As that is the only release realistically in our grasp right now, we're closing this thread and invite you to please provide your input about what to include in the DVD collection. The success of this project may determine the possibility of getting some other kinds of Fleetwood Mac material released in the future. Thanks!